Do You Believe In The Paranormal?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do You Believe In The Paranormal?

• Total voters

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe hauntings are demonic. When someone harbors a demon inside of them, and then they die, the demon leaves them. The demon may stick around familiar places if it doesn't attach itself to someone else.

I'm not so sure about encounters shortly after death. Could just be a way of saying 'see you later.'
In 2006, I was in the ER for a routine cyst removal. Everything seemed okay until I got up from the bed...my blood pressure bottomed out and I went down. I was immediately with the Lord Jesus!! No tunnels, no bright light...no saying goodbye. One moment, I was here....the next, I was in His presence. And it was such a wonderful place!! I was keenly aware and knew that in my life, I had been weary. I asked Him if I could stay, if my children would be okay without me. He said I could stay with Him for a bit, but I would have to go back. With Him, was so beautiful, warm, and peaceful.

Once I was back in my body, I was freezing cold, foggy headed, couldn't remember why I was there or what happened. When I looked to my right, a young male nurse was there with a very concerned look on his face. He said, "We thought we lost you." I wasn't clear headed enough to know what he was talking about. My husband and youngest son Matthew (who is now with the Lord) were to my left. I was hooked up to oxygen, BP machine, IV, etc.

What I found out was the I had a bad reaction to the pain med and when they hooked me up, my numbers were 50/40 BP ...not sure afterward, taking into account what the nurse said.

My experience was consistent with the Scripture that says to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. I believe that is the truth.

2 Corinthians 5 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ⁶ Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: ⁷ (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) ⁸ We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been wondering myself. While professing herself a Christian, I find it curious that everything she posts on is focused on the darkness. When this is brought up, she gives you her customary Peanuts "blah, blah " video and "Whatever! I'm done with this conversation now!" post, and then turns around and creates another a new thread on spiritual darkness...

I smell a skunk, Lol.
Hmm, perhaps our olfactory sense can tell us a lot, lol.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After reading through this thread, I'm seriously questioning your motive, @April_Rose for setting this up.

You've been warned that the paranormal is dangerous, demonic. If you choose to be involved with the occult, you do so to your own detriment, but I am concerned about people that you may be influencing to think that the occult/paranormal is okay. That goes for everyone else posting in this thread who seem to be legitimatizing the occult.

The occult is of the devil--Satan! Involvement in the occult is always dangerous and harmful! As I told a devil-worshiping student of mine many years ago, the devil eats his children. If you open the door to the devil (or his demons) and entertain him in your life, he will destroy you!!!

What is the occult? | GotQuestions.org
Amen, sister!!!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before I go out for a walk I hope there is something that you and the other members on here will consider as well. How about you guys just let God do His job,.. the staff members do their job,.. and you guys do your job by minding your own business when it comes to how other people live their lives? I probably would like people a lot more on here and have less people currently on my ignore list if everybody did that unless I was actually looking for your advice and opinions. Here,.. it wasn't called for because I was asking who all believed in the paranormal. All it needed was a simple yes or no. I wasn't looking for a lecture. See @Seven of Nine?? That's all you have to do when it comes to dealing with people who give you stress on here. ;)
You did ask....

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Prayer Warrior

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just wanted to add this. The word paranormal can mean supernatural, but it can mean a lot more. The definition in red is the one I'm concerned about.

par•a•nor•mal păr″ə-nôr′məl (American Heritage Dictionary)

• adj.
    Beyond the range of normal experience or scientific explanation.
  • adj.
    Of or pertaining to parapsychology; pertaining to forces or mental processes, such as extrasensory perception or psychokinesis, outside the possibilities defined by natural or scientific laws.
  • adj.
    That which cannot be explained by scientific methods.

Also, this from Wikipedia:

Notable paranormal beliefs include those that pertain to extrasensory perception(for example, telepathy), spiritualism and the pseudosciences of ghost hunting, cryptozoology, and ufology.[6]
.​
These are all things the cult (MK programmers) harness and use for their evil purposes. Now, we know that once we die, we don't hang out on the earth to haunt people. But a lot of these things are real, albeit counterfeits of God's divine will.

My dad came to the Lord a few months before he passed away. But he had been a very abusive man prior to that. The night he passed away, I was visited in my sleep by a spirit that looked like him ...holding his arms out to me ...and yet, I knew instantly this was NOT my dad who was with the Lord ...but a generational familiar spirit that sought (my) permission to attach itself to me.

Reactions: Triumph1300

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These are all things the cult (MK programmers) harness and use for their evil purposes. Now, we know that once we die, we don't hang out on the earth to haunt people. But a lot of these things are real, albeit counterfeits of God's divine will.

My dad came to the Lord a few months before he passed away. But he had been a very abusive man prior to that. The night he passed away, I was visited in my sleep by a spirit that looked like him ...holding his arms out to me ...and yet, I knew instantly this was NOT my dad who was with the Lord ...but a generational familiar spirit that sought (my) permission to attach itself to me.

I have read that the Jews believed the spirits of people stayed around for three days, and this is why Jesus didn't go raise Lazarus right away. Also, Jesus said that it would be three days and three nights before He was raised. It may be that if it had been less time, the Jews would have discounted both of these resurrections.

I'm sure there are others who can shed some light on this topic from the Bible.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They don't know how to do that. Honestly if I wasn't a believer and I came upon this place I would leave twice the atheist. As @Michie this place is toxic

Don't let them interfere with your relationship with Jesus Christ though that's more important. The opening night of my virtual Halloween party I am going to state that anybody who is trying to condemn us for having it will be ignored and then problem solved. ;)

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes because the truth is none of us in this thread are a part of this occult. Blessings to you too. :)
I hope and pray that this is true, but you cannot say this about everyone who posted unless you posted most of the replies under different usernames. If I ever promote evil, I hope that my Christian friends will get involved and call me on it because this would mean that they really love me!

Prov. 27:5-6
Better is open rebuke
Than love that is concealed.
Faithful are the wounds of a friend,
But deceitful are the kisses of an enemy.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, @historyb , the truth is never toxic, but the occult is always toxic.

Blessings to you and all on this thread!

Never said that. I love how you all evangelicals twist what people say, it's quite a habit with you guys. I said this place is toxic and it is very toxic.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never said that. I love how you all evangelicals twist what people say, it's quite a habit with you guys. I said this place is toxic and it is very toxic.

I hate to be labeled! What do you mean by "evangelicals"? What are you?

Reactions: TLHKAJ

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hate to be labeled! What do you mean by "evangelical"? What are you?

I am a Traditional Christian. Evangelical, anyone who is not of the Traditional Churches or Reformed even non denominational basically this place

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a Traditional Christian. Evangelical, anyone who is not of the Traditional Churches or Reformed even non denominational basically this place
What is a "traditional Christian"? Can you explain more specifically what you mean by this?

Reactions: TLHKAJ

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I won't. You have to grow a thick skin around these people and I must have shed mine for awhile :) I am getting better

Here listen to this,.. this song has gotten me through a lot. :D This girl can really sing. ;)

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is a "traditional Christian"? Can you explain more specifically what you mean by this?

Anglican, Catholic, Orthodox, Lutheran, Methodist any Church that use a Liturgy and celebrates the Holy Eucharist like Mine.