Do you believe that ALL babies that die go to Heaven or only "the elect"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone goes to the heavenly realm today, just like hell had two compartments, the heavenly realm also does. Faithless, and faithful. And there is many things to consider with the revelation.

According to the bible.

Everyone use to go straight to hell before it was done away with, but Jesus victory does away with this, he took his elect as the first ones to be part of the Kingdom. Today people are still coming in. What a great King we serve, @Patrick1966.

Why are faithless people claimed to be outside of the gates of the city in heaven?

• Love
Reactions: Patrick1966

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
According to the bible.

Everyone use to go straight to hell before it was done away with, but Jesus victory does away with this, he took his elect as the first ones to be part of the Kingdom. Today people are still coming in. What a great King we serve,

Ah MatthewG your understanding is based on this: -

"Full preterism teaches that all biblical prophecy has been completely fulfilled: the second coming, the judgment of Satan, and the kingdom of God.​
I know that the Rev 16:17-21 prophecy has these witness events contained within it and I have provided the dates and the events that coincides with this prophetic period: -

Rev 16:17-21: - Seventh Bowl: The Earth Utterly Shaken
17 Then the seventh angel poured out his bowl into the air, and a loud voice came out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, “It is done!” 18 And there were noises and thunderings and lightnings; and there was a great turmoil, {WWI} such a mighty and great turmoil {WWII} as had not occurred since men were on the earth. 19 Now the great city was divided into three parts, (1948) and the cities of the nations fell. (WWI) And great Babylon was remembered before God, to give her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of His wrath. (1926) 20 Then every island fled away, and the mountains were not found. (Since WWII) 21 And great hail from heaven fell upon men, each hailstone about the weight of a talent. Men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail, since that plague was exceedingly great. (WWI & WWII)
Similarly, Rev 16:12-16 can predominately be shown to be unfolding at this present time.

Now you falsely claim that "Hell has been done away with because of Christ's victory," but Revelation 20 tells us that Hell, i.e., Hades and "death" were only done away with after the peoples of the earth were assembled in the GWTR for judgement: -
Rev 20:11-15: - 11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, i.e., those who had died a physical death, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead, i.e., those who had died a physical death, were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead, i.e., those who had died a physical death. who were in it, and Death, i.e., those who had died a physical death, and Hades delivered up the dead, i.e., those who had died a physical death, who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works.14 Then Death, i.e., physical death, and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.​

The scriptures above do not agree with your understanding.

Shalom

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone goes to the heavenly realm today, just like hell had two compartments, the heavenly realm also does. Faithless, and faithful. And there is many things to consider with the revelation.

According to the bible.

Everyone use to go straight to hell before it was done away with, but Jesus victory does away with this, he took his elect as the first ones to be part of the Kingdom. Today people are still coming in. What a great King we serve, @Patrick1966.

Why are faithless people claimed to be outside of the gates of the city in heaven?

Indeed, my brother. Some people go through a refinement known as the "Lake of Fire" so that they too can join us in God's kingdom. Jesus heals. Jesus saves. Jesus doesn't callously and purposelessly inflict harm on people. He fixes them. He saves them. Jesus heals. Jesus saves. In fact, he saves ALL! Why? Because Jesus is love. Jesus is capable. Jesus is willing. He will patiently rule until ALL come under his feet, as ALL eventually do as 1 Corinthians 15 clearly states. :)

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
I think that God was being figurative rather than literal.

God blesses some with faith and not others. God saves some from the Lake of Fire and not others. As God said, he has mercy on those for whom he chooses to have mercy. He has his reasons, reasons he doesn't explain and we probably wouldn't understand even if he did. We simply trust in God's judgment and, besides, is there any other choice but to trust in him? Of course not.

Jesus created meanS (notice plural) to save sinners from their sins. We know that faith in Christ is one of those means. What are the other means? The Lake of Fire. It is a means to purify, heal, and save. Nobody remains there forever, as 2 Samuel 14:14 clearly states.

2 Samuel 14:14
We must all die; we are like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be gathered up again. But God will not take away life, and he devises means so that the banished one will not remain an outcast.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think all babies that die to to Heaven, although I don't know that I can back that belief with scripture.
For a surety, you can't!

Romans 9:10-16 reads:

And not only [this]; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, [even] by our father Isaac;
11 (For [the children] being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
14 What shall we say then? [Is there] unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16 So then [it is] not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

Might be argued that it would be better for all people if they all died as babies so that they would all go to Heaven rather than growing into adulthood and risking being condemned to Hell?
An unsaved baby when he grows up will remain unsaved unless God saves him!

To God Be The Glory

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does God love all of his creation?
In a creation vantage point, yes God love His creation, for He said that the work that He did was all "good"!

There was no sin in the world until Adam and Eve's disobedience did sin enter the world.
And if God doesn't save them he'll then torture them forever in Hell, right?
I've always taught and maintained in these forums that "Hell" and the "Lake of Fire" are nothing more than a "condition" (the wages of sin is death) rather than it is a "place."

The business of Salvation belongs to God alone and we have no part in it!!!
Romans 9.
And if God doesn't save them he'll then torture them forever in Hell, right
Your assumption not mine or the Lord's

To God Be The Glory

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your assumption not mine or the Lord's
No, that's what your beloved KJV says.

Matthew 25:46 KJV
And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

1 Corinthians 15:26 ESV
26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death.

Please help me understand. Jesus kills all the "bad" people and thereafter eliminates death, right?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you remeber the account of herod the king, when he ordered all the male babies to be slain ? Or when Pharoh did the same thing but the Hebrew women decided to obey god rather than him? Sin in the resurrection had yet to happen. The destination was paradise or prison, part of sheol which is the land of the dead it can be covering place for the dead. Separation from God.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Corinthians Paul says that we Christians are transformed in the blink of an eye. That doesn't sound like the purgatory that I was taught.
And Peter reminds us:

2 Pet. 3:8

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing: that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

There is NO concept of earthly time with God.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And if God doesn't save them he'll then torture them forever in Hell, right?
Read my lips: PEOPLE GO TO HELL BECAUSE THEY ARE SINNERS!!!

"THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH.

HOW DO YOU DEFINE DEATH?

If you didn't know it already, it means "CEASE TO EXIST!"

Read and study the Bible some more to see if your "opinions" are faithful to the Word of God.

To God Be The Glory
No, that's what your beloved KJV says.

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

1 Corinthians 15:26 ESV
26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death.

Please help me understand. Jesus kills all the "bad" people and thereafter eliminates death, right?
Firstly, you have the bad habit of displaying yourself to know more than God.

Secondly, yes He sends all the "bad" people to hell and to the "Lake of Fire."

Thirdly, He will destroy the former things including Hell and the Lake of Fire, and will create a New Heaven and a New Earth where God "shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."

And Peter reminds us:

2 Pet. 3:8

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing: that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

There is NO concept of earthly time with God.
Didn't Jesus also said, "There's twelve hours in a day and twelve hours in the night?"

Why then do you say there's no concept of earthly time with God?

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didn't Jesus also said, "There's twelve hours in a day and twelve hours in the night?"

Why then do you say there's no concept of earthly time with God?

To God Be The Glory
Peter said that a day is LIKE a thousand years
He didn’t say that it WAS an actual thousand years.

A “thousand years” refers to an eternal length of time.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter said that a day is LIKE a thousand years
He didn’t say that it WAS an actual thousand years.

A “thousand years” refers to an eternal length of time.
Noted. But you have not distinguished that one is a metaphor while the other a reality.

Last edited:

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's forever punishment.

"The wages of sin is death."

DEATH is the forever punishment!

CEASE to EXIST!

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death....Revelation 21:4

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Noted. But you have not distinguished that one is a metaphor while the other a reality.
What “other”??

Peter’s
use of the words “Like” or “As” is hyperbole to illustrate that God is NOT bound by time as we know it.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think all babies that die to to Heaven, although I don't know that I can back that belief with scripture.

Might be argued that it would be better for all people if they all died as babies so that they would all go to Heaven rather than growing into adulthood and risking being condemned to Hell?
I think if you believe God is merciful the question is answered.

All babies must go to Heaven. Because nothing in the bible states otherwise. Or that they would be judged deserving of Hell.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What “other”??

Peter’s
use of the words “Like” or “As” is hyperbole to illustrate that God is NOT bound by time as we know it.
What other??? The one Jesus said that there are 12 hrs. in a day, constituting one day as 24 hrs.

God does not have a rule for mankind and a different rule for Himself!

To God Be The Glory

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think if you believe God is merciful the question is answered.

All babies must go to Heaven. Because nothing in the bible states otherwise. Or that they would be judged deserving of Hell.
Then I suggest that you should read Psalms 58:3-8!

This is God's assessment of the human race, not mine. I don't understand how people think they know more than God.

To God Be The Glory

Last edited: