"Do not Look Upon HIS neck chain"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... Perhaps some other scripture that addresses your point as well...

NOPE. Jesus provided his FINAL INSTRUCTIONS for when HE would not be on earth to meet the needs of his disciples (Luke 22:35), and now issued NEW GUIDANCE (Luke 22:36).

But you're free to follow the old guidance, versus the NEW guidance, -- just as some still follow the Old Testament and don't accept the New Testament.
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about we BOTH recognize that Jesus' kingdom is not of this world. He will return to establish His earthly kingdom, AND we prepare for things to get really nutty because they are...and will get even nuttier! ...
I believe a Muslim terrorist conducted a knife attack in a Nice, France, church, some where an elderly woman was beheaded, and a "church warden" and another person were also stabbed to death some 12hrs ago.

And so where satan's time is short, we should expect an increasingly dangerous world. -- A world where we may have to provide for and protect ourselves and our families:

Lke 22:36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

With BEST Regards,
Bobby Jo :)

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with this discussion is that it seems to be based on either/or rather than both/and. I'll explain.

As I said in one of my earlier comments, if God has called you to be a prepper, then by all means do so. I am not at all opposed to this concept, But there are many who are doing this who have not learned to trust the Providence of God as the Sparrows do in scripture, and in so doing they are placing their faith in their earthly preparations, which will fail them. Unlike Most here I have lived in poverty, and Know how the LORD Provides for those who are His, It is a blessing in and of itself, My Poverty compared to others in the world however is the lap of luxury to them, so it is a matter of perspective. Riches deceive us into thinking we are secure, the trials of our faith is when we learn to trust in God an His providence. Those who have never seen this will be overcome with fear when the time of distress comes upon them, and then there are those who in the churches think they will escape this distress Both of which will make the time of distress harder to bear. I am only trying to get them to see that now so that when the time of distress comes they will have the peace that surpasses understanding.

We are at the time of the "great global reset" and even Q acknowledges this, But unlike Q who is promising some sort of ability to avoid this by the good intentions of Humanity (Humanism), Scripture is clear that this will come to pass, and is the precursor to our eventual redemption that we must endure, and that endurance is not going to be by earthly preparation but rather by learning to trust in His providence. Q is building this false hope in people which is unbiblical. Yes evil will be exposed, but they will continue to wax worse and worse because they have placed their hope in the benevolence of man, when scripture says the heart of man is wicked.

Again, if God has called you to prep, then by all means do so, But your faith needs to be first and foremost in the providence of God and not your prepping. all the prepping in the world will just make you a target in the time of distress.... Perhaps to help others, But as is more often the case to have those preparations squandered by thugs. What then?

Thanks for the comment.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all choose.

Question for you, which came first, Luke 22:36 or John 18:36? With civil war now looming with the election steal in place you will have to choose soon. Think about that please.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question for you, which came first, Luke 22:36 or John 18:36? ...

Was Jesus still with the Disciples in John 18:36? And does Luke 22:36 apply to when HE would NO LONGER be with the Disciples? -- Think about that please! :)

People will go to GREAT LENGTHS to justify their disobedience, including presenting the same "half-truths" that were presented in the Garden of Eden by the Author of lies. -- OBEY Luke 22:36 or suffer the consequences. :)
Bobby Jo

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was Jesus still with the Disciples in John 18:36? And does Luke 22:36 apply to when HE would NO LONGER be with the Disciples? -- Think about that please! :)

People will go to GREAT LENGTHS to justify their disobedience, including presenting the same "half-truths" that were presented in the Garden of Eden by the Author of lies. -- OBEY Luke 22:36 or suffer the consequences. :)
Bobby Jo

The reason why I am asking, is because the church Millitant is not the answer, with Civil war looming You will get caught up in fighting for an earthly Kingdom, as opposed to the Kingdom of God. Meekness is the mindset you will have to Invoke, Not millitancy. The Meek shall inherit the earth.

Reactions: Jostler

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Bobby Jo

Here is a definition of what meekness is from Strong's.

Meekness toward God is that disposition of spirit in which we accept His dealings with us as good, and therefore without disputing or resisting. In the OT, the meek are those wholly relying on God rather than their own strength to defend against injustice. Thus, meekness toward evil people means knowing God is permitting the injuries they inflict, that He is using them to purify His elect, and that He will deliver His elect in His time (Isa 41:17, Luk 18:1-8). Gentleness or meekness is the opposite to self-assertiveness and self-interest. It stems from trust in God's goodness and control over the situation. The gentle person is not occupied with self at all. This is a work of the Holy Spirit, not of the human will (Gal 5:23).

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is a definition of what meekness is from Strong's....
Here is a definition of what obedience is from Webster:....

obedience
noun

obe·di·ence | \ ō-ˈbē-dē-ən(t)s

Definition of obedience
1a : an act or instance of obeying
b : the quality or state of being obedient Children should learn obedience and respect for authority.
2 : a sphere of jurisdiction landowners within the king's obedience especially : an ecclesiastical or sometimes secular dominion under the obedience of the Bishop of Rome

Bobby Jo

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is a definition of what obedience is from Webster:....

obedience
noun

obe·di·ence | \ ō-ˈbē-dē-ən(t)s

Definition of obedience
1a : an act or instance of obeying
b : the quality or state of being obedient Children should learn obedience and respect for authority.
2 : a sphere of jurisdiction landowners within the king's obedience especially : an ecclesiastical or sometimes secular dominion under the obedience of the Bishop of Rome

From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members? Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not. Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts. Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God. (James 4:1-4)

It takes discernment to KNOW and perceive the Will of God. "My sheep hear my voice..." The others do not. Is it the will of God for you to fight for an earthly Kingdom, the church Millitant? Or is it the will of God to fight for the Kingdom of God with the armor of God, which has as our only offensive weapon, the sword of the Spirit, The Word of God? Think about this before you respond in your spirit of gainsaying and strife.

I think this is the thing which will separate the wheat from the tares, the tares being focused on the Earthly kingdom, while truly faithful are focused on the heavenly Kingdom, and Christ Jesus.

But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake. And it shall turn to you for a testimony. Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer: For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist. And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death. And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake. (Luke 21:12-17)

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... the tares being focused on the Earthly kingdom, while truly faithful are focused on the heavenly Kingdom, and Christ Jesus. ...

In case you missed it, Jesus came to earth and dealt with earthly issues including happiness, sorrow, hunger, fatigue, transportation, storms, abuse, and crucifixion.

So maybe Jesus was a "tare"?
Bobby Jo

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In case you missed it, Jesus came to earth and dealt with earthly issues including happiness, sorrow, hunger, fatigue, transportation, storms, abuse, and crucifixion.
Yes, He came to bear those Burdens for us. That we can find rest in Him.

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. (Matthew 11:28-30)

And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind. For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things. But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you. (Luke 12:29-31)

Now, all you are doing is fighting against the Word of God. This is where your opposition descends to, till finally you are given over to a reprobate mind. You are heading in the wrong direction because of your Pride and vanity of your mind.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Being in the world (not "of the world"), we pray "on earth as in heaven". And so as we struggle with our earthly vessels, GOD gives us guidance FOR OUR BENEFIT and PROTECTION:

Lke 22:36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

But if you don't want GOD's benefit and protection, then go your own way and see how well it works out for you.

Good Luck!
Bobby Jo

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And so as we struggle with our earthly vessels,

So Long as you are "struggling with you earthen vessel" You have never "put to death the Old Man" which is to say that you have not fully committed to the LORDSHIP of Christ in your life, and instead you are still in flesh and the Old man. Your carnal mind still rules, and the desires of the flesh are still supreme, and you do not see with Spiritual eyes, only carnal ones at earthly treasures and hungers.

You are living in denial of your need of Jesus in His fulness in your life.

That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. (Eph. 4:22-24)

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. (Gal. 2:20)

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... You have never "put to death the Old Man" ...

YOU ARE CORRECT! I still have to EAT and SLEEP, and will do so until I'm dead. And toward this, I obey Lke 22:36.

Do you?
Bobby Jo

To All

A dishonest person finds every excuse imaginable to justify why they don't obey Scripture.

Isn't it easier to simply obey Scripture?
Bobby Jo

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOU ARE CORRECT! I still have to EAT and SLEEP, and will do so until I'm dead.
You just admitted to your disobedience of scripture and the lack of Life changing Faith. You want the blessings of being a Christian, without the sacrifice, A Christianity that is man serving and humanistic. You keep going back to Luke 22:36, because this is the only scripture you have to hang your self serving faith on, But in the progressive revelation of scripture this is superceded By what comes later, the putting to death of the flesh being something we accomplish through the cross.

For example, Scripture says we should stone all adulterers, Yet we disobey this commandment every day in the church. In dying on the cross, and proclaiming His Kingdom is NOT of this world, Jesus was obeying the role of the suffering servant and by His meekness and His example we should follow suit, "Not my will but thy will be done" should be our calling. What happens when you mix politics and religion is you end up with the church Millitant.... all you have to do is search history for how that works out, crusades, Purges, witch trials, Inquisitions.... the Blood of saints stains the church when she rises up in millitancy. Like a dog returning toits own vomit, the church continues to return to the vomit of millitancy and is espoused in the teachings of Q and the NAR Dominionist, Kingdom now eschatologies that are so popular now. It is nothing more than Humanism in disguise.

What did Jesus say to Peter when he proceeded to pull the sword and cut the ear of the servant of the high priest?
Answer: Then said Jesus unto Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath: the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it? (John 18:11)

We too, if we are to overcome as Christ overcame are to drink of that cup as well, and take up our cross and follow Him, are you ready to make that sacrifice? Are you ready to give your testimony? for this is where the world is heading and all your fighting and prepping won't amount to a hill of beans when the Antichrist shall make war on the saints and overcome them. Only In Christ Jesus is there victory! And He will overcome him with the breath of His Mouth and the brightness of His coming.

Obedience, therefore, is to be like Christ. Did he draw a sword, and fight to avert the cross?, No He laid down his life, we are called to do the same.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just admitted to your disobedience of scripture ...

Yep you caught me:

Lke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

I used my PURSE to buy supplies for my BAG, and after selling my CLOAK to buy a SWORD, I was ready to be "sent out". And so I went!

... and, I'M the one who's accused of DISOBEYS SCRIPTURE ...
Bobby Jo

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
once again you hang your entire theology on one verse. Just like the atheists who quote the verse about "judge not". You cannot pick and choose which apply, you must have the whole council of God.

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. (Romans 12:1-2)

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
once again you hang your entire theology on one verse ...
... one Chapter, one Book, one Bible, -- who cares? IT'S SCRIPTURE.

So I'm still waiting why you throw out a VERSE, -- or a Chapter, or a Book , or a Bible. And YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE, except that you apparently DISAGREE WITH GOD'S WORD.

So I INVITE YOU provide why the literal text has been mis-translated, or mis-interpreted, or mis-applied. It's a simple exercise which I done MULTIPLE TIMES for Translations that deviates from GOD's LITERAL TEXT.

But right now, -- YOU act as though YOU KNOW MORE THAN GOD. And that's a fool's position.
Bobby Jo