Does "For Ever" mean forever?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
Judgement is not to change minds. There is one judgment and on the one judgment day God will give out sentences (eternal salvation or eternal condemnation) to fit the deeds a person has done, Matthew 25:23-46. The Bible does not teach salvation can be found after death.

Paul says in Acts 9:6,

6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what would you
have me to do?

That looks like true repentance to me.

What happened to Saul breathing out threatening's and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord? Sounds
like God changed his mind when he shined a great light upon him and blinded him for four days. Now that
is the purpose of judgment. Acts 9:21 says,

21 But all that heard him were amazed, and said; Is not this he that
destroyed them which called on this name in Jerusalem, and came
here for that intent, that he might bring them bound unto the chief
priests?

God used judgment to change Paul's mind and Paul responded, but most people don't recognize God when
he calls them into judgment. Most people think it is just bad luck or bad karma. But God uses judgment to
cause us to respond to his Word, in which, it leads us to repentance. Deut. 28:48 says,

28 Therefore you shall serve your enemies whom the LORD shall

send against you, in hunger, in thirst, in nakedness, and in the lack
of all things; and He will put AN IRON YOKE on your neck until He
has destroyed you.

The old man has to die. Paul's old man died (was destroyed) in the middle of the road to Damascus. The old
man wanted to kill Christians and disciples that day, but God had a different plan for Paul.

There is one judgment!

Actually there is many judgments in the Bible. God put Israel in several judgments while in the book of Judges.
The reason for the judgments was because the sons of Israel did what was evil in the sight of the Lord, and
forgot the Lord their God (Judges 3:7). In every judgment that God passed down to Israel, because of their
disobedience, God delivered them, because they repented and called upon the name of the Lord. Judges 10:10
says,

10 Then the sons of Israel cried out to the Lord, saying, We have
sinned against Thee, for indeed, we have forsaken our God and

served the Baals.
11 And the Lord said to the sons of Israel, Did I not deliver you
from the Egyptians, the Amorites, the sons of Ammon, and the
Philistines?
12 Also when the Sidonians, the Amalekites, and the Maonites
oppressed you, you cried out to Me, and I delivered you from

their hands.

Some people will respond to judgment in this lifetime, but most will forget and do evil in the sight of the Lord. That
is what the Great White Throne is for. It is a judgment that will be establish upon this earth for the purpose of changing
people's mind or destroying people's carnal minds to serve the living God. Rev. 5:13 says,

13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and
under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in
them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honor, and glory, and power,
be unto him that sits upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever
and ever.

It sounds like John means everybody. Every creature? When God finishes His plan for creation everyone will know that
God's plan for exceeds the mind of man!

What a God! What a Plan!

Logabe

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually there is many judgments in the Bible.
this is true but what we call judgment and the Bible reads as judgement are different example peter wrote judgement begins at the house of God 1 peter 4:17 this is a reference to trials that we go through . the real Judgemnt is the one we stand before God and give account of our works. yes i do think the world is going through a type judgment . in pauls case God was getting his attention

Reactions: Ernest T. Bass

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Paul says in Acts 9:6,

6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what would you
have me to do?

That looks like true repentance to me.

What happened to Saul breathing out threatening's and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord? Sounds
like God changed his mind when he shined a great light upon him and blinded him for four days. Now that
is the purpose of judgment. Acts 9:21 says,

21 But all that heard him were amazed, and said; Is not this he that
destroyed them which called on this name in Jerusalem, and came
here for that intent, that he might bring them bound unto the chief
priests?

God used judgment to change Paul's mind and Paul responded, but most people don't recognize God when
he calls them into judgment. Most people think it is just bad luck or bad karma. But God uses judgment to
cause us to respond to his Word, in which, it leads us to repentance. Deut. 28:48 says,

28 Therefore you shall serve your enemies whom the LORD shall

send against you, in hunger, in thirst, in nakedness, and in the lack
of all things; and He will put AN IRON YOKE on your neck until He
has destroyed you.

The old man has to die. Paul's old man died (was destroyed) in the middle of the road to Damascus. The old
man wanted to kill Christians and disciples that day, but God had a different plan for Paul.

There is one judgment!

Actually there is many judgments in the Bible. God put Israel in several judgments while in the book of Judges.
The reason for the judgments was because the sons of Israel did what was evil in the sight of the Lord, and
forgot the Lord their God (Judges 3:7). In every judgment that God passed down to Israel, because of their
disobedience, God delivered them, because they repented and called upon the name of the Lord. Judges 10:10
says,

10 Then the sons of Israel cried out to the Lord, saying, We have
sinned against Thee, for indeed, we have forsaken our God and

served the Baals.
11 And the Lord said to the sons of Israel, Did I not deliver you
from the Egyptians, the Amorites, the sons of Ammon, and the
Philistines?
12 Also when the Sidonians, the Amalekites, and the Maonites
oppressed you, you cried out to Me, and I delivered you from

their hands.

Some people will respond to judgment in this lifetime, but most will forget and do evil in the sight of the Lord. That
is what the Great White Throne is for. It is a judgment that will be establish upon this earth for the purpose of changing
people's mind or destroying people's carnal minds to serve the living God. Rev. 5:13 says,

13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and
under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in
them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honor, and glory, and power,
be unto him that sits upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever
and ever.

It sounds like John means everybody. Every creature? When God finishes His plan for creation everyone will know that
God's plan for exceeds the mind of man!

What a God! What a Plan!

Logabe
The one judgement I am talking about is on the last day, after the resurrection of the good and evil (John 5:28-29) where all stand before God and receive their eternal sentence. Christians are told to judge righteous judgment John 7:24, there are judgements that take place in civil/criminal courts today but again there is just one final judgment that determines one's eternal fate. Acts 9 was not this one final judgment day.

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
The one judgement I am talking about is on the last day, after the resurrection of the good and evil (John 5:28-29) where all stand before God and receive their eternal sentence. Christians are told to judge righteous judgment John 7:24, there are judgements that take place in civil/criminal courts today but again there is just one final judgment that determines one's eternal fate. Acts 9 was not this one final judgment day.

The last day of the Great White Throne or the Lake of fire is not the last day of history or time. It will
be the last day of the Millennium, but the first day of age-abiding judgment that will be upon this earth.
It is called the Lake of Fire. It is what Jesus referred to when he said, I have come to send fire upon
the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled (Luke 12:49).

The Pentecostal Age that we live in right now will end someday (last day), and the Tabernacles Age will
begin (1st day). It will last 1000 years (last day) and the Great White Throne will be implemented for the
purpose of God's Plan of the Restoration of All things (Acts 3:21).

We are waiting for the 7th day or the 1st Sabbath rest, which is, the beginning of the 7000 years from
Adam. When that fire comes upon this earth in the form of God's Law, it will bring structure and abundance
of joy to the population in that day. Judgment brings righteousness and freedom to the people of the
earth.

What a God! What a Plan!

Logabe

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
this is true but what we call judgment and the Bible reads as judgement are different example peter wrote judgement begins at the house of God 1 peter 4:17 this is a reference to trials that we go through . the real Judgemnt is the one we stand before God and give account of our works. yes i do think the world is going through a type judgment . in pauls case God was getting his attention

Exactly... God is using Judgment on us right now. When we mistreat other Christians, God will send
Judgment our way in the form of trials and tribulation for the purpose of delivering us from our evil
ways. In fact, if we mistreat God's enemies he will do the same. Why? Because God loves his enemies,
and he doesn't want them to be abused. So he brings judgment for the purpose of changing our ways,
because he loves us too, and he wants us to learn his ways, so we can mature in the Kingdom of God.

We want our judgment now, so we can be mature in the ways of God, which will qualify us for the first
resurrection. What will the 1st resurrection do for us? It will give us power over the second death, which
is, the Lake of Fire. We will not be hurt of the second death. Rev. 2:11 says,

11 He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit is saying
unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of
the second death.

The second death is a long Judgment where a person that didn't accept Jesus Christ in his or her lifetime
will have to go and pay the sentence according to their works. That is why it is so important that we need
to let everyone know that Jesus is Lord and they need to accept him, so their sins are forgiven now. If not,
God will still bring them through the Lake of Fire and will release them into the Creations Jubilee at the end
of time. Romans 8:21 says,

21 Because the creation itself also shall be delivered from the

bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children
of God.

Paul said that the whole creation is groaning and travailing in pain together until now (Romans 8:22) What
are they groaning about? Romans 8:23 says,

23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the first
fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves,
waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Not only are we waiting for God to bring us immortality, but Paul said, the whole creation is waiting for the
manifestation of the sons of God (Romans 8:19), which is, when we receive the redemption of our bodies. Why
are they waiting? I was told by the Baptist that they were all going to be condemned for eternity. I was a Baptist
and I believed that. I love the Baptist, but their doctrine is just wrong, because according to Paul, the whole
creation surely isn't waiting to be condemn for eternity, but I believe whether they are aware of it or not, that
deep down in their hearts they believe that God is greater than man. That God has a better and greater plan
than all the religions of this world.

What a God! What a Plan!

Logabe

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is a more thorough explanation...
"The Bible is very clear that the wicked do Not suffer for ever and ever and ever. In the Bible we repeatedly see that the wicked are destroyed. They will perish, they will be burned up until they will be ashes under the soles of your feet, they will be no more, they will cease to exist, etc. look at the Biblical texts below:
  1. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

One of my favorite Bible texts about the love of God. Nowhere in that text do we have the idea that the alternatives are to live forever in Heaven or to live forever in Hell. No, the real alternatives are to perish or to have eternal, everlasting life.

1. For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23
The consequence for sin is death, not burning forever. God's gift is eternal life, which is very different from the penalty of sin.

As we look at more verses, we can see that the Bible is consistent with itself.

1. For evildoers shall be cut off; But those who wait on the LORD, They shall inherit the earth.
    For yet a little while and the wicked shall be no more; Indeed, you will look carefully for his place, But it shall be no more.
    But the meek shall inherit the earth, And shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.
  1. But the wicked shall perish; And the enemies of the LORD, Like the splendor of the meadows, shall vanish. Into smoke they shall vanish away. Psalm 37: 9-11, 20.
  1. But the transgressors shall be destroyed together; The future of the wicked shall be cut off. Psalm 37: 9-11, 20, 38.
The wicked will be no more, they will cease to exist, they will perish, they will vanish away. In fact, verse 38 says they will all be destroyed together, in one place, at one time; But the meek, those who wait on the LORD, will inherit the earth and live forever.

1. As smoke is driven away, So drive them away; As wax melts before the fire, So let the wicked perish at the presence of God. Psalm 68:2.
Again, the wicked will perish like smoke in the presence of God. In the fire they will not burn forever, Instead, they will perish like wax in the fire. This fire is in the presence of God.

1. May sinners be consumed from the earth, And the wicked be no more. Bless the LORD, O my soul! Praise the LORD! Psalm 104:35.
The wicked will be consumed from the earth and be no more. There will be nothing left of the wicked.

1. For behold, the day is coming, Burning like an oven, And all the proud, yes, all who do wickedly will be stubble. And the day which is coming shall burn them up, Says the LORD of hosts, That will leave them neither root nor branch.
    But to you who fear My name The Sun of Righteousness shall arise With healing in His wings; And you shall go out And grow fat like stall-fed calves.
    You shall trample the wicked, For they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet On the day that I do this, Says the LORD of hosts. Malachi 4:1-3.
Malachi makes it extremely clear. The wicked will be stubble. They will be ashes under the soles of the feet of the righteous. In addition we see again that it will happen all at once: Because the Lord says that the day is coming when the wicked will be burnt up, they will be stubble. And we find that this burning has an end because later on God promises that we will trample the wicked since they will be ashes under our feet. He will not keep them burning forever, but He will finish this work. God will burn them up.

1. Behold, they shall be as stubble, The fire shall burn them; They shall not deliver themselves From the power of the flame; It shall not be a coal to be warmed by, Nor a fire to sit before! Isaiah 47:14.
Isaiah also says the wicked will be stubble. In addition, he says that they will not be able to escape from the fire and the fire will do its job. When it is finished burning, their will not even be a coal or a fire to be warmed up with. The wicked will be entirely consumed by the fire! They will be burned up. So the ashes will be cold for there will not be a fire to sit next to, nor even a warm coal.

1. The LORD preserves all who love Hims, But all the wicked He will destroy. Psalm 145:20.
All the wicked will be destroyed. They will not survive.

1. You shall make them as a fiery oven in the time of Your anger; The LORD shall swallow them up in His wrath, And the fire shall devour them. Psalm 21:9.
The fire will devour them and they will be no more.

1. Behold, all souls are Mine; The soul of the father As well as the soul of the son is Mine; The soul who sins shall die.
  1. The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not bear the guilt of the father, nor the father bear the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself. Ezekiel 18:4, 20.
God owns all souls, so He has the right to do what He wants with His people. He has declared that the soul who sins, that person will die, and it will be as though they had never been.

1. For the day of the LORD upon all the nations is near; As you have done, it shall be done to you; Your reprisal shall return upon your own head.
    For as you drank on my holy mountain, So shall all the nations drink continually; Yes, they shall drink, and swallow, And they shall be as though they had never been. Obadiah 1:15-16.
"....The Biblical Truth About Hell, Does it Last Forever?

Last edited: