Do you believe that ALL babies that die go to Heaven or only "the elect"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think all babies that die to to Heaven, although I don't know that I can back that belief with scripture.

Might be argued that it would be better for all people if they all died as babies so that they would all go to Heaven rather than growing into adulthood and risking being condemned to Hell?

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think all babies that die to to Heaven, although I don't know that I can back that belief with scripture.

“Arise thou therefore, get thee to thine own house: and when thy feet enter into the city, the child shall die. And all Israel shall mourn for him, and bury him: for he only of Jeroboam shall come to the grave, because in him there is found some good thing toward the LORD God of Israel in the house of Jeroboam.” (1 Kings 14:12-13)

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Might be argued that it would be better for all people if they all died as babies so that they would all go to Heaven rather than growing into adulthood and risking being condemned to Hell?
Firstly, you will NEVER find a verse in Scripture stipulating that babies go to heaven when they die! Pastors and theologians equate this idea comparing it to the story King David whose son God took away at age 2 but assured him later that he will see his son again in heaven.

Secondly, the reason people make mistakes saying such things is because they have NOT READ the whole Bible.

Psalms 58:3ff reads:

3 The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.
4 Their poison [is] like the poison of a serpent: [they are] like the deaf adder [that] stoppeth her ear;

Please read to the end of the chapter. It's a short eleven verses.

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:
Reactions: JazzyJeff15

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes I agree!

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I agree!
The citation you cited 1 John 4:7-10 has nothing to do with the OP!

I mean, do you know or have you heard that babies can love??? Boy, people will say anything even when it's not kosher. Go figure.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Firstly, you will NEVER find a verse in Scripture stipulating that babies go to heaven when they die! Pastors and theologians equate this idea comparing it to the story King David whose son God took away at age 2 but assured him later that he will see his son again in heaven.

Secondly, the reason people make mistakes saying such things is because they have NOT READ the whole Bible.

Psalms 58:3ff reads:

3 The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.
4 Their poison [is] like the poison of a serpent: [they are] like the deaf adder [that] stoppeth her ear;

Please read to the end of the chapter. It's a short eleven verses.

To God Be The Glory

So babies that would have been evil are sent to Hell?

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didn't you read Psalms 58? People love to argue with God with their own presuppositions. Men are the only ones who claims babies are innocent.

Men in their own volitions and arrogant ways want to have a part in their salvation by teaching that they can believe and accept Jesus to become saved! Hence, without Scripture knowledge they cite 1 Co. 15:22b.

However, the opposite is true...Jesus said, "Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you!!! (John 15:16) and, in John 6:44 Jesus said, "No man can (have the power) come to me, except the Father draw him."

You want to hear more of the true Gospel? I will oblige.

To God Be The Glory

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, I apologize. You did ask a question.

The gates of hell is upon all mankind, "as in Adam ALL die." Therefore as Adam is the progenitor of the human race, likewise we also have inherited the consequence that, "The wages of sin is death."
Are the infants that our all-loving creator tortures in Hell condemned to that experience forever?
Here lies the difference between a saved and unsaved person!

A child of God will NEVER accuse his Heavenly Father of any wrong doing for he knows God does everything perfectly. He is sovereign in ALL things.

Even in death, as in (the wages of sin is death) His love and mercy shines throughout. Revelation 20:14. What a Great God I serve!

There are NO eternal punishment!!!

To God Be The Glory

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Babies do go to paradise. Look at the age of accountability. Matthew chapter 17:2. And said, Verily I say unto you, except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into kingdom of heaven. Humility is the key. Pride and refusing to repent is one reason why lot of people go to sheol, called hell. It's those who do will of God!.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Babies do go to paradise. Look at the age of accountability. Matthew chapter 17:2. And said, Verily I say unto you, except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into kingdom of heaven. Humility is the key. Pride and refusing to repent is one reason why lot of people go to sheol, called hell. It's those who do will of God!.

Amen. And this demonstrates that ALL of mankind goes to be with God!

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here lies the different teachings between God and your denomination....the term "become as little children" in Matthew 17:2, does not mean "to become innocent" as children are supposed to be, rather it means "to have a child-like trust!" in this instant.

Read my lips....THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN AGE OF ACCOUNTABILITY!!! This is man's doctrine. Read post #3.

To God Be The Glory

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If all the people are the children of God, as you claim...
God created every one of us. He didn't create anybody to be sent to a forever, torturous, Hell. That lie was created by Satan and, obviously, many believe that smear of our loving creator.

2 Corinthians 5:19 that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.

John 6:39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day.

2 Corinthians 5:14-15 For the love of Christ controls us, because we have concluded this: that one has died for all, therefore all have died; 15 and he died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised.

Colossians 1:20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross.