Do Men Have Authority Over Women?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Paul's remark is straightforward. He said women can't speak in churches.
Here's a context Bob: .....mostly men were educated. It appears women would shoot their mouth off without due thought. It seems this was a problem and thus Paul's direction. He wasn't sexist as is supposed by many; he was practical.

From my experience, anyone who continues to shoot their mouth off without understanding is a heavy load to bear, it matters not what gender.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's a context Bob: .....mostly men were educated. It appears women would shoot their mouth off without due thought. It seems this was a problem and thus Paul's direction. He wasn't sexist as is supposed by many; he was practical.

From my experience, anyone who continues to shoot their mouth off without understanding is a heavy load to bear, it matters not what gender.
Paul's remark was straightforward. We are not to add or subtract to what's in the Bible. I simply believe Paul was mistaken.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have one Lord - Jesus.
Who said the Holy Spirit would bring to mind with the Apostle’s everything Jesus taught them .

John 14:26
But when the Father sends the Advocate as my representative—that is, the Holy Spirit—he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you.

John 16:13
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There are many who believe we must obey apostles as we obey God.
Hello @Bob Estey

The writings of Scripture are written for our learning, you will agree. However we need to take note of to whom they are written, and at what time, in order to rightly divide the Scriptures before making application of it; for though all Scripture is 'for' us, not all is 'about' us.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who said the Holy Spirit would bring to mind with the Apostle’s everything Jesus taught them .

John 14:26
But when the Father sends the Advocate as my representative—that is, the Holy Spirit—he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you.

John 16:13
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come
"Advocate" and "Spirit of Truth" are terms for the Holy Spirit, not apostles.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Bob Estey

The writings of Scripture are written for our learning, you will agree. However we need to take note of to whom they are written, and at what time, in order to rightly divide the Scriptures before making application of it; for though all Scripture is 'for' us, not all is 'about' us.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Yes, and keep in mind the people who wrote the epistles were mere human beings.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mine does, but what does it matter?
Your Bible has headings supplied the translators/publisher. It is not part of the biblical text. That's why it matters. Do you believe the chapter numbers and verse numbers are part of Scripture? They aren't. Those were supplied years later.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your Bible has headings supplied the translators/publisher. It is not part of the biblical text. That's why it matters. Do you believe the chapter numbers and verse numbers are part of Scripture? They aren't. Those were supplied years later.
I will take it on faith that the letters attributed to Paul are Paul's letters.