Does a false prophet know they're false

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I believe a false prophet is simply a prophet that behaves like a normal person. Most people lie habitually, having no respect for the truth except when it suits them. Such people are prone to being decieved by other spirits. God doesn't ensure their prophecies are true.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan himself is a false prophet and teacher and he knows very well that he is...and he does it with intent and purpose to lead the sheep away from the truth of God's word by promoting his own doctrines. He uses those here on earth as the vessels through which he can infiltrate the church and subtly begin to lead astray God's children with false doctrine. So false prophets and false teachers are his vessels to minister these doctrines through.

There was a preacher here in my home town who had a huge church (membership of over 5000) and I enjoyed his teachings for many years....one day he had an "epiphany" as he put it that there is no hell and this is a misinterpretation of the original Greek language....(he was a student of Greek and Hebrew language).....he left his church and started a new church based on the doctrines of Universalism....so sad but this is an example of one who taught the truth and then knowingly turned away from it.

Carlton Pearson
Minister
Carlton D'metrius Pearson, DD is an American minister. At one time, he was the pastor of the Higher Dimensions Evangelistic Center, later named it Higher Dimensions Family Church which was one of the largest churches in Tulsa, Oklahoma. During the 1990s, it grew to an average attendance of over 6,000. Due to his stated belief in universal reconciliation, Pearson rapidly began to lose his influence in ministry with the Joint College of African-American Pentecostal Bishops and was eventually declared a heretic by his peers in 2004.

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
I suppose they're false if they're not preaching a Grace Gospel. :(

Phl 1:7 Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace.

Heb 6:16 For men verily swear by the greater: and an oath for confirmation is to them an end of all strife.

Heb 6:17 Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath:

Heb 6:18 That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:

Heb 6:19 Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;

Heb 6:20 Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

God bless