Do you really think you live up to the righteousness of Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So God has to use Hell to scare us straight?

Insight

Aug 7, 2011

Well, death is the number one phobia in the world. Heb 2:15 supports this truth also...but no place of burning imaginary souls.

This teaching is for mystics and soothsayers.

Insight

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A

If that was really true then it is not working......the vast majority of humanity have not repented. And I wonder how many people have repented because they fear Hell? But I have come across some who rejected God because of that teaching. I repented because I heard for the first time the good news of the kingdom of God. I heard stories about Hell for most of my life but it did not make me want to repent.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
What that verse means Jiggy is that if you live up to Pegg, Prentis, Episkipos, and Ducky's standard of righteousness... then Jesus takes away your sins... because Jesus only paid the price for sins that you don't have... you see what that really means is Jesus paid the price for our sins if we don't have any...

You know... it's like me telling you I'm paying for your dinner... but I'm only willing to pay for you if you don't owe anything... so when we go out to dinner... you don't order any food and I'll pay for it... makes perfect sense... haha

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pegg, Ducky, either of you care to address John 1:29 properly without making a straw man? That is of course if your capable.

I am always intrigued by your ideas concerning universalism, Jiggy. I do believe that Jesus took away the sins of the world - however the damage has already been done. For example - we still have to die. I also have to leave room for those people who, even if they have been justified, as you are suggesting - refuse to be sanctified. There hearts and minds are ravaged by the wages of sin. Sort of like receiving the antiserum for a snakebite, but still die from the injuries.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Thee damage was done... and by His wounds we're now healed...

1 Peter 2:24
who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed.

And does everyone have to die? or should I say will everyone die?

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.
And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”

1 Corinthians 15:51
Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
I am always intrigued by your ideas concerning universalism, Jiggy. I do believe that Jesus took away the sins of the world - however the damage has already been done. For example - we still have to die. I also have to leave room for those people who, even if they have been justified, as you are suggesting - refuse to be sanctified. There hearts and minds are ravaged by the wages of sin. Sort of like receiving the antiserum for a snakebite, but still die from the injuries.
Yes we have to die, the flesh will physically die because God has not redeemed the flesh, and self must also die and those who resist God on this during this age will have to endure a time of fire and brimstone until they are purged and purified.

There are 600 plus scriptures that confirm the complete restoration, redemption and reconciliation of all things. If it doesn't happen then God would be failure.

I have sworn by my own name; I have spoken the truth, and I will never go back on my word: Every knee will bend to me, and every tongue will confess allegiance to me." Isaiah 45:23

The LORD says, "Then I will heal you of your faithlessness; my love will know no bounds, for my anger will be gone forever. Hosea 14:4

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
Pegg, Ducky, either of you care to address John 1:29 properly without making a straw man? That is of course if your capable.

The next day he beheld Jesus coming toward him, and he said: “See, the Lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world
As prophesied by Isaiah, the Messiah would become the means for having a righteous standing before God....
Isaiah 53:11 Because of the trouble of his soul he will see, he will be satisfied. By means of his knowledge the righteous one, my servant, will bring a righteous standing to many people;..."

Paul explains what this means:
Romans 5:18 So, then, as through one trespass the result to men of all sorts was condemnation, likewise also through one act of justification the result to men of all sorts is a declaring of them righteous for life.

Isaiah cont"...and their errors he himself will bear"
Peter explains what this part means:
1Peter 2:24 He himself bore our sins in his own body upon the stake, in order that we might be done with sins and live to righteousness. And “by his stripes YOU were healed.

Through Jesus, God will wipe the slate clean for those who put faith in Jesus blood. He will not remember any of our sins that we have committed if we are repentant. But it doesnt mean we can keep living....it means we should live by Gods righteousness of our own accord. If we do that, then God will apply the value of his sons blood to us and through that blood, we can have a righteous standing before God.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes we have to die, the flesh will physically die because God has not redeemed the flesh, and self must also die and those who resist God on this during this age will have to endure a time of fire and brimstone until they are purged and purified.

There are 600 plus scriptures that confirm the complete restoration, redemption and reconciliation of all things. If it doesn't happen then God would be failure.

I have sworn by my own name; I have spoken the truth, and I will never go back on my word: Every knee will bend to me, and every tongue will confess allegiance to me." Isaiah 45:23

The LORD says, "Then I will heal you of your faithlessness; my love will know no bounds, for my anger will be gone forever. Hosea 14:4

Right, I forgot that you do leave room for a limited Hell. Hmm....interesting!

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
The next day he beheld Jesus coming toward him, and he said: “See, the Lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world
As prophesied by Isaiah, the Messiah would become the means for having a righteous standing before God....
Isaiah 53:11 Because of the trouble of his soul he will see, he will be satisfied. By means of his knowledge the righteous one, my servant, will bring a righteous standing to many people;..."

Romans 5:18 So, then, as through one trespass the result to men of all sorts was condemnation, likewise also through one act of justification the result to men of all sorts is a declaring of them righteous for life.

1Peter 2:24 He himself bore our sins in his own body upon the stake, in order that we might be done with sins and live to righteousness. And “by his stripes YOU were healed.

Through Jesus, God will wipe the slate clean for those who put faith in Jesus blood. He will not remember any of our sins that we have committed if we are repentant. *But it doesnt mean we can keep living....it means we should live by Gods righteousness of our own accord. If we do that, then God will apply the value of his sons blood to us and through that blood, we can have a righteous standing before God.

*correction: It doesnt mean we can keep 'sinning'

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
What that verse means Jiggy is that if you live up to Pegg, Prentis, Episkipos, and Ducky's standard of righteousness... then Jesus takes away your sins... because Jesus only paid the price for sins that you don't have... you see what that really means is Jesus paid the price for our sins if we don't have any...

You know... it's like me telling you I'm paying for your dinner... but I'm only willing to pay for you if you don't owe anything... so when we go out to dinner... you don't order any food and I'll pay for it... makes perfect sense... haha

No robbie, that is not what we are saying.

We all have sin and every day we ask for forgiveness of our sins. But we dont deliberately commit wrongdoing and say to ourselves...'oh well, i can do this because im righteous in Christs blood'

Christs blood covers our repentance. God overlooks our sins because of Christs blood AND our repentance. If we are not repentant over our sins, then we will have no forgiveness and Christs blood is not applied to us. What does Jude 4 tell us not to do?
4 My reason is that certain men have slipped in who have long ago been appointed by the Scriptures to this judgment, ungodly men, turning the undeserved kindness of our God into an excuse for loose conduct and proving false to our only Owner and Lord, Jesus Christ
To benefit from the value of Christs blood and have our sins forgiven, we must repent and change our way of life to live in accord with righteousness. We know what Gods standards are, we must strive to live by them.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina

Through Jesus, God will wipe the slate clean for those who put faith in Jesus blood. He will not remember any of our sins that we have committed if we are repentant. But it doesnt mean we can keep living....it means we should live by Gods righteousness of our own accord. If we do that, then God will apply the value of his sons blood to us and through that blood, we can have a righteous standing before God.

.it means we should live by Gods righteousness of our own accord. If we do that, then God will apply the value of his sons blood to us and through that blood, we can have a righteous standing before God.

Pegg I don't recall any of this mentioned in the scriptures you quoted. Do you have any scriptural support or is this something you have added?

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
The gospel according to Pegg... haha
Reminds me of something from Manfred Haller's book "Christ All and In All"

"The one accepting Christ will see what state he is in; he will regret his sins and turn from them. He will receive forgiveness and be freed from things which enslaved him; the Son makes him free. Repentance, forgiveness, and freedom are consequences of submitting to Christ , the Lord. We should be careful not to turn the consequences into conditions for receiving Him."

Another excerpt.
"The gospel of grace is the end of religion, the final posting of the CLOSED sign on the sweatshop of the human race's perpetual struggle to think well of itself. For that, at bottom, is what religion is: man's well-meant but dim-witted attempt to approve of his unapprovable condition by doing odd jobs he thinks some important Something will thank him for.
"Religion, therefore, is a loser, a strictly fallen activity. It has a failed past and a bankrupt future. There was no religion in Eden and there won't be any in heaven; and in the meantime Jesus has died and risen to persuade us to knock it all off right now."