Do Not Conform

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Romans 12:2

0. The bible says: do not conform to the way of the world.

1. The way of the world is laziness.

2. Christians conform to the way of the world by seeking the laziest solutions to problems.

3. Prayer is popular due to it being the laziest solution.

4. Some prayers are christians worshipping their laziness as a false idol to conform to the way of the world.

5. The intent behind prayer should never be it being the laziest solution to things.

6. Lazy solutions and lazy rationalizations are of the devil.

Reactions: marks and dev553344

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

2. Christians conform to the way of the world by seeking the laziest solutions to problems.

4. Some prayers are christians worshipping their laziness as a false idol to conform to the way of the world.

5. The intent behind prayer should never be it being the laziest solution to things.

Do you have scripture for your list? Is this being lazy?

Mt 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Mt 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Reactions: Pearl

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have scripture for your list? Is this being lazy?

Mt 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Mt 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Laziness in the bible, is called sloth.

You may have heard of it.

Catholics consider it one of the 7 deadly sins.

Making it difficult to see where your disagrement originates from.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes the world is pulling at us forcibly with laws now to enforce evil. This is a difficult time for the youth of the Christian world.

Reactions: Pearl and Ziggy

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Satan rules this world (1 John 5:19) - conforming to it would be a mistake. We are of the kingdom of God. Pray constantly (1 Thessalonians 5:17).

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I agree! To my own shame. Seeking the most effortless solution seems to run in my flesh.

Peter wrote,

2 Peter 3:13-14 KJV
13) Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
14) Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

We are not to just sit back and do the least we can get away with!

Much love!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

I think it is far better to look at the ways of God rather than the ways of the world.