do you feel you have the Holy Spirit?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh bless you, I never doubted for one minute that your heart isn't right with God.

The post was to illustrate that even if people want the Holy Spirit, he will not dwell in those who are not right with God. And the only way to be right with God is to be reconciled to him through Jesus.

Not everyone who believes in God has that Saving Faith.
I didn't think you were talking about me, bless you too!

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having the Holy Spirit in me is constant. Here's a little primer for having the Holy Spirit:

How many bibles do you own?
How much time do you spend praying?
Is God on your mind at the first waking moment and the last thing before bed?
What kind of music do you listen to?
How much do you like to talk about Jesus?
Do you go to Sunday school and Church or watch online?

>I own over 30 bibles
>All day I pray, about everything.
>I wake up and tell the Lord good morning and good night at bed time.
>Hymns and gospel music only
>I have Jesus tee shirts>, come talk to me, I'm advertising .
> I go to both and listen to preaching on the radio.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having the Holy Spirit in me is constant. Here's a little primer for having the Holy Spirit:

>I own over 30 bibles
This is more about boasting about yourself than it is about having the Holy Spirit.

a) The number of Bibles one owns is irrelevant.
b) I pray when I want to communicate with God.
c) God is on my mind a lot, but so are other things. I live in the real world.
d) I listen to all kinds of music.
e) I have no Jesus t-shirts.
f) I no longer attend church.

Your faith and your behavior determine your Christianity. Boasting about how "Christian" you are is irrelevant.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had thoughts about this. I feel I have the Holy Spirit as a Christian because as I go on living in life, I feel convictions and even a nudge if I was doing the wrong thing like God is telling me something and telling me it's wrong and not to do it anymore, but I also feel empty as in what to talk about in regards to God since I have been feeling unmotivated in reading the bible and doing things like that ever since I was on a psychiatric medication which I'm withdrawing from and don't think I need anymore as something else natural helped me. So I've been analyzing whether I have the Holy Spirit or not and whether I am one of the chosen. I think the answer sounds like I am one of the chosen if I have the Holy Spirit but that I'm currently not getting ahead from how much I know already, what do you think? And do you feel you have the Holy Spirit and why? interested in knowing about that too. Thanks
I suffered from severe depression and panic attacks for a few years. I turned to God, was already baptized and confirmed. And after being born again have the comforter. I no longer feel depression or panic attacks. I'm pretty sure God has blessed me as well as others.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Jim B,

1. Number of Bibles = This is a result of how much you love the Word of God. 2 Tim. 2:15 - Study to show thyself approved

2. Praying = 1 Thess. 5:17 - Pray without ceasing.

3. God is always on my mind = Galatians 2:20 -I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

4. Music = When you listen to a gospel singer or choir, are they boasting?
Colossians 3:15-17 - And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 17 And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

5. Talking about Jesus = 1 Peter 3:15 - But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear;

6. Go to church = Hebrews 10:25 - not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

Where is the irrelevance? Where is the boasting?

Reactions: GracefulWarrior

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

>I own over 30 bibles
...all about you and your achievements.
J.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Johann,
You said " .all about you and your achievements." I say, its all about God's word

1. Number of Bibles = This is a result of how much you love the Word of God. 2 Tim. 2:15 - Study to show thyself approved

3. God is always on my mind = Galatians 2:20 -I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Colossians 3:15-17 - And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 17 And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

5. Talking about Jesus = 1 Peter 3:15 - But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear;

6. Go to church = Hebrews 10:25 - not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Hello Johann,
You said " .all about you and your achievements." I say, its all about God's word

You are going to have to prove your confession, not in word only, but in deed.

Nothing that we despise in other men is inherently absent from ourselves. We must learn to regard people less in the light of what they do or don't do, and more in light of what they suffer.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Christianity preaches the infinite worth of that which is seemingly worthless and the infinite worthlessness of that which is seemingly so valued.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

J.

Reactions: Jim B

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had thoughts about this. I feel I have the Holy Spirit as a Christian because as I go on living in life, I feel convictions and even a nudge if I was doing the wrong thing like God is telling me something and telling me it's wrong and not to do it anymore, but I also feel empty as in what to talk about in regards to God since I have been feeling unmotivated in reading the bible and doing things like that ever since I was on a psychiatric medication which I'm withdrawing from and don't think I need anymore as something else natural helped me. So I've been analyzing whether I have the Holy Spirit or not and whether I am one of the chosen. I think the answer sounds like I am one of the chosen if I have the Holy Spirit but that I'm currently not getting ahead from how much I know already, what do you think? And do you feel you have the Holy Spirit and why? interested in knowing about that too. Thanks
I think the Holy Spirit tries to communicate with all of us. The problem is: How well do we listen?

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there,

I make a point of not looking 'inward', but 'upward', and believing what God has told us in His Word: for feelings are fickle, and in my flesh is no good thing.

I know the Lord is working in me both to will and to do of His good pleasure, for it is written in His Word. I also know that the work that He has begun in me He will continue to do until the day of Christ, for I am His workmanship.

There is much more that could be said,
But I will leave it there.
Within the love of Christ Jesus
Risen and glorified.
Chris

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
>I own over 30 bibles
And "I fast twice a week; I pay tithes of all that I get." (That's Luke 18:12; you can look it up in one of those 30 Bibles.

Okay, that was mean, and I may need to repent and apologize. Later. Right now, I invite you to prayerfully examine yourself in the light of that parable.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
And "I fast twice a week; I pay tithes of all that I get." (That's Luke 18:12; you can look it up in one of those 30 Bibles.

Okay, that was mean, and I may need to repent and apologize. Later. Right now, I invite you to prayerfully examine yourself in the light of that parable.
Luk 18:10 Two men went up into the temple [enclosure] to pray, the one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.
Luk 18:11 The Pharisee took his stand ostentatiously and began to pray thus before and with himself: God, I thank You that I am not like the rest of men--extortioners (robbers), swindlers [unrighteous in heart and life], adulterers--or even like this tax collector here.
Luk 18:12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I gain.
Luk 18:13 But the tax collector, [merely] standing at a distance, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but kept striking his breast, saying, O God, be favorable (be gracious, be merciful) to me, the especially wicked sinner that I am!
Luk 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his home justified (forgiven and made upright and in right standing with God), rather than the other man; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted.
AMPC

Luk 18:10 Shnei anashim (two men) went up to the Beis Hamikdash to daven, one was a Perush and the other, a moches (tax collector).
Luk 18:11 The Perush was standing by himself, shawkling (ritual swaying while davening), and his tefillah went like this: Adonoi, Modeh Ani that I am not like other men, swindlers, reshaim, menaafim, or even this moches.
Luk 18:12 I undergo a tzom (fast) twice during the week, I give the ma’aser (tithe) of everything as much as I get. [YESHAYAH 58:3, MALACHI 3:8]
Luk 18:13 But the moches (tax collector) stood at a distance and was not willing even to lift up his eynayim to Shomayim but was beating his chest, saying, Adonoi, rachem na al choteh kamoni! (L-rd, have mercy on a sinner like me!) [YESHAYAH 66:2; YIRMEYAH 31:19]
Luk 18:14 I say to you, this one, rather than the other one, went down to his bais having been made yitzdak im Hashem (justified with G-d). Because everyone lifting himself up will be brought low, but the one bringing himself low will be uplifted.
OJB
Simply love this translation...
J.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
John 14:16-17
And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I think the Holy Spirit tries to communicate with all of us. The problem is: How well do we listen?
You will hear a lot of diverse "testimonies" re the Holy Spirit brother. Remember, there are over 45,000 denominations globally, and something is wrong.

If you are interested, look this up....

Shalom
J.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have faith that it is given?

It’s not so much a “feeling”.

It’s having faith in a hope you can’t see but have results.

Has your walk of faith in the resurrection of Christ had an effect on your heart?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do you have faith that it is given?

It’s not so much a “feeling”.

It’s having faith in a hope you can’t see but have results.

Has your walk of faith in the resurrection of Christ had an effect on your heart?
But Jesus said: But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why but?

It’s faith that one even believes God exist.

A promise found in Roman’s 5:1-10 talks about the Holy Spirit being poured out into a believers heart.

It’s by faith people believe and have an experience with God through being born again.

I’m not so sure it’s a “feeling” - but people can be blessed by the spirit by asking God to help them by it, according to what Jesus said, if you being evil know how to give good gifts to your children; how much more the spirit to those who ask the Father?

Walking in faith, walking in the spirit.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
All genuine believers have received the Holy Spirit. (John 7:38-39; Acts 10:45; 11:17; Ephesians 1:13)
As always, you hit the nail on the head @mailmandan, simply love the "genuine believers"

Eph 1:13 In Him you also who have heard the Word of Truth, the glad tidings (Gospel) of your salvation, and have believed in and adhered to and relied on Him, were stamped with the seal of the long-promised Holy Spirit.
Eph 1:14 That [Spirit] is the guarantee of our inheritance [the firstfruits, the pledge and foretaste, the down payment on our heritage], in anticipation of its full redemption and our acquiring [complete] possession of it--to the praise of His glory.
AMPC

Est 8:8 Write also concerning the Jews as it pleases you in the king's name, and seal it with the king's [signet] ring--for writing which is in the king's name and sealed with the king's ring no man can reverse.
Eze 9:4 And the Lord said to him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men who sigh and groan over all the abominations that are committed in the midst of it.
Eze 9:5 And to the others He said in my hearing, Follow [the man with the ink bottle] through the city and smite; let not your eye spare, neither have any pity.
Eze 9:6 Slay outright the elderly, the young man and the virgin, the infant and the women; but do not touch or go near anyone on whom is the mark. Begin at My sanctuary. So they began with the old men who were in front of the temple [who did not have the Lord's mark on their foreheads]. [1Pe_4:17]

Eph 4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God [do not offend or vex or sadden Him], by Whom you were sealed (marked, branded as God's own, secured) for the day of redemption (of final deliverance through Christ from evil and the consequences of sin).

J.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You will hear a lot of diverse "testimonies" re the Holy Spirit brother. Remember, there are over 45,000 denominations globally, and something is wrong.

If you are interested, look this up....

Shalom
J.

Look up these verses in the scriptures, feelings are not to be trusted, and our testimonies is not preaching the scriptures and of Christ

Thompson Chain Reference
Holy Spirit
Resource Toolbox
Print Article
Additional Links
Concordances
Nave Topical Bible
Holy Spirit
Scofield Reference Index
Holy Spirit
Thompson Chain Reference
Holy Spirit, 6s, 7s, and 8's O
Holy Spirit
The Topic Concordance
Holy Spirit
Torrey Topical Textbook
Witness of the Holy Spirit
Titles and Names of the Holy Spirit
Sealing of the Holy Spirit
(only first 3 shown)
Dictionaries
Encyclopedias
Lexicons
(Select Readings,)
John 14:16-26
Acts 2:1-47
Romans 8:1-39
General Work
Zechariah 4:6
Matthew 12:28
John 15:26
John 16:8
Romans 8:11
Romans 8:26
2 Corinthians 3:6
1 Peter 3:18
2 Peter 1:21
Revelation 22:17
Dwelling in Believers
Ezekiel 36:27
John 14:17
Romans 8:9
1 Corinthians 3:16
1 Corinthians 6:19
2 Timothy 1:14
1 John 2:27
SEE Holy Spirit
SEE Spiritual; Fulness
SEE Indwelling Christ
Outpouring of, Promised
Isaiah 32:15
Isaiah 59:21
Ezekiel 39:29
Upon Young and Old
Joel 2:28
Zechariah 12:10
Christ the Giver of
Matthew 3:11
Bestowed in Answer to Prayer
Luke 11:13
Through Waiting upon God
Luke 24:49
John 7:39
John 14:16
John 16:7
Empowers for Service
Acts 1:8
Personal Cleansing Precedes
Acts 2:38
SEE Spiritual; Fulness
Examples of Men Receiving the Gift of, under the Old Dispensation
The Seventy Elders
Numbers 11:25
Balaam
Numbers 24:2
Othniel
Judges 3:10
Gideon
Judges 6:34
Samson
Judges 14:6
Judges 14:19
Saul
1 Samuel 10:10
1 Samuel 11:6
David
1 Samuel 16:13
Saul's Messengers
1 Samuel 19:20
2 Chronicles 15:1
Luke 2:25
SEE Spiritual; Power
Believers in the Early Church Baptized with
Simeon
Believers at Pentecost
Acts 2:3
The Samaritan Christians
Acts 8:17
Cornelius and his Company
Acts 10:44
The Ephesian Believers
Acts 19:6
Acts 19:7
1 Corinthians 12:13
1 John 2:20
SEE Spiritual; Power
Bearing Witness to the Spiritual Adoption of Believers
Romans 8:16
Galatians 4:6
1 John 3:24
1 John 4:13
1 John 5:6
SEE Spiritual; Adoption
SEE Assurance
As Teacher
Nehemiah 9:20
Luke 12:12
John 14:26
1 Corinthians 2:13
SEE Guidance, Divine
The Sin Against
Isaiah 63:10
Matthew 12:31
Mark 3:29
Acts 5:3
Acts 7:51
Ephesians 4:30
1 Thessalonians 5:19
Hebrews 10:29
1 John 5:16
SEE Despisers
SEE Stubbornness
Withdrawal of
Genesis 6:3
1 Samuel 16:14
Psalm 51:11
SEE Face
SEE Reprobation
SEE Wicked, The
Christ Baptized with
Isaiah 11:2
Isaiah 42:1
Isaiah 61:1
Matthew 3:16
John 1:32
Acts 10:38
The Leadership of
Guides into All Truth
John 16:13
Acts 8:39
Controls the Movements of Believers
Acts 10:19
Acts 10:20
Directs in the Selection of Christian Leaders
Acts 13:2
Chooses the Fields of Operation
Acts 16:6
Obedience to, a Mark of Sonship
Romans 8:14
Galatians 5:18
SEE Guidance, Divine
Giveth Life
John 6:63
Called "Spirit of Truth"
1 John 4:6
Called the Comforter, (Greek, Parakletos)
Abides forever
Brings to remembrance Christ's words
Testifies concerning Christ
Convicts the world of sin
Guides into all truth
Indwelling
(Dwelling in Believers)
Ezekiel 36:27
Romans 8:9
1 Corinthians 3:16
1 Corinthians 6:19
2 Timothy 1:14
SEE Holy Spirit
SEE Spiritual; Fulness
SEE Indwelling Christ
Promised
Outpouring of, Promised
Isaiah 32:15
Isaiah 59:21
Ezekiel 39:29
Upon Young and Old
Joel 2:28
Christ the Giver of
Matthew 3:11
Bestowed in Answer to Prayer
Luke 11:13
Through Waiting upon God
Luke 24:49
John 7:39
Empowers for Service
Personal Cleansing Precedes
Acts 2:38
SEE Spiritual; Fulness
Old Testament Reference to
(Examples of Men Receiving the Gift of, under the Old Dispensation.)
The Seventy Elders
Numbers 11:25
Balaam
Numbers 24:2
Othniel
Judges 3:10
Gideon
Judges 6:34
Samson
Judges 14:6
Judges 14:19
Saul
1 Samuel 10:10
1 Samuel 11:6
David
1 Samuel 16:13
Saul's Messengers
1 Samuel 19:20
2 Chronicles 15:1
SEE Spiritual; Power
Baptism of
(Believers in the Early Church Baptized with)
Simeon
Believers at Pentecost
Acts 2:3
The Samaritan Christians
Acts 8:17
Cornelius and his Company
Acts 10:44
The Ephesian Believers
Acts 19:6
Acts 19:7
1 Corinthians 12:13
1 John 2:20
SEE Spiritual; Power
Men Filled with
Luke 1:15
Luke 4:1
Acts 2:4
Acts 4:8
Acts 4:31
Acts 7:55
Acts 11:24
Acts 13:9
Acts 13:52
Witness of
(Bears Witness to the Spiritual Adoption of Believers)
SEE Spiritual; Adoption
SEE Assurance
Withdrawal of
SEE Face
SEE Reprobation
SEE Wicked, The
Christ Baptised with
Guides
Guides into All Truth
Acts 8:39
Controls the Movements of Believers
Acts 10:19
Acts 10:20
Directs in the Selection of Christian Leaders
Acts 13:2
Chooses the Fields of Operation
Acts 16:6
Obedience to, a Mark of Sonship
Romans 8:14
Galatians 5:18
SEE Guidance, Divine
Quickens
(Giveth Life)
John 6:63
Spirit of Truth
The Comforter
(Greek, Parakletos)
Abides forever
Brings to remembrance Christ's words
Testifies concerning Christ
Convicts the world of sin
Guides into all truth
Filling Saints
Luke 1:15
Luke 4:1
Acts 2:4
Acts 4:8
Acts 4:31
Acts 7:55
Acts 11:24
Acts 13:9
Acts 13:52
Fruits of
(General References to)
Produced in All Periods of Life
Psalm 92:13
Psalm 92:14
Perennial
Ezekiel 47:12
Grown only upon Good Ground
Matthew 13:8
Many Varieties of
Galatians 5:22
Galatians 5:23
Without Defect
Ephesians 5:9
Philippians 1:11
The Product of Heavenly Wisdom
James 3:17
SEE Fruit, Spiritual
SEE Tree of Life
Grieved
(Withdrawal of)
SEE Face
SEE Reprobation
SEE Wicked, The
Inspiring Prophets
(Inspiration of Prophets and Teachers)
2 Kings 3:11
2 Kings 3:12
2 Kings 17:13
Nehemiah 9:30
Job 32:8
Hebrews 1:1
1 Peter 1:11
2 Peter 1:20
2 Peter 3:2
SEE Spirit
SEE Revelations, Devine
Inspiring The Word
Jeremiah 36:2
Ezekiel 1:3
Acts 1:16
Acts 28:25
2 Timothy 3:16
Revelation 1:1
Revelation 14:3
SEE Inspiration
Power of
(general references to)
Gives Men Courage to Rebuke Sin
Micah 3:8
Mightier than Physical Forces
Zechariah 4:6
Jesus the Supreme Example of
Luke 4:14
Accompanies the Baptism of the Holy Spirit
Acts 2:2
Enables Men to Speak with Authority
Acts 4:33
Acts 6:8
Fills Life with Healing Influences
Acts 19:11
Acts 19:12
1 Corinthians 2:4
Ephesians 3:16
1 Thessalonians 1:5
2 Timothy 1:7
SEE Holy Spirit
Regenerating
(the teaching concerning)
Birth of a New Spirit
Ezekiel 36:26
Of Divine Origin
John 1:13
Essential to Spiritual Vision
John 3:3
2 Corinthians 3:3
A New Creation
2 Corinthians 5:17
Necessary to Salvation
Titus 3:5
James 1:18
1 Peter 1:3
By the Word of God
1 Peter 1:23
1 John 2:29
1 John 3:9
1 John 4:7
Obtained by Faith
1 John 5:1
SEE Spiritual
SEE Spiritual; Resurrection
SEE Spiritual
SEE Spiritual
SEE Cleansing
Sanctifying
(How Secured)
John 17:17
Romans 15:16
1 Corinthians 1:30
Ephesians 5:26
2 Timothy 2:21
Hebrews 10:10
Hebrews 13:12
1 Peter 1:2
SEE Blood
Spirit of Truth
Titles of
Comforter
SEE Comforter, The
Eternal Spirit
Hebrews 9:14
Free Spirit
Psalm 51:12
Holy Spirit
Ephesians 1:13
Ephesians 4:30
Power of the Highest
Luke 1:35
Spirit of Adoption
Romans 8:15
Spirit of Christ
1 Peter 1:11
Spirit of Counsel
Spirit of Glory
1 Peter 4:14
Spirit of God
Genesis 1:2
Spirit of Grace
Spirit of Holiness
Romans 1:4
Spirit of Judgment
Isaiah 4:4
Spirit of Knowledge
Spirit of Life
Romans 8:2
Spirit of Lord God
Spirit of Might
Spirit of Prophecy
Revelation 19:10
Spirit of the Father
Matthew 10:20
Spirit of the Lord
Spirit of the Son
Spirit of Understanding
Spirit of Wisdom
Upon Christ
Witness of
(Bearing Witness to the Spiritual Adoption of Believers)
SEE Spiritual; Adoption
SEE Assurance