Does anything at all exist without God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When i lose my ego entirely, is there still a part that is "me?"
Of course, the
angelic, godly, divine, kind, compassionate, funny, adorable, loving, selfless,
wise, caring, pure, playful, confident, humble part of you, which is the true you.

It is a worthwhile exercise to ask ourselves when we realize this is the person we want to be, that we truly are, that we are working at to become and what our destiny is...what exactly is the 'thing' that is slowing us down?
That is when we can see what this ego is and how it hinders our true happiness...
The whole can of worms or bag of tricks is seen clearer. ;)

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
"When i lose my ego entirely, is there still a part that is "me?"

i observe that there is, and that there are still infinite choices available to pursue in God, by way of producing fruit. Every discipline is as rife for disruption as "breaking" horses to our will, imo. Any discipline that is pursued for profit is just begging for an Uber moment; so did God really invent Uber? From a certain perspective, certainly! Is that relevant to the one who changed their mind, and reaped from sowing Uber? i doubt it

not the best example, perhaps, as i am not aware of the forces/motivations that drove the invention of Uber, still a for-profit model after all, but regardless

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Of course, the
angelic, godly, divine, kind, compassionate, funny, adorable, loving, selfless,
wise, caring, pure, playful, confident, humble part of you, which is the true you.

It is a worthwhile exercise to ask ourselves when we realize this is the person we want to be, that we truly are, that we are working at to become and what our destiny is...what exactly is the 'thing' that is slowing us down?
That is when we can see what this ego is and how it hinders our true happiness...
The whole can of worms or bag of tricks is seen clearer. ;)
but of course this will be resisted, i see big comparisons to revealing codependency in someone, who cannot see the model simply bc they perceive their modus operendi dissolving in it, and they have no other way to frame things; a dog returns to its vomit iow.

we can even observe how difficult it can be to remove a stranger from a terrible, but familiar--to them--situation, simply because of the unknown being offered to them, which even they would accept as an improvement if they could but be shown it--yet they are as likely to pick up a gun and fight this dislocation as to accept it. Dogs at the pound about to get adopted often display this behavior too, and try to climb back into their cages

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but of course this will be resisted, i see big comparisons to revealing codependency in someone, who cannot see the model simply bc they perceive their modus operendi dissolving in it, and they have no other way to frame things; a dog returns to its vomit iow.
we can even observe how difficult it can be to remove a stranger from a terrible, but familiar--to them--situation, simply because of the unknown being offered to them, which even they would accept as an improvement if they could but be shown it--yet they are as likely to pick up a gun and fight this dislocation as to accept it. Dogs at the pound about to get adopted often display this behavior too, and try to climb back into their cages
Wow, from a description of your real self...angelic
and pure ...right to vomit.
Our minds function on different wavelengths, my brother.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Wow, from a description of your real self...angelic
and pure ...right to vomit.
Our minds function on different wavelengths, my brother.
ha c'mon you started
"It is a worthwhile exercise to ask ourselves when we realize this is the person we want to be, that we truly are, that we are working at to become and what our destiny is...what exactly is the 'thing' that is slowing us down?" lol, but since you mention it "dog vomit" is like the weirdest way to put that particular concept anyway, innit? The ritual of the known and comfortable that we repeat under stress? weird

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are right I did start it...to ask 'ourselves' what keeps us from being all we can be ,
all we want to be and what we are eventually going to become....that beauty, in other words.
I was not thinking in advance anyone would write out in public what stops themselves
or others as a whole in terms of 'v....'....my bad.
Fear would have been enough if someone needed to write it.

So I will say for others...Ask yourselves, no need to talk about it.
Be that lovely, generous, compassionate, patient person you want to be, now.
icon_thumleft.gif

Love bade me welcome.
Yet, my soul drew back.

-George Herbert, 12c priest