Doctrines of Demons???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen! Yes these are the instructions for us as the church today. Though one can tithe if they want to, I know some members of my church find it a good way to give.
Giving is good. Don't give too much, but as much as you want. Wherever you want, I think. I think it should be kept quiet. If one can't afford to give, it's enough to be poor. I don't think poor people should be looked down on or ignored, unless you're a user.
He who gives to the poor, gives to the Lord. I live on a disability pension, but I'm not poor. I pay my rent, I buy my food, I have few expenses and I seldom go out. I have my music and anointing, along with my internet family and the assurance of eternity with all of you guys with our God. As far as I'm concerned, I'm loaded! Hallelujah!
I would like to lead worship once in awhile. I mean, apart from the squirrels and the chipmunks. Lol

Reactions: Cassandra

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If I were to pinpoint "one" specific doctrine which would negate Christianity as a whole, It would be - Jesus came to earth in the flesh. His purpose was to die on the cross for the sins of many. He died and rose again. His blood cleanses from sin, for those who believe in him by faith.

They are now saved by grace through that faith. Then God sends his Holy Spirit to dwell in those believers as a seal of their redemption, a guarantee of our inheritance. A doctrine of demons would battle fiercely against this truth. JM2c

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay....well a tithe by definition is a tenth...so if it is anything but that it isn't a tithe..
But here is Paul speaking to the Corinthians about giving...
2 Corinthians 9 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁵ Therefore I thought it necessary to exhort the brethren, that they would go before unto you, and make up beforehand your bounty, whereof ye had notice before, that the same might be ready, as a matter of bounty, and not as of covetousness.
⁶ But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.
⁷ Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
⁸ And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:
⁹ (As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to the poor: his righteousness remaineth for ever.
¹⁰ Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness;)
¹¹ Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God.
¹² For the administration of this service not only supplieth the want of the saints, but is abundant also by many thanksgivings unto God;

Yes, giving is now out of love, not the letter of the law. But try to tell that to pastors!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
6) Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

This isn't about still sinning, but maturing in the Spirit. 2 Peter 1:5-7 are the steps. Note, all about the fruit, nothing about overcoming sin.

17) For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18) But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

The sister verse to this is Romans 7:25. Mind and spirit are the same thing, and our own spirit, not the Holy Spirit. We need the Holy Spirit to not fulfill the lusts of the flesh because we will no longer BE in the flesh Romans 8:9

marks you are misinterpreting Scripture.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 6:12 KJV
12) Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

Romans 6:16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness?

Romans 8:10 KJV
10) And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

The body is not where sin originates. It is the nature. The "carnal nature" is called 'of the flesh.' When we have become indwelt by God, we become partakers of the divine nature of God who does not sin.

Romans 6:6 KJV
6) Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

It is still not talking about our body of muscles and bone. It is representative of our dying on the cross with Christ.

Romans 7:18 KJV
18) For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

We are not in the flesh/the old man, but in the Spirit. Romans 8:9

Romans 7:21-24 KJV
21) I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
22) For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
23) But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24) O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

We are not in the flesh/the old man, but in the Spirit. Romans 8:9 (Wow, that was an easy cut and paste)

What is this "body of sin"? The "body of this death"?
The old man. I've been born again, and my old man is dead.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are certainly a work.in progress . Philippians 1:6.

Just don't be fooled into thinking that verse is about sin. Jesus already took away our sin when He cleansed us from ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS when He justified us and sanctified us. Now He is glorifying our soul and spirit to be like Him. Romans 8:29-30. For me, I went to church for 30 years before that happened to me. So even though I loved Jesus, I wasn't born again. We MUST be born again which is filled with the Spirit of God. The difference the Spirit made for the last 44 years has been amazing.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm well aware of Deuteronomy 14, but that was Old Covenant.
What were you driving at when you said this? ↓↓↓
But one thing we may not have thought of is the Old Testament doctrine of tithes.
I'm not aware of a New Testament tithe, just the Old, so I figure if we're going to think about the Old Testament tithe we should start with deciding which year of the tithe we're in so we can know whether we are to eat our own tithe or store it up in Kenneth Copeland's church for him...oh, and for distribution to the poor, of course.

Reactions: Truman

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just don't be fooled into thinking that verse is about sin. Jesus already took away our sin when He cleansed us from ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS when He justified us and sanctified us. Now He is glorifying our soul and spirit to be like Him. Romans 8:29-30. For me, I went to church for 30 years before that happened to me. So even though I loved Jesus, I wasn't born again. We MUST be born again which is filled with the Spirit of God. The difference the Spirit made for the last 44 years has been amazing.

You said:
"Now He is glorifying our soul and spirit to be like Him."

Rather, He is sanctifying our soul and spirit to be like Him. And that means Christians still sin.

Reactions: GodsBeloved11

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Note, all about the fruit, nothing about overcoming sin.
That's what self-control is about. And faithfulness. And Love. The full fruit of the Spirit are the antithesis of sin. Or rather, sin is the antithesis of them, and if you walk in the spirit you do not sin.

If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. You can live in the Spirit, but not be walking in the Spirit, and if that's the case, it means you are walking according to your flesh.

And that's where sin lives.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The body is not where sin originates. It is the nature.
I'll simply refer you back to the verses I've already quoted concerning sin and the body, and sin and the flesh. This nature you speak of isn't in the Bible. There is the old man, the man born from Adam, and the new man, the man born from God. There is the flesh, and all that is according to the flesh, and there is the spirit, and what is according to the spirit.

The flesh is corrupt, and the spirit being reborn is in God's pattern, righteous and holy.

There are no passages of Scripture that teach some sort of power of sin apart from our flesh. Sarx. The body. The man born from Adam, corrupted by sin.

Not all our flesh desires are wrong. We desire food and love and all sorts of things. But we sin when we yield to those desires that are wrong.

James 1:14 KJV
But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

Much love!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's what self-control is about. And faithfulness. And Love. The full fruit of the Spirit are the antithesis of sin. Or rather, sin is the antithesis of them, and if you walk in the spirit you do not sin.

If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. You can live in the Spirit, but not be walking in the Spirit, and if that's the case, it means you are walking according to your flesh.

And that's where sin lives.

Much love!
Exactly. That is what Jesus does for us - gives us His powerful, sinless, Spirit of Christ. Romans 8:9

If you are living in the Spirit, you are NOT walking according to your flesh. Do not quench the Spirit.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll simply refer you back to the verses I've already quoted concerning sin and the body, and sin and the flesh. This nature you speak of isn't in the Bible. There is the old man, the man born from Adam, and the new man, the man born from God. There is the flesh, and all that is according to the flesh, and there is the spirit, and what is according to the spirit.

The flesh is corrupt, and the spirit being reborn is in God's pattern, righteous and holy.

There are no passages of Scripture that teach some sort of power of sin apart from our flesh. Sarx. The body. The man born from Adam, corrupted by sin.

Not all our flesh desires are wrong. We desire food and love and all sorts of things. But we sin when we yield to those desires that are wrong.

James 1:14 KJV
But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

Much love!

And as I said, you are misinterpreting those verses. The born again are NOT drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.