• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Are you actually saying that God's Son did not die for our sins? No, I know you aren't saying that. So what are you expressing?
yes, Jesus did not die to "cover" your sins from a "God" Who "could not look on sin" (which is pure crap, So the LORD God called out to the man, “Where are you?” Who told you that you were naked?), and most ppl who ID as "Christian" are actually enmeshed in the cult of sol invictus, with Jesus as Apollos, coming to take them away, rapture them, to heaven, whatever, completely contradictory to Scripture, but an easy sell.

So no, i am not saying "God's Son" did not die for our sins, Scripture says so, several different ways,
Bible Search: Jesus died for our sins
Bible Search: Christ died for our sins

as many as do the will of Yah, they are the sons of Yah
He died for all future and past sins but I highly doubt we were there 2000 years ago, killing Him.
yet all must nonetheless appear before the judgement seat of Christ to be judged for their works done while in the body, whether for good or for evil, so i'll just leave you to explain the dichotomy there i guess
and, to the standard explanation,
if you dig a pit for others to fall into, you end up in it yourself
yes well, I suppose it is more important to let others know that Jesus is Lord than having others know we are Christian.
well, bam do what seems best to you imo; im hearing that you would say right out stuff, religious stuff, like "Jesus is Lord" to ppl...nothing wrong with that i guess, but a couple vv to think on in that vein, the heir is under servants until he inherits and is no better than a slave, even though he is lord of all,
I said "you are elohim"

plus Paul's thing about when in Rome maybe, would be more to your point, i kinda chose a diff one, "Jesus is Lord," which i certainly dont mean to disagree with...only we define Jesus diff i guess, Christ is Spirit
He died for all future and past sins but I highly doubt we were there 2000 years ago, killing Him.
no, but you might easily have killed the Spirit from a young age, in choosing the world over your little child inclinations?

Last edited:

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
as many as do the will of Yah, they are the sons of Yah
So how much 'do' do you have to do to become a son of Yah?
Here is what I read ...
John 1:12 KJVS
[12] But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

yet all must nonetheless appear before the judgement seat of Christ to be judged for their works done while in the body, whether for good or for evil, so i'll just leave you to explain the dichotomy there i guess
and, to the standard explanation,
if you dig a pit for others to fall into, you end up in it yourself
I won't be at the Great White Throne Judgment for...

John 5:24 KJVS
[24] Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

But the Judgment Seat you mentioned is the rewards arena, where we receive rewards or loss of rewards according to His Judgment.

'we define Jesus diff you guess'.?
I wouldn't guess on that one. The Scriptures make perfectly clear who Jesus is, some people would have to lay down their ego to admit who He truly is.

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
he who seeks to save his soul shall lose it
I won't be at the Great White Throne Judgment for...
all must come before the judgement seat..., and fit that in however you see fit, ok; im fam with the reasoning as to why you say you will not be there, but wadr all means all to me, and i find no Support for your position, personally. Any more.
ha strangely it might be more about not doing than doing, although also prolly diff than you mean, i guess. So, you were asking rhetorically to make your own point, but i would just say work to make your calling and election sure, and interpret that how you want, too!
ha strangely it might be more about not doing than doing, although also likely diff than you mean, i guess. So, you were asking rhetorically to make your own point, but i would just say work to make your calling and election sure
[24] Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life
i personally doubt that this precludes ones appearance at the GWT, mostly due to the use of "all," and i would just say that maybe He that heareth, barketh, barketh, their work would be judged good instead of evil?

tbh imo it all happens in real-time, and we all do both more or less, one hopefully increasing until the end or whatever, and it is maybe the "Body" that judges us; really just a flowery description of what already happens, ppl are judged by their works yeh?
But the Judgment Seat you mentioned is the rewards arena, where we receive rewards or loss of rewards according to His Judgment.
he said, with complete confidence :)
The Scriptures make perfectly clear who Jesus is
ha, good one

ok, been good SiT with ya, manana

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Luke 17:10 Lexicon: "So you too, when you do all the things which are commanded you, say, 'We are unworthy slaves; we have done only that which we ought to have done.'"
The Scriptures make perfectly clear who Jesus is
fwiw i do agree, only we would not be agreeing Who Jesus really is nonetheless, at least until Can anything good come from Nazareth? is understood. Jesus of Nazareth = "John Doe from Nowhere" in rabbi-speak, and this is perfectly clear, as you say, right

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
No have no idea what you speak.
and Scripture does not either imo; No one has ever gone up to heaven, but He Who came down from it; the Son of Man.
If you can't stand Christians now how will you put up with Christians in heaven.
I came that you might have life, more abundantly
he who seeks to save his soul shall lose it

so i mean bam stay on the death more abundantly path if you like, but wadr imo your pastor is a predator or at least a parasite if that is what she is teaching you

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, that is the attitude we are to have as His servants rather than...

Matthew 7:22 KJVS
[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Braggards.

fwiw i do agree, only we would not be agreeing Who Jesus really is nonetheless, at least until Can anything good come from Nazareth? is understood. Jesus of Nazareth = "John Doe from Nowhere" in rabbi-speak, and this is perfectly clear, as you say, right
It would help if the Rabbis looked into their own Scriptures rather than the teachings of their traditions and teachers like Maimonides.

Luke 24:25-27 KJVS
[25] Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: [26] Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory? [27] And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Yes, that is the attitude we are to have as His servants rather than...
well, so do i take this to mean you have reconsidered the "Rewards" scenario of the GWT? Which btw is, or at least sure seems to me tied up in the "death more abundantly" trip?
It would help if the Rabbis looked into their own Scriptures rather than the teachings of their traditions and teachers like Maimonides.
wadr i am not really interested in a subject change right in here apropos of nothing? No offense but you are using me as fodder now?

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No have no idea what you speak.

You appeared to be trumpeting about the virtue of being a solitary Christian, depending on the Spirit for teaching, fellowship etc and to be devaluing actually meeting physically with other Christians to worship etc.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, so do i take this to mean you have reconsidered the "Rewards" scenario of the GWT? Which btw is, or at least sure seems to me tied up in the "death more abundantly" trip?
There are no rewards at the GWT as those will be judged by their works and all will be found wanting.
wadr i am not really interested in a subject change right in here apropos of nothing? No offense but you are using me as fodder now?
nope, unless you are a Rabbi ignoring your own Scriptures :)

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You appeared to be trumpeting about the virtue of being a solitary Christian, depending on the Spirit for teaching, fellowship etc and to be devaluing actually meeting physically with other Christians to worship etc.
One is never alone, in Christ we are all one and we have Jesus God and His Spirit, loneliness is a people thing. not a God thing, As for christians , do you jknwo which ones are and which ones are not, Bet you cant tell the difference. But we are all in church we must be.. so blind.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
One is never alone, in Christ we are all one and we have Jesus God and His Spirit, loneliness is a people thing. not a God thing, As for christians , do you jknwo which ones are and which ones are not, Bet you cant tell the difference. But we are all in church we must be.. so blind.

Hopefully the church you attend is blessed with many non Christian in attendance. The church worships, but it also evangelizes and that is impossible if there are no non Christians.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are the one who concluded that the verse in Matthew 18:20 was referring to church discipline and made the connection to the need of not less than two witnesses under the law of Moses. I was simply pointing out the difference for Naboth if instead of having his case judged based on the testimonies of fallible and evil men, his witnesses were men led by the Holy Spirit... that is men "in His name". I don't however that verse was speaking only about church discipline.

I see Jesus' words in Matt 18:20 relating rather to how we should always gather together in groups of not less than 2 or 3 in worship or prayer "in His name" to assure that He would also be present with us.
Hi Amadeus,

First off it was not Marymog "who concluded that the verse in Matthew 18:20 was referring to church discipline". It was Jesus who was referring to Church discipline. IN CONTEXT Jesus was telling the Apostles if there is a disagreement amongst church members they are to take their disagreement to the church leaders and the church leaders have the final authority to decide who should be treated as a pagan/tax collector or what is to be bound in heaven and on earth. That is why he told the Apostles; Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. 19 Again, truly I tell you, if two of you agree on earth about anything you ask, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three are gathered in my name, I am there among them.

Your theory is that the YOU in Jesus statement is any 2 or 3 Christians gathered in His name. That theory is not sustainable or logical!! If it was what are we to do when 2 or 3 Christians are gathered in His name and they disagree with 2 or 3 other Christians gathered in His name??? Logically BOTH groups decision can NOT be bound in heaven and on earth. Therefore your theory is not sustainable!!!

In Scripture the witnesses against Naboth were called scoundrals, worthless men, wicked men (1 Kings 21:13) soooo how do you come up with the conclusion that they were led by the Holy Spirit?

I do not understand your theory that Matthew 18:20 is "relating rather to how we should always gather together in groups of not less than 2 or 3 in worship or prayer "in His name" to assure that He would also be present with us." Your theory suggest that He is not "present with us" if we are worshiping Him or praying to Him while alone. o_O

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately few Catholics in my experience regularly walk in His name. Don't worry, because I must say the same thing for a great many non-Catholics 'would be' Christians I have known. This is the problem, I believe, with our nation and our world. In spite of what the polls say the number of so-called Christians walking daily even part of the time in His name is probably very few. We see that if we simply look around us every day.
You sound very judgmental when you say that YOU get to decide WHO is regularly walking in His name :(

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah.
If we define Church as "living stones" i guess i disagree
Well WE don't define Church as "living stones" and neither does Scripture.

Scripture says: Come to him, a living stone,.....and like living stones, let yourselves be built...."

Sooo I don't understand your point....

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so, i know this isnt pleasant to contemplate i guess, but i dont mean to imply that Yah does not love us even if we are mithraist christians, but a pertinent Q here imo is "are you evil, Mary?"
and the A is a resounding "of course," of course; i mean unless you want to claim to be better than apostles, right?
I am a sinner who, by the grace of God, can be forgiven of those sins. Just because one is a sinner, like the Apostles were, that does not make them evil.

Mary

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Well WE don't define Church as "living stones" and neither does Scripture.

Scripture says: Come to him, a living stone,.....and like living stones, let yourselves be built...."

Sooo I don't understand your point....
i think its the next v,
1 Peter 2:5 Lexicon: you also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
I am a sinner who, by the grace of God, can be forgiven of those sins. Just because one is a sinner, like the Apostles were, that does not make them evil.

Mary
she said, with total confidence,
works for me ok mary?
Jesus, Whom you supposedly worship, says we are evil, and you insist that we are not, fine.
seems like you were just insisting on some other stuff turned out to be untrue tho, yes?
but really all i can say with any confidence is i dont know, ok