Do You Believe In The Paranormal?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do You Believe In The Paranormal?

• Total voters

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well whether or not the existence of ghosts is true or false, I think that we all can agree that shows like Ghost Hunters and Ghost Adventures is just made up for television and over embellished and exaggerated.

About 98% of the stuff coming out of Hollywood is garbage.
Just my opinion though.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians should avoid any and all contact with spiritism.
The word of God warns us about it.

Isaiah 8:19
And when they say to you, “Inquire of the mediums and the necromancers who chirp and mutter,” should not a people inquire of their God? Should they inquire of the dead on behalf of the living?

1 John 4:1-6
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already. Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. They are from the world; therefore they speak from the world, and the world listens to them. ...

1 John 4:1
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Leviticus 19:31
“Do not turn to mediums or necromancers; do not seek them out, and so make yourselves unclean by them: I am the Lord your God.

There are more scriptures about it,
these are just a few.

Christ had a discussion with Moses and Elijah during what we call the transfiguration. Consulting those that had passed on.

The scriptures you are providing are saying...do not believe every spirit....they do not say, to not believe any spirit...and say to "test the spirits."...plural.... Which would mean to work with them in someway.

I am not going to pretend to know exactly what these scriptures are talking about, nor what their instructions to test means.

Spiritualism as in conjuring up spirits is against biblical advise....LOL Who got there clothes beat off of them! LOL Was that spirits or demons!

On the other hand some have seen ghosts and some have had divine visitations. I do not think that is spiritualism or sinful. I know some people pray for divine events or visitations. I do not consider that conjuring.

I have seen ghosts and have had divine visitations. It changes your perspective on faith. I can tell you this about divine visitations, they do not always occur where and under the circumstances that you might think. And there is always lingering questions.

Now you would think that someone that has had divine visitations would get to speak in tongues....but nooooo! I enjoy Holy Ghost churches and have seen and felt some miraculous things. I have had people prophecy about me and it turned out to be 100 percent right. It is a great blessing. I have seen the reaction of a congregation as the Holy Spirit moved across the church and came to me like a warm comforting breeze that penetrated me. And as time went on I have seen this happen a few times. Great stuff.

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
the-land-of-hope.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
True, but I don't think that it would be a sin to have one or two drinks.
Don't follow their voices, as today the old Satanic Necromancy is being realized with mind manipulation using technology. Since the last century they'd developed mind reading technology using Tesla purple energy as our brain is similar to living antenna as the source of vibration and sine signal of human being. But another method they used LSD or Truth Serum as mind reading, I hope this Truth Serum ingredients is not used on current covid vaccines as what I was curious about that this agenda is true. So, both science and paranormal are both from the forbiden tree of Adam & Eve as science & necromancy were from the Evil One, as those forbidden tree was Kabbalah (tree of life & tree knowledge of good and evil), just leave it there as their gods was the physical world (empty space or not existence).
That's why almost many scientist are not believing in God existence, for instance Stephen Hawking.
If you have been experiencing bullying or intimidation from them, keep your ears away from social media and put your headphone on and listen to worship song. If they keep annoying you through tv or any people around you just keep smile to them but don't take their words manipulating your inner peace. Many people who experiencing this they called it as remote neural monitoring.
Not everything that can read our heart & mind is spiritual as they read our inner voice thru our brain vibration and our heart make a noise into our brain. Meditate yourself and find your inner peace with God on pray (Keep your interval of heart breathing and it will helps you more relax).

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Before I became a Christian I attended a few Seances and saw weird things happening.
Of course it was all demonic. I was a "hippie type" teenager at the time and "seeking for truth".....
Found the truth later at a Full Gospel Bus. Men's Meeting. Praise God.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe in ghosts... After all, there is a Holy Ghost, isn't there?

I'm a bit lazy now and don't feel like looking up the verse, but I think there was a time that Saul went to a witch to summon up the deceased Samuel. It actually worked! He was summoned and was pretty pissed off about it. Sail didn't get the answers he wanted to hear.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True, but I don't think that it would be a sin to have one or two drinks.

LOL Do not let anyone judge you on what you eat or drink.
The Jews, the Romans, the Christians, lived a drinking society....not necessary a drunken society.
The practical side of it was that traveling and moving from well to well with different flora and bird poop and frogs, it was not good to drink the water without mixing it with some wine....that is why Paul told Timothy to drink a little wine for his stomach.
There is no such thing as grapepresses! LOL No Greek word for grapepress and no English word for grapepress LOL In other words grapepress is not a word....But winepress is a word. Only winepresses! No way to preserve grape juice from a huge harvest...mostly wine.
Christ drink wine for sure.
In many of his parables and stories Christ used wine, grape, and vineyards as symbolisms.
The most significant ritual...bread and wine.
Knowledge of history and culture are important...if you are not knowledgeable about that, you can take a lot of things in the Bible out of perspective and context.

Reactions: April_Rose

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm a bit lazy now and don't feel like looking up the verse, but I think there was a time that Saul went to a witch to summon up the deceased Samuel

The witch actually called up a spirit from the afterlife, but that spirit was not Samuel. It was a demon impersonating Samuel. This demon, impersonating Samuel, told Saul only part of the truth.

The Bible teaches that demons are able to utter half-truths.

The Book of Acts tells us that a woman who was possessed with an evil spirit followed the Apostle Paul.

While she followed Paul and us, she would cry out, "These men are slaves of the Most High God, who proclaim to you a way of salvation" (Acts 16:17).

Part of what she said was true - the apostles were proclaiming the true way of salvation. However her overall message was one of deception.

And that's how it works, demons tell half the truth and suck some believers into their arms.

Saul should have consulted the Lord and not a "familiar spirit".
He should have repented and made peace with David.
Turning back to the Lord might have had a different result, maybe he would not have been killed and his head cut off and the body burned.

But this is what happens when people consult evil spirits.

Last edited:

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
LOL Do not let anyone judge you on what you eat or drink.

As I said, I have no problem with a glass of alcohol.
But I would never drink alcohol in front of a brother who
recently recovered from alcoholism.
It all makes common sense.

Hey, Jesus turned water into wine..... :)

Reactions: April_Rose

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said, I have no problem with a glass of alcohol.
But I would never drink alcohol in front of a brother who
recently recovered from alcoholism.
It all makes common sense.

Hey, Jesus turned water into wine..... :)

Triumph...as in what?
Not a trick question. Motorcycles or victory?

Reactions: Triumph1300

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe in ghosts... After all, there is a Holy Ghost, isn't there?

I'm a bit lazy now and don't feel like looking up the verse, but I think there was a time that Saul went to a witch to summon up the deceased Samuel. It actually worked! He was summoned and was pretty pissed off about it. Sail didn't get the answers he wanted to hear.

Interesting that Saul consulted the dead, committing a sin unto death, and the next day he was dead.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And that's how it works, demons tell half the truth and suck some believers into their arms.

Saul should have consulted the Lord and not a "familiar spirit".
He should have repented and made peace with David.
Turning back to the Lord might have had a different result, maybe he would not have been killed and his head cut off and the body burned.

But this is what happens when people consult evil spirits.