Do you really think you live up to the righteousness of Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
haha... no smoke screen... and definitely not telling anyone to go out and have a sin festival because Jesus died for them...

So let me get this straight... other people's sin is them living in it... and there's a huge difference between that and your sin... which is you committing it...

I could imagine you standing there with the women caught in adultery and as everyone walks away because they know they're not without sin.. a rock flies out and smacks the girl in the head and Jesus is like, "What are you doing" to which you reply, "They're living in their sin... I'm just committing it... so it's cool for me to throw rocks" bahahahhahah
The worst part Robbie is that you are lying to yourself.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
No I'm not... I know what a blow it I am... I know that I'm just as guilty as every other sinner (homosexuals included)... and I know it's only by the blood of Jesus that any of us our saved... including you...

You thinking you're in some way better than others is the lie...

You're actually probably one of the greatest examples of a self righteous religious hypocrite that I've ever encountered...

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good[sup][e][/sup] Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?”
[sup]17[/sup] So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good?[sup][f][/sup] No one is good but One, that is, God.[sup][g][/sup] But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”
[sup]18[/sup] He said to Him, “Which ones?”
Jesus said, “ ‘You shall not murder,’ ‘You shall not commit adultery,’ ‘You shall not steal,’ ‘You shall not bear false witness,’ [sup]19[/sup] ‘Honor your father and your mother,’[sup][h][/sup] and, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’”[sup][i][/sup]
[sup]20[/sup] The young man said to Him, “All these things I have kept from my youth.[sup][j][/sup] What do I still lack?”
[sup]21[/sup] Jesus said to him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”
No one believes it anymore when the Lord says it.

If a man follows the commandments, wishes to do good, and doesnt justify himself by it, he will indeed see life.

If a man wishes to be like Jesus, he must follow him, both to death, and to new life.

Somehow we think God destroyed the law of righteousness, that man has to do good. Man is weak, but he can choose to do good. He wont be perfect, because he is weak and flawed, but if he remains in love, humble, and just, that man will be saved. (Or else the parable of the Good samaritan is an enemy to the Gospel!)

Christ did not come to destroy it, but to fulfill it. He has made a way, that the fulness of God may dwell in us by the new creation so that we might walk in the same life and power as Christ, being slaves to righteousness, the righteousness of God. Following Christ is not a way to take away the necessity of the law, but to fulfill perfectly. Man walks according to the Spirit, and against him there is no law (think of David eating the bread). But it doesn't nullify or destroy the rigtheousness of men.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
No I'm not... I know what a blow it I am... I know that I'm just as guilty as every other sinner (homosexuals included)... and I know it's only by the blood of Jesus that any of us our saved... including you...

You thinking you're in some way better than others is the lie...

You're actually probably one of the greatest examples of a self righteous religious hypocrite that I've ever encountered...
You are like a spoiled little child who needs a good spanking. Grow up.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Are you sure you wouldn't rather stone me instead Ducky? haha

Prentis... that story isn't about Christ putting the burden of living up to perfection on humanity... in order for us to be saved...

That story is about a man that came to Jesus wanting to earn salvation based on his own actions...

Jesus telling him to keep the commandments which should have been enough to show the guy he couldn't do it since no one is righteous...

Then after the guy claimed to keep the commandments Jesus telling the guy he still lacked perfection and telling him what perfection took and the guy realizing he couldn't live up to... he walked away ashamed because he knew he couldn't live up to it...

Then the disciples think that if perfection is what it takes... salvation must be impossible... but Jesus tells them... not with God... that with God all things are possible.

The way He made it possible was through the blood of His Son... apart from the blood of Christ it takes perfection... while perfection isn't possible with man... it is possible with God... and He made is possible by the blood of His Son... not by human effort.

Pride can't accept this... because it can't confess it's sin... it always wants to justify itself...

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Right. And it's not true when it says in the Bible that Noah was righteous.

The Bible talks both about the righteousness of men and the righteousness of God. Compared to the righteousness of God, ours is as filthy rags, yes, and none is righteous as God is.

Now Christ has made a way that we might be righteous like he is. Men must still be righteous in the human sense, that they must be fair, love their neighbour, be humble, etc. But that does not amount to the righteousness of God. God gives life were there is none.

And so we, as Jesus said, can become (by HIS power) rivers of living water. We can have HIS living water flowing through us.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
What a surprise Ducky... now you're the one responsible for pouring out God's judgment on me? haha... it's crazy that you read the bible and you can't even see who's pattern in it you're following...

First you condemn others sins... and justify you're own... and now you're the one trying to pour out God judgments on others when you yourself aren't without sin...

Know this... with what you condemn others will return to you and condemn you... you're condemnation has no power over me because Christ is my salvation...

And I have no condemnation for you... just hope that you take a long look in the mirror and figure it out...

Prentis... there is none righteous... no not one... outside of Jesus on the cross and His blood... Noah's righteousness he has before God is the same righteousness we all have... everyone who's saved is saved by the same cross... is saved by the same blood...

And Prentis... it doesn't say when you act good enough you become the living water... it says when you believe in Him living water flows out of your heart... that living water is the testimony to Jesus Christ... not the testimony to what a good person you are... haha

That's why what's coming out of your heart is telling people Christ isn't good enough for their salvation and that they can't have assurance in the cross or His blood... because you're not believing in Him... you're believing in yourself... so what's flowing out of your heart is what leads to death... it's the way that seems right to you...

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
What a surprise Ducky... now you're the one responsible for pouring out God's judgment on me? haha... it's crazy that you read the bible and you can't even see who's pattern in it you're following...

First you condemn others sins... and justify you're own... and now you're the one trying to pour out God judgments on others when you yourself aren't without sin...

Know this... with what you condemn others will return to you and condemn you... you're condemnation has no power over me because Christ is my salvation...

And I have no condemnation for you... just hope that you take a long look in the mirror and figure it out...

Prentis... there is none righteous... no not one... outside of Jesus on the cross and His blood... Noah's righteousness he has before God is the same righteousness we all have... everyone who's saved is saved by the same cross... is saved by the same blood...

And Prentis... it doesn't say when you act good enough you become the living water... it says when you believe in Him living water flows out of your heart... that living water is the testimony to Jesus Christ... not the testimony to what a good person you are... haha

That's why what's coming out of your heart is telling people Christ isn't good enough for their salvation and that they can't have assurance in the cross or His blood... because you're not believing in Him... you're believing in yourself... so what's flowing out of your heart is what leads to death... it's the way that seems right to you...

That is according to your understanding. It would be easy for someone to say the opposite.

You say Christ can save us from the condemnation of sin. I say he can save us from the condemnation and the power of sin.

Which one brings him more glory, if indeed he were to perform it? :)

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010

1 Corinthians 5:4-5 (NKJV)
4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when you are gathered together, along with my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5 deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Yes Prentis... He can do anything...

But as far as salvation... the way He chose to do it... us having to be completely dependent upon Him for salvation is perfect...

Because it keeps us in a place of humility where we can't see ourselves as better than anyone else...

And it keeps us out of a place of pride where we start to think of ourselves more highly than we ought to...

Even though all things are possible with God the way that seems right to man isn't the way that seems right to God...

I mean think about how He could have had Christ come onto the scene being who He is... imagine how man would have had the King arrive... but God has Christ arrive in a manger... God's perfect in understanding... He's not interest in showing off His power... He's interested in saving humanity...

Ducky dude... you don't even know me or anything about me and you're ready to deliver me to satan because I'm confessing that Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation... you're seriously such a creepy weirdo... thank God all of your curses are powerless against me thanks to Jesus Christ...

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Yes. He is interested in saving humanity, so he uses small things, and yet those small things he makes perfect (Christ).

And by the same humilty, walking in the knowledge of the greatness of the calling to which we have been summoned, we strive to enter in obedience, not having certainty, for we might fail, but having hope in the one who strengthens us.

To walk by the Spirit is to be completely submitted and wholly dependant upon him, because we can do nothing of our own, and do not choose what we do, but are slaves of righteousness. And we do not fulfill the lusts of the flesh! :)

What a great salvation God has laid before us... Let us strive to enter! :D

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
Robbie can i ask you what you think a 'doer' of the word needs to 'do' in order to be a doer and not a hearer only? Im not asking this to try and trick you either. Im sure you dont believe that a christian can do whatever they like and still be saved... so can you explain what a 'doer' of the word means?

James 1:22 However, become doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves with false reasoning. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word, and not a doer, this one is like a man looking at his natural face in a mirror. 24 For he looks at himself, and off he goes and immediately forgets what sort of man he is. 25 But he who peers into the perfect law that belongs to freedom and who persists in [it], this [man], because he has become, not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, will be happy in his doing [it].

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Ducky dude... you don't even know me or anything about me and you're ready to deliver me to satan because I'm confessing that Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation... you're seriously such a creepy weirdo... thank God all of your curses are powerless against me thanks to Jesus Christ...
Those living in sin are not protected.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
I believe I'm being a doer of the Word... I haven't looked in the mirror and immediately forgotten what I looked like... I remember the wretched sinner that I am so I believe in the One He sent who is the propitiation for my sins... and I confess Him before men... and I believe what He said... that if I confess my sins He's faithful and just to forgive me and cleanse me of all unrighteousness.

Once again it's all about Him...

The work of God is to believe in the One HE sent... as I continue to place my faith 100% on Him I am working...

I am doing what the Word told me to do... I'm confessing Him... not myself...

The Word of God is Jesus Christ...

Ducky... you're a creepy judgmental hypocrite... if I looked at you to see Jesus... I'd be completely offended by Him...

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
There is no sacrifice for willful sin.

Hebrews 10:26-27 (NKJV)
26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
What about looking in the mirror like this:
But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.

And what about looking in the mirror and remembering also the new creation we are in Christ? If we remember that, and walk according to that rule, we can be conformed to Christ. And we must be faithful in that, and if our faithfulness fail, we must be humble, repent, and walk in it again, until we learn.

The truth is two fold; we know what we were and know that we need still to be changed from this, and thus stay humble and fear God, but we also know the new creation we are in Christ, and have faith and move forward, overcoming by his name.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Oh really? So Peter willfully denied Christ after He received the revelation that He was Christ... is Peter condemned.

And what is it Ducky... everyone else is committing sins willfully... but yours are all accidents?

You don't even know what that scripture means...

What that's saying Ducky is what you and Prentis are in danger of doing... once Christ has paid the price for your sins once and for all and you go out and try to make yourself perfect again outside of Christ by keeping the Law... when you find yourself to be a sinner again... there's no longer another sacrifice for your sins because Christ died once and for all... after you've received the truth of Him and then deny it again by trying to justify yourself by the law... that is when you set yourself up to be found guilty of sin again without their being another sacrifice for you.... since Christ died once and for all...

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Ducky... you're a creepy judgmental hypocrite... if I looked at you to see Jesus... I'd be completely offended by Him...
Proverbs 29:1 (NKJV)
1 He who is often rebuked, and hardens his neck, Will suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy.

Oh really? So Peter willfully denied Christ after He received the revelation that He was Christ... is Peter condemned.

And what is it Ducky... everyone else is committing sins willfully... but yours are all accidents?

You don't even know what that scripture means...

What that's saying Ducky is what you and Prentis are in danger of doing... once Christ has paid the price for your sins once and for all and you go out and try to make yourself perfect again outside of Christ by keeping the Law... when you find yourself to be a sinner again... there's no longer another sacrifice for your sins because Christ died once and for all... after you've received the truth of Him and then deny it again by trying to justify yourself by the law... that is when you set yourself up to be found guilty of sin again without their being another sacrifice for you.... since Christ died once and for all...
It means what it says.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
This is what it says before that Ducky... when you try and once again be justified by the law after Christ already died for your sins once and for all... and you are found guilty of sin because you're trying to be justified by the law... then there no longer remains a sacrifice for your sins... because you've already rejected the offering that was a one time for all deal...

But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God, from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool. For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.
But the Holy Spirit also witnesses to us; for after He had said before, “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the LORD: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,” then He adds, Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more. [sup]18[/sup] Now where there is remission of these, there is no longer an offering for sin.