Does God get bored?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
Well my answer to the person was very similar, that God is not like us humans and we can never fully understand us. But it is clear that in some parts in the bible he is the very opposite of bored. I loved your original post which pointed out that Gods love is to great for us to be bored of us. Have to leave right now so Tom I'll get to you later

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(tim_from_pa;55214)
Does God get bored? He used to ---- all those angels floating around in the sky and all He did was sit in a big chair all the time and look at white clouds and blue sky and a little earth below.Then in Revelation 4 John describes the new heavenly decor that the Lord remodeled it with.In addition God got four-faced angels. That's because he did not like the two-faced ones.
Not one word about curtains there
smile.gif

D

desktop

Does God get bored? I would have to say no, because boredom is something that effects humans, and God isn't human. Then again, it's perfectly natural to wonder about such things. And yes, the Word supports the fact that God knows everything, from beginning to end, and that He even knows the many different paths that each us might take during the course of our lifetimes.

Alpha and Omega

May 11, 2008
(tomwebster;55186)
The question or statement, "So does God not get bored watching all the things when he already knows what is going to happen?" was made in the first post. I answered, "Does He know what is going to happen? If He did, why are we in this flesh age? Why didn't He just destroy all those that were not going to love Him?" You commented, " ...Yes! God already knows every move or thought you will ever have" and "So yes God already knows everything that is going to happen. And he knows every person that will accept him and all that will deny him."I am questioning your last statement, "... he knows every person that will accept him and all that will deny him"If He knows "every person that will accept him and all that will deny him" Why did He put us into this Second earth and heaven age? Why didn't He just destroy Satan and those that followed Satan in the first earth age.PS. I know the answer
Can you expand Tom I am interested to hear what you have to say.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 4:11
Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(Alpha and Omega;55234)
Can you expand Tom I am interested to hear what you have to say.
Yes, I will be expanding on it, this is my busy season though and I'm not in my office very often. As soon as I have some time at home you'll have an answer.Denvers statement on onother thread, "Moving on, the problem that saying God already knows the choice everyone will make is a big one. It sounds terrible to say that God doesn't know, but it sounds just as terrible to suggest that God's letting the torments of this world go on when he already knows who does what.Understanding the answer to this is understanding free will. God created Satan perfect (Isaiah 14 & and Ezekiel 28), but he gave his creation the choice. Satan desired to sit in the mercy seat, the very throne of God. Why would God ever create that which he knew would oppose him?"will give you a start at where I am going.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
First, read Denver's excellent study on the Three worldages so my work is somewhat done: http://www.christianityboard.com/earth-age...-study-t79.html(Another place you will read about the foundation of this earth is Psalm 104)Then re-read my comment:"The question or statement, "So does God not get bored watching all the things when he already knows what is going to happen?" was made in the first post. I answered, "Does He know what is going to happen? If He did, why are we in this flesh age? Why didn't He just destroy all those that were not going to love Him?" You commented, " ...Yes! God already knows every move or thought you will ever have" and "So yes God already knows everything that is going to happen. And he knows every person that will accept him and all that will deny him."I am questioning your last statement, "... he knows every person that will accept him and all that will deny him"If He knows "every person that will accept him and all that will deny him" Why did He put us into this Second earth and heaven age? Why didn't He just destroy Satan and those that followed Satan in the first earth age."In that first earth age, Satan wanted God's seat, he wanted to be God. Michael, the other angel that covereth or protects the Mercy seat, threw Satan off. There was a war fought between Satan and his angels and Michael and his angels (Rev 12), as Denver mentioned. Michael and his angels won. Satan was condemned to perish. God could have destroyed Satan's angels as well but He instead destroyed that age and brought us into this age, in flesh bodies, to see which souls would love Him and which would choose to follow Satan. If God knew which souls would follow Satan, He would not have needed to make us flesh.

D

desktop

What does God know, and why does He know it? The Bible says that God’s understanding is infinite. "Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite." (Psa. 147:5)Strong's translates infinite as unsearchable. God’s knowledge has no boundaries. The Psalmist is saying that God’s knowledge is without limits; it reaches to all men, and to all the thoughts of their hearts, the words of their mouths, and the actions of their lives; it reaches to all things past, that have been, to everything present, and to whatsoever is to come; it includes not only the knowledge of all things that are, or certainly will be, but of all things possible."Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding." (Isa. 40:28)Here (as in Psa. 147:5) the same Hebrew word “ayin” is used, meaning unsearchable, unfathomable. We cannot reach the depths of God’s knowledge.God’s knowledge, unlike ours, does not come in a series of thoughts, one following the other. The events in time do not parade across God’s mind to be viewed event by event. He sees all of history at one glance. God knows everything perfectly and He knows it all at once. He does not grow more intelligent with time. God does not gain or lose knowledge. He cannot grow wiser. He has perfect knowledge. He has had perfect knowledge of everything knowable throughout eternity.The Latin word “omniscience” is often used to define God’s knowledge. The word “omni” is all, and the word “science” is knowledge. Put together it means all-knowledge. God knows every microscopic detail of everything knowable - from beginning to end. Our God “declares the end from the beginning” (Is 46:10). He knows our future acts and decisions, including all our sins – yet He still calls us by name to Himself.Amen.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
(Letsgofishing;55170)
Unique question somebody asked me Since God knows everything, there's nothing that surprises him. When you take away the element of surprise from something, it becomes dull and boring. For example watching a live basketball game is certainly more surprising and interesting than watching a match that you've already watched before. So does God not get bored watching all the things when he already knows what is going to happen?
How could God ever be board when He is completely and totally self sufficient? To say that God gets board is to say that He lacks something.