• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Even Jesus needed fellowship with his Father making time to be alone with him. Few of us have the spiritual stature of Jesus, few of us have even the spiritual stature of great Christians of the past and they found church attendance vital for there well being.
I found Christ, or is it He found me, cant find something that was never lost, we are the church and we have Christ, if we abide in Him He will abide in us. We are never alone. the one who is the truth is always with us, if we are willing to listen and believe. One can be in Church and not in Christ just as one can be in Christ and not in Church, My faith is in Jesus , not men and there ideologies. And that day when the door is shut, so many in church will find themselves left out. Just like the foolish virgins.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Your response above is to this original post of mine...

To call God's church a harlot is to spit on those whom He shed His blood to purchase...

Acts 20:28 KJVS
[28] Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Besides showing a self righteous attitude of being too good for His Body.

Maybe before we go further in this crazy exchange...define 'church'.
Give me some of that red stew, for I am about to die!
Huh

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is false. Half of the statement is correct. On can be in [a] church and not be in Christ, but one cannot be in Christ and not be in [the true] Church.
No its not, if we are speaking of mens churches, Christs church . His people His bride complete different kettle of fish, or people as the case may be, but than HE did refer to us as fish once or twice,

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
hmm well i
l let you and pseudo-steve beat each other to death with "the facts" lol, but seems to me he has a point? Albeit pronounced from satans dialectic of course, but whatevs.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Certainly, should I first stir the pot?

Prefer curry bbyrd if your going to stir. it brings out teh fire in a man.
y'know, its not that i dont appreciate a good joke guys, but seems to me theres a time and place for everything, type deal? Im making Scriptural refs to Christians being, obviously, Edom, and yall figger thats a good spot to make a joke?

ok then...glad you found your niche steve, best of luck here ok

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
y'know, its not that i dont appreciate a good joke guys, but seems to me theres a time and place for everything, type deal? Im making Scriptural refs to Christians being, obviously, Edom, and yall figger thats a good spot to make a joke?

ok then...glad you found your niche steve, best of luck here ok
I didn't mean any offense bb, I was guessing at the meaning of your original response and took my best shot...guess I missed.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I didn't mean any offense bb, I was guessing at the meaning of your original response and took my best shot...guess I missed.
no sweat, but hopefully we are somewhat clearer on the point there? Ppl, ppl who consider themselves Christians even, believe that pleading the blood makes them Christian, when it really makes them Esau, according to Scripture. And not just that Scripture, many supporting vv

"Jesus" did not die for our sins, at least not in the manner we are taught, iow
Bible Search: Jesus died for our sins

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I see what you meant.

I think it is fair to say it does not cease to be a church (a "place" of worship) when it is locked up and no one is in it. So YES church (a building) is a "place" where we worship Him just like heaven is a place where we worship Him. And all the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures; and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, saying, "Amen, blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might, be to our God forever and ever Amen." Before the throne..... day and night they do not cease to say, "HOLY, HOLY, HOLY is THE LORD GOD, THE ALMIGHTY, WHO WAS AND WHO IS AND WHO IS TO COME'.

So if we don't call it a church what should we call it?
so, i know this isnt pleasant to contemplate i guess, but i dont mean to imply that Yah does not love us even if we are mithraist christians, but a pertinent Q here imo is "are you evil, Mary?"
and the A is a resounding "of course," of course; i mean unless you want to claim to be better than apostles, right?

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I found Christ, or is it He found me, cant find something that was never lost, we are the church and we have Christ, if we abide in Him He will abide in us. We are never alone. the one who is the truth is always with us, if we are willing to listen and believe. One can be in Church and not in Christ just as one can be in Christ and not in Church, My faith is in Jesus , not men and there ideologies. And that day when the door is shut, so many in church will find themselves left out. Just like the foolish virgins.

If you can't stand Christians now how will you put up with Christians in heaven.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no sweat, but hopefully we are somewhat clearer on the point there? Ppl, ppl who consider themselves Christians even, believe that pleading the blood makes them Christian, when it really makes them Esau, according to Scripture. And not just that Scripture, many supporting vv

"Jesus" did not die for our sins, at least not in the manner we are taught, iow
Bible Search: Jesus died for our sins
I hope you aren't against people considering themselves Christian?
Jesus did die for our sins in the manner put forth in the Gospels and explained in the Epistles.
What manner were you thinking of?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Jesus did die for our sins in the manner put forth in the Gospels and explained in the Epistles
No son of man may die for another's sins...
so i guess incorporate that v however you may

thats OT, but there are NT parallels,
For all must appear before the judgement seat to be judged for their works done while in the body, whether good or evil,
I desire mercy, not sacrifice
, even
Be perfect as I am perfect,
and interesting corrollary interpretations, OT and NT, no actual bloodshed recorded, blood "of the grape" used for First Communion (not matching the Words said), Give me some of that red stew, for i am starving unto death,
others
What manner were you thinking of?
well, it struck me a few years ago that (as Spirit anyway) Christ died "for" my sins; when i "killed" Him. It's still a theory, but nothing i have found in the interim--and i have looked pretty hard, wrote bots for specific phrases, etc--has changed my mind yet.
I hope you aren't against people considering themselves Christian?
ah no, i appreciate it actually, they are usually pretty anxious to make it known (and thus respectered i guess), and that tells me...stuff, bc they invariably really mean that they expect to get rewarded for what they should have been doing anyway, and seek to commend themselves to each other with me, as i seem to um engender either declarations or questions from ppl, apropos of nothing that i can tell? Except i rarely talk, but ive gotten pretty good at um making that hard to notice...so anyway, no, i understand the desire for ppl to consider themselves "Christian," the violent have been seizing it by force and all

Last edited:

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No son of man may die for another's sins...
so i guess incorporate that v however you may

thats OT, but there are NT parallels,
For all must appear before the judgement seat to be judged for their works done while in the body, whether good or evil,
I desire mercy, not sacrifice
, even
Be perfect as I am perfect,
and interesting corrollary interpretations, OT and NT, no actual bloodshed recorded, blood "of the grape" used for First Communion (not matching the Words said), Give me some of that red stew, for i am starving unto death,
others
Are you actually saying that God's Son did not die for our sins? No, I know you aren't saying that. So what are you expressing?

well, it struck me a few years ago that (as Spirit anyway) Christ died "for" my sins; when i "killed" Him. It's still a theory, but nothing i have found in the interim--and i have looked pretty hard, wrote bots for specific phrases, etc--has changed my mind yet.
He died for all future and past sins but I highly doubt we were there 2000 years ago, killing Him.

ah no, i appreciate it actually, they are usually pretty anxious to make it known (and thus respectered i guess), and that tells me...stuff, bc they invariably really mean that they expect to get rewarded for what they should have been doing anyway, and seek to commend themselves to each other with me, as i seem to um engender either declarations or questions from ppl, apropos of nothing that i can tell? Except i rarely talk, but ive gotten pretty good at um making that hard to notice...so anyway, no, i understand the desire for ppl to consider themselves "Christian," the violent have been seizing it by force and all
yes well, I suppose it is more important to let others know that Jesus is Lord than having others know we are Christian.