Do you speak against "Sinlessness"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

On the question of sinlessness?

• Do you believe you are still a sinner?

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Did Jesus make you sinless?

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Is 1 John 1:9 to be used multiple times?

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Is it necessary to receive the Holy Spirit to be saved?

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Old Testament is still our schoolmaster and there are laws in it that we still cannot break. What we are not under is the covenant, the Ten Commandments, nor all the ceremonial laws and feasts that Jesus fulfilled, but we still cannot marry our sister or brother, etc. And remarriage is another one that Jesus also. preached on. I obey them. My ex husband from 22 years ago is still the last man I kissed. He divorced me without cause, so I'm still married to him. I refuse to sin.
I don't see any of that in the book of Galatians.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see any of that in the book of Galatians.
That's strange that you can't see in Galatians that we are not under the old covenant nor the ceremonial laws, and that the old covenant is the Ten Commandments engraved on stone, but are under the Spirit of those laws, not the letter. Especially chapters 4 and 5. Also Romans 3:31. What specifically were you looking for in Galatians that you could not find.

Last edited:

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's strange that you can't see in Galatians that we are not under the old covenant nor the ceremonial laws, and that the old covenant is the Ten Commandments engraved on stone, but are under the Spirit of those laws, not the letter. Especially chapters 4 and 5. Also Romans 3:31. What specifically were you looking for in Galatians that you could not find.
I'm referring to the laws that you mention we should still follow.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm referring to the laws that you mention we should still follow.
I didn't say they were repeated in Galatians. Galatians tells what of the Old Testament NOT to obey, and it was never everything. I know people that have never even read the Old Testament as if it was worthless for Christians.

Last edited:

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say they were repeated in Galatians. Galatians tells what of the Old Testament NOT to obey, and it was never everything. I know people that have never even read the Old Testament as if it was worthless for Christians.
My understanding is that none of the Law is to be bothered with and that it says that in Galatians.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My understanding is that none of the Law is to be bothered with and that it says that in Galatians.

Paul is speaking of the Law, meaning the Ten Commandments, just like he did in Romans 7. Also the ceremonial laws fulfilled in Christ in Colossians 2. You don't think God means for us to marry our close relatives now do you if those laws of God don't matter anymore?

Last edited: