Do you really think you live up to the righteousness of Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
As soon as we acknowledge that Christ had to die for sins Ducky we are no longer defending sin... we're actually recognizing in that moment that sin brings for death... and that's why Christ had to die in our place.

As soon as we accept that we needed Christ to die for our sins and that we had to be covered by His blood in order to stand righteous before God... that's when we are no longer are defending our sin... that's when we're acknowledging our sin... and recognizing what it took for us to be washed clean of them.

You on the other hand. You don't recognize your sin. You condemn's the sins of others and defend the sins of yourself. And when you reject that your sins being washed away by the blood of Christ is the only way to righteousness. That's you actually defending sin.

So actually your pride has blinded you to the truth.

We who preach Christ and Him crucified... the washing of sins in His blood... we're actually the ones who are preaching against sin... because we're recognizing the death sin caused between man and God... and we're recognizing the price Jesus Christ had to pay in order to wash away those sins so we could once again stand in the presence of our Father.

You on the other hand preach condemnation towards the sins of others... and then excuse your own sin... even rejecting that Christ alone is the propitiation for your sins... and in so doing... you're the one who's actually preaching that sin is OK... that is... as long as it's yours.

So you're a hypocrite... who denies the Lord... condemns the sins of others... and excuses the sins of yourself... rejecting the righteousness that's in Christ alone... and standing in your own self righteousness which is really just filthy stinky rags.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
You on the other hand. You don't recognize your sin.
What sin are you referring to?
You condemn's the sins of others and defend the sins of yourself. And when you reject that your sins being washed away by the blood of Christ is the only way to righteousness. That's you actually defending sin.
Again, what sins of mine are you referring to?
How about YOUR pride?
We who preach Christ and Him crucified... the washing of sins in His blood... we're actually the ones who are preaching against sin... because we're recognizing the death sin caused between man and God... and we're recognizing the price Jesus Christ had to pay in order to wash away those sins so we could once again stand in the presence of our Father.
I don't recall you preaching against sin. Refresh my memory.
You on the other hand preach condemnation towards the sins of others... and then excuse your own sin... even rejecting that Christ alone is the propitiation for your sins... and in so doing... you're the one who's actually preaching that sin is OK... that is... as long as it's yours.
Quotes please.
So you're a hypocrite... who denies the Lord... condemns the sins of others... and excuses the sins of yourself... rejecting the righteousness that's in Christ alone... and standing in your own self righteousness which is really just filthy stinky rags.
Since you have provided zero proof of these accusations that would point at YOU as being the hypocrite and liar.

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
Why are you sorry Aspen? Remember the time you got wasted and said weird stuff to me on my facebook? I had no judgment against you because I thought you knew you were saved by grace... and I had grace for you blowing it.

Are you seriously not able to see how far you are from the righteousness of Christ?

And how being clothed in His righteousness is the only righteousness that can save you?

:lol: lol aspen wasted ? That must have been hilarious, Aspen you little alcoholic you.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you sorry Aspen? Remember the time you got wasted and said weird stuff to me on my facebook? I had no judgment against you because I thought you knew you were saved by grace... and I had grace for you blowing it.

Are you seriously not able to see how far you are from the righteousness of Christ?

And how being clothed in His righteousness is the only righteousness that can save you?

Wow....this is one of the most cruel things anyone has ever done to me online - I guess I've gotten off easy..........in any case, it sure does hurt. I will try to move past the shame and continue to love

Is this why you were happy to know my real name, robbie?

BTW, my wife just left me two weeks ago, due in part to this problem - would you like to add that information to your rant?

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
Oh Mercy....Does not matter if a person receives Christ in his last breathe...Jesus died for all sins...He did not miss one....and darlings with that last breathe a person takes if he ask Jesus for forgiveness..Jesus will open His arms and welcome them home...and they are just as much a christian as the rest of us...

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Oh Mercy....Does not matter if a person receives Christ in his last breathe...Jesus died for all sins...He did not miss one....and darlings with that last breathe a person takes if he ask Jesus for forgiveness..Jesus will open His arms and welcome them home...and they are just as much a christian as the rest of us...
Nope.

Luke 16:22-26 (NKJV)
The rich man also died and was buried. 23 And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24 Then he cried and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.' 25 But Abraham said, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented. 26 And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.'

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011

Following Christs example of righteousness is what saves you. Those who don't follow Christ are believing a different gospel that what Christ taught. Christ died for His friends and you are His friend if you do what ever He commanded.

John 15
13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.
14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.

Luke 6
46 "But why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do the things which I say?
47 Whoever comes to Me, and hears My sayings and does them, I will show you whom he is like:
48 He is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid the foundation on the rock. And when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently against that house, and could not shake it, for it was founded on the rock.
49 But he who heard and did nothing is like a man who built a house on the earth without a foundation, against which the stream beat vehemently; and immediately it fell. <a name="c"> And the ruin of that house was great."

So you see belief without doing is not belief.

Reactions: Prentis

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Wow....this is one of the most cruel things anyone has ever done to me online - I guess I've gotten off easy..........in any case, it sure does hurt. I will try to move past the shame and continue to love

Is this why you were happy to know my real name, robbie?

BTW, my wife just left me two weeks ago, due in part to this problem - would you like to add that information to your rant?

Aspen dude... I didn't know you were hiding the truth about yourself from everyone... doesn't it feel good to have it all in the open now? Now you're free from the fear of the light... it's all gonna be out in the open one day anyways... was the truth as bad as you thought? I sure don't judge you... I've gotten wasted plenty of times and acted in ways I wish I wouldn't have. I don't care who knows it... and F any self righteous christians that want to condemn me for it.... if you're afraid to live in the truth about your struggles because you're afraid of being judged stop hanging out with people who are judgmental... if you have a problem with alcohol and you can't talk about it among christians stop hanging out with christians and go to AA where people have grace because they know they're guilty of the same things as you... otherwise you'll never have victory. We'll never have victory as long as we live in darkness about our sins... and we'll never feel safe to live in the light about our sins when we're trying to impress and live up to the standards of self righteous hypocrites.

So feel free to be honest... so what if you're an alcoholic... I'm just as much of a sinner as you... trust me... my mom's a recovered alcoholic and a heroin addict and she's the best person I know... and Jesus covers her sins... you're a great person to... whether you struggle or not.

I'm really sorry to hear about your wife... I'm glad this has given you the ability to live in the light about what's going on... I pray the Lord fills her with grace towards you... and reestablishes your relationship with each other... may the Lord solidify your relationship for always...

And dude... seriously... I have almost 2000 friends on facebook... if I got wasted and said weird stuff to someone.... and they posted it on my facebook page I wouldn't give a ish... because I'm not perfect and everyone knows it... if you seriously feel like you have to live a lie to the point where me mentioning something on a christian message board freaks you out that much... you need to get away from the people that are putting so much pressure on you... to where you feel like you have to live a lie...

Trying to hide everything to make things right... how was that working for you? Doesn't sound like it went very well... maybe this is your opportunity to get free... to live in the light... so He can forgive you and cleanse you... I sure as heck forgive you.. there's nothing you're guilty of that I'm not... so F it... live in the truth about where you're at... we both have cake on our face... thanks to Jesus who washes us clean.

I love you brother... but quit living a lie so you can play christian... and if christianity makes you feel judged to the point where you have to live a lie... get away from it... just know you can always live in the light of what a sinner you are with Jesus... and those who realize they to are just like you... like me.

Just so you know aspen... I could give a fark what anyone here thinks about me... it's the Lord who justifies... and I suggest you try and get to a place where you feel the same...

Theodore A. Jones

Aug 15, 2011
Everyone who is washed in the blood of Jesus... YES!!! without a doubt...
"It is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous." Rom. 2:13

Yes... His blood can save everyone... if they are willing to receive the free gift... that's the thing about a gift... you can choose to reject it... or you can choose to receive it...

Are you really wanting to understand this Ducky?

or are you just wanting to find something that you can accuse me about?
"It is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous." Rom. 2:13
As soon as we acknowledge that Christ had to die for sins Ducky we are no longer defending sin... we're actually recognizing in that moment that sin brings for death... and that's why Christ had to die in our place.

As soon as we accept that we needed Christ to die for our sins and that we had to be covered by His blood in order to stand righteous before God... that's when we are no longer are defending our sin... that's when we're acknowledging our sin... and recognizing what it took for us to be washed clean of them.

You on the other hand. You don't recognize your sin. You condemn's the sins of others and defend the sins of yourself. And when you reject that your sins being washed away by the blood of Christ is the only way to righteousness. That's you actually defending sin.

It was what you asked but I'll say it again...

I believe everyone who is washed in His blood will be saved... and I believe everyone who rejects His Son won't.

So apart from Jesus... if you reject His grace and mercy that's available in His Son... no... you wont be saved.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, that's only a partial glimpse or statement to what Jesus did for us:

Matthew 5:17 HCSB
"Don't assume that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill."

The passage in Romans 2:13 you are giving is important, but just like it's not a totally symbolic statement for those who are saved to be saved with regards to whatever they do (and therefore able to sin ad nauseum), it's also not a statement that you can determine someone's righteousness by merely looking at what they do or don't do. Jesus, by fulfilling the law, essentially became the law in at least some respects. Instead of being a faith concerned with following the rules for the sake of being in - we are in with a faith in Jesus. I'd be very careful about completely judging that faith in anyone. Yes we are to know fruit, but the Bible also says (in the passage in Matthew 7:1-3) be careful how you judge because that same judgment will come right back on you with respect to your sins.

If you'll notice the New Testament examples, when someone was in error within the church, it was a unified response. The congregations would never work if every single individual went around picking out the sins of others. We've seen that lead to the failure of the modern church.

Galations 3:22-26 HCSB
But the Scripture has imprisoned everything under sin's power, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. Before this faith came, we were confined under the law, imprisoned until the coming faith was revealed. The law, then, was our guardian until Christ, so that we could be justified by faith. But since that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian, for you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

In effect, most of you are simply arguing about two sides of the same tree. On the north side there might be a little moss which makes it look different, but the end result is Jesus and I really encourage you guys to find the common ground in the Bible.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we all sin, but we dont have to commit sins that are expressly forbidden in the NT.

Well, that's a good point, but what sins are expressly forbidden when the NT says "All things are lawful unto me", and "Where sin abounded, grace did much more abound"? I understand I'm giving partial quotes to verses, but I've discussed them in the past in full context. In short, we are told that we shouldn't sin, but grace does cover all sins of the flesh, no matter how self destructive they are to our mortal lives.

The mosaic laws were pushes aside, so eating certain foods and all those regulations do not pertain to us. But laws against murder and fornication and eating blood were all known well before the mosaic law was put down in writing. For example, Joseph knew that it would be a sin against God to commit fornication with Potiphers wife. How did he know that? Because there are universal laws that have been in mankinds conscience since our creation....murder is another universal law that does not need to be down in writing for us to know it is a terrible sin.

Well, perhaps she was ugly! Of course, I'm joking. Joseph was an honorable man, true. But what of his brothers, the other 11 patriarchs? Levi, whom the priests of God would come; Judah, who was the lion tribe that is in the bloodline of Christ?
They knew it was wrong do to what they did, yet they did it. So you can point to the righteousness of Joseph, but what about his brothers?

So if we think we can comitt acts that God condemns because Christ died and therefore i can do what I like.... that is dangerous and irresponsible. God will not stand for it, he has expressly forbidden certain acts as mentioned in the NT and he will not tolerate certain behavior.

And ask yourself....would Jesus do this or that... if you know in your heart that he would never involve himself in an act of fornication or of homosexuality or any other sinful act, then nor should we.

James said if you are guilty of one point of the law you are guilty of the whole law. Paul said the same thing in some ways and do did Jesus. Jesus even said if you so much as think about it, you are guilty. Let's take that last point.

If I see a pretty girl and admire her, and Jesus said I've already committed adultery, have I sinned? Of course I have. I am happily married, but yea... It happens all the time. I see a pretty girl and I say to myself, "wow, she's pretty!" I won't go into more detail than that, but you should by now get my point. That's in the NT, should I stop admiring pretty girls? I've tried to stop! However, I'm honest to you and to myself in saying it's a futile battle. I don't dwell on it; but the thought enters my head even if only for a few seconds.

Now what about lusting after shoes, cars, vacations, property, etc? "Lust" is usually connected to sex, but it's not limited to that.

I'm pretty strong willed in a lot of areas.... I suppose you are too. I'm pretty weak in very few areas (not bragging) and I suspect because you are a human, so are you. So what of this grace? Which sins does it cover? My answer with scripture (which I will give you if you want) is it covers all sins of the flesh, but not sins of the spirit. Things of the flesh are covered, but don't mess with false worship, lies about God, and such.

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
Well, that's a good point, but what sins are expressly forbidden when the NT says "All things are lawful unto me", and "Where sin abounded, grace did much more abound"? I understand I'm giving partial quotes to verses, but I've discussed them in the past in full context. In short, we are told that we shouldn't sin, but grace does cover all sins of the flesh, no matter how self destructive they are to our mortal lives.

When Paul said 'all things are lawful' he wasnt talking about immorality or murder or the like. Most of the NT is referring to mosaic laws and its regulations because the new congregations were still a little confused as to whether obedience to the mosaic law was a requirement or not. The holy spirit eventually revealed that the mosaic law was not a means of gaining Gods approval...only faith and obedience to Christ could gain a persons Gods approval.

Paul went onto say 'let no man judge you in eating or drinking or in observance of a sabbath or a festival' Basically those were regulations of the mosaic law which Paul was saying were no longer necessary to observe and therefore no one should be judging another who does or does not observe them. But some mosaic laws were carried over as binding on all christians and Paul never said they were ok.

Well, perhaps she was ugly! Of course, I'm joking. Joseph was an honorable man, true. But what of his brothers, the other 11 patriarchs? Levi, whom the priests of God would come; Judah, who was the lion tribe that is in the bloodline of Christ?
They knew it was wrong do to what they did, yet they did it. So you can point to the righteousness of Joseph, but what about his brothers?

his brothers did repent over their wrongdoing. Years later they showed a completely different attitude and you may remember in the account that the oldest was willing to sacrifice himself to save his younger brother Benjamin from being imprisoned in egypt. That was the point that Joseph knew they had changed and he forgave them.

the story of Joseph really teaches a valuable lesson....that God forgives the repentant ones. If we are truly sorry, then God freely forgives us.

James said if you are guilty of one point of the law you are guilty of the whole law. Paul said the same thing in some ways and do did Jesus. Jesus even said if you so much as think about it, you are guilty. Let's take that last point.

If I see a pretty girl and admire her, and Jesus said I've already committed adultery, have I sinned? Of course I have. I am happily married, but yea... It happens all the time. I see a pretty girl and I say to myself, "wow, she's pretty!" I won't go into more detail than that, but you should by now get my point. That's in the NT, should I stop admiring pretty girls? I've tried to stop! However, I'm honest to you and to myself in saying it's a futile battle. I don't dwell on it; but the thought enters my head even if only for a few seconds.

Now what about lusting after shoes, cars, vacations, property, etc? "Lust" is usually connected to sex, but it's not limited to that.

I'm pretty strong willed in a lot of areas.... I suppose you are too. I'm pretty weak in very few areas (not bragging) and I suspect because you are a human, so are you. So what of this grace? Which sins does it cover? My answer with scripture (which I will give you if you want) is it covers all sins of the flesh, but not sins of the spirit. Things of the flesh are covered, but don't mess with false worship, lies about God, and such.

of course we sin in our hearts because our heart is treacherous and tries to push us down sins path.... but it is up to us to fight it. If we are ignoring the temptations of our heart, even though they are there, then God is extremely pleased with us. But if we allow those temptations to always get us to commit wrongdoing, then we are failing ourselves and God. We must always strive to fight the imperfection within us. If we dont fight it, then there is no forgiveness for us because we are allowing sin to rule us.

But if we are fighting it, then God forgives us even though those thoughts may still be in our mind. We cant just give in to sin and then ask for forgiveness.... but in saying that, there may be times when we do give in and God will forgive us ON THE CONDITION that we are repentant over the sin we committed.

Theodore A. Jones

Aug 15, 2011
Again, that's only a partial glimpse or statement to what Jesus did for us:

Matthew 5:17 HCSB
"Don't assume that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill."

The passage in Romans 2:13 you are giving is important, but just like it's not a totally symbolic statement for those who are saved to be saved with regards to whatever they do (and therefore able to sin ad nauseum), it's also not a statement that you can determine someone's righteousness by merely looking at what they do or don't do. Jesus, by fulfilling the law, essentially became the law in at least some respects. Instead of being a faith concerned with following the rules for the sake of being in - we are in with a faith in Jesus. I'd be very careful about completely judging that faith in anyone. Yes we are to know fruit, but the Bible also says (in the passage in Matthew 7:1-3) be careful how you judge because that same judgment will come right back on you with respect to your sins.

If you'll notice the New Testament examples, when someone was in error within the church, it was a unified response. The congregations would never work if every single individual went around picking out the sins of others. We've seen that lead to the failure of the modern church.

Galations 3:22-26 HCSB
But the Scripture has imprisoned everything under sin's power, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. Before this faith came, we were confined under the law, imprisoned until the coming faith was revealed. The law, then, was our guardian until Christ, so that we could be justified by faith. But since that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian, for you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

In effect, most of you are simply arguing about two sides of the same tree. On the north side there might be a little moss which makes it look different, but the end result is Jesus and I really encourage you guys to find the common ground in the Bible.

A law has been added to the law, an ACT of righteousness, by Jesus' crucifixion. The law Paul referrs to in Rom. 2:13 is this added law. Therefore a person's salvation from the law's penalty is hearing the Way this new law must be obeyed and having the FAITH to use it by obedience or perish. This is the small narrow gate into God's kingdom. I fully asssure you that I am NOT defending the tree those birds are in.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
I would direct you to 1Cor 6:9 What! Do YOU not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men, 10 nor thieves, nor greedy persons, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit God’s kingdom. 11 And yet that is what some of YOU were. But YOU have been washed clean, but YOU have been sanctified, but YOU have been declared righteous in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God

Yes Jesus blood was enough for them to be forgiven for their sins, but they had to repent and turn away from such bad practices. those christians who previously practiced such things did not do so after they became christians.
Thats not how the John 1:29 scripture reads, wanna try again?

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
Wow, is that what you got from rereading the scripture?

i got that from you and robbie because you seem to reject the idea that repentance and turning away from sin is how we gain forgiveness

i got that from you and robbie because you seem to reject the idea that repentance and turning away from sin is how we gain forgiveness

and that scripture in John does not mean that sin is literally gone now that Christ has sacrificed himself...there is plenty of sin and people committing sinful acts. So sin is still with us therefore it cannot mean that sin is gone.