Do You Believe In The Paranormal?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do You Believe In The Paranormal?

• Total voters

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I have.

I have been riding Triumphs since 1970. (A 650 Trophy)
Still own two Bonnevilles.
Bought a new BMW last summer.
Put 10.000 km on it last summer.

I have owned Harleys, but in Virginia and Connecticut I ran with the triumph and Indian guys.
I had a friend of mine that ordered a...I guess it is called the Silver Jubilee model from overseas. Came in a fancy wooden crate.
Loved the paint job on it.

9-1540929173938@2x.jpg

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True, but I don't think that it would be a sin to have one or two drinks.
For many people this would be so, but it is an individual walk with God and an individual decision between each person and God. Some people have no tolerance for alcohol and one drink will only lead them necessarily to the next and the next and so forth... into deep trouble.

In one place Paul wrote this...
Eph 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

And in another place that same Paul wrote this:
"Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities." I Tim 5:23

When I was young man and knew not God to inquire of His will in these things I followed my heart of those days and often drank to excess to my own regret, discomfort and even misery.

Today I drink seldom, but I am not a teatotaler. Periodically I will buy a 6 pack of a good beer which I have always enjoyed. Periodically my wife and I will shared a small bottle of wine with a good dinner together.

I have never enjoyed getting drunk. When I used to get drunk regularly it was never because I enjoyed it.

If a person cannot control themselves when they drink or stop when they have reached their own limit, they really should cease and desist and this is not advice only for followers of Christ. But history already has confirmed in these United States, that men cannot stop men from drinking alcoholic beverages by passing laws against it. If they want to they will in spite of the written laws of men.

For anyone really wanting to serve God and please Him, alcohol can become the mammon Jesus warned us against.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Getting drunk or being on drugs just doesn't seem like a good time to me. Why would I purposely want to harm my body?
But people do it all of the time. My wife's very youngest brother was murdered in California when he was about 31 years old while trying to buy illegal drugs in a very dangerous place that even the police would not patrol. Her next to youngest brother died at about 28 years of age due to heart failure caused by many years of consuming a combination of illegal drugs and alcohol... Why? Why is it that men will not choose God instead of their own ways? Look around you. Do you see the ways of Jesus being practiced much in our society? The choice is simple, but men must make it. God will not make that decision for anyone.

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33

Last edited:
Reactions: April_Rose