Does God answer your prayer❓

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wendy Harris

May 21, 2018
Daegu
www.holyspiritspeaks.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Korea, Democratic Peoples Republic Of
Does God answer your prayer
2753.png

I have been working overtime recently. I can't get up in the morning and I don't insist on normal devotion. I didn’t work overtime last night and I’d like to get up early the next morning. But I was afraid that I would snooze and could not get up, So I prayed to God and hope God could wake me up to take morning devotion. At 6:44am the next morning I suddenly woke up, I thought, let me sleep for another 6 minutes and then get up. After when I lay down, I felt hot behind and I could not sleep. I felt that the hot was not normal, and I realized that the room's geothermal heat had been turned on. After I got up and switched off the heat, I thought about why the ground heat would be turned on while I was sitting on the bed. At this time, I suddenly thought of the prayer I made to God last night, This is God wake me up in this way. Later I got to know it is the guests who came last night turned on the heat. In my understanding, I understood God's intention. It was God who listened to my prayers because my prayer was to satisfy God, not to satisfy my own body-flesh.
I saw this passage when I doing morning devotion, "Personal prayer life is based upon understanding the significance of prayer and the basic knowledge of prayer. Man must often pray for his shortcomings in his daily life and must pray upon the foundation of the knowledge of God’s words in order to achieve changes in his life disposition. Everyone should establish their own prayer life, they should pray for the knowledge based upon God’s words, should pray in order to seek the knowledge of God’s work. Lay your actual circumstances before God, and be pragmatic, and don’t pay attention to method; the key is to attain a true knowledge, and to actually experience God’s words. " I truly feel God's holiness and God's wisdom, I understand the true meaning of prayer. The Lord Jesus said, "But seek you first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you." (Matthew 6:33) As long as what you ask for is inorder to satisfy God and is after God's heart. God will answer your prayer. If what your asked for is to satisfy flesh and satisfy Satan, God will hide His face from you.

Reactions: amadeus

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
2753.png

I have been working overtime recently. I can't get up in the morning and I don't insist on normal devotion. I didn’t work overtime last night and I’d like to get up early the next morning. But I was afraid that I would snooze and could not get up, So I prayed to God and hope God could wake me up to take morning devotion. At 6:44am the next morning I suddenly woke up, I thought, let me sleep for another 6 minutes and then get up. After when I lay down, I felt hot behind and I could not sleep. I felt that the hot was not normal, and I realized that the room's geothermal heat had been turned on. After I got up and switched off the heat, I thought about why the ground heat would be turned on while I was sitting on the bed. At this time, I suddenly thought of the prayer I made to God last night, This is God wake me up in this way. Later I got to know it is the guests who came last night turned on the heat. In my understanding, I understood God's intention. It was God who listened to my prayers because my prayer was to satisfy God, not to satisfy my own body-flesh.
I saw this passage when I doing morning devotion, "Personal prayer life is based upon understanding the significance of prayer and the basic knowledge of prayer. Man must often pray for his shortcomings in his daily life and must pray upon the foundation of the knowledge of God’s words in order to achieve changes in his life disposition. Everyone should establish their own prayer life, they should pray for the knowledge based upon God’s words, should pray in order to seek the knowledge of God’s work. Lay your actual circumstances before God, and be pragmatic, and don’t pay attention to method; the key is to attain a true knowledge, and to actually experience God’s words. " I truly feel God's holiness and God's wisdom, I understand the true meaning of prayer. The Lord Jesus said, "But seek you first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you." (Matthew 6:33) As long as what you ask for is inorder to satisfy God and is after God's heart. God will answer your prayer. If what your asked for is to satisfy flesh and satisfy Satan, God will hide His face from you.

It reminds me of when I forgot to set my alarm and a fly buzzed around my ear to wake me. Didn't even pray about that one.

Reactions: Helen

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
2753.png

Does it matter whether God answers ones prayer?

The Almighty, Holy Creator of the universe wants to hear you talking to him. He is interested in you and you're asking that the sun will shine and it not rain.

Just who are you planning on talking to?

Yes God in his super abundance of grace and his unmeasurable love for us, is interested in those minute details ofour lives.

Spend a moment contemplating who it is you are talking to. It will change your prayers.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God sits high but He looks low. Whether making the universe or giving a parking space for my disabled wife it's easy for Him.

He knows that we are comforted when He answers us. We are His.

Wendy Harris

May 21, 2018
Daegu
www.holyspiritspeaks.org
Faith
Christian
Country
God sits high but He looks low. Whether making the universe or giving a parking space for my disabled wife it's easy for Him.

He knows that we are comforted when He answers us. We are His.
Amen, thank God. I can't agree with you more, God is good all the time. I will pray for your wife.

Reactions: Frank Lee

Wendy Harris

May 21, 2018
Daegu
www.holyspiritspeaks.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Well said Wendy, belated welcome to the forum.
:):):) I'm so happy to hear that, God bless you, Angelina. I will pray for you, may God bless you all the time, God be with us. Hope we can share God's word and our experience about God more and more, may God lead and guide us to understand God's will.