Doctrines of Demons???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James 1:13-15 KJV
13) Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
14) But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
15) Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

For some the desire is too much ice cream, and for some the desire is power over others. Some want reputation and honor. Some want, well, people want all sorts of things.

Trust and Love are so much more than Law, and cover so much more than codified rules. I urge anyone who is of the mind that they always act in trust and love, maybe a reality check, ask someone who knows you, who sees you, for an honest answer.

We can say, I don't Murder, I don't Steal, I don't Lie, and so on, I'm OK, right? Do we lie by misrepresenting others for effect? Do we steal the glory of another? There are many many ways our flesh seeks to deceive us, the deceptive lusts, deceptive making us think we want it. Deceptive making us think we can't stop it.

Much love!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And your point being . . . Go ahead and say it, everyone knows what you mean anyway.

Much love!

What do I mean? Or what does the Bible say? That's what this post is about. I have to ask myself, just like you have to ask yourself, if what we believe is what Jesus taught, or our own human reasoning.

spiritual is supernatural.

1 Corinthians 2:9-16
9 But as it is written:

“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”

10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. 11 For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.

13 These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. 16 For “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James 1:13-15 KJV
13) Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
14) But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
15) Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

For some the desire is too much ice cream, and for some the desire is power over others. Some want reputation and honor. Some want, well, people want all sorts of things.

Trust and Love are so much more than Law, and cover so much more than codified rules. I urge anyone who is of the mind that they always act in trust and love, maybe a reality check, ask someone who knows you, who sees you, for an honest answer.

We can say, I don't Murder, I don't Steal, I don't Lie, and so on, I'm OK, right? Do we lie by misrepresenting others for effect? Do we steal the glory of another? There are many many ways our flesh seeks to deceive us, the deceptive lusts, deceptive making us think we want it. Deceptive making us think we can't stop it.

Much love!

Yes. But God always provides a way of escape. The born again, look for it and they find it and take it.

1 Corinthians 13:
4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do I mean?
I was asking you to be a bit more specific about the point you were making in speaking of this not being carnally understood, but I'll back up before this got diverted by that . . .

marks said:
Romans 6:6 KJV
6) Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

To which you replied:

It is still not talking about our body of muscles and bone. It is representative of our dying on the cross with Christ.

And I say, it's not "representative", as if some empty flowery speech. I'm saying, The body of sin has been rendered powerless, made of no effect, and that this is an actual reality, something that is true as stated.

The body of sin, soma. Our bodies of flesh, in which sin lives. This exactly what the Bible states, in plain and clear language.

Yes, our bodies of flesh and bone have been corrupted. Our brains have been corrupted - damaged by sin, by self-sufficiency, by rebelliousness against God. Corrupted minds housed in corrupted brains being part of corrupted bodies. And the renewing of the mind is God training us to function from the new mind of the spirit, and not the old mind of the flesh.

The corruptible puts on incorruptability, the mortal puts on immortality.

Much love!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 6:6 KJV
6) Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

At the beginning of the chapter 6, isn't being dead to sin when we are crucified with Christ and are dead. That is referring to being born again, as opposed to someone who is not. We are born again in THIS life. We are filled with the Spirit and changed on the inside in THIS life. But the body, our shell must wait for the resurrection, but it is what is born again, our soul and spirit that makes us dead to sin - not the resurrection.

I think if you re-read chapter 6 you will see that. I loved how the Living Bible said it and helped me understand it for the first time. "Why sin when you don't have to?" Sin no longer called to me. It was easy to not sin, because of a new, super-sensitive conscience placed inside me. Now I loved what God loved, and had an insatiable thirst for the Bible and learning His truths.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The corruptible puts on incorruptability, the mortal puts on immortality.

The carnal nature, the old man, was corrupt. That must be born again and puts on immortality. But the body is still corrupt in that is gets sick, grows old and will still die. When it does and Jesus brings it back to life and it is changed putting on immortality, it is then combined with the immortal soul and spirit that Jesus brings back with Him.

It is the nature that is changed now from carnal and corrupt, to born again and partaker of the divine nature. It has no sins of lawlessness in it. (sins unto death) 1 John 3:4-5

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd suggest just reading the words for what they say. When it says body, that's what it means. When it says flesh, that's what it means.

As I've often said, I think much disagreement about the Bible is based on how closely we hold to the actual words used, and the plainest sense maintaining the norms of language.

The more we are willing to let a verse be "representational", and not just stating something real, the more we'll drift into personal opinion, and the more our opinions will vary from other people's. The more we hold to what is plainly stated, the more we will agree with those who do the same.

In the one case, when this word actually represents "that" thought, people tend to have differing ideas. In the other case, when this word means what it says plainly, people will tend to have the same idea.

Much love!

Last edited:
Reactions: ChristisGod

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd suggest just reading the words for what they say. When it says body, that's what it means. When it says flesh, that's what it means.

As I've often said, I think much disagreement about the Bible is based on how closely we hold to the actual words used, and the plainest sense maintaining the norms of language.

The more we are willing to let a verse be "representational", and not just stating something real, the more we'll drift into personal opinion, and the more our opinions will vary from other people's. The more we hold to what is plainly stated, the more we will agree with those who do the same.

In the once case, when this word actually represents "that" thought, people tend to have differing ideas. In the other case, when this word means what it says plainly, people will tend to have the same idea.

Much love!

marks, I'm sure you can understand Jesus when he says He takes away our sin, indeed. How much is indeed? How much is all?

What we disagree on personally, between you and me, is when. That doesn't matter what we believe, it is what did Jesus SAY.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What we disagree on personally, between you and me, is when.
Actually I think we have a much greater disagreement, more fundamental to this question, about who and what we are. What Justification is. What rebirth is. What the flesh is. Where sin lives.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus when he says He takes away our sin,
Jesus carried away the sin of the world.

For us, we have been justified away from sin, having died, made free from sin. Rendering our bodies of sin powerless over us, because we are no longer in flesh.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That doesn't matter what we believe, it is what did Jesus SAY.
And go on from there, apply that same rule to the rest of the Bible too. Forget about the preconceived notions, the lifelong teachings, if it says "body of sin", that's what it is, right?

If it says that sin lives in the flesh, and the flesh is exactly that, our flesh, then that's what it is.

Much love!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus carried away the sin of the world.

For us, we have been justified away from sin, having died, made free from sin. Rendering our bodies of sin powerless over us, because we are no longer in flesh.

Much love!

Exactly. So what's the problem?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And go on from there, apply that same rule to the rest of the Bible too. Forget about the preconceived notions, the lifelong teachings, if it says "body of sin", that's what it is, right?

If it says that sin lives in the flesh, and the flesh is exactly that, our flesh, then that's what it is.

Much love!

I'm not agreeing to your opinions without what scripture you are referring to. And I will research any scripture that seems to contradict the teachings of Jesus to see what is really being meant, or if it is about an unsaved person, and not a Christian like 1 John 1:8 that millions believe is a Christian (and a doctrine of demons) and not connected to 1 John 1:9 that is to become a Christian.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where is a scripture that would deny the claim of Jesus to take away our sin and make us sinless? So you are saying that what Jesus said in John 8:32-36 is a doctrine of demons? And also that He did not accomplish what He was manifest to do in taking away our sin. Wouldn't believing the opposite of what Jesus claimed about taking away our sin be believing a doctrine of demons? Are we going to go by our life experience that screams the opposite, or examine ourselves and repent in order to line up with the Word of God Acts 2:38, Romans 8:9; 1 John 3:9; 1 John 5:18. Who are you going to believe? Jesus or the demon?

A spirit of antichrist would believe the opposite of the power of Jesus and what He claims. Anyone who has been cleansed of all their sin and has no more desire to sin and doesn't acknowledge and thank Jesus for it and His power is antichrist.
Who here has LEARNED the difference between being "sin-less" and "sin-free"?

For starters, let's all examine just exactly who it is that Psalm 24:3-10 is speaking of, and what it is that they should do.
[3] Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?
[4] He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
[5] He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

Surely, you did not think that it was YOU that could literally DO or BE all of what the above verses describe?
Of course not!
However Jewish thinking will drive you to believe that through your sinful flesh that you can.

So then, the question remains, who alone performed the work of obtaining "the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation."
Yes, it was Jesus ONLY.

Therefore, if you are born again of His Spirit and you truly do understand Romans 8:8-9, then you will KNOW that the righteousness of God that is within you, is NOT of yourself, and therefore you have no control over it, except to be submissive to HIM, who ALONE IS the righteousness of God.
By presenting your body to Him as a living and holy sacrifice for HIS USE, it is our reasonable service whereby He is able to work in us and through us His Gift of the righteousness of God.
Romans 12[1] I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Surely, by the works of your righteousness, you don't now think that it is YOU that KEEPS you holy before God the Father!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not agreeing to your opinions without what scripture you are referring to. And I will research any scripture that seems to contradict the teachings of Jesus to see what is really being meant, or if it is about an unsaved person, and not a Christian like 1 John 1:8 that millions believe is a Christian (and a doctrine of demons) and not connected to 1 John 1:9 that is to become a Christian.
I've shown a number of Scriptures that show this. But you do not accept the words as meaning what those words are, and instead assert some nebulous "nature" that lives nowhere yet impresses it's control. I'm saying broken bodies with broken brains have broken minds that choose sin.

God makes us new people with His style of mind that chooses righteousness. But we still live in those flesh bodies with their conflicting mind, and we are SO used to thinking the way those prideful and entitled minds work, we don't even notice! But as our minds are renewed, that is, as God trains us through tribulations and His Word and His words in us, and through our service to Him, we learn to think in those new minds.

I'll come back as I have time and attach Scriptures to every thing I've said here, please be patient.

Much love!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who here has LEARNED the difference between being "sin-less" and "sin-free"?

For starters, let's all examine just exactly who it is that Psalm 24:3-10 is speaking of, and what it is that they should do.
[3] Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?
[4] He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
[5] He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

Surely, you did not think that it was YOU that could literally DO or BE all of what the above verses describe?
Of course not!
However Jewish thinking will drive you to believe that through your sinful flesh that you can.

So then, the question remains, who alone performed the work of obtaining "the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation."
Yes, it was Jesus ONLY.

Therefore, if you are born again of His Spirit and you truly do understand Romans 8:8-9, then you will KNOW that the righteousness of God that is within you, is NOT of yourself, and therefore you have no control over it, except to be submissive to HIM, who ALONE IS the righteousness of God.
By presenting your body to Him as a living and holy sacrifice for HIS USE, it is our reasonable service whereby He is able to work in us and through us His Gift of the righteousness of God.
Romans 12[1] I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Surely, by the works of your righteousness, you don't now think that it is YOU that KEEPS you holy before God the Father!

There was no way I could change my nature - my natural instincts. It was only by Jesus and the Holy Spirit that my nature was changed supernaturally. I didn't do anything. He did it all. But that is exactly what JESUS said He would do in SCRIPTURE. I KNOW His words and claims are TRUE.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But we still live in those flesh bodies with their conflicting mind

That is unscriptural, so whose doctrine is that? Yours? Or something else? It is certainly not the doctrine of Jesus who said He would free us indeed. And 1 Corinthians 2 says He gives us the MIND OF CHRIST.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And 1 Corinthians 2 says He gives us the MIND OF CHRIST.
As I've said.

So long as you go with your meanings of words, that don't go along with the established linguistic meanings, what else is there to say?

Look at every case of both those words, sarx and soma, how they are used, what the context requires, and use the unambiguous to show the meaning.

Look at that, and the "renewing of the mind", it's all there.

I'll leave you with that.

Much love!

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What year of the tithe are we in?

"22You must be sure to set aside a tenth of all the produce brought forth each year from your fields. 23And you are to eat a tenth of your grain, new wine, and oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks, in the presence of the LORD your God at the place He will choose as a dwelling for His Name, so that you may learn to fear the LORD your God always.24But if the distance is too great for you to carry that with which the LORD your God has blessed you, because the place where the LORD your God will choose to put His Name is too far away, 25then exchange it for money, take the money in your hand, and go to the place the LORD your God will choose. 26Then you may spend the money on anything you desire: cattle, sheep, wine, strong drink, or anything you wish. You are to feast there in the presence of the LORD your God and rejoice with your household. 27And do not neglect the Levite within your gates, since he has no portion or inheritance among you.28At the end of every three years, bring a tenth of all your produce for that year and lay it up within your gates. 29Then the Levite (because he has no portion or inheritance among you), the foreigner, the fatherless, and the widow within your gates may come and eat and be satisfied." Deuteronomy 14:22-29
I need to know whether this is a year in which I eat my tithe, or the year I bring it to the storehouse for the alien, the orphan, the widow, and the Levite. I'll ask Kenneth Copeland. I'm confident that he'll tell me the answer to that.
This reminded me of this:
1Co 16:1 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.
1Co 16:2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.
1Co 16:3 And when I come, whomsoever ye shall approve by your letters, them will I send to bring your liberality unto Jerusalem.

What year of the tithe were they in??
interesting..
Hugs

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was no way I could change my nature - my natural instincts. It was only by Jesus and the Holy Spirit that my nature was changed supernaturally. I didn't do anything. He did it all. But that is exactly what JESUS said He would do in SCRIPTURE. I KNOW His words and claims are TRUE.
So then, your conclusion is that you are sin-free now? Or is it that you are sin-less?
Which is it?

Reactions: Cassandra