Do unitarians go to hell?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Like you ,there is for me no simple way to express what I am or what I am not. To what denomination or sect did Jesus belong?

This reminds me of the thread about boxes. Some people are never happy unless they can neatly put people into denominations religious boxes. Little knowing that a great majority of us do not fit into neat boxes any more.

There is Sword thinking that no one else but him "does" anything. ( he must be worn out with all his works , poor chap) God said to Elijah- " I have reserved for Myself 7000 who have not bowed the knee to Baal nor lips have kissed him."
Some time I feel we 'outsiders' would fit perfectly in King David's Adullam's cave. :)

But maybe that too would end up as just being another 'box'. LOL

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Please quote when I ever boasted?
And also who is doing any thing out of guilt?

Keep in mind your accusation of presumption.
Did I specifically say you where or is it guilt that drive you to that conclusion??

Jesus never offended any one but is was amazing how man took offense.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But maybe that too would end up as just being another 'box'. LOL
no, not a box, nor any religion, but FREEDOM. scripture, John 8:36 "If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed." which is, he is the TRUTH. but the question is , which truth one "BELIEVES". man made truth or God. now that's the box to be in or out.

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Could you expound a little more on your statement?
trinity doctrine as it is actually practiced just so often gets turned into justification for the insistence on believing that Jesus is God, and thence to other doctrinal error. It is used as a divider, to exclude. No other fruit that i can see anyway

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Thats there church divided and cannot stand like all mens churches.
yes, yes. nonetheless they are what we have now, and every church surely has its lights anyway. you might see that you only perceive them through a moment in time, when in reality the membership is in constant flux, old members leaving, new members arriving for their tour, etc. So you are talking to people just passing through, at least by and large imo

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
yes, yes. nonetheless they are what we have now, and every church surely has its lights anyway. you might see that you only perceive them through a moment in time, when in reality the membership is in constant flux, old members leaving, new members arriving for their tour, etc. So you are talking to people just passing through, at least by and large imo
I guess we all have to go through it once to see how bad it really is but than,

Rev 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
Rev 14:2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
Rev 14:3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
Rev 14:4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
Rev 14:5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.

Seems teh church cant corrupt everyone

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sword, you walked right into it yourself.
You posted, " No one believes....no one prays.....no one helps... you've said before No one praises, no one prays for the sick....etc
So, Once again you are- "sitting in the seat of judgement, scornful"...
You have no idea at all what the rest of us on here do when we are not on the Forum.
How on earth can you makes those kind of judgements???:rolleyes:
He didn't 'call' you a fool....he quoted a scripture.

You will know them by there fruit. Lady came asked for prayer and got very very little.
So thats a fact. You may take it and call it what ever YOU think is the right thing to do with it. whiuch is obviously fight it. Or you could sayu he is right. The number speak for them selves. Thats a fact. No many in here will pray becaus ethey simply dont want to. FACT. Easy to to see it not a judgment I aint your judge. Fruits simple. You say its a jusgwement cause your hurt. If you were not hurt you would not come running back EVERY TIME like you do.

He was talking about me dont be silly. You that nieve. Not a question.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Did I specifically say you where or is it guilt that drive you to that conclusion??

Jesus never offended any one but is was amazing how man took offense.
So why would you bring boasting into the conversation? No oner else mentioned it. It has no bearing on anything that was said between me and you. So why would you say baosting?
Guilt me not on your nelly. I never made a conclusion yet dont jump the gun. Please explian why you thought the word boasting had a bearing here?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Seems teh church cant corrupt everyone
you are reading those as people, but they can rep other things too. these people can be likened to the members of the temple you are building, etc, and 144k obviously alluding to 12x12 immediately brings to mind fruits, and so on. the tribes are representative also. not saying that 12,000 literal people x12 might not be saved also, but i wouldn't be expecting to ever like meet them or see them marching by in rank and file, right. Like we imagine.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So why would you bring boasting into the conversation? No oner else mentioned it. It has no bearing on anything that was said between me and you. So why would you say baosting?
Simple it is what people love to do, you know 'look at me God look at what I did", instead of "Look at Jesus and all that He did for you".

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you were not hurt you would not come running back EVERY TIME like you do.

He was talking about me dont be silly. You that nieve. Not a question.

Good grief , " hurt" , you do hold yourself in high esteem if you think you can discern my very feelings!! I am beginning to see a pattern in your postings now. Whenever someone disagrees with you , you try to save face but belittling the person who disagrees with you. - "silly, hurt, etc"
Sorry, that does not serve to deflect as much as you seem to think...anyone with half a brain can see why you do it.

And here you are yet once again in your post saying about us not praying enough.
No many in here will pray becaus ethey simply dont want to. FACT.

Somehow that and you other list of what we don't do..infer's that our whole life is judged (by you) on what we do or don't do when we are not on this forum!!

Do you somehow think that God's Holy Spirit is so weak, or maybe asleep, that He needs YOU to tell us what we should be doing?
Get off your high horse and stop nagging us about what we should do..according to you!

And now..let me guess, you will now come back with some weak argument of a post name-calling or saying how hurt, silly, offended or angry I am ...so that you don't have to take to heart how bossy you have become.
You are so sure that you have everything correct and "right"....
.. that is really sad.
Oh well, I tried.

...........H

Reactions: Job

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
trinity doctrine as it is actually practiced just so often gets turned into justification for the insistence on believing that Jesus is God, and thence to other doctrinal error. It is used as a divider, to exclude. No other fruit that i can see anyway
I certainly do not disagree, although neither do I completely agree. This would guess this is what @"ByGrace" was expressing in post #41

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Good grief , " hurt" , you do hold yourself in high esteem if you think you can discern my very feelings!! I am beginning to see a pattern in your postings now. Whenever someone disagrees with you , you try to save face but belittling the person who disagrees with you. - "silly, hurt, etc"
Sorry, that does not serve to deflect as much as you seem to think...anyone with half a brain can see why you do it.

And here you are yet once again in your post saying about us not praying enough.

Somehow that and you other list of what we don't do..infer's that our whole life is judged (by you) on what we do or don't do when we are not on this forum!!

Do you somehow think that God's Holy Spirit is so weak, or maybe asleep, that He needs YOU to tell us what we should be doing?
Get off your high horse and stop nagging us about what we should do..according to you!

And now..let me guess, you will now come back with some weak argument of a post name-calling or saying how hurt, silly, offended or angry I am ...so that you don't have to take to heart how bossy you have become.
You are so sure that you have everything correct and "right"....
.. that is really sad.
Oh well, I tried.

...........H
Quite easy to see people felling by there posts. Yes here I am again pointing out a lack in many sook it up. You think infer Judge I explianed what judging is. You might have missed it, Nothing toDo with Holy Spirit. Its to do with the lack of walking with the Holy Ghost. No He is not as forcefull as me. Doesnt need me no. But I do have a voice and if I see something wrong and it IS wrong I will say it. Its crystil clear you are hurt. No its not according to me. Its a biblical fact, Sister asked for prayer and was almost ignored. Nothing weak in what I said, I never once called any one in here anything. I leave that to you. Nothing sad other than to watch you try and justify the lack of concern for people asking for prayer.
Sorry you think thats bossy.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do unitarian Christians who worship only The Father and consider Jesus to be the Messiah, inspired by God, but not part of a Trinity, go to hell? Can you pray only to The Father and still have a chance to be saved?

As long as that "Unitarian" understands that it was the messiah that saved them, then no, they won't be in hell. I know of no scripture stating the contrary.