Do you really think you live up to the righteousness of Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Show me one place I defended living in sin... haha... you're the worst kind of hypocrite... and you defend that... so yes... you defend living in sin... with what you judge others... you condemn yourself... because you're just as guilty...

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Show me one place I defended living in sin... haha... you're the worst kind of hypocrite... and you defend that... so yes... you defend living in sin... with what you judge others... you condemn yourself... because you're just as guilty...
You constantly defend living in sin by attacking those preaching against sin.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
It's like every time it's proven that you have no clue as to what you're even talking about you just turn to, "You're living in sin and you're going to hell"

From now on when you write that I'll just read it as it is, "I'm to prideful to admit I'm wrong so I'll just bare accusations that are based on assumptions since I don't know anything about you so I don't have to face the truth of myself"

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
The danger, I would say, lies in one considering himself above the possibility of being cut-off as we are so often warned about, and saying he needs not consider the severity of God, but only the goodness. To consider oneself above the cutting off that God warns us of is dangerous; it is to judge oneself justified before God has done so.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
It's like every time it's proven that you have no clue as to what you're even talking about you just turn to, "You're living in sin and you're going to hell"
I plead guilty of teaching that quote for everyone living in sin.
From now on when you write that I'll just read it as it is, "I'm to prideful to admit I'm wrong so I'll just bare accusations that are based on assumptions since I don't know anything about you so I don't have to face the truth of myself"
As long as you continue to attack those who preach against living in sin you are guilty. You're pretty good at name calling though. I'll give you that much.

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
Oh really? So Peter willfully denied Christ after He received the revelation that He was Christ... is Peter condemned.

And what is it Ducky... everyone else is committing sins willfully... but yours are all accidents?

You don't even know what that scripture means...

What that's saying Ducky is what you and Prentis are in danger of doing... once Christ has paid the price for your sins once and for all and you go out and try to make yourself perfect again outside of Christ by keeping the Law... when you find yourself to be a sinner again... there's no longer another sacrifice for your sins because Christ died once and for all... after you've received the truth of Him and then deny it again by trying to justify yourself by the law... that is when you set yourself up to be found guilty of sin again without their being another sacrifice for you.... since Christ died once and for all...

you seem to be acquainting christian righteousness with works of mosaic law. I dont believe anyone here is trying to say mosaic laws are Gods requirement for Christians.

the mosaic law is what gave the Jews a righteous standing before God. Christians dont need mosaic law, they need faith in Christ....that is how christians can be viewed as righteous before God.

But you cant simply ignore what being righteous entails. It requires that a christian act in accord with righteousness. I cannot come before God and proclaim my righteousness because Christ died for me. That is a high assumption to make. Christ died for all mankind, but the benefits of his sacrifice are not for the wicked at heart. His sacrifice is for the righteous one. There is a huge difference.

Reactions: Prentis

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
WOW!!! I'm actually really glad we're all taking the time to talk about this stuff... that's really heavy... such a bummer = (

to me, your argument sounds like this:

I'll get my salvation regardless of my actions because Christ died for me and all my sins...salvation is mine. Its in the bad.

Thats what it sounds like to me.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
2 Corinthians 7:1 (NKJV)
1 Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
All disciples are against sin, so all disciples are in favour of purity. Here is the issue with this thread ladies and gentleman.

A true disciple of Jesus, who is humble, knows it’s easier to denounce sin than to renounce it! Speaking about purity in principle is easier than perfecting purity in everyday practice. We all suffer from sexual impurity, slothfulness, gluttony and greed and every person in this forum is tainted by sin.

We ought to speak of the divine influence which alone brings purity...anything esle is human strength and repugnant in their nostrils

Insight

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
you seem to be acquainting christian righteousness with works of mosaic law. I dont believe anyone here is trying to say mosaic laws are Gods requirement for Christians.

the mosaic law is what gave the Jews a righteous standing before God. Christians dont need mosaic law, they need faith in Christ....that is how christians can be viewed as righteous before God.

But you cant simply ignore what being righteous entails. It requires that a christian act in accord with righteousness. I cannot come before God and proclaim my righteousness because Christ died for me. That is a high assumption to make. Christ died for all mankind, but the benefits of his sacrifice are not for the wicked at heart. His sacrifice is for the righteous one. There is a huge difference.

Well said, brother! :)

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Once again it's all about your glory... Jesus is just a bystander...

And really Prentis?

This is well said?

"I cannot come before God and proclaim my righteousness because Christ died for me. "

You're totally and completely false... because Christ is not your foundation...

So no matter how much right you build on your foundation of self... because it's not built on Christ none of it will stand...

not only will everything be burned... even yourself won't be saved...

And whoever you're getting all this false doctrine from... who's teaching you to deny Christ... and count His sacrifice a common thing... and to take His glory for yourself... is guilty of an even greater judgment... I really hope it's not your Dad or something...

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin is the less loving choice. Practice loving, and sin will lessen in your life. Most people continue to live with some sin in their life even after meeting Christ and submitting to Him. We need continual forgiveness and prayer and submission to Christ to continue picking up our Cross and following Him. A person is not measured by the sin in his life - He is measured by the forgiveness Christ gives to Him and through him.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
haha... some sin? people that think they only have some sin must not know Jesus... because in the light of Jesus we see clearly how far from sinless we truly are... in our own righteousness...

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Your gospel of sin just doesn't fly Robbie.

Romans 6:19 (NKJV)
19 For just as you presented your members as slaves of uncleanness, and of lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
haha... some sin? people that think they only have some sin must not know Jesus... because in the light of Jesus we see clearly how far from sinless we truly are... in our own righteousness...

I sorry to hear this.