Do you believe that ALL babies that die go to Heaven or only "the elect"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is human?...

21 Jesus saith unto her, ...

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
According to the Bible - the 2nd Person of the Trinity is BOTH God and Man.
According to YOUR warped theological perversions - He is not.

He is a Man who was born of a human mother (Matt. 1:25).
He experienced hunger (Matt. 21:8), thirst (John 19:28), temptation (Matt. 4:1), pain and suffering (Matt. 16:21) and death (Matt. 27:50).

He is also GOD.
John 1:1, John 1:3, John 8:58, John 10:30, John 20:28, Colo. 2:9

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's another Scripture to ponder.

"As in Adam all die." That is the Gates of Hell is upon each and every human, including babies!
Yes, let's PONDER your misquote, shall we?
You put the period after the word "die"?
It belongs after the word ALIVE!

1 Corinthians 15:22
For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is the Gates of Hell is upon each and every human, including babies!
Seems like a basic misunderstanding about the Gates of Hell as well.
Can you define the word "prevail"?
As in, the Gates of Hell will NOT prevail.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG.

Jesus is FULLY God and FULLY man.
He was tempted – just like everyone else.
Not wrong at all. If he was fully human he would have been able to sin like all humans are.

Satan tempting Jesus obviously does not mean Jesus could succumb to temptation. Because he never did. Instead he schooled Satan against his folly for even trying.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's great. I pictured Stewie the whole time.

I can't imagine any religion serving a deity that would condemn babies to burn for eternity. That's evil.
The message of salvation is this...

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Babies are not ordered to obey this.

Reactions: BlessedPeace

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to the Bible - the 2nd Person of the Trinity is BOTH God and Man.
According to YOUR warped theological perversions - He is not.

He is a Man who was born of a human mother (Matt. 1:25).
He experienced hunger (Matt. 21:8), thirst (John 19:28), temptation (Matt. 4:1), pain and suffering (Matt. 16:21) and death (Matt. 27:50).

He is also GOD.
John 1:1, John 1:3, John 8:58, John 10:30, John 20:28, Colo. 2:9
He is God because everything that God consists of dwells inside him bodily.

Not "God became a microscopic human flesh cell, eventually becoming a man" as the RCC surmises.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It just doesn't comport with the Good News of God.

Salvation! God's grace gift that never expires, can't be undone, and is eternal.

But babies burn in Hell.
The great lie.
Another parody... (but serious)

Person #1: ... and that's the gospel. Will you receive Jesus?
Person #2: Sure, but I have a question.
Person #1: No problem, what is it?
Person #2: I lost a baby. Will she be in heaven with me?
Person #1: Well... ahem (clears throat) Um... (cringe)
Person #2: Well what! ???

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not wrong at all. If he was fully human he would have been able to sin like all humans are.

Satan tempting Jesus obviously does not mean Jesus could succumb to temptation. Because he never did. Instead he schooled Satan against his folly for even trying.
In His humanity – He absolutely could have sinned – but lived a perfect life instead.
His temptation in the desert wouldn’t mean anything if He was impervious to temptation.

The whole point of Jesus being human like us was to SHOW us how to love a perfect life.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is God because everything that God consists of dwells inside him bodily.
WRONG again.

What YOU are espousing was called the “Nestorian Heresy” – and it was dealt with at the Council of Ephesus in 431 AD. It was the reason the doctrine of the Hypostatic Union had to be defined – that the Son is FULLY God and FULLY man – and these 2 natures cannot be separated.

Not "God became a microscopic human flesh cell, eventually becoming a man" as the RCC surmises.
The Son, the Second Person of the Trinity came to earth as a human being (John 1:14) in the normal way, like every other human being (Luke 1:31-32).

And there is NOTHING you can do about this fact.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In His humanity – He absolutely could have sinned – but lived a perfect life instead.
His temptation in the desert wouldn’t mean anything if He was impervious to temptation.

The whole point of Jesus being human like us was to SHOW us how to love a perfect life.
Jesus possessed a sin nature?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God could have sinned in His humanity?

Reactions: BlessedPeace

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG again.

What YOU are espousing was called the “Nestorian Heresy” – and it was dealt with at the Council of Ephesus in 431 AD. It was the reason the doctrine of the Hypostatic Union had to be defined – that the Son is FULLY God and FULLY man – and these 2 natures cannot be separated.

The Son, the Second Person of the Trinity came to earth as a human being (John 1:14) in the normal way, like every other human being (Luke 1:31-32).

And there is NOTHING you can do about this fact.
No, "God inside Jesus" is BIBLE, fella.

I think you know it but the RCC hook in your mouth was swallowed too deep.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, let's PONDER your misquote, shall we?
You put the period after the word "die"?
It belongs after the word ALIVE!

For as in Adam all die so in Christ all will be made alive.
There are two views in 1 Corinthians 15:22: "For as in Adam all die." "Even so in Christ shall all be made alive,"

I'm curious and willing to wager that you have no inkling at all as to the meaning of 1 Cor. 15:22! I'll be surprised if you did know, though.
It just doesn't comport with the Good News of God.

Salvation! God's grace gift that never expires, can't be undone, and is eternal.

But babies burn in Hell.
The great lie.
So is the word of God!

If God says there is none righteous no, not one (including babies), who are we to argue with Him about Psalms 58?

To God Be The Glory

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm curious and willing to wager that you have no inkling at all as to the meaning of 1 Cor. 15:22! I'll be surprised if you did know, though.
So, you're a gambler?
I'll get some help from a VERY good friend to explain that for you.
I imagine you will isolate the phrase "in Christ" and make an argument on that.
Be sure to explain what "in Adam" means. (on equal terms with "in Christ")
I think the "as in" and "so in" phrases are MORE critical to understanding this.
Meaning: In the same way.

For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 Corinthians 15:22 explained

This is essentially a conditional statement.
It is upon the basis that all die in Adam that all also are made alive in Christ. Or better, if all had not died in Adam, then there would have been no need to make all (or any) alive in Christ.

If all died in Adam, then all are made alive in Christ.

The same set of people are being referenced in both the antecedent and the consequent. So, if "all" doesn't mean all in the consequent, then it doesn't mean all in the antecedent.

Modus tollens: If all are not made alive in Christ, then all did not die in Adam.

But, of course, all did die in Adam (according to the fans of eternal torment).

Therefore, all means all in both instances.

@Chadrho

Last edited:

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

To borrow your word WRONG!

You remind of Nicodemus!

09 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?
10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?
11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you [of] heavenly things?

The truth is the Father sent His Son to earth as a man to save His people from their sins, BECAUSE, it was man who committed sin! And not animals. Hence, Jesus is the God-man.

Jesus never ceased to be God or man! And, not as you claim to show us love. What is the point of teaching love and still end up in hell because your sins have not been dealt with???

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are two views in 1 Corinthians 15:22: "For as in Adam all die." "Even so in Christ shall all be made alive,"

So is the word of God!

If God says there is none righteous no, not one (including babies), who are we to argue with Him about Psalms 58?

To God Be The Glory
If newborns, whose being is of God, are born worthy of Hell and do go there if they perish of SIDS, or something else, God would have said that.
Where did God say that? Not an implication. Not someone's faith system being what they insist is true, babies are sent to Hell if they die. But, the actual book, chapter, and verse.

Reactions: St. SteVen

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you're a gambler?
That's only a saying. Are you American?
1 Corinthians 15:22 explained

If all died in Adam, then all are made alive in Christ.

Modus tollens: If all are not made alive in Christ, then all did not die in Adam.

But, of course, all did die in Adam (according to the fans of eternal torment).
Yes, all died in Adam, but not according to fans of eternal torment but of God!
Therefore, all means all in both instances.
That's a false statement according to Scripture. You, and your friend are still in error.

May I suggest you read 1 Corinthians 15:22 without any preconceive notions and just read it as is? 2 Timothy 3:16-17?

And if there be any spiritual meaning, it will come, if you're a child of God.

Or ask the Holy Spirit for guidance. Like I do.

To God Be the glory

Last edited:

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems like a basic misunderstanding about the Gates of Hell as well.
Can you define the word "prevail"?
As in, the Gates of Hell will NOT prevail.
If as in Adam all die, then it is only logical that the Gates of Hell will prevail.

But once saved, the principle of "The gates if hell" will be taken away.