Do Joseph Smith and Ellen White fir Bibal criteria of a true Prophet?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, she just read some anti junk that (like anti-SDA stuff) takes a couple of quotes completely out of context, spins facts through a funhouse mirror 6 times over, and then demonizes that fabrication.

I did indeed know that she was an extreme writer and have read some of her stuff (actual essays, not just quotes). I've also chatted with several SDA's about their beliefs as well. Obviously I don't agree with SDA theology, but I should still be respectful, factual, and have thoughtful conversations about things.
KJV 2 Chronicles 20
20 Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.

Aside from EG White, what specific theological points have you disagree with? Just curious.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KJV 2 Chronicles 20
20 Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.

Aside from EG White, what specific theological points have you disagree with? Just curious.
EG White actually doesn't strike me as uber-offensive. Obviously I don't believe that she was a prophetess, but besides that.... I just don't have a super negative opinion of her. I do acknowledge that she did love God, was a Christian lady, and tried her hardest to serve God.

As to other topics:
- I do disagree with the must-worship-on-Saturday-the-Sabbath stance.
- Some more minor disagreements with "The Great Controversy" and "Heavenly Sanctuary" interpretations of things.
- SDA foot washing ceremony I do like.
- Soul sleep
That's what I can think of up the top of my head.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To expose lds, all that is required is truth (light) . No junk other than reading what they say is needed, with precautions not to be soiled or dragged down one's self in deception.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To expose lds, all that is required is truth (light) . No junk other than reading what they say is needed, with precautions not to be soiled or dragged down one's self in deception.
I love it on the rare occasion where a person actually witnessed to me by stating what they believe to be true (versus why they think I’m wrong based on junk they’ve been told).

Such times are extremely rare, but when they happen it’s a welcomed treat and change of pace.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love it on the rare occasion where a person actually witnessed to me by stating what they believe to be true (versus why they think I’m wrong based on junk they’ve been told).

Such times are extremely rare, but when they happen it’s a welcomed treat and change of pace.
Sister, just keep your trust always with the Lord. If you are wrong and it makes a difference, God will correct you. If you are right and your apparent opponent needs to know, God will also make it so. Unfortunately, sometimes we have to go through things that on the surface seem very unfair to us and we might wonder what God is doing. When that happens reading the book of Job is one place where we might receive some understanding. Another thing to do is to consider what Jesus, the man tempted in all points as we are, went through. He never displeased God; he never sinned but they conspired against him to convict him in spite of his innocence. We are not better than Jesus, are we? That does not remove all of the pain or disgust or displeasure or whatever when we are wrongly accused, but at least it may help us to understand some of the 'why'.

Give God the glory!

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sister, just keep your trust always with the Lord. If you are wrong and it makes a difference, God will correct you. If you are right and your apparent opponent needs to know, God will also make it so. Unfortunately, sometimes we have to go through things that on the surface seem very unfair to us and we might wonder what God is doing. When that happens reading the book of Job is one place where we might receive some understanding. Another thing to do is to consider what Jesus, the man tempted in all points as we are, went through. He never displeased God; he never sinned but they conspired against him to convict him in spite of his innocence. We are not better than Jesus, are we? That does remove all of the pain or disgust or displeasure or whatever when we are wrongly accused, but at least it may help us to understand some of the 'why'.

Give God the glory!
Wonderfully said!

Reactions: amadeus

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Do you know that it does not matter what their , or what yours, or what my opinion is ?