Do unitarians go to hell?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No most dont believe we have a commision.
That is because we have only one

Joh 15:17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.

Love can do no wrong, now doing things out of guilt can and does,

most dont even pray for the needy, most dont even help the needy most want to atgue all day. most want to teach and have no fear in doing so.

You presume to much. Just because they dont come on here boasting of there works doesnt mean they are not doing it. That is why its grace by faith, so that none can boast of there works.

Reactions: Helen and Armadillo

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No most dont believe we have a commision. most dont even pray for the needy, most dont even help the needy most want to atgue all day. most want to teach and have no fear in doing so.

And most have an understanding that you will never have.

Ecclesiastes 5
3 For a dream comes through much activity,
And a fool’s voice is known by his many words.

o

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never asked

No most dont believe we have a commision. most dont even pray for the needy, most dont even help the needy most want to atgue all day. most want to teach and have no fear in doing so.

I do have a commission from God. Part of it is shared with many, but part of it is specifically what God has given only to me. I work at it, but never, never am I satisfied that I have done all that I can. Fortunately, God will take up the slack.

I try to pray for everyone especially those I have actually met in the flesh or on the Internet or...? But, I also will at times try to include in prayer the ones I have never contacted to my knowledge. It is an impossible task, but for God working in us, what really is impossible? We simply have to trust that He can do it, even though we know that we alone cannot. For this reason I try to always remember to give God the glory. Who else deserves it all of the time?

Reactions: Sword

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
oh, NO get your beliefs correct.
no thanks. After all, what are beliefs but the things we believe about things that we cannot possibly know? Beliefs = "guesses about yesterday, or tomorrow" and have nothing to do with faith imo.
and two, who mention any sanctioned religion?
ok, then bam add unsanctioned to that, wherein the truth just becomes even more evident. I said sanctioned because those beliefs are more generally accepted, yet still no one believes everything that their sect teaches, i don't think? Of course there will be an exception or two i guess, so then "almost no one."

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do unitarian Christians who worship only The Father and consider Jesus to be the Messiah, inspired by God, but not part of a Trinity, go to hell? Can you pray only to The Father and still have a chance to be saved?

technically Jesus being the Word of God made flesh says that no one comes to the Father but through the Son,

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

and actually all of creation knows its Creator through His Word, and Moses Noah Adam, Abraham and any of the true Prophets, King David and the rest of Israel that had any sort of relationship with the Lord God it was through His Word and in His Word.

so one can't know God but through His Word and He requires the acknowledgment of His Word now made flesh in the Lord Jesus Christ.

and seeing Unitarians are and organization started after Jesus came into the world their claim is bogus because the Father will not recognize those who do not recognize His Beloved Son Jesus Christ accordingly. they have no excuse to not to acknowledge Christ accordingly.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so then, @aspen identifies with Catholicism, yet nonetheless debates various beliefs with other Catholics here, and et cetera
so, don't try to pit me against anyone, but you put your beliefs on the table and let's see if they line up with the word of God or not...... (smile)

Reactions: Job

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what? are you just dedicated to misunderstanding, or what exactly?
NO, so put your beliefs, I mean your doctrine on the table and see if they line up with the word of god. that's all I asked.... :D

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
NO, so put your beliefs, I mean your doctrine on the table and see if they line up with the word of god. that's all I asked.... :D
well, "beliefs" is well enough defined there but i guess we will differ @ "Word," so i'm kind of having trouble with your Q mostly because you cannot state a single uncontested doctrine from Scripture anyway, so iow whatever i might reply with you could easily argue against with the Bible, even "love your neighbor."

fwiw i believe that whatever you believe has no practical significance for me, your neighbor, mostly because our beliefs are just the words that we say, the ideals iow, that we might not actually practice at all when push comes to shove.

so then in order to show you my faith--as opposed to my beliefs--i would need to be in your presence, at least it seems to me...and further, i guess the only way to demonstrate my faith would be my works, which i guess does include good deeds, even if we usually equate works with law, right.

so, i prolly shoulda broken that up into a couple posts, but see if you can punch any holes in that. And sorry if i didn't answer your post as fully as i would have liked, but i don't really hold to any doctrines such as you likely mean. To me God is 1, and 3, and 7 too i guess. Adam and Eve could have been made instantaneously from dirt, or over eons from the "dust" peculiar to the earth.

um, Christ is Spirit, and with us always, waiting to be manifested, into the kingdom right beside us, kingdom of heaven, always been there, right beside us, couldn't possibly be anywhere else, the literal Body of Christ, etc, but for all i know Jesus might come riding in on a humongous white horse so big that He will flash from East to West September twenty whatever, even though we are swimming in wars and rumors of wars.

i suggest that maybe--i'm still working this out--"doctrine" is used as kind of a joke by Scripture, an argument building from the many references to it, but this post is too long already lol

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Job and @bbyrd009

Jobs post #22 and bbyrd009's post #32 BOTH of posts gave me a good old laugh out loud!
I like how quick you both are , you keep the atmosphere of Site light when things start to get heavy. Thank you. :D

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"trinity" is mostly a lie we use to exclude everyone who does not agree with our dogma, imo
Interesting way to express it. It did catch my eye as I just read it. While it may be that there is truth to it, isn't it a bit of a generalization since not all trinitarians will easily fit into such a box? Could you expound a little more on your statement?

I am not a trinitarian [although I once was as a Roman Catholic], but neither am I a Jesus Only [although I once was for about 11 years] and I am not a Unitarian [I never was]. What am I? Like you there is for me no simple way to express what I am or what I am not. To what denomination or sect did Jesus belong?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so, i prolly shoulda broken that up into a couple posts, but see if you can punch any holes in that
First thanks for the response. second, let's start with your works statement, concering Salvation. 2 Timothy 1:9 "Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began".

now your FAITH. you said,
so then in order to show you my faith--as opposed to my beliefs
no need, let's see his WORKS in us, John 6:28 & 29 "Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, this is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent”. BELIEVE. That’s the answer, God work in us to BELIEVE “HIM”. He is the author and finisher of “our faith. ”so, what do you believe in?”, Trinitarianism, Unitarianism, or JW, or Mormon..ect well? is not your beliefs your doctrine?
the Lord Jesus said it best, John 5:39 "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me”. This scripture should be read before any bible study. For it set the stage for the struggle to believe God or not.

now a little HISTORY... TIME. this struggle of believing God goes right back to the beginning. yes right at the tree of the KNOWLEDGE of Good and Evil. this struggle of Good and Evil, right or wrong to obey or not is the QUESTION. God said it best "My people are destroyed for the lack of KNOWLEDGE". for the Just must live by FAITH, Habakkuk 2:4 "Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith". this is why the Lord Jesus is the author and finisher of our FAITH, which we live in, util his return. and as said, the apostle Peter said, add to your FAITH. 2 Peter 1:5- not to be save but to believe in that salvation, his hope until he return. and he have given up the earnest deposit of that SALVATION, his Spirit, the Holy Spirit.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me God is 1, and 3, and 7 too i guess.
see bbyrd009, this is just what I'm saying. you don't know. again, my people perish for the lack of knowledge. that's why we have a bible, and the wisdom of God to understand it so that we may know. again John 5:39 "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me”.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That is because we have only one

Joh 15:17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.

Love can do no wrong, now doing things out of guilt can and does,

You presume to much. Just because they dont come on here boasting of there works doesnt mean they are not doing it. That is why its grace by faith, so that none can boast of there works.

Please quote when I ever boasted?
And also who is doing any thing out of guilt?

Keep in mind your accusation of presumption.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Job and @bbyrd009

Jobs post #22 and bbyrd009's post #32 BOTH of posts gave me a good old laugh out loud!
I like how quick you both are , you keep the atmosphere of Site light when things start to get heavy. Thank you. :D
You think him calling me a fool is light? even though you are in danger of hell if you call anyone a fool. and you think thats light?

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You think him calling me a fool is light?

Your assumption of your righteousness and your position over others is what labels you a fool.

Proverbs 12
23 A prudent man concealeth knowledge: but the heart of fools proclaimeth foolishness.

o

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You think him calling me a fool is light? even though you are in danger of hell if you call anyone a fool. and you think thats light?

Sword, you walked right into it yourself.
You posted, " No one believes....no one prays.....no one helps... you've said before No one praises, no one prays for the sick....etc
So, Once again you are- "sitting in the seat of judgement, scornful"...
You have no idea at all what the rest of us on here do when we are not on the Forum.
How on earth can you makes those kind of judgements???:rolleyes:
He didn't 'call' you a fool....he quoted a scripture.