Do you believe Jesus has given you the Holy Spirit?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
FHII said:
Ok. Have you deliberately committed sin? I don't mean in your past years, I mean today.
[SIZE=16pt]Jesus proclaimed me clean almost forty years ago, and has kept me clean ever sense. No I do not sin![/SIZE]
No, Scripture will not contradict what John said, but you don't grasp the full meaning of what he said, nor have you acknowledge ALL that he said. He did say we cannot sin and gain the kingdom, but he also said we all sin and we all have an advocate who takes care of our shortcomings. You continuously deny these facts about the Bible, which you believe we don't need to follow because Jesus personally is teaching you.

[SIZE=16pt]Again read what John said with a little more attention.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](1 John 2:1-2) “I am writing this, [/SIZE][SIZE=16pt]my children[/SIZE][SIZE=16pt], to stop you sinning; but if anyone should sin, we have our advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ, who is just; he is the sacrifice that takes our sins away, and not only ours, but the whole world’s.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Notice it says an advocate who is just. Justice mean one will get what one deserves if one is good a just judge will reward, and if one is evil he or she will be punished justly.[/SIZE]
I don't have "brave words", I have what the Bible says whether it be the NIV or KJV. You quote the NIV but reject it at the same time. I stand on the written Word and make no apoligies for doing so. You stand on what Jesus told you personally in a dream, or however your received it. I say dream because you mentioned it in another post.

My understanding doesn't contradict the words of John. All of them. That is the Book of John, John I, John II and John III. Furthermore, it doesn't contradict the rest of the Bible. If it does, please show me and I'll humbly correct it. It has happened before, but not too often. I'm not saying John is wrong, I'm saying that what he said is correct. But I look at all of what he said, not just one or two verses which I conviently isolate, like you are doing.

Now, what about your understanding? What proof do you have that it is real? I am ready to go into the rest of the WORD of God, now where do you want to go to prove your understanding is correct?

I try the spirits by the written Word. What do you try them by? "to you, I don't understand any of it."? Fine... Doesn't matter to me what you think. I'm more concerned with if it's right and if God says it's right. I can't go by that little Jesus voice in your head or mine.... I go by "IT IS WRITTEN".

Fail-proof!
[SIZE=16pt]Again nothing but your opinion. You have not rebuked anything of my post with anything but your opinion of what you think scripture says.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]By the way Jesus personally told me he is God, and that the bible was the written Word of God.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Jesus came in the flesh, died on the cross, and rose on the third day.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Yes I have tested the spirits. And the proof that I am being taught, and led by God is that the fruits produced are good. Sin is rotten, and those who sin are of the devil, and not God. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work” [/SIZE]

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My goodness, Johnlove. You aren't even coherent.

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
FHII said:
... but you (Johnlove) don't grasp the full meaning of what he said, nor have you acknowledge ALL that he said.
We have already told him that he does not understand what he is reading.
As in post #21, which went unreplied to.
If only he were teachable.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
An analogy: You're piloting your boat and strike a rock, the boat starts to fill with water through a crack that formed in the bow of the boat. You have no bucket and water continues to gush in through the [SIZE=14.3999996185303px]leak[/SIZE]. A skilled mariner sees your predicament and swims to your boat, so you invite him in to help keep it afloat. The bow of the boat begins to tilt into the water, and even more water gushes through the crack. The mariner warns you, move to the back of the boat with me, so I use my bucket. But you ignore the mariner and vainly try to clog the leak with your shirt. He tells you, your weight in the front of the boat is only making the boat sink faster, come back here with me or your boat will be lost at the bottom of the lake. You decide to listen to the mariner and move to the back of the boat. The water then sloshes from the front to the back, lifting the cracked bow out of the water, and stopping the leak. The mariner is able to fill one bucket at a time and throw it overboard. He then guides you safely to shore.

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
lforrest said:
An analogy: You're piloting your boat and strike a rock, the boat starts to fill with water through a crack that formed in the bow of the boat. You have no bucket and water continues to gush in through the [SIZE=14.3999996185303px]leak[/SIZE]. A skilled mariner sees your predicament and swims to your boat, so you invite him in to help keep it afloat. The bow of the boat begins to tilt into the water, and even more water gushes through the crack. The mariner warns you, move to the back of the boat with me, so I use my bucket. But you ignore the mariner and vainly try to clog the leak with your shirt. He tells you, your weight in the front of the boat is only making the boat sink faster, come back here with me or your boat will be lost at the bottom of the lake. You decide to listen to the mariner and move to the back of the boat. The water then sloshes from the front to the back, lifting the cracked bow out of the water, and stopping the leak. The mariner is able to fill one bucket at a time and throw it overboard. He then guides you safely to shore.
[SIZE=16pt]A very old story, and very misunderstood story. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]I was once very sick, all the symptoms said I would die. Asking Jesus if I should go to the hospital/doctor he told me no.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]I trusted what Jesus told me and did not go to the hospital.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]My sickness was not getting better, and in fact may have been getting worse. I obeyed Jesus and did not go to the Hospital.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Two weeks later I was better than before.[/SIZE]

FHII said:
[SIZE=medium]Wow! Look, I have some disputes with what Wormwood wrote too, but I have to lay that aside based on what you wrote.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]First off, I’m amazed anyone quotes 1 John as proof we have to stop sinning (in any way you want to put it). Reason being, it’s not a big secret how to deal with verses 3:9 and 2:6. Yes, real nice verses to support the “stop sinning” campaign. But it’s funny to see people hiding from the highly obvious verses like 1 John 1:8, which says “If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves. Even the NIV says that. I don’t advocate sin, but if we do sin, we do have an advocate in Jesus Christ. That’s from 1 John 2:1. So appearently, there is hope (thank the Lord) for anyone who sins…. Yes, even if they still sin. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Next…. Ahh, ole Hebrews 10:26! One of the most loved verses of folks who love to put their righteousness on display before men! The verse in the NIV says, “If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left.” That’s all well and good, except for verse 25, which says we must not give up meeting together. This is talking about attending Church, and thus, the “deliberately keep on sinning” is talking about ONE particular sin, which is skipping Church. It’s NOT talking about all sins. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]If you want to debate that, fine. We will start at verse 1 of that chapter and it will be very clear that 1. grace covers all sins of the flesh, 2. if grace doesn’t cover past, present and future sins, it is no better than animal sacrifice, 3. verse 25 is speaking of Church meetings in the form of coming together for worship, fellowship in Christ and learning, and 4. If you skip Church even once, you have forsaken (as the KJV puts it), you swerved and shrunk (as the NIV puts it). [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Bottom line is, if you are going to go to 1 John 3:9, 1 John 2:6 and Hebrews 10:26, then be prepared to deal with what the rest of the verses say. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]So here’s a thought…. Next time this spirit talks to you, ask him about Hebrews 10:1-25. Ask him about 1 John chapter 1 and 2. And ask the Holy Spirit to guide you in ALL Truth, not just the truth about Hebrews 10:26. And while you and this spirit are talking[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium](whom you believe to be Jesus personally talking to you), Ask him about 1 John 4:1. If he or you get defensive about it, then one of you is of the Devil. If both of you agree that it doesn’t apply to you, then you are both of the Devil. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]And also, I am a staunch KJV guy, but I have kept true to my word in that I’ll go to other versions to prove a point. I have only quoted the Bible YOU chose. Furthermore, if you say, “well that’s just your opinion of what it means”, no. Let’s line it up verse by verse and go by what it says. [/SIZE]

Bold words, Williemac. Amen! I agree and stand with you in what you said. What'd you do? Read the Bible or something like that?
[SIZE=16pt]It is all a matter of hearing our Lord and God, and obeying him. [/SIZE]

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why would God not want you to seek medical attention? That doesn't sound like a loving parent to me.

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
aspen said:
why would God not want you to seek medical attention? That doesn't sound like a loving parent to me.
[SIZE=16pt]God knew what his will for me was. He knew that if I trusted him that he would heal me.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Jesus is my doctor. If he wanted me to accept any human’s help then he would tell me.[/SIZE]

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah? I do not believe God would tell anyone to refuse help. Gods will for all of us is the same - to love God and neighbor - everything else is magical thinking and parlor tricks.

Reactions: Born_Again

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
aspen said:
Yeah? I do not believe God would tell anyone to refuse help. Gods will for all of us is the same - to love God and neighbor - everything else is magical thinking and parlor tricks.
That was the best analogy I've seen in a while!!! Made me chuckle! Thanks!!! :lol:

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 1:13-14
13And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

Notice it says "when you believed"...timing of the Indwelling of the Holy Spirit is upon belief.

Also this speaks to a permanent Indwelling "deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption"

Deposit until redemption...we as believers are sealed. This one verse speaks volumes against the OP. Scripture does not contradict Scripture. This verse tells me someone has a wrong interpretation.

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Johnlove said:
Ok. Have you deliberately committed sin? I don't mean in your past years, I mean today.
[SIZE=16pt]Jesus proclaimed me clean almost forty years ago, and has kept me clean ever sense. No I do not sin![/SIZE]

Are you seriously trying to say that you haven't sinned in forty years? Rom. 3:23 ....for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,...
Prov. 20:9 Who can say, "I have kept my heart pure; I am clean and without sin"?....Psalm 130:3 If you, LORD, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand? James 3:2 For all of us stumble much Everyone who does not slip in his speech is a perfect man who can subdue also his whole body. Ecclesiastes 7:20 For there is not a just man on earth, that does good, and sins not.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is serious. Apparently, we have met the first perfect lover since Christ.......right here on Christianityboards, too!

Um...btw, John, Christianity is all about neighbors loving neighbors - Paul spoke about us, Christ's bride, as a Body with different, inter-reliant parts working together. We are called to rely on each other.

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
[SIZE=16pt]Love is a gift from God. To be able to love God is also a gift from God.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]To love God one has to obey God. If one does not live all of God’s commandments he or she does not love God, and will not be able to truly love others.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Sinning is not living God’s Commandments. One who sins will never enter God’s kingdom in heaven. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](1 Corinthians 6:9-19) “You know perfectly well that people who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God: people of immoral lives, idolaters, adulterers, catamites, sodomites, thieves, usurers, drunkards, slanders and swindlers will never inherit the kingdom of God.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Jesus told us that those who did not live the will of the Father would not be with him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](Matthew 5:48) “Even the pagans do as much, do they not? [/SIZE][SIZE=16pt] You must therefore be perfect just as your heavenly Father is perfect.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt](Matthew 7:21-23) “It is not those who say to me, ‘Lord, Lord’, who will enter the kingdom of Heaven but the person who does the will of My Father in Heaven. When the day comes many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?’ Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, you evil men!”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Notice the people who Jesus was talking to were those who had been given the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Those people were not living God’s will, and he told them they would not enter into heaven.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]It seems that everyone on this forum, believes that he or she can’t be perfect. That is even with God’s help it seems no one believes it is possible for one to be sinless. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]With God everything is possible![/SIZE]

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then why did you sin a few threads ago? You tried to teach us Jesus is cursed along with His Church and you were so filled with pride and arrogance you would not receive correction. Remember teachers are held more responsible, and you are teaching...

As to doing God's will and following His commandments it is to believe Jesus is the Christ and to love one another. Jesus says His yoke is easy, His teaching is simple, yet you attempt to make more of what He taught. Do not complicate the Master's teaching elevating yourself in pride and arrogance, that is sinful.

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
Johnlove said:
God knew what his will for me was. He knew that if I trusted him that he would heal me.
Jesus is my doctor. If he wanted me to accept any human’s help then he would tell me.
It was obviously a test of your hearing and obedience, and you passed this test beautifully.
Those who are being led by the Spirit are God's children (Romans 8:14).
But, just because you hear and obey the Lord does not mean you understand all of Scripture.
Razbeerishlee? (Bulgarian for "Do you understand?")

Johnlove

Jul 1, 2014
Wilson, NC
evangelist-7 said:
It was obviously a test of your hearing and obedience, and you passed this test beautifully.
Those who are being led by the Spirit are God's children (Romans 8:14).
But, just because you hear and obey the Lord does not mean you understand all of Scripture.
Razbeerishlee? (Bulgarian for "Do you understand?")
[SIZE=16pt]Jesus/Holy Spirit make sure I understand scripture he has me share.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Jesus sat next to me, had me open the bible to where it tells us that a Christian does not sin.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Jesus explained that Christians don’t sin, and also how he made it possible to defeat Satan/sin.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Do you have any idea what it means to truly have the mind of Christ? I have the mind of Christ. [/SIZE]

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
Johnlove said:
Jesus sat next to me, had me open the bible to where it tells us that a Christian does not sin.[SIZE=16pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16pt]Jesus explained that Christians don’t sin ...[/SIZE]
Well, either someone was dressed up like Jesus ... or if it was Jesus, you misunderstood Him.

1 John 1:7--2:1
"But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another,
and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins
and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin.
And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous."

Christians can be overcomers by confessing/repenting of their sins,
by which they are totally cleansed with the precious blood of Jesus!

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Surely " Christians don't sin" is more metaphoric like "We are forgiven, our sins are washed away" Its part of the Born Again welcome package.

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
Born_Again said:
Surely " Christians don't sin" is more metaphoric like "We are forgiven, our sins are washed away"
Its part of the Born Again welcome package.
I do hope you understand that this refers to one's past sins at the time he is born again,
and does not refer to future sins.

If it is to include future sins,
then it is upon the condition (and with the understanding) that
one holds up his end of the new covenant, part of which is to continually
have his sins cleansed by Jesus' precious blood ... through repentance.

We really NEED to understand how much Father God HATES sin,
and that sin will NEVER be permitted to enter heaven.