Do you want to know who the devil is? He is.....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
Since you undoubtedly lied in the past I hope you include yourself in your expose of devilish tendencies ...

notforgotten

Dec 2, 2012
Tustin, California USA
I've lost touch with reality (was deceived) and nearly died at the hands of these devils - both human and demon alike. I was possessed twice by a demon trying to sit on god's throne, speaking through me, moving my lips, masquerading as god like a babbling fool. His glory (deceit) was short lived. I've witnessed that the humans lose their memories, family and friends. They appear to thirst for all that only a most loving creator can give them. The humans are shackled to the "evil one" for all of eternity - unless you offer up rewards to Jesus for the forgiveness of their sins. They are masters at the art of deception. Their worm (evil) shall not die. They would have been better off had they not been born nor created. They accuse us before God. I've discovered that it is the human and angelic condition that we are evil and wicked without God! God bless! :)

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
BiggAndyy said:
Since you undoubtedly lied in the past I hope you include yourself in your expose of devilish tendencies ...
When did you see me lie? I understand that while we are not under the old covenant law to keep all 613 laws that were added for transgressing the 10, we are held accountable to the Spirit of God who would never guide me to lie and I do not have a divided spirit. I know, that God sees my every move.

A lie is to purposefully tell a lie to keep from being found out... no, I do not do such things since being baptised in the Spirit of God. My old man is DEAD as I have killed my flesh man and I allow the Spirit to wash me with the Word so that I am not decieved by false traditions of JUST AS I AM and then stay that way.
And I would advise any who claim to have Christ in them to cease from lying as well, for Christ is not the author of confushion and would never allow his body to do such.

Rev 21:8
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
KJV
Rev 22:14-15
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
KJV

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
BiggAndyy said:
If we draw breath we lie. Its our nature that's left over from our old selves.
I begged to differ with you, you may fall for that lie, but I do not. If you don't know that you are about to tell a lie and withhold your tongue, then something is wrong. Grace is not a LICENSE to sin.
Rom 3:25
25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
KJV

And we are in a process of cleansing. Christ paid for our debt of past sins so that we could be reconciled to God and receive of His Spirit to learn how to do what is right in God's sight. Not so that you can live a life of sin with no consequences for your actions. If we do stumble, we can repent and be forgiven, but just how long do you think you can use that on God before he puts His foot down as to you being unfaithful to Christ to escape being found out?
God is about TRUTH, not cover ups. NO, you have that way out of proportion! That is the GREAT deception.
1 Peter 3:10
10 For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:
KJV
Rev 14:3-5
3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.
KJV

I am showing you what GOD says, not what I say! How can we say we love God when we pick and chose what part of His Word we will accept? God and HIS WORD ARE ONE!

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
afaithfulone4u said:
I begged to differ with you, you may fall for that lie, but I do not. If you don't know that you are about to tell a lie and withhold your tongue, then something is wrong. Grace is not a LICENSE to sin.
25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
KJV

And we are in a process of cleansing. Christ paid for our debt of past sins so that we could be reconciled to God and receive of His Spirit to learn how to do what is right in God's sight.
I don't believe your interpreting Romans 3:25 correctly.

The verse is speaking of those that lived and died before Christ came, not to or about how we "the living"-> past sins have been forgiven.

It is true that grace is not a license to continue in sin, but miss quoting scripture to support that statement only adds to the confusion of a very confused world.
Romans 6:1 is what you needed.

The error in the scripture you just made would tend to make some believe that Christ only died for our sins of the past and offers no protection for sins that will be committed in our future. I would suggest you reference other translations as well as read commentaries on verses or theology your not sure about, apparently the Spirit did not prompt you to look a little closer, so I'll remind you now.
Properly dividing the word of God gives Glory to the Lord, as well as preventing your own nose from being rubbed in your own mess.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Rex said:
I don't believe your interpreting Romans 3:25 correctly.

The verse is speaking of those that lived and died before Christ came, not to or about how we "the living"-> past sins have been forgiven.

It is true that grace is not a license to continue in sin, but miss quoting scripture to support that statement only adds to the confusion of a very confused world.
Romans 6:1 is what you needed.

The error in the scripture you just made would tend to make some believe that Christ only died for our sins of the past and offers no protection for sins that will be committed in our future. I would suggest you reference other translations as well as read commentaries on verses or theology your not sure about, apparently the Spirit did not prompt you to look a little closer, so I'll remind you now.
Properly dividing the word of God gives Glory to the Lord, as well as preventing your own nose from being rubbed in your own mess.
What does the scripture say? Are you rejecting the Words of the Bible? It says for the remission of sins THAT ARE PAST, as in meaning no matter what you were, once you REPENT and want to make a change in your life by receiving Christ, your past sins will be ERASED giving us a clean slate so that NO man can boast of why God received him. One may be a murderer with his hands and another may have been a murderer with his tongue, but they are equal for they have both sinned due to bondage to the devil to fall for temptation to sin. For we have ALL become as filthy rags in need of a GOOD WASHING with the water of the Living Word.

And I have copied what I said, it appears that you left out the part in purples when you copied and pasted that answers your question.

KJV

"And we are in a process of cleansing. Christ paid for our debt of past sins so that we could be reconciled to God and receive of His Spirit to learn how to do what is right in God's sight. Not so that you can live a life of sin with no consequences for your actions. If we do stumble, we can repent and be forgiven, but just how long do you think you can use that on God before he puts His foot down as to you being unfaithful to Christ to escape being found out?
God is about TRUTH, not cover ups. "

If we stumble and sin falling short, we can repent as I said, but if we just keep doing it deliberately just thinking we can just keep asking for forgiveness God will see this for we can not fool Him. We may be saved, but we will NOT inherit the kingdom of God nor have any rewards and our life now and in the new earth to come will be according to how we sowed in this life.
1 Cor 3:11-17
11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.{THE FOUNDATION OF THE TEMPLE IS BUILT UPON(NOT PETER) BUT THE WORD OF GOD AS HE REVEALS IT TO THOSE WHO ARE IN CHRIST}
12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
KJV

1 John 3:7-10
7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
KJV

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
I'll admit I didn't read you long post so I'll simply put your theology to the test of the scripture.
Your quote "Christ paid for our debt of past sins"

but He, having offered one sacrifice for sins for all time, SAT DOWN AT THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD, waiting from that time onward UNTIL HIS ENEMIES BE MADE A FOOTSTOOL FOR HIS FEET. For by one offering He has perfected for all time those who are sanctified. Hebrews 10:12-14

[SIZE=small]In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace. Ephesians 1:7[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]But
if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have
fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us
from all sin.
1 John 1:7[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high. Hebrews 1:3b[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]But now once at the consummation of the ages He has been manifested to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself. Hebrews 9:26b[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]‘THIS
IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THEM AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE
LORD: I WILL PUT MY LAWS UPON THEIR HEART, AND ON THEIR MIND I WILL
WRITE THEM’, He then says, ‘AND THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS I
WILL REMEMBER NO MORE.’
Hebrews 10:16-17
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]Which is Jeremiah 31[/SIZE]

Let me include a bit of Isaha as well
[SIZE=small]I, even I, am the one who wipes out your transgressions for My own sake, And I will not remember your sins. Isaiah 43:25[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us. Psalm 103:12[/SIZE]

I might add as well that Jesus died for Moses, Jacob and Abrahan as well. And that is the point in Romans 3:25 NOT that Jesus only cleans us of our past sins.
That is what the forbearance of God is and means, He forbore the transgressions of men of the past until Jesus paid the price for all, past present and future.

Again, the writer of Hebrews promised He has perfected for all time those who are sanctified. Hebrews 10:14

Col 2
13 And
you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your
flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all
trespasses,

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The devil isn't just a liar; He's the father of lies.
BiggAndyy said:
If we draw breath we lie. Its our nature that's left over from our old selves.
The old man passed away. I'm a new creation. I still deal with the temptations of my flesh, but my flesh does not define who I am anymore.

Eph 2:1 And you were dead in your trespasses and sins,
Eph 2:2 in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience.
Eph 2:3 Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest.
Eph 2:4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,
Eph 2:5 even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),
Eph 2:6 and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,

stefen

Mar 3, 2013
Chennai, India
Yeah, that is a liar and father of all negative things.

But I don't care about it. That is just useless and none to us, when Amazing God is with us.
So, absolutely no use of discussing about that for long.

If something negative is happening..! Its just because of it only.

Thanks

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
Satan is the Accuser. It is what his name literally means.

One can gain more insight in using that as the basis rather then him being the father of lies. Him fathering lies is after the fact of his nature.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Just as Christ has many names which describe Who He is and what His character is like, Satan has been given many names to describe his character. Each name gives a fuller meaning of who Satan is. There are more names (at least 40) in the Bible for Satan than any one else except Jesus Christ. Liar, deceiver, evil one, accuser, The very first example of lying is found in Genesis 3:1-5.

Gen 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

Gen 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

Jesus is identifying the one who is the source of lies and the Scriptures contrasting the source of lies with the source of truth. God cannot lie, that would be contrary to His character of Truth.

Numb. 23:19 - "God is not a man, that he should lie"
Heb. 6:18 - "it is impossible for God to lie"

Titus 1:2 - "God, who cannot lie"

Jn. 8:32,36 - "the truth shall set you free...the Son..."
Jn. 14:6 - "I am the way, the truth, and the life"
I Jn. 2:27 - "is true, and is not lie"

And Jesus brings to light the One who hides in the darkness, consistent with his behavior and character. Lying, falsehood, error and deception is the character of the Deceiver, Satan.
Jn. 8:44 - "devil, no truth in him...he is a liar, and the father of lies"

I Jn. 4:6 - "the spirit of error"

Rev. 12:9 - "devil and Satan...who deceives the whole world"
Rev. 20:10 - "the devil who deceived them"

Axehead