Does God Create Evil or Not?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An apparently, He hasn't given YOU any yet . . .

Certainly I would not expect you to recognize what you don't have.

Your position all along is that God creates evil -

Actually all along is MY position is that I agree with Scripture that says "create evil"; not "creates evil" as YOU say.

and I've proven you wrong both linguistically and contextually.

So you think you have PROVEN Scripture Wrong.....goodie for you.

Why tell me about it? It's not MY WORDS. It's Scripture, that I agree with.

Go tell God Himself, since you are strutting like a peacock all proud of yourself, that you're right and Scripture is wrong.

You aren't the first to disagree with Scripture.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things.

New Living Translation
I create the light and make the darkness. I send good times and bad times. I, the LORD, am the one who does these things.

English Standard Version
I form light and create darkness; I make well-being and create calamity; I am the LORD, who does all these things.

New American Standard Bible
The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the LORD who does all these.

King James Bible
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Christian Standard Bible
I form light and create darkness, I make success and create disaster; I am the LORD, who does all these things.

Contemporary English Version
I create light and darkness, happiness and sorrow. I, the LORD, do all this.

Good News Translation
I create both light and darkness; I bring both blessing and disaster. I, the LORD, do all these things.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
I form light and create darkness, I make success and create disaster; I, Yahweh, do all these things."

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
most Catholics do, i guess. It is not even right to judge them for this imo, they have their own nation and code, and if they rely more on commentary yet still find Christ, more power to them i say

there are plenty of areas where we can agree, without moving boundary stones

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
most Catholics do, i guess. It is not even right to judge them for this imo, they have their own nation and code, and if they rely more on commentary yet still find Christ, more power to them i say

Perhaps they just can't believe God created everthing.

there are plenty of areas where we can agree, without moving boundary stones

Sure there are, excepting the one whose mission is to correct the errors of Scripture. Lol

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things.

New Living Translation
I create the light and make the darkness. I send good times and bad times. I, the LORD, am the one who does these things.

English Standard Version
I form light and create darkness; I make well-being and create calamity; I am the LORD, who does all these things.

New American Standard Bible
The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the LORD who does all these.

King James Bible
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Christian Standard Bible
I form light and create darkness, I make success and create disaster; I am the LORD, who does all these things.

Contemporary English Version
I create light and darkness, happiness and sorrow. I, the LORD, do all this.

Good News Translation
I create both light and darkness; I bring both blessing and disaster. I, the LORD, do all these things.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
I form light and create darkness, I make success and create disaster; I, Yahweh, do all these things."

who cares what the hypocrites think anyway

Thanks for quoting them....the KJV is the odd man out.
I love it...but it does hold quite a few 'blips'.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Certainly I would not expect you to recognize what you don't have.

Actually all along is MY position is that I agree with Scripture that says "create evil"; not "creates evil" as YOU say.

So you think you have PROVEN Scripture Wrong.....goodie for you.
Why tell me about it? It's not MY WORDS. It's Scripture, that I agree with.
Go tell God Himself, since you are strutting like a peacock all proud of yourself, that you're right and Scripture is wrong.

Nope - I haven't proven Scripture "wrong". Nobody can because its the truth.
I've only prove your perversion of it wrong . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for quoting them....the KJV is the odd man out.

KJV
Latin Vulgate
JPS Tanakh
Jubilee
American Standard
Douay-Rheims
Darby
Webster's

And a few others all say "EVIL"...
So KJV, odd man out? No.

God Bless,
Taken

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"
That's why they're not looking for Christ or even at Christ, but are in Christ (JOHN 17:21, ROMANS 6:11, 12:5, 1 CORINTHIANS 1:30, EPHESIANS 2:6).

Christ is not examined, but He is the arena in which we examine. And what do we examine? In Christ we examine everything! In Christ we look at all things (MATTHEW 11:27, ROMANS 8:32, 1 CORINTHIANS 2:15, EPHESIANS 1:10, 2 TIMOTHY 2:7), even the deep things of God (1 CORINTHIANS 2:10). And that's why God's revelation is πολυμερος (polumeros), or multi-sided, πολυτροπως (polutropos), or polymodal (HEBREWS 1:1), and His wisdom πολυποικιλος (polupoikilos), or greatly varied (EPHESIANS 3:10).

Believing in Christ or in the name of Christ means believing without limits in everything, and results in a whole and unrestricted life (JOHN 20:31), even one with a clear and perpetual view on the Creator Himself (JOHN 11:40). Faith is wholly free (GALATIANS 5:1). Faith always works (JAMES 2:14-26). Faith does not stubbornly stick to a story, but investigates all things and incorporates emerging evidence (1 THESSALONIANS 5:21). Faith diligently avoids settling in fixed definitions (Exodus 20:4) but always keeps refining and responding (Psalm 12:6).

This kind of living faith is the only kind that expresses true reverence for the Creator, and goes flat against our natural human instincts to cling to some lifeless religion. It also sums up the first "four" commandments; the whole of the subset of the Ten Commandments that describes man's relation with the Creator (Exodus 20:1-7), minus the one that speaks of keeping the Sabbath (Exodus 20:8-11).

But living out of this kind of faith leads to an existence that is as different from natural life as a squirrel differs from a brick. When all of mankind's faith is completed, we'll enjoy a perpetual Sabbath and nothing that we can possibly imagine will be impossible for us to achieve; we'll race our mountain bikes all over the entire universe as if we had never had the need for training wheels (Genesis 11:6, MATTHEW 21:22, MARK 9:23, LUKE 1:37, JOHN 14:12, 1 CORINTHIANS 3:21-23, 1 TIMOTHY 6:17)." Faith: persuasion and belief

Reactions: Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
DOES GOD CREATE GOOD OR NOT? :D
"
...This particular oil was nicknamed the love-oil
and was spritzed on the beds of couples who were just married,
so that the whole neighborhood smelled after the joy of a couple's wedding night,
and everybody was made sure about this joy..." ibid
:)
"The previous word combined with the particle of negation α (a) makes the adjective απιστος(apistos),
which predictably means the opposite of the previous: not steadfast and not a suitable foundation to build upon:
incredible (ACTS 23:8), untrusting, suspicious or willfully stupid (MATTHEW 17:17), willfully deceptive or cheating (LUKE 12:46)
or simply not (yet) in the loop for whatever reason (1 CORINTHIANS 7:12-15, 10:27, 14:22-24, 2 CORINTHIANS 4:4, 6:14-15, 1 TIMOTHY 5:8, TITUS 1:15, REVELATION 21:8)..." ^

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
DOES GOD CREATE GOOD OR NOT? :D

God created all things.

Yes, God created Good.
Yes, God created Evil.

Good and Evil are concepts of Knowledge.
(And personification)
God created all Knowledge.
God created celestial spirits.
God created natural terrestrial mankind.

God ~ Although thee Everlasting Almighty Spirit Creator God, He is also: the personification of Good.

Satan ~~ Although created spirit with great power -
Satan also: is the personification of Evil.

Mankind ~ Although created natural with lessor power-
Mankind becomes the personification of either -Good or Evil.

It is the Knowledge of Good (of God) or the Knowledge of Evil (out of Satan); that a man can choose to discover the Knowledge; and choose to subject himself in mimicking and following after that Knowledge; projected by either personification; being God or Satan.

A man making his election of which to follower after;
God who is Good
Or
Satan who is Evil
Thereafter is what the man himself becomes;
Good or Evil.

Out side the Garden -
God created Man from Dust -
Gen 2:7

In the Garden - east of Eden
God planted -
God PUT man -
And In the midst of the Garden was:

Two particular Trees - Gen 2:9
In the midst of the Garden.
1) Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil
THIS Tree IS Notice, the Personification of Good and Evil was present IN the Garden.
Along with the man - who had been created;
Very Good.

The man was being Taught by the Personification of Good (God).

The man was being Taught to AVOID this Tree, (of Knowledge of Good AND Evil).

The personification of Evil called out to the woman, and Tempted the woman to be Taught of him. The woman, relented, and became enticed and Taught of him.

The man, nor female, both called Adam by God, (Gen 5:1-2), did not Avoid the Tree of K of Good and Evil).

When the personification of Good (God), found the man and woman had rejected His Teaching, in Favor of Evil's (Satan) Teaching;
God sent the man and woman OUT of His Garden.

2) The Tree of Life -
Also available for the man and woman to eat.
The man and woman DID NOT eat of this tree

The personification of this Tree - is God, is His Word.
It is always Gods Word that Sustains Life.

Once a man is created (Adam) or born (all other men) they are now born subject to the same as Adam's disregard of God's Good and therefore are natural born are Subject to the Knowledge of Good and Evil, and must elect for themselves WHICH they shall follow after.

There can be NO sustaining of Life, without Forgivess for having not Trusted to Believe in God and His Word.

Just pryor to Adam's departure from the Garden; God forgave them both (male and female). Blood from an animal slaughter, and the skins of the animal, God clothed them both; covering their shame; of their body of flesh.
Internally (via blood sacrifice) Body.
Externally (via the clothing of skins) Flesh.

Outside of the Garden they subjected themselves to the Lord, and became Saved unto forever Life. (Personified by the Tree of Life, who is the Word of God, who Sustains Life) And Adam, being called, the "son of God".

Yes God created Good and Evil.
It is a concept of Knowledge Taught by;
The Personification of God who IS Good;
....and Teaches His Knowledge of Good.
The Personification of Satan who IS Evil;
....and Teaches Gods Knowledge of Evil.

And natural mankind;
Has the ability to hear and learn Gods Knowledge of Good and Evil; and choose which Knowledge the man elects to follow after; thus the man becomes in the likeness;
Of the personification of;
Good; in the likeness of God
Or
Evil; in the likeness of Satan.

And also; a man Choosing Good...
God has provided a WAY for every man,
To become Forgiven, for not Being Good,
And become Converted to Good; holy, (a "son of God")
With opportunity ( by the mans effort) to become perfect.
And
With promise ( by Gods Power ) to become glorified.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Attention Protestants and Catholics:

In response to the OP and further Question of What God has created...ie

Did God create Evil?
Did God create Good?

Yes God is the Creater of ALL things -
Even Knowledge!

It is well known -
the Hebrews are our Historical Teachers of Gods Word. And from the Hebrews surviving Historical written records; there were translations written in the Latin Language in the very early 400's. Called the Latin Vulgate.

(Yes also known there are umpteen Different authored versions of Scripture)

(And yes also well known; early common men did not read or write)

Two well known translations of Scriptures;
KJV - for years, particularly favored by Protestants
Douay-Rheims - for years, particularly favored by Catholics

Both translations being from the 1600's era.
Both from the basis of the Latin Vulgate.
And the Latin Vulgate translated from the
Hebrew Tanakh.

To the matter of: Isaiah 45:7
---------------------------------------------------
Latin Vulagte; and Nova Vulgate (one can find on the Vatican Website) the Scripture reads;

Formans Lucem et creans tenbras leciens pacem et creans malum ego Dominus faciens omnia haec
Douay-Rheims the Scripture reads:

I form the light, and create darkness, I make peace and create evil:
I the LORD that do all these things.
KJV the Scripture reads:

I form the light, and create darkness, I make peace and create evil:
I the LORD do all these things.

Why a Protestant OR Catholic would REJECT the Scriptural Truth; is simply a revealing of an individuals election of which personification of Good or Evil Knowledge they have elected to follow.

God Bless,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
insistence that God creates evil.
It's dishonest and really, really ignorant . . .
ok, sprinkling/raining, unclench a little maybe

you gotta know the point here is not about demeaning God right
more about sovereignty or something.

you can't reflect on the concept in a like a "i brought you in, and i can take you out!" kinda deal?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
we talk about evil as if it were an absolute, but we perceive evil subjectively;

the sinking of the Titanic was a miracle, to the lobsters in the galley

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok, sprinkling/raining, unclench a little maybe

you gotta know the point here is not about demeaning God right
more about sovereignty or something.

you can't reflect on the concept in a like a "i brought you in, and i can take you out!" kinda deal?
Absolutely - but that doesn't mean that He created evil.