Do You Believe In The Paranormal?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do You Believe In The Paranormal?

• Total voters

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Due to the fact that I've experienced it myself, yes I do. I'm not exactly sure how, but I believe that they might have not found the light when they died or have some sort of unfinished business.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Due to the fact that I've experienced it myself, yes I do. I'm not exactly sure how, but I believe that they might have not found the light when they died or have some sort of unfinished business.
It's there, indeed, but I don't pursue it; the Lord Jesus is the Light of the World, and it's important not to pursue other lights.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ghosts. I figured that this would be a good topic to start since it's getting closer to Halloween. :D
Okay, I must admit that I'm not fond of Halloween at all. It seems to me like a celebration of death--skeletons, tombstones, etc. After losing several family members in recent years (including my husband), I don't like death, and I don't celebrate it. Sorry if this offends you, but it's where I am.

I guess that I would need to ask you what you think ghosts are. Different people have various ideas about what they are.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Okay, I must admit that I'm not fond of Halloween at all. It seems to me like a celebration of death--skeletons, tombstones, etc. After losing several family members in recent years (including my husband), I don't like death, and I don't celebrate it. Sorry if this offends you, but it's where I am.

I guess that I would need to ask you what you think ghosts are. Different people have various ideas about what they are.
@Prayer Warrior Sorry for your loss.

A really wholesome subject is the Resurrection, which leads to the really glorious motivating outcome for the believer, as Paul says:

"O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord."

(1 Corinthians 15.55-58) :)

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Eh I don't care it doesn't really offend me and I'm talking about spirits.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Eh I don't care it doesn't really offend me and I'm talking about spirits.
@April_Rose It can be good to test the spirits from the Bible, to see if they are from God:

"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world." (1 John 4.1)

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you talking about the spirits of dead people or angels (who are spirits)?

Spirits of dead people oh and also I want to give you a HUGE thank you that even though you don't really like Halloween yourself you aren't trying to condemn me for feeling differently and since I had that a LOT in the past few days it really means a lot to me. :)

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spirits of dead people oh and also I want to give you a HUGE thank you that even though you don't really like Halloween yourself you aren't trying to condemn me for feeling differently and since I had that a LOT in the past few days it really means a lot to me. :)
You and I both have had a lot in the last fews days, so I know exactly how you feel. :)

I don't know if you're into necromancy (contacting the dead), but I would urge you to have nothing to do with trying to contact the spirits of the dead. God has forbidden this, and for good reason. Here's an article that talks about it.

What is a medium? | GotQuestions.org

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
You and I both have had a lot in the last fews days, so I know exactly how you feel. :)

I don't know if you're into necromancy (contacting the dead), but I would urge you to have nothing to do with trying to contact the spirits of the dead. God has forbidden this, and for good reason. Here's an article that talks about it.

@Prayer Warrior Wonderful to rely on the Lord Jesus as our unique Mediator (1 Timothy 2.5), our unique advocate with the Father (1 John 2.1).

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Oh I know that I didn't do anything like that I was just questioning their existence. I mean I sometimes tell my grandparents how much them I love them and miss them but I think that's a little different and *hugs*

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I believe hauntings are demonic. When someone harbors a demon inside of them, and then they die, the demon leaves them. The demon may stick around familiar places if it doesn't attach itself to someone else.

I'm not so sure about encounters shortly after death. Could just be a way of saying 'see you later.'

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe hauntings are demonic. When someone harbors a demon inside of them, and then they die, the demon leaves them. The demon may stick around familiar places if it doesn't attach itself to someone else.

I'm not so sure about encounters shortly after death. Could just be a way of saying 'see you later.'

I believe that the spirits I've encountered are friendly,.. of course that could be them trying to trick me as well.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that the spirits I've encountered are friendly,.. of course that could be them trying to trick me as well.

I believe there are different kinds of spirits that are around. I believe that the spirits of dead people don't hang around the earth for long. I believe that there are angels and demons. God created the angels, and many rebelled with Satan. I believe these are the fallen angels, or demons, that were cast down to earth with Satan. Not all Christians believe as I do about this, so whatever.

I don't believe that the spirits of dead people hang around the earth for long and talk to people, but I do know that demons can masquerade as the spirits of dead people and "speak" through a medium. Of course, anything that opens a person to the influence of demons is dangerous.

So, as far as encountering friendly spirits, were these angels or demons? I don't mean to load you down with things to read, but it's important to learn about this from a CHRISTIAN source. There are a lot of sources of info out there that will lead you astray. Here's an article from GotQuestions.org about demons. You might want to check out their website. They have several articles about demons and angels. Hope this is helpful. :)

What does the Bible say about demons? | GotQuestions.org

Reactions: April_Rose

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean the supernatural? Yes, because God does supernatural things. . and demonic activity would also be considered supernatural.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I believe and had experiences. One time me and a friend were sitting in our college theater, which is said to be haunted by a guy whole fell from the catwalk high above and they closed down the catwalk and no can get up there. As were talking about the young guy we saw a shadow go across the catwalk up on top.

When my Dad was alive he had an experience. He didn't believe in the paranormal before this happened. He worked at K-Mart as night security/maintenance and his shift had ended, he was talking to the boss and a financial lady came running from the back screaming. They calmed her down and she said she saw a ghost in the mirror, she quit on the spot. My dad went back looked around didn't see anything then he looked at the mirror and an Indian chief stared back at him in full Indian dress from the chest up. There was no one behind him or anywhere after that he believed in ghost.

After my Mom and Dad passed I felt my Dad with me for about six months (I was having a very hard time). Then in a dream one night he visited me and told me I would be okay, told me to be good to my wife and he would see me later. He said he had to go to God

Last edited:

MattMooradian

Apr 3, 2020
MUNSTER, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, all Christians believe in the paranormal. Jesus walked on water - that's paranormal. He rose from the dead, did miracles, healed the sick, etc. Can't be a Christian without believing in the paranormal. However, there's a lot I do not believe in when it comes to New Age religionists and their beliefs in the paranormal (i.e., tarot cards to tell the future, homeopathic medicine to heal illness, astrology, etc. etc.). Ghosts are a more difficult subject. On the one hand, ghosts can exist if they are merely humans in a spiritual body. At the moment of my mother's death she (her ghost?) visited me in a dream to say goodbye. But, I do not think you are referring to any of my examples - you are talking about ghosts hanging around in people's homes. I'm very skeptical of such stories, but I recognize I could be wrong.

Reactions: amadeus