Do you believe that God has given us the right to....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Sell, Buy, Swap our body parts?
Or to sell, buy or swap our blood which is where our life is meaning "our spirit" is?

Take notice that God says our life is in our blood. Yet this can not mean that we can only loose our life if we loose our blood for a man can die in his sleep all intact and not a drop of blood missing, so this proves it means our SPIRIT is in our bloodline.
So do you think that God is pleased with us swapping blood & our God given body parts to defy death?
If so, then why didn't God give Adam and all those before us the ability and means to do it?
Gen 9:4-6
4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.
5 And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.
6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.
KJV

Lev 17:14
14 For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof: therefore I said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall eat the blood of no manner of flesh: for the life of all flesh is the blood thereof: whosoever eateth it shall be cut off.
KJV
John 6:53-55
53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
KJV

Jesus said that his flesh is meat being that the Word of God is our Bread of LIFE.
And he said his blood is drink indeed for it is to drink in the Spirit of LIFE to nurish our souls by transforming our minds to God's ways of thinking and doing.
The Spirit of God was not given until the Blood of Jesus was shed abroad for the Spirit is the Breath of life and it resides in our bloodline as adopted sons and children of God by the SEED of God being His Word being our Lord Jesus the Word of LIFE!

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Defying death? Is death some god that we are suppose to bow down to. People defy death everyday when they eat and drink water. What's wrong with defying death? If one of King David's men was wounded on the battlefield, don't you think the medical personnel back then would try to "save his life", thereby intervening to "defy death". There is absolutely nothing wrong with defying death and Adam and Eve were given the intelligence to know how to live in a healthy manner thereby "defying" an early death.

The Bible says that God is joined to our spirit which cannot be our blood because when our spirit leaves our body, the blood is still there.

Now, I don't know if you are a Jehovah Witness or not but I found this article, obviously by a group that has left the JW's because too many of their friends and family did not "defy death" and I suppose they grew tired of senseless deaths.

Watchtower articles claim that it is wrong to attempt to save life through a blood transfusion, as this risks forfeiting everlasting life.

Is a blood transfusion a feeding on blood?
The Associated Jehovah's Witnesses for Reform on Blood, is a diverse group of Witnesses from many countries, including elders and other organization officials, Hospital Liaison Committee members, Doctors, Lawyers, Child Advocates and members of the general public who have volunteered their time and energies in an effort to bring about an end to a tragic and misguided policy that has claimed thousands of lives, many of them children.

"Transfused blood cannot be used by your body as food anymore than can a transplanted heart or kidney."
drip.gif

At one time the Watchtower Society taught that it was.5 Then in the mid-1960's they learned that transfused blood is not digested but retained in the body much like a transplanted organ. Tragically, by then many Jehovah's Witnesses had already died. Since the Governing Body believed that the end was extremely near, 6 and that Science would soon provide an effective alternative to blood,7 the blood ban was retained, but more and more of the separate blood products were permitted. 8The current policy has been developed in a careless fashion over the years and there are many similarities to the Watchtower's previous bans on vaccines and organ transplants. 9

Simply stated, to receive a nutritional benefit from blood, you would have to eat and digest it so that it could be broken down and used as food. No nutritional benefit accrues from a blood transfusion.

The Watchtower has tried to overcome this fact by arguing that a blood transfusion is no different than being fed intravenously with dextrose or alcohol. These comparisons are misleading, however, because sugar and alcohol can in fact be used by the body as food without digestion. Transfused blood cannot be used by your body as food anymore so than can a transplanted heart or kidney.

Consider two patients who are unable to eat, and are admitted to a hospital. One is given a blood transfusion and the other intravenous feedings, which one is receiving nourishment and will live? Clearly, doctors do not prescribe blood transfusions to treat malnutrition, but rather to replace something your body has lost, usually the red cells needed to transport oxygen and keep you alive.

Since it cannot be established that a blood transfusion is a feeding on blood or the equivalent of eating blood, then the critical link necessary to Biblically support the Watchtower blood policy does not exist.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Axehead said:
Defying death? Is death some god that we are suppose to bow down to. People defy death everyday when they eat and drink water. What's wrong with defying death? If one of King David's men was wounded on the battlefield, don't you think the medical personnel back then would try to "save his life", thereby intervening to "defy death". There is absolutely nothing wrong with defying death and Adam and Eve were given the intelligence to know how to live in a healthy manner thereby "defying" an early death.

The Bible says that God is joined to our spirit which cannot be our blood because when our spirit leaves our body, the blood is still there.

Now, I don't know if you are a Jehovah Witness or not but I found this article, obviously by a group that has left the JW's because too many of their friends and family did not "defy death" and I suppose they grew tired of senseless deaths.

Watchtower articles claim that it is wrong to attempt to save life through a blood transfusion, as this risks forfeiting everlasting life.

Is a blood transfusion a feeding on blood?
The Associated Jehovah's Witnesses for Reform on Blood, is a diverse group of Witnesses from many countries, including elders and other organization officials, Hospital Liaison Committee members, Doctors, Lawyers, Child Advocates and members of the general public who have volunteered their time and energies in an effort to bring about an end to a tragic and misguided policy that has claimed thousands of lives, many of them children.

"Transfused blood cannot be used by your body as food anymore than can a transplanted heart or kidney."
drip.gif

At one time the Watchtower Society taught that it was.5 Then in the mid-1960's they learned that transfused blood is not digested but retained in the body much like a transplanted organ. Tragically, by then many Jehovah's Witnesses had already died. Since the Governing Body believed that the end was extremely near, 6 and that Science would soon provide an effective alternative to blood,7 the blood ban was retained, but more and more of the separate blood products were permitted. 8The current policy has been developed in a careless fashion over the years and there are many similarities to the Watchtower's previous bans on vaccines and organ transplants. 9

Simply stated, to receive a nutritional benefit from blood, you would have to eat and digest it so that it could be broken down and used as food. No nutritional benefit accrues from a blood transfusion.

The Watchtower has tried to overcome this fact by arguing that a blood transfusion is no different than being fed intravenously with dextrose or alcohol. These comparisons are misleading, however, because sugar and alcohol can in fact be used by the body as food without digestion. Transfused blood cannot be used by your body as food anymore so than can a transplanted heart or kidney.

Consider two patients who are unable to eat, and are admitted to a hospital. One is given a blood transfusion and the other intravenous feedings, which one is receiving nourishment and will live? Clearly, doctors do not prescribe blood transfusions to treat malnutrition, but rather to replace something your body has lost, usually the red cells needed to transport oxygen and keep you alive.

Since it cannot be established that a blood transfusion is a feeding on blood or the equivalent of eating blood, then the critical link necessary to Biblically support the Watchtower blood policy does not exist.
Greetings,
I want to first clear up that I did not say our blood IS our spirit, I said our spirit RESIDES in our Blood it is our DNA that gives us our bloodline and that is why our bones have marrow in them so even after we die, our bones will be resurrected as the Bible teaches and as we see God say the dry bones of Israel came out of their graves after Jesus resurrection and walked around in the city and the people saw them.
As for blood transfusions.. why would God give us the abiblity to transfer blood or body parts? Isn't He alone the healer of His people?
If you say so that people won't die... don't they trust in God? Does God need help to heal those He created so intricutly?

Some say well if God would not have wanted us to have physicians then he would not have given us the knowledge! But DID HE?
Or is this knowledge from the continued eating of the FORBIDDEN TREE to LEARN to be like GOD? Where was Adam's physician?
Do you believe that God has given us permission to CLONE HUMAN BEINGS?
Or how about to completely SMACK Him in the face by rearranging our looks with cosmetic surgery is if God goofed or to just show our ungratefulness for how HE made us?
Just something for you to think about... we are not to think as mere men do.. but of the things of God.
blessings

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
Well, I reckon we just should have let small pox, typhoid, and 30% infant mortality rates run their course.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
THE Gypsy said:
Well, I reckon we just should have let small pox, typhoid, and 30% infant mortality rates run their course.
No, I reckon we should walk in Faith in our GOD!
Ex 15:26
26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.
KJV
Ps 103:2-4
2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
KJV
Matt 4:23-24
23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.
24 And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them.
KJV

Axehead

May 9, 2012
afaithfulone4u said:
No, I reckon we should walk in Faith in our GOD!
Ex 15:26
26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.
KJV
Ps 103:2-4
2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
KJV
Matt 4:23-24
23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.
24 And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them.
KJV
We have to be careful not to be like one of Job's comforters and judge our fellow brothers and sisters that are sick as not walking with faith in God? I would say the same thing to the Sabbath Keepers. Our outward circumstances and afflictions often don't tell the real story regarding the work that God is doing within someone.

2Co 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.
2Co 4:17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;
2Co 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Axehead

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Axehead said:
We have to be careful not to be like one of Job's comforters and judge our fellow brothers and sisters that are sick as not walking with faith in God? I would say the same thing to the Sabbath Keepers. Our outward circumstances and afflictions often don't tell the real story regarding the work that God is doing within someone.
Axehead said:
2Co 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.
2Co 4:17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;
2Co 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Axehead

Wasn't judging, just quoting scripture. It is up to each of us to grow our own faith. My post is about should blood and body parts be given to others or does this offend God?
Our outwardly body goes through the ups and downs, hills and valleys as we follow Christ and learn to walk IN the Word through our wilderness walk of testings and trials to find the path to life. Even Jesus was led into his wilderness to be tempted of the devil by the Holy Ghost. We all go through it but I believe that Christian's are not supposed to do as the heathen who have no God in their life.

I can not find anything in the NT that Jesus or the disciples ever sent someone to the physician's. As you said, we are to walk by faith in the things that we can not see, not to seek man's hand that we can see to heal us.. But God's
I mean no harm, I desire to edify by raising up ones faith in God instead of man. If one has no faith in God to heal without man's hand in a major illness, begin with a small one such as a cold or headache without taking anything to give the credit to and grow your faith till you can believe God for the bigger. For without faith it is impossible to please God. We have no problem in believing a man's words without seeing the cancer or illness in our bodies, we just take his word that it is true.
That is how we are to treat God's Words as if they are True, even more sure than any thing we can see or man says.

Matt 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
KJV
James 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
KJV
John 5:14
14 Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.
KJV
Acts 20:7-12
7 And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.
8 And there were many lights in the upper chamber, where they were gathered together.
9 And there sat in a window a certain young man named Eutychus, being fallen into a deep sleep: and as Paul was long preaching, he sunk down with sleep, and fell down from the third loft, and was taken up dead.
10 And Paul went down, and fell on him, and embracing him said, Trouble not yourselves; for his life is in him.
11 When he therefore was come up again, and had broken bread, and eaten, and talked a long while, even till break of day, so he departed.
12 And they brought the young man alive, and were not a little comforted.
KJV
Mark 16:15-18
15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18.They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
KJV

That is another thing, our food source is corrupted and full of chemicals, medications with no minerals and other issues that can harm us. We must by faith pray over our families food showing faith that if we put anything deadly in our mouths(unknown) that it will be blessed of God and not harm us. For God knows all about the food issue... but He wants to see our faith.

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
If you believe the food source corrupted, dangerous and not providing the nutrition you need then you should grow your own from heirloom seeds. After all "I can not find anything in the NT that Jesus or the disciples ever sent someone to the" grocery store.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
THE Gypsy said:
If you believe the food source corrupted, dangerous and not providing the nutrition you need then you should grow your own from heirloom seeds. After all "I can not find anything in the NT that Jesus or the disciples ever sent someone to the" grocery store.
Touche!!
But in order to sharpen our sWords, you must fight with the Word which is our weapon of choice. Not that we are enemies, but practice makes perfect~

Jesus did say that we would never hunger or thirst... But that is because when we come to receive the Word, the Bread of life, our Father who has adopted us, supplies our needs for that is what He wants us to do, depend on Him for everything including our health. However God knew that we would not grow our own foods for there is nothing that is not in His control.
John 6:35
35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
KJV

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
afaithfulone4u said:
Touche!!
But in order to sharpen our sWords, you must fight with the Word which is our weapon of choice. Not that we are enemies, but practice makes perfect~

Jesus did say that we would never hunger or thirst... But that is because when we come to receive the Word, the Bread of life, our Father who has adopted us, supplies our needs for that is what He wants us to do, depend on Him for everything including our health. However God knew that we would not grow our own foods for there is nothing that is not in His control.
John 6:35
35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
KJV
Well then...I reckon you don't have to go to the grocery store after all!

The reason most don't grow their own food is because they're lazy and don't have enough faith in God to quit their jobs and faithfully do what is required to keep their bodies nutritionally fit. After all...Our bodies ARE the temple. Instead, they trudge to work every day so they have an income to pay their bills and BUY their food instead of having the faith to simply pray and trust God to provide for them. Tisk, tisk. What a shameful lack of faith.

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the gospels was written by a physician, i.e., Luke. The apostle Paul calls Luke "the beloved physician" and traditionally the physician is a noble profession. That is not to claim that all doctors are noble or all their practices are beneficial. We are to employ wisdom as well as faith regarding our health.

If one accidently cuts themselves. You don't stand there bleeding on the floor praying till the wound heals. Instead, you cleanse the wound, apply a little neosporin and and a bandage. That is not a lack of faith but natural common sense.

Jesus, Himself, (though He often healed solely by faith) endorsed the profession of the physician:

(Mat 9:12) But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.
This verse is repeated in (Luk 5:31) (Mar 2:17)

The Book of Sirach IMO defines it nicely:

Sirach 38:1 Honour a physician with the honour due unto him for the uses which ye may have of him: for the Lord hath created him.

Sirach 38:3 The skill of the physician shall lift up his head: and in the sight of great men he shall be in admiration.

sniper762

Sep 5, 2007
THE Gypsy said:
Well then...I reckon you don't have to go to the grocery store after all!

The reason most don't grow their own food is because they're lazy and don't have enough faith in God to quit their jobs and faithfully do what is required to keep their bodies nutritionally fit. After all...Our bodies ARE the temple. Instead, they trudge to work every day so they have an income to pay their bills and BUY their food instead of having the faith to simply pray and trust God to provide for them. Tisk, tisk. What a shameful lack of faith.
where you get money to pay your internet bill?............does god provide it?