Do You Believe In The Paranormal?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do You Believe In The Paranormal?

• Total voters

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you.

When I talked about the devil destroying people, I have seen this firsthand in my family, and I don't want that to happen to anyone else in my path. I will do what I can to prevent it.

Understandable,.. but do you think you could possibly find a better way to do that that doesn't sound so,.. accusational?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Understandable,.. but do you think you could possibly find a better way to do that that doesn't sound so,.. accusational?
Well, I'll work on that. I do ask the Holy Spirit to show me if anything I say is out of line with Him, so I'm always open to correction by Him.

But, I'll not give an inch on what I said about the evils of the occult. Those who play around with anything having to do with the occult are playing with fire--the kind of fire that destroys.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I'll work on that. I do ask the Holy Spirit to show me if anything I say is out of line with Him, so I'm always open to correction by Him.

But, I'll not give an inch on what I said about the evils of the occult. Those who play around with anything having to do with the occult are playing with fire--the kind of fire that destroys.

Okay and agreed.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't worry I'm fine as I personally don't do anything involved with the paranormal,.. but thank you for your concern. :)
Paul told us to not be ignorant of the snares of the enemy that he sets before us.
If it were possible (and it is) even the highest elect would be deceived.
The Word tells us that daily we wrestle NOT against flesh and blood....meaning our battle isn't with people.....but against principalities and powers and spiritual wickedness...
Satan and his demons roam to and fro seeking who they can devour.
When I began being attacked severely by demons it was at a time in my life that I was still on the milk of the Word....the pastor of the church I was attending made a call to my former church to get information about me.
I don't know who he talked to but what they told him (which was completely false) made him come to the decision to kick me out of church. It was my 17th birthday....
It devastated me....I eventually ended up at another church and the pastor confronted me and said a member told him I was spreading rumors about him to the other members...(completely false, again!)...and asked me to leave....
So i was driving down the highway crying uncontrollably and the anger rose up in me and I shook my fist at God and said "so you don't want me in your church, fine. I will serve anything but you." (Remember I was very young and didn't understand demonic warfare at that time)....
So I began to study Astrology and consulting with psychics and spiritualists.....2 years later demons would appear in everything around me. Twice I woke up in a pool of blood for no reason. I ended up calling a friend who was a youth pastor and told them everything. I then met her at the church she attended and for 4 hours I stayed knelt at the alter. I couldn't pray, i couldn't call out the name of Jesus, all I could do was remain knelt there while my friend sang, prayed, played piano, played cd's....and finally, a tear formed in my eye and then rolled down my cheek...then another...and another and suddenly a flood of tears fell and I cried out JESUS, SAVE ME!!!
I became radically changed, saved, and baptized in the Holy Spirit...
What I want you to learn here is I opened many doors for demons to enter in and I did it in ignorance not knowing how satan operates. I didn't know psychics and spiritualist were forms of witchcraft.
Doors that we open are anything connected to the spirit realm, even movies. That's why Quiji boards have caused people to be possessed by the spirit they contacted unknowingly.
I share this not to frighten you....but to impart wisdom to you through mistakes I made.
God Bless April!
And to you demon!
And The Lord Rebuke you, you foul seducing and deceiving spirit! I pray against you spirit of witchcraft! to be broken and have no power in Jesus Name!
Amen!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never mind I did say nosy nelly but you had your chance. You too are going on ignore. Prayer Warrior that is.
Soon when only a handful who do not openly criticize or disagree with you remain, how alone or right will you be?

"Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts." Prov 21:2

What if God wanted to speak to you through one of those on ignore? Checking on them once in a while, is probably not a really painful thing and it might yield some surprising results. Maybe someone else will copy this in their response so she can read it...

Give God the glory!

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So,.. I know that this is a rather old thread but what do you guys think about this?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Due to the fact that I've experienced it myself, yes I do. I'm not exactly sure how, but I believe that they might have not found the light when they died or have some sort of unfinished business.

It's my understanding that spirits when they pass on go to one of two places as per the bible, if you've seen a spirit claiming to be a person that passed on then it is probably an evil spirit IMO. But here are the passages where Jesus describes this:

Luke 16:19-31

King James Version

19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:

20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:

28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Reactions: April_Rose

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Reading the original post....what do you consider "paranormal".
A lot of people have different ideas about what it stand for.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Like ghosts.

Christians should avoid any and all contact with spiritism.
The word of God warns us about it.

Isaiah 8:19
And when they say to you, “Inquire of the mediums and the necromancers who chirp and mutter,” should not a people inquire of their God? Should they inquire of the dead on behalf of the living?

1 John 4:1-6
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already. Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. They are from the world; therefore they speak from the world, and the world listens to them. ...

1 John 4:1
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Leviticus 19:31
“Do not turn to mediums or necromancers; do not seek them out, and so make yourselves unclean by them: I am the Lord your God.

There are more scriptures about it,
these are just a few.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like ghosts.

I used to think that all ghosts were familiar spirits - demons, and I still do for the most part. I know without doubt that those people who died in a righteous state are in heaven and absolutely cannot be tied to this earth. But those who were not, I sometimes wonder about. If anyone was taught the truth it would have been the children of Israel, and yet when the disciples saw Jesus walking on the water, they first thought He was a ghost? Why, if they don't exist. Why didn't they think what they saw was a demon? Why isn't the incident recorded that way, instead of a human ghost? Also, with regards to the sins of abomination about these things, one of them is "consulting the dead." I certainly am afraid for Catholics and Orthodox who pray to the dead, and not so much to God. In my mind praying to them is "consulting." The dead are not God. They don't have powers of omniscience to hear a million prayers at once, let alone the power to answer them, so why bother. They need to learn to ask Someone who can actually hear ALL of our prayers.

BTW, do you still believe in baptizing for the dead (against their will)?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
My sister was watching some ghosthunter show while my nephew was asleep. He woke up, walked out before them, and threw up. No more paranormal shows in their house.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My sister was watching some ghosthunter show while my nephew was asleep. He woke up, walked out before them, and threw up. No more paranormal shows in their house.

Well whether or not the existence of ghosts is true or false, I think that we all can agree that shows like Ghost Hunters and Ghost Adventures is just made up for television and over embellished and exaggerated.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I remember Solomon's song, who briefly was on this forum but he said this on another. You'll not meet a more down to earth guy.

He was on some website and a little demon jumped out of his computer screen and started running around his house stinking up the place.

Last edited:

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember Solomon's song, who briefly on this forum but he said this on another. You'll not meet a more down to earth guy.

He was on some website and a little demon jumped out of his computer screen and started running around his house stinking up the place.

LOL was it April first by any chance when this occurred? :D