Does God Create Evil or Not?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
"
θεος
The word θεος (theos) means God, but although that may seem like an open-and-shut case it really isn't.
In fact, our word θεος (theos) is fantastically complicated.
To start with, it also covers humans (JOHN 10:34) and even what seems to be the devil (2 CORINTHIANS 4:4).
There's clearly more to the word θεος (theos) than simply offering a kind of genus for the Creator to be classified as.
In the New Testament, this noun occurs 1340 times; SEE FULL CONCORDANCE..." What God is and what God is not

Reactions: Helen

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Does God Create Evil or Not?"

Yes, he "creates" evil when he turns an individual over to the evil within their own hearts. Does that make him the author of it??? No, the evil within his heart was already there to begin with. I'm sure no 'christian' would claim God to be the creator of "adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, and revellings", because that would make God unrighteous, and not even worth the salt of the earth. If I was an atheist, I sure as hell wouldn't give your faith the light of day if I was told that God is the author of degenerate filth.

(Romans 9:14-18) "What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid. {15} For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. {16} So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy. {17} For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth. {18} Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth."

default_thumbsup.gif
Its easy to raise up the Pharaoh to be the douche bag that he was when he was already a douche bag to start with. All God did was let him loose to go full tilt. Paul indicates he will eventually do the same to the world as a whole that he calls the "strong delusion", to ensure that they believe "a lie", prior to the arrival of the "beast from the bottomless pit".

Last edited: