Does God expect us to obey the hundreds of NT commands on day one of our service to be saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all:

Again, some try to just dig their whole deeper in that they hold to the viewpoint that believe does not mean trust (When various dictionaries will tell you this fact).

If you don’t believe the dictionary, then believe your Bible.

John 3:16 says, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

So if believe does not mean trust then John 3:16 cannot save you. We are to trust and believe ALL of God’s words and not just in the person of Jesus for salvation. For we cannot reject certain words of the LORD and claim to be in a right standing with Him. Again, today many are still ignoring the very words of Jesus like Matthew 5:28-30, Matthew 6:15, Matthew 12:37.

Again…. READ THESE VERSES for yourselves!!!!
Read them multiple times in prayer.
Ask God to give you His Spirit to understand what He is saying.
If you believe God’s Word plainly as it is written… you will discover that Jesus is warning how sin can destroy our souls.
One cannot deny this truth in Scripture or they are in spiritual danger not being able to warn others properly about sin and salvation (Letting others slip and fall into the very pits of hell itself). Love. Love your neighbor by warning of them this truth that many today try to erase and or ignore.

Reactions: robert derrick

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am curious as to what your reply would be....are you without sin? Are you sinless?
Your response was a very large side-step to the question.
Ask me....am I sinless? No...it is impossible for me to be totally sinless. I go to bed angry with others...I get road rage...I get snarly with my words....I judge others at times....
Yes I sin....unintentionally...but I try my hardest not to.

Your not getting it. It’s not solely about me alone or anyone else. It’s about what the Bible says for us all as believers. My life is not the standard. The Bible is the standard. According to the Bible: Believers need to be in the Sanctification Process by the Holy Spirit and on the road to overcoming sin in this life. Believers must put away all known sin in their life they can today by God’s power. For without holiness no man shall see the Lord (Hebrews 12:14). Note: This following after holiness in Hebrews 12:14 is also tied with making peace with all men (which is another holy conduct or behavior). So one cannot change this verse to say something else.

2 Corinthians 7:1 says, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

How exactly do you believe 2 Corinthians 7:1 here? You don’t. You must seek to change it or ignore it because you don’t like what it says.

How about another.

Romans 8:13, it says,
“For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.”

Do you believe this verse plainly above? I don’t see how if you believe the unbiblical sayings by Protestant Perpetual Belief Alone Salvationists who have clouded and ruled your thinking.

Here is another one.

“For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.” (Galatians 6:8-9).

Not sure you understand this passage. In verse 8: It is saying you need to sow to the Spirit and as a result you will reap everlasting life. In verse 9 it defines this sowing to the Spirit as “well doing” (i.e. doing good) and we are to reap (reap everlasting life) if we do not faint (i.e. we do not pass out and sleep). How exactly do you believe this passage? Please do not just Google an answer. Ask God and read the chapter and believe your Bible at face value.

Do you believe also Galatians 5:24, and 1 Peter 4:1-2? I really don’t see how unless you seek to change them in what the say because of what popular candy coated Christianity has told you.

You cannot have the mindset that you can sin and still be saved because Jesus warned how certain sins can lead to hellfire or condemnation in the afterlife (See: Matthew 5:28-30) (Matthew 6:15) (Matthew 12:37). You need to be in a righteous state when you die or when the Lord Jesus comes back. That is what this life is for. To live that life for the Lord. It’s not an overnight process. God gives us the grace to obey and not disobey.

For Titus 2:11-12 says God’s grace teaches us to deny ungodliness and that we should live righteously and godly in this present world.
God’s grace gives us the ability to do the work (1 Corinthians 15:10). But if you justify God’s grace as a license to sin then you fall under the condemnation in Jude 1:4. You become a cloud without water. God can change you but you must pick up your cross, deny yourself and follow Jesus (Being willing to surrender all). The moment you do… is when you will see a change in your life. But if you think you can set out to sin and still be saved there will be no change for you. Jesus basically tells us that the slave to sin will not abide in the house forever (i.e. the house of Christ) (See: John 8:34-35 then compare it with Matthew 13:41-42).

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all:

Again, some try to just dig their whole deeper in that they hold to the viewpoint that believe does not mean trust (When various dictionaries will tell you this fact).

If you don’t believe the dictionary, then believe your Bible.

John 3:16 says, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

So if believe does not mean trust then John 3:16 cannot save you. We are to trust and believe ALL of God’s words and not just in the person of Jesus for salvation. For we cannot reject certain words of the LORD and claim to be in a right standing with Him. Again, today many are still ignoring the very words of Jesus like Matthew 5:28-30, Matthew 6:15, Matthew 12:37.

Again…. READ THESE VERSES for yourselves!!!!
Read them multiple times in prayer.
Ask God to give you His Spirit to understand what He is saying.
If you believe God’s Word plainly as it is written… you will discover that Jesus is warning how sin can destroy our souls.
One cannot deny this truth in Scripture or they are in spiritual danger not being able to warn others properly about sin and salvation (Letting others slip and fall into the very pits of hell itself). Love. Love your neighbor by warning of them this truth that many today try to erase and or ignore.
there you go again. Falsley accusing people.

If you can;t repent of your sin of bearing false witness. How can we believe you repented of anything?

Reactions: mailmandan

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all:

Post #337 is saying that belief is not trust. I believe this poster made this claim as a hollow attempt to bring down my claim that “Perpetual Belief Alone Salvationism” is false (i.e. that a belief or trust in Jesus as our Savior). However, if we truly believe God’s words, they will change us. Believing God’s words involves a level of trust that is automatic. Nobody can truly believe if they are not trusting. Somebody is not believing God’s words if they say they believe them and yet they don’t trust them. Post #337 attempts to divorce belief from the word trust. This is simply not the case if one looks at the dictionary and the Bible itself. So there are no false accusations on my part if the poster is still claiming post #337 is still true. So even their own false accusations are not founded upon any kind of rational truth that would align with a dictionary or the Bible. Then again, I am not surprised this kind of thing happens. Jesus said we would be accused of falsely.

Believing (or trusting) Jesus will not save a person if they also justify sin on some level. For if we do not receive the words of Jesus, those words will judge us on the last day (John 12:48); And Jesus basically said that the slave to sin will not abide in the house forever (i.e. the house of Christ forever) (See: John 8:34-35). We see this in Matthew 13:41-42.

The Son of Man (Jesus) will send forth His angels and they will gather out of
His Kingdom all who do iniquity and they will be cast into the furnace of fire (i.e. the Lake of Fire) (See again: Matthew 13:41-42). Most Christians today do not believe these words by the Lord Jesus Christ (if they are even aware of them).

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all:

Again, do not let these people distract you away from the words of Jesus in Matthew 5:22, Matthew 5:28-30, Matthew 6:15, Matthew 12:37, Matthew 25:31-46, Luke 9:62, etcetera. They do not believe these words by our Lord Jesus. They don’t think sin can destroy your soul in the afterlife as Jesus clearly taught.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all:

Post #337 is saying that belief is not trust.

You just make it easier

post 337!! Where the poster said MULTIPLE times. Belief is MORE than just mere belief. IT IS TRUST. as you can see in the quoted Post 337 not only in bold. but collored red. the wpord trust is used multiple times.

for anyone willing, this poster just hurts himself over and over again

1. There is no such things as belief alone
2. mere belief in God will never save anyone. No one is saved because they believe they are a sinner, and jesus died on a cross and was raised.
3. People are saved because they have become poor in spirit. They have trusted (not just believed) God in the fact they are a sinner. They have trusted (not just believed) God when God said because of their sin they are cursed. They have trusted (not just believed) god when God tells them they have no hope. that they cannot save themselves. and no amount of work will bring about their salvation. they can try to climb the stairway to heaven with all their might, but they will fail. They are lost, in the middle of an ocean and will die unless they are saved,,and there is only one thing that will save them..They finally trust God when he says he came not to judge them, but to save them, that God sent his only son, who paid for their sin. that through that son, they may be saved. That if they humble themselves and become like the tax collector. they will be saved, and he will give them eternal life based on the hope of salvation, which he has personally given them the seal of the spirit as a pledge
4. People who trust God with their eternity, WILL trust God in other areas of their lives. Eternity is the hardest thing to trust in. so smaller things like praying, studying, going to church, changing their sin habits, they will trust also. these are works.. so as you can see. no one will have faith in God for eternity without trusting him in other areas. for this FACT, no one who has true faith will be devoid of works

Sadly, mr highlighter here proves he does not have this type of faith in God. He is not working BECAUSE he is saved, because he trusts God for eternal life. He is working in order to gain eternal life. because he lacks faith in the work of God who promises to save him completely

so please. Do not buy into mr highlighters propoganda

Once again Mr Highlighter is shown to bear false witness.. If he continues with his slanderous lies and false information. He will be reported to the mods..

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The attack that was made was against my claim of the existence of “Protestant Perpetual Belief Alone Salvationism.”

Belief is trust. There is no such thing as a belief in God’s Word without trust. To truly believe is to trust God’s Word. Holding to only certain truths in the Bible is unbelief. The Bible does not give us the option of going hybrid (i.e. a belief mingled in with unbelief). There are people admitted to me that they believe the Bible is true but they have not submitted to the Lord Jesus Christ as their Savior. This is simply unbelief. They don’t really believe. A person who truly believes God will trust God and His Word completely. They will not only accept Jesus as their Savior but they will believe all of His words and follow Him. So when I talk about a Belief involving Scripture, I am talking about the faith and a trust in God ultimately. But when I refer to “Perpetual Belief Alone Salvationism” I referencing it as a false belief that wrongfully isolates certain verses of the Bible from a wrong perspective at the disbelief of other verses in the Bible (Which is ultimately unbelief).

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The attack that was made was against my claim of the existence of “Protestant Perpetual Belief Alone Salvationism.”

Belief is trust. There is no such thing as a belief in God’s Word without trust. To truly believe is to trust God’s Word. Holding to only certain truths in the Bible is unbelief. The Bible does not give us the option of going hybrid (i.e. a belief mingled in with unbelief). There are people admitted to me that they believe the Bible is true but they have not submitted to the Lord Jesus Christ as their Savior. This is simply unbelief. They don’t really believe. A person who truly believes God will trust God and His Word completely. They will not only accept Jesus but they will believe all of His words and follow Him. So when I talk about a Belief involving Scripture, I am talking about the faith and a trust in God ultimately. But when I refer to “Perpetual Belief Alone Salvationism” I referencing it as a false belief that wrongfully isolates certain verses of the Bible from a wrong perspective at the disbelief of other verses in the Bible (Which is ultimately unbelief).
you have been reported.

I am sick of your lies. Try reading what is posted and stop falsly accusing people. when you blatently falesly accuse people. You should be held accountable

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
May the Lord Jesus bless everyone here.
I merely expressing my opinion to all here and not anyone specific (that is unique to them outside of a generally held belief). My disagreement is ultimately with the wrong belief in general and not any particular individual. A person may share in a popular wrong belief but it is not wrong to express my opinion about a belief I feel is wrong. Some may somehow think I may be accusing them falsely but I really don’t see how that is so. In other words if I say there is a false belief like Perpetual Belief Alone Salvationism and one attacks that label of mine saying belief is not trust, I have a right to defend my opinion instead of being silenced (if it comes down to that). I hold to the view that Perpetual Belief Alone Salvationism is false and yet I do understand that even in this false belief there involves trust (all be it would a false trust or false hope - IMHO).

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
May the Lord Jesus bless everyone here.
I merely expressing my opinion to all here and not anyone specific (that is unique to them outside of a generally held belief). My disagreement is ultimately with the wrong belief in general and not any particular individual. A person may share in a popular wrong belief but it is not wrong to express my opinion about a belief I feel is wrong. Some may somehow think I may be accusing them falsely but I really don’t see how that is so. In other words if I say there is a false belief like Perpetual Belief Alone Salvationism and one attacks that label of mine saying belief is not trust, I have a right to defend my opinion instead of being silenced (if it comes down to that). I hold to the view that Perpetual Belief Alone Salvationism is false and yet I do understand that even in this false belief there involves trust (all be it would a false trust or false hope - IMHO).
Not so fast. You directed your attack to a specific post. which was mine, and accused me.. No repentance and you continued to attack then said I attacked you.

now your saying it was not directed an anyone. Your lies just get deeper

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In good conscience, I don’t believe I have falsely accused anyone here. I am willing to admit when I am wrong even by others who to treat me unfairly. I believe my words are fair in light of what was said.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all:

First, I love you all in Jesus Christ. Second a particular post here is not unique to holding to a unique isolated singular indivIdual view that my claim of “Perpetual Belief Alone Salvationism” is not true because they say there is no such thing as “belief alone” but it is “trust alone.” I imagine there many who would agree with this particular post. So it’s not personal or a unique attack upon one sole human being here. I explained there is no such thing as a belief that does not involve trust (even if that trust may be true or false). Difference of opinion on viewpoints can lead to heated disagreements and can lead folks thinking the wrong thing.

If I misunderstood what was written, I will be happy to apologize. But from my perspective so far, I don’t see any false accusations I have made towards anyone specific alone (outside a particular held general belief).

May God bless you all.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In good conscience, I don’t believe I have falsely accused anyone here. I am willing to admit when I am wrong even by others who to treat me unfairly. I believe my words are fair in light of what was said.

here is a direct accusation claiming post # 337 is saying belief is NOT TRUST

To all:

Post #337 is saying that belief is not trust. I believe this poster made this claim as a hollow attempt to bring down my claim that “Perpetual Belief Alone Salvationism” is false (i.e. that a belief or trust in Jesus as our Savior).

its one things to make a post because you failed to read it. but when you were SHOWN the post the SECOND time having the words highlighted to you. and STILL falsly accused.

You were in error and in sin

once again, post 337:

for anyone willing, this poster just hurts himself over and over again

2. mere belief in God will never save anyone. No one is saved because they believe they are a sinner, and jesus died on a cross and was raised.
3. People are saved because they have become poor in spirit. They have trusted (not just believed) God in the fact they are a sinner. They have trusted (not just believed) God when God said because of their sin they are cursed. They have trusted (not just believed) god when God tells them they have no hope. that they cannot save themselves. and no amount of work will bring about their salvation. they can try to climb the stairway to heaven with all their might, but they will fail. They are lost, in the middle of an ocean and will die unless they are saved,,and there is only one thing that will save them..They finally trust God when he says he came not to judge them, but to save them, that God sent his only son, who paid for their sin. that through that son, they may be saved. That if they humble themselves and become like the tax collector. they will be saved, and he will give them eternal life based on the hope of salvation, which he has peronally given them the seal of the spirit as a pledge
4. People who trust God with their eternity, WILL trust God in other areas of their lives. Eternity is the hardest thing to trust in. so smaller things like praying, studying, going to church, changing their sin habits, they will trust also. these are works.. so as you can see. no one will have faith in God for eternity without trusting him in other areas. for this FACT, no one who has true faith will be devoid of works

Sadly, mr highlighter here proves he does not have this type of faith in God. He is not working BECAUSE he is saved, because he trusts God for eternal life. He is working in order to gain eternal life. because he lacks faith in the work of God who promises to save him completely

so please. Do not buy into mr highlighters propoganda

so keep trying to deny you did what you did my friend.. Your not getting away with it..

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, no false accusation was made.

#1 listed in a particular post that basically says “there is no belief alone” and then it leads into talking about “trust alone” which to this poster appeared to be different by my use of that word.

My label of “Perpetual Belief Alone Salvationism” was attacked in that my mention of the word belief is not trust (when that is not what I was saying). I know full well that most Protestants believe a real belief is actually a trust in Jesus and His finished work. I just see their trust (belief) as misplaced and not found in the Bible. The dictionary defines a belief as trust. So that is how I understand that word. We cannot make words out to be whatever we like. John 3:16 uses “believes” (continual belief) as implying trust because all belief involves a level of trust.

So to say that there is no belief alone (trust alone) when many Protestants believe that is simply not true. You cannot believe something without a level trust involved.

Trust alone is not separate from a belief alone.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, no false accusation was made.

#1 listed in a particular post that basically says “there is no belief alone” and then it leads into talking about “trust alone” which to this poster appeared to be different by my use of that word.

My label of “Perpetual Belief Alone Salvationism” was attacked in that my mention of the word belief is not trust (when that is not what I was saying). I know full well that most Protestants believe a real belief is actually a trust in Jesus and His finished work. I just see their trust (belief) as misplaced and not found in the Bible. The dictionary defines a belief as trust. So that is how I understand that word. We cannot make words out to be whatever we like. John 3:16 uses “believes” (continual belief) as implying trust because all belief involves a level of trust.

So to say that there is no belief alone (trust alone) when many Protestants believe that is simply not true. You cannot believe something with a level trust involved.

Trust alone is not separate from a belief alone.
Unrepentant, excuse maker.

own up when you make a mistake.. I am done.. If you can;t confess when you are flat out caught. There is nothing you can offer me..

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read through the comments again and I don’t see how I falsely accused anyone here.

If somebody else besides the accuser could help me to see something I am missing it would be greatly appreciated. For I believe it is wrong to falsely accuse and if I did so without realizing it, I would like to sincerely know; That way, I would apologize (if such is the case).

If someone else besides the accuser truly believes I have falsely accused here, I would appreciate the help in them explaining what I have missed (if such a thing is true).

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe I misunderstood a particular post here but I don’t believe I falsely accused. In either case, I see this as a distraction away from the real point that keeps getting ignored here. Most in the Perpetual Belief Alone Salvation Camp do not believe the words of Jesus when He warned us about how sin can destroy our souls in Matthew 5:22, Matthew 5:28-30, Matthew 6:15, Matthew 12:37, Matthew 25:31-46, and Luke 9:62.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, nobody here has taken up the challenge to show if I did anything wrong here.
This should speak volumes.
Second, I read through the recent post again and I don’t see how I falsely accused here.

Let’s review the stated words here:

A particular post in this thread stated - >>>

2. mere belief in God will never save anyone.
3. People are saved becauseThey have trusted (not just believed) God.

My response:

1. Based on the above post, the author of this post clearly believes belief in God is different from trusting God.
2. My viewpoint on a belief vs. trust IS DIFFERENT than the author of this post because I base my belief on the dictionary and the Bible.
3. I am NOT claiming belief is different than trusting (Unlike the author of the post who believes differently).
4. I believe belief and trust are THE SAME. This means I have a different viewpoint than the author of the post.
5. Dictionary.com says belief IS trust. So they are NOT DIFFERENT (from how I understand words defined in a dictionary).
6. John 3:16 says God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life. So if a belief does not save anyone (according to the author of a particular post here) than why does John 3:16 use this word instead of trust? I choose to side with the Bible and not what anyone else says.
7. I love the author of this post in Jesus Christ (even if we may disagree, etcetera).​

So the claim that I have falsely accused has been debunked.
Any further claims that I need to repent, or that I am a false accuser needs to address each of the points I made above in very specific detail.

In any event, again I want to stress that I do love the author of this poster in the name of Jesus Christ.

May God bless you all.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are to trust and believe ALL of God’s words and not just in the person of Jesus for salvation. For we cannot reject certain words of the LORD and claim to be in a right standing with Him. Again, today many are still ignoring the very words of Jesus like Matthew 5:28-30, Matthew 6:15, Matthew 12:37.
You can take it a step further by the fact that Jesus Christ is the Word: He is the Author and Finisher of all Scripture, and to reject any Scripture is to reject Him and His word personally.

The faith of Jesus is not only to believe He is the true God, but is also to believe all Scripture as true, and to be obeyed as Christ Himself.

And since He is the Word Himself, then He is never not speaking, commanding exhorting, as well as rebuking and convicting as necessary.