Does anyone believe in Evolution anymore?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is probably among the most foolish of men who denies the obvious evolution of living beings in just our own lifetimes.

To date, a total of 1.3 million species have been identified and described, but the truth is that many more live on Earth. The most accurate census, conducted by the
Hawaii’s University, estimates that a total of 8.7 million species live on the planet.

If we take this figure as close, it means that we have described only 15% of all the organisms that live on Earth. To be more precise, we still have 86% of the terrestrial species to be described and 91% of the marine species.

Yet, many of us still swear all these millions of species rode around on a boat for awhile (The Ark) and disembarked on a mountaintop to be the sole creatures that were ever going to exist on the Earth.

No, God clearly created the evolutionary processes by which we all have evolved, and planted them in the genes of every living creature.
Not evolution-adaptation

Reactions: theophilus

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not evolution-adaptation
They, (the carnal world),
change the meaning of the world evolution, and so forth also other words,
so that what happened/happens/ by their own definitions is to them evolution,
totally different from and opposed to
the reality of all things
that the Father Reveals from Heaven through Jesus His Son our Lord and Savior.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"to ponder" ?
If any man lacks wisdom , do not ponder it , in human ways/ carnal, sinful,
but let him
ask God, Who freely gives generously to the righteous and to the unrighteous, without reproach....

i.e. let God answer - not the flesh nor the world nor the false teachers .....
I meant, ponder things about God and the Creation.

strobe

May 11, 2020
Gateshead
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And yet he was a sinner.
God needed him to sin so that he could become the spiritual father of all mankind and bring about a chain of events that lead to Jesus' sacrifice and salvation for all. Everything is going according to God's plan, it is perfect!

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void;

Popular interpretation, but should read - And the earth became without form and void;

This planet was populated before it became void. The scientist know the earth is older than 6000 years because the bones they have recovered were sometimes millions of years old. The earth became null and void because of the total control that the devil had.

If you believe that God put those bones in the ground to fool us, one doesn't really don't know God.
don’t believe everything (anything) that scientists tell you.

If they do not believe Moses and the prophets, they will not be persuaded even though One rises from the dead Luke 16:31

Scoot

May 14, 2020
Victoria, Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you believe the Earth 6,000 years old, or 6 billion years old? Do you believe in Evolution or not?

I don't believe it matters so much what you believes with this - I am far more concerned about why you believe what you believe.

If someone has come to the conclusion by searching through scripture that the Earth is way more than 6,000 years old (aka, the gap theory, etc) - and they came to this conclusion based on their search through scripture first, and then found that there was science to back it up - to me I'm not as concerned - even if they're wrong - because they are putting their foundation of belief in searching through scripture and trusting in God first.

Likewise if someone believes that the Earth is around 6,000 years old because they studied the bible first, and then finds science that backs this up too - even if that ends up being wrong - I'm still not that concerned about it...

However if someone comes to the conclusion that Evolution is true, or the Earth is more than 6,000 years old (or conversely that the Earth is young and evolution is not true) - because primarily that's what the men they trust in say - and then they try and look for scripture to twist and back this up - I am very concerned. The reason being - that their trust and faith is based more on what man says and then trying to make Gods words fit than the other way around.

I acknowledge that the search for truth takes us all on various journey's and experiences, and we all are going to be wrong about some things (me probably more than many!)... but in the end the main concern for me is where is our faith and our search for truth primarily based?

What I tend to find (I admit - in my small limited world experience) - is that most people I talk to regarding the belief in evolution have their faith based first on mans scientific discoveries over God's word. That to me is already a warning sign and an indicator - because I'm looking at the why, not the what. Whether they are right or wrong - I see dangerous times ahead, because deceivers are very good at their job, and we know that there are some deceptions so good that if it were possible, even the elect would be deceived. (Mat 24:24).

If someone puts their trust in man first (whether that be evolution, or young Earthers) - will they trust in a false messiah too because they are swayed by man's logic over scripture?

FWIW - I much prefer to stand before God being wrong and throw myself at His mercy because I believed in, but had an honest misunderstanding of His word, rather than because I put my trust more in man to the point that I doubt God's own words.

For me personally with my search - I have found scientific evidence that supports both old, as well as a young earth. I have seen scientific evidence that supports evolution, and also dismisses it. What I choose to accept is based more on what lines up with God's word. There is more than enough evidence to prove that much of science is biased, and flawed, and man gets things wrong. Man has disproved the bible, and then being exposed that they were wrong about their disproving countless times before - that I know where my trust should primarily be.

There is so much in scripture that proves I can trust God in the things I know for sure - that I choose to trust Him in the things I don't know.

From that perspective, I am happy to have discussions with anyone on this matter if they trust God's word first regardless of what they believe (if it's a discussion and not an argument) - but I'm seriously not interested in discussing this issue with people who put trust in science first - as I fear their is a much bigger problem that needs to be addressed than the age of the earth, or the aspects of evolution.

(In saying this- it doesn't mean I don't value scientific discoveries - but they are a far distant second to what God says first for me.)

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Do you believe the Earth 6,000 years old, or 6 billion years old? Do you believe in Evolution or not?

I don't believe it matters so much what you believes with this - I am far more concerned about why you believe what you believe.

If someone has come to the conclusion by searching through scripture that the Earth is way more than 6,000 years old (aka, the gap theory, etc) - and they came to this conclusion based on their search through scripture first, and then found that there was science to back it up - to me I'm not as concerned - even if they're wrong - because they are putting their foundation of belief in searching through scripture and trusting in God first.

Likewise if someone believes that the Earth is around 6,000 years old because they studied the bible first, and then finds science that backs this up too - even if that ends up being wrong - I'm still not that concerned about it...

However if someone comes to the conclusion that Evolution is true, or the Earth is more than 6,000 years old (or conversely that the Earth is young and evolution is not true) - because primarily that's what the men they trust in say - and then they try and look for scripture to twist and back this up - I am very concerned. The reason being - that their trust and faith is based more on what man says and then trying to make Gods words fit than the other way around.

I acknowledge that the search for truth takes us all on various journey's and experiences, and we all are going to be wrong about some things (me probably more than many!)... but in the end the main concern for me is where is our faith and our search for truth primarily based?

What I tend to find (I admit - in my small limited world experience) - is that most people I talk to regarding the belief in evolution have their faith based first on mans scientific discoveries over God's word. That to me is already a warning sign and an indicator - because I'm looking at the why, not the what. Whether they are right or wrong - I see dangerous times ahead, because deceivers are very good at their job, and we know that there are some deceptions so good that if it were possible, even the elect would be deceived. (Mat 24:24).

If someone puts their trust in man first (whether that be evolution, or young Earthers) - will they trust in a false messiah too because they are swayed by man's logic over scripture?

FWIW - I much prefer to stand before God being wrong and throw myself at His mercy because I believed in, but had an honest misunderstanding of His word, rather than because I put my trust more in man to the point that I doubt God's own words.

For me personally with my search - I have found scientific evidence that supports both old, as well as a young earth. I have seen scientific evidence that supports evolution, and also dismisses it. What I choose to accept is based more on what lines up with God's word. There is more than enough evidence to prove that much of science is biased, and flawed, and man gets things wrong. Man has disproved the bible, and then being exposed that they were wrong about their disproving countless times before - that I know where my trust should primarily be.

There is so much in scripture that proves I can trust God in the things I know for sure - that I choose to trust Him in the things I don't know.

From that perspective, I am happy to have discussions with anyone on this matter if they trust God's word first regardless of what they believe (if it's a discussion and not an argument) - but I'm seriously not interested in discussing this issue with people who put trust in science first - as I fear their is a much bigger problem that needs to be addressed than the age of the earth, or the aspects of evolution.

(In saying this- it doesn't mean I don't value scientific discoveries - but they are a far distant second to what God says first for me.)

I thank you for your kind post. Allow me to explain the reason I begin to dig for more knowledge of God.

Years ago my son ask me about the preterist and if their belief was true. I didn't know so I started digging by going to web sites that were preterist. It took several months to begin to understand preterism according to the bible. I determined that preterism is true, and not a salvation issue, and so I told him he could believe it or not.

Knowing about that, it gave me the desire to have more understanding. What I have learned has never been about salvation. It is more knowledge of God and that is what I want.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
don’t believe everything (anything) that scientists tell you.

If they do not believe Moses and the prophets, they will not be persuaded even though One rises from the dead Luke 16:31

I don't accept anything that is not backed by logic and scripture.

Here is what I know, there are bones in the earth that show large animals and human bones that are much older than 9000 years. Do I believe that God would do that just to fool the people? No, God cannot lie. If there are bones in the earth that are over a million years old, so be it.

This knowledge is not a salvation issue, it is knowing more about God and I have grown in faith because He has shared that knowledge with me.

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Noel lived through a local flood as it could not have flooded all the people that were created to replenish all the earth in Gen 1.

Jesus told the Pharisees that they were the children of Cain and they were not living around Noel.
Why couldn't it have flooded the whole earth? The Bible says that Noah and his family were the only humans to survive.

And where did Jesus ever say that the Pharisees were children of Cain?

I thank you for your kind post. Allow me to explain the reason I begin to dig for more knowledge of God.

Years ago my son ask me about the preterist and if their belief was true. I didn't know so I started digging by going to web sites that were preterist. It took several months to begin to understand preterism according to the bible. I determined that preterism is true, and not a salvation issue, and so I told him he could believe it or not.

Knowing about that, it gave me the desire to have more understanding. What I have learned has never been about salvation. It is more knowledge of God and that is what I want.
Of course you will believe preterism is true if you only visit preterist sites. Have you ever visited sites that present another view? If you want to examine the futurist position I suggest that you visit this site:

Rapture Ready - End Times News, Prophecy, Doctrine of Pre-Trib Rapture

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Why couldn't it have flooded the whole earth? The Bible says that Noah and his family were the only humans to survive.
Breath of life, was only given to Adam, Eve and their children. This would be the Holy Ghost today.

And where did Jesus ever say that the Pharisees were children of Cain?
Jesus to the Pharisees,
Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Jn 3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him?

Of course you will believe preterism is true if you only visit preterist sites. Have you ever visited sites that present another view? If you want to examine the futurist position I suggest that you visit this site:

I could have never found out what the preterist believe, if I had gone to wed site of them that don't believe it.

Last edited:

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't accept anything that is not backed by logic and scripture.

Here is what I know, there are bones in the earth that show large animals and human bones that are much older than 9000 years. Do I believe that God would do that just to fool the people? No, God cannot lie. If there are bones in the earth that are over a million years old, so be it.

This knowledge is not a salvation issue, it is knowing more about God and I have grown in faith because He has shared that knowledge with me.
If YOU do not believe Moses (creation account) YOU will not believe...Carbon dating (of bones etc.) is a lie. Look up askjohnmackay at creation research. He’s the expert, and conducted an experiment to prove it’s a lie...they’re currently creating coal over there, as it can be done...and it doesn’t take thousands, millions, billions, or trillions of years! :)

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Carbon dating (of bones etc.) is a lie. Look up askjohnmackay at creation research. He’s the expert, and conducted an experiment to prove it’s a lie...they’re currently creating coal over there, as it can be done...and it doesn’t take thousands of years!
Yes!
True,
and/or, another way ... (not recommended) .... (though I did this by accident with another science that deceives all) ...
go thru the years of school , college, graduate, tech, scientific, etc. to get "inside" the crowd in charge of that ,
and along the way ask various members why they think it is okay to continue that way, instead of admitting the truth.

If they think you are 'inside' (as if 'with them', on their side), they will freely share with you the many deceptions done and they will say why also.... many of them, high in 'power' in their own system, know , but won't admit it to the outside. (unless and until they become an infamous 'whistle-blower' exposing , revealing the lies they protected once) ...

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes!
True,
and/or, another way ... (not recommended) .... (though I did this by accident with another science that deceives all) ...
go thru the years of school , college, graduate, tech, scientific, etc. to get "inside" the crowd in charge of that ,
and along the way ask various members why they think it is okay to continue that way, instead of admitting the truth.

If they think you are 'inside' (as if 'with them', on their side), they will freely share with you the many deceptions done and they will say why also.... many of them, high in 'power' in their own system, know , but won't admit it to the outside. (unless and until they become an infamous 'whistle-blower' exposing , revealing the lies they protected once) ...
Wow!

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
If YOU do not believe Moses (creation account) YOU will not believe...Carbon dating (of bones etc.) is a lie. Look up askjohnmackay at creation research. He’s the expert, and conducted an experiment to prove it’s a lie...they’re currently creating coal over there, as it can be done...and it doesn’t take thousands, millions, billions, or trillions of years! :)
Thank you for your good points.
But John Mackay probably still believes that Gen 1 and Gen 2 are about the same creation. They are not.
Gen 1 is about mankind. Gen 2 is about the son of God, Adam.

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for your good points.
But John Mackay probably still believes that Gen 1 and Gen 2 are about the same creation. They are not.
Gen 1 is about mankind. Gen 2 is about the son of God, Adam.
Why don’t you ask him? He’s on Facebook :)

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
footnote : false knowledge is prevalent on earth, everywhere, everyplace , in every country.... in every group.... with few if any exceptions.
Or what is falsely called knowledge.
It is opposed to God, always. (mankind/ man's knowledge and wisdom leads to worship creation, instead of The Creator)