Doctrines of Demons???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t normally try to weed out a lot of things that people may talk about online or in forum sites…

just if anyone is pretty open and honest people will either confess that they believe in the l d r, of Christ, or do not.

What is l d r?

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
What is l d r?
I'm guessing Incarnation, Death, Resurrection. . . could be wrong.
My mother was from Australia and was raised in the Church of England. How close is yours to hers. Are you still Anglican?
I've been out of the "Anglican Communion" since 1984 aged 30, but my father, and grandfather were Anglican Vicar's here in NZ, and many ancestors and relatives have been clergymen, or ministers of some description.

I was still wearing robes and altar serving until age 23 but decided that calling was not for me. I did gain pastoral qualifications and serve in AOG, Apostolic, and Nazarene congregations but haven't made an exclusive career of it.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm guessing Incarnation, Death, Resurrection. . . could be wrong.

I've been out of the "Anglican Communion" since 1984 aged 30, but my father, and grandfather were Anglican Vicar's here in NZ, and many ancestors and relatives have been clergymen, or ministers of some description.

I was still wearing robes and altar serving until age 23 but decided that calling was not for me. I did gain pastoral qualifications and serve in AOG, Apostolic, and Nazarene congregations but haven't made an exclusive career of it.

Thanks. I think that first letter is a lower case "L"

l d r

Maybe due to the OP it is the liberal doctrine of righteousness. Or maybe lawless doctrines of righteousness. They certainly would be doctrines of demons. Anyway, he seems to think everyone should know so it must be common knowledge for a few.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh okay, Mungo. It’s like saved by grace or saved by works or how should you get baptized or whatever.

Well here is something you know is not true ; when someone comes out saying

Jesus didn’t raise again,
God only loves some not all,
Jesus did not die for all people,
Over half the planet is going to hell,

Things like you know you check the Bible on.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That scripture is talking about works based salvation mainly @1stCenturyLady. Trying to be saved by saying look at me God at what I did for you. Rather than being of Faith saying thank you God for your son and what He has done for the world.

Though people have faith and they mix works together as though they need to get right with God when it is Jesus who makes a person right with God. Forever.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That scripture is talking about works based salvation mainly @1stCenturyLady. Trying to be saved by saying look at me God at what I did for you. Rather than being of Faith saying thank you God for your son and what He has done for the world.

Though people have faith and they mix works together as though they need to get right with God when it is Jesus who makes a person right with God. Forever.

There are two ways to interpret what you believe.

1. Jesus' blood covers our sins while we keep on committing them, because He knows we are powerless to stop because we will always be sinners.

2. We know we can do nothing good by ourselves, and we confess that knowledge and Jesus literally comes inside us and empowers us to become sinless as He is sinless.

Which is it?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just talked to my mother about this.

Am a believer God loves me. A sinner. Who is weak in the flesh and broken all the commandments. The only way to be made right with God is to believe and have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Once you have understanding of how because of what Jesus Christ has done you are made right with God you would think you would start seeking out what Jesus had done.

You read the Bible and learn and you grow in the knowledge of God and Jesus and because maybe you start to love them for what has been done. As you are seeking and searching and reading as you go along the spirit of Christ grows stronger; and you may not be doing as many sins as you once did as God works with you in your heart and mind as you continue to have faith.

Though messing up from time to time God doesn’t hate you because of it. If you sin or go back in reacting in the flesh there will be a loss.

Be it time, money, opportunity, acquaintances.

Though that loss is had God is not mad or upset with you and He desires for us to go back to him, and to have faith in His Son Jesus Christ… not to go into unbelief and doubting.

All people are made right from the moment they believe and have faith in the life, burial, and resurrection of Christ…

It is not because of what they “do” that makes the right with God - the works God will do will be working with your heart and mind as you let him renew your mind by looking at scripture and seeking God your life will overall change.

You make some choices of what you may or may not do but God sees that you have faith and that is the only thing that pleases him.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
2. We know we can do nothing good by ourselves, and we confess that knowledge and Jesus literally comes inside us and empowers us to become sinless as He is sinless.
Jesus and the Holy Spirit come to indwell the believer. True enough. But by the same token no Christian is sinlessly perfect. So that is a lie.

What the Bible does teach is that Christians are to deal with their present sins and not pretend that they are sinless.

1 JOHN 1: IF WE SAY WE HAVE NO SIN WE DECEIVE OURSELVES

3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.
4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.
5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Reactions: Helen

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus and the Holy Spirit come to indwell the believer. True enough. But by the same token no Christian is sinlessly perfect. So that is a lie.

What the Bible does teach is that Christians are to deal with their present sins and not pretend that they are sinless.

1 JOHN 1: IF WE SAY WE HAVE NO SIN WE DECEIVE OURSELVES

3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.
4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.
5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Enoch, as many times as we go over this, I'm not giving up on you. Question: Jesus said to be perfect, as our Father in heaven is perfect. Can we be perfect and a sinner at the same time? Is God a sinner? Is Jesus asking the impossible or is a liar? You say He is. I Know He's not.
1 John 1:8 and 10

It is true. No one is born without a sin nature, so all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. That is why Jesus came, to take away that awful sin nature. Verse 9 is how that is accomplished.

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

How much sin and unrighteousness is cleansed? All. Are you still a sinner afterwards? No. This is why 1 John 3:1-3 tells us that we are now called children of God. In other words we are born again to receive the Spirit of Christ. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. We must have the word in us to know we are sinners, but to be saved we must repent to have His Spirit.

1 John 3:5 says Jesus was manifest to take away our sin and in Him there is no sin. So ask yourself if 1 John 1:8 is what Jesus accomplished, or if it is BEFORE verse 9 and becoming a true Christian?

Last edited:

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mungo
Does your knowledge of what Jesus said include:

John 8:32-36 A sinner is a slave to sin and will not inherit eternal life.
1 John 3:5 Jesus came to take away our sin and in Him there is no sin.
1 John 3:9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.
Romans 8:9 A Christian is not in the flesh/(nature that sins), but in the Spirit, if the Spirit of God indwells us. Anyone who has not been filled with the Spirit of Christ belongs to him.
We must be born again of the Spirit.

Mungo, a doctrine of demons will water down these powers. They teach that you will always be a sinner because Jesus doesn't change you. False! There is no real teaching on what it means to be born again of the Spirit. They teach you can't be righteous, but only have "imputed" righteousness, or "positional" righteousness. Those two words are a sure sign of a watered down doctrine of demons and not New Testament, only Old Testament. Being born again is a miraculous experience.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @1stCenturyLady

Perfect and refer to being complete or mature.

Can a Christian be mature in their faith? Yes.
Can a Christian be perfect in their faith? Yes
Can a Christian be complete in their faith? Yes.

Here is the word perfect in Greek if you are curious and used the scripture you talked about.

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance: Greek 5046. τέλειος (teleios) -- having reached its end, i.e. complete, by ext. perfect
Matthew 5:48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

As @Enoch111 said however it is true that no one is perfect in the sense of the Flesh itself all people still fall short even myself.

Faith is different because that involves the spirit that given to you by God with the faith on Christ.

Reactions: Helen

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As @Enoch111 said however it is true that no one is perfect in the sense of the Flesh itself all people still fall short even myself.

When we are born again, our new nature partakes of the divine nature of God. We are NOT in the old flesh, but in the Spirit, IF the Spirit of God indwells us. Unfortunately those who continue to sin are in the flesh. They do not have the Spirit of Christ in them, thus do not belong to Him. Romans 8:9; Galatians 5:19-21

It appears you and Enoch believe the same source.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Doctrines that someone disagrees with.
I take it literally, that demons do impart false doctrines to whomever they can.

Gal 1:8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.

2Co 11:3-4 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. (4) For if he who comes preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted—you may well put up with it!

2Co 11:13-15 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. (14) And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. (15) Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.

Reactions: 1stCenturyLady

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mungo, @MatthewG, @Enoch111, @Stumpmaster,

Just because we call ourselves Christians doesn't mean we are like Christ. Many prefer doctrines of demons. Jesus was our model and was the firstborn of many like Himself. Romans 8:29-30. Does anyone disagree that Jesus was sinless? That is why He came to take away our sin, so we have the supernatural power to be sinless also.

If anyone has a particular sin they can't conquer, like mine was adultery, then tell Jesus that He is stronger than you are and need for Him to come inside you with His supernatural cleansing blood and take away the desires that make you sin. You don't have to overcome the sin on your own, just be honest with Jesus and confess to Him that there is a sin you love, but know it will separate you from God, so ask for the baptism of the Holy Spirit. The power you will receive in an instant will change your life, and no one will ever be able to convince you that "you will always be a sinner, but you'll go to heaven anyway." That is a doctrine of demons. Demons WANT you to sin, and think there is no condemnation for them in Christ.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus