"Do not Look Upon HIS neck chain"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I'm still waiting why you throw out a VERSE, -- or a Chapter, or a Book , or a Bible. And YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE, except that you apparently DISAGREE WITH GOD'S WORD.

I Have given you multiple verses here do you not know how to read? I gave you one from Romans 12:1-2 in my previous comment, and the one from John 18:36 when Jesus was being questioned by Pilate, The Words of the Apostle 1 John 2:15 about Loving this world and the things of this world. I Have spoken of the sword of The Spirit being the only offensive weapon we are given in the Spiritual realm I can also quote verses like 2 Corinthians 10:3-6, which should show you that your reliance on fleshly weapons and the "hope and security" you place in these carnal weapons is foolish according to God's word, and how placing your hope in human leaders and kings is like putting faith in the god of this world... 2 Corinthians 4:4...

Shall I keep going here, because there are many more scriptures that I base my words on. The ONUS is on you to explain away the Myriad of verses that counter your view of the church militant. The Belief in the Utopian church state has been tried many times before in History and always ended with the blood of the saints being shed. That is all you are promoting with your Kingdom now philosophy that we must fight for, and take dominion of, It is Humanism plain and simple, a belief that Humanity can overcome the evil of the human heart. It is an argument built in contradiction to begin with as it fails to address the problem of Evil in the heart of man, which is the purpose of this OP.

I Do not claim to know more than God but it is obvious you do not know the nature of man and your own nature. That nature is what leads you to your scoffing posts here that multiple people see as obnoxious and bearing bad fruit. This is simple observation for anyone on the outside looking in. You are incapable of hearing what the Spirit is saying to the church, and in your ignorance you accuse falsely Those who are being led by the Spirit.

This is known as quenching the Spirit.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Have given you multiple verses ...

It's quite simple, -- just explain why Lke 22:36 doesn't apply as LITERALLY WRITTEN; or TRANSLATED; or INTERPRETED.

Or suffer the consequence for disobeying Scripture.
Bobby Jo

To all,
In MANY RESPECTS I AGREE with @David H. He accurately sums my personal inclinations to LIE, CHEAT, STEAL, SLANDER, MURDER, etc. And where it seems an easy SOLUTION to simply justify why I can disregard SCRIPTURE, -- it seems FOOLISH to do so, being my SOUL hangs in the balance. But just maybe GOD WON'T NOTICE this ONE TIME ...

:rolleyes:
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To All,

It looks like @David H. has taken his toys and gone home, without explaining why Lke 22:36 is "DEFECTIVE". And it COULDN'T BE that @David H. has a DEFECTIVE THEOLOGY, -- but it does beg the question ...

With Best Regards,
Bobby Jo

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It looks like @David H. has taken his toys and gone home, without explaining why Lke 22:36 is "DEFECTIVE". And it COULDN'T BE that @David H. has a DEFECTIVE THEOLOGY, -- but it does beg the question ...

I Have already answered the question, No need to be redundant. ;)

Let me know when you have a real question.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

I Have already answered ...

If you did, we'd either be able to discard the VERSE, (line through it), or the PAGE (tear it out), or the BIBLE (burn it). But if you want to leave it in, then PLEASE OBEY IT; otherwise please advise how you wish to DISPOSE of GOD's Word! :)

Bobby Jo

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you did, we'd either be able to discard the VERSE, (line through it), or the PAGE (tear it out), or the BIBLE (burn it). But if you want to leave it in, then PLEASE OBEY IT; otherwise please advise how you wish to DISPOSE of GOD's Word!

I Did explain, It is there, we obey it, But it will not help us in the time to come, because the Gospel of the kingdom will preached once more.
How is your other cheek feeling??:)