Do you believe in Hell ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

walls of jericho941

Aug 22, 2014
Stan j, it describes the literal smoke from a literal place that has a literal key to open a literal door. This literal smoke darkens the literal sky. Read verse 2.

What I said about the word is not faulty, nor an assertion. Whats really commical is you assume I dont know about hebrew. What you typed Is not different concerning what I said on the word. you do realize you just validated my comment, right? Further more allow me to educate you, qal means "light" or "simple" Qal verb stems are the most basic of all verb stems to learn. And furthermore, I have not only my own studies on this but several scholars notes pertaining to this as well. I am starting to see why you make comments like hell is not a real literal place. I suppose God is in the habit of referring to fairy tale magical wonderland imaginary places?

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
walls of jericho941 said:
Stan j, it describes the literal smoke from a literal place that has a literal key to open a literal door. This literal smoke darkens the literal sky. Read verse 2.

What I said about the word is not faulty, nor an assertion. Whats really commical is you assume I dont know about hebrew. What you typed Is not different concerning what I said on the word. you do realize you just validated my comment, right? Further more allow me to educate you, qal means "light" or "simple" Qal verb stems are the most basic of all verb stems to learn. And furthermore, I have not only my own studies on this but several scholars notes pertaining to this as well. I am starting to see why you make comments like hell is not a real literal place. I suppose God is in the habit of referring to fairy tale magical wonderland imaginary places?
It's a reference filled with symbolism and metaphor, not actual literal things. I think you'll find the smoke turns into locusts, but with the power of scorpions.
You may want to get a good book and interpreting the symbolism in Revelation. Besides, how does this relate to the Lake of Fire of Hell?

walls of jericho941

Aug 22, 2014
StanJ said:
It's a reference filled with symbolism and metaphor, not actual literal things. I think you'll find the smoke turns into locusts, but with the power of scorpions.
You may want to get a good book and interpreting the symbolism in Revelation. Besides, how does this relate to the Lake of Fire of Hell?
stan, no offence but, your quote shows how much you really dont know. The lake of fire and hell are different. Revelation 20:14 says hell is cast into the lake of fire. 2 literal places.

I do not need a book the locusts that sting like scorpions with face like a man.... they are demons. From hell.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
I do not need a book the locusts that sting like scorpions with face like a man.... they are demons. From hell.
Im sorry but you dont know that for sure, everything else is symbolic or failing that Johns best description of what he is seeing.
That is whats literally obvious when you read it, one such example is the fact that there are nations described as fantastical beasts in revelation.
And when we look at prophecy being for fulled history has always shown that these things are done using earthly situations and people and places. why do people think that major paranormal events will all of a sudden just start to take place outside of that.

I read an account today in John where God spoke to Jesus and it sounded to everybody else like a thunderclap.

Jesus also tells us that on the last day people will be acting as normal, working and enjoying themselves at weddings, this sounds nothing like a time of giant stinging locust demons.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
stan, no offence but, your quote shows how much you really dont know. The lake of fire and hell are different. Revelation 20:14 says hell is cast into the lake of fire. 2 literal places.

None taken, and I NEVER said they were not real places, just not physical places. Yes, hell/hades/death are thrown into the lake of fire where they will remain for eternity. They are NOT consumed or destroyed by physical fire. I do tend to be short so please pay attention when I post.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
I recently watched an educational series on NetFlix called "The Inexplicable
Universe: Unsolved Mysteries" hosted by Neil deGrasse Tyson Ph.D. director
of the Hayden Planetarium.

He said, in so many words; that in the study of Physics, one must
sometimes abandon common sense and simply accept the facts as they are
no matter how unrealistic they may seem.

For example: If you were to stand on the front end of a locomotive traveling
at 60 mph in a vacuum and throw a baseball out ahead of the train at 45
mph, the ball's net forward velocity, relative to the tracks, would be 105
mph because the ball already had a forward velocity of 60 mph before you
even threw it. The reverse holds true when throwing the ball off the rear of
the same train. It's net forward velocity, relative to the tracks, would be 15
mph because you nulled 45 of those 60 mph with your toss. That's just
simple arithmetic and common sense.

Were you to throw the ball off the rear of the train at the same speed as the
train, the ball would land on the rails at the exact spot along the tracks
where you let go of it.

Now, this time trigger a laser pointer out ahead of the train. Common sense
says that the laser will zip on ahead at the combined speed of the train plus
the speed of light; but not so. In 1897, a chemist named Edward Morely,
and a physicist named Albert Michelson, working with a device called an
interferometer, discovered that in a vacuum, the speed of light is constant in
all directions regardless of the motion of its source.

Now trigger your laser pointer off the rear of the train. Again: no change in
the speed of its light relative to the tracks. Its all the same as if you
triggered your laser while the train was stopped.

I mention that because one of the arguments against a hell is the wide
spread opinion that it's contrary to common sense. And with that opinion I
fully agree. But in the field of Christianity, as in the field of Physics, faith
believes what's revealed to it rather than only what makes sense to it.

Buen Camino
/