Does God get bored?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
Unique question somebody asked me Since God knows everything, there's nothing that surprises him. When you take away the element of surprise from something, it becomes dull and boring. For example watching a live basketball game is certainly more surprising and interesting than watching a match that you've already watched before. So does God not get bored watching all the things when he already knows what is going to happen?

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
You ask this like God is just like a human with the same emotions. I believe Gods love is so great that such things would be impossible.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(Letsgofishing;55170)
So does God not get bored watching all the things when he already knows what is going to happen?
Does He know what is going to happen? If He did, why are we in this flesh age? Why didn't He just destroy all those that were not going to love Him

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Letsgofishing;55170)
Unique question somebody asked me Since God knows everything, there's nothing that surprises him. When you take away the element of surprise from something, it becomes dull and boring. For example watching a live basketball game is certainly more surprising and interesting than watching a match that you've already watched before. So does God not get bored watching all the things when he already knows what is going to happen?
Only if he's reading your jokes:):eek:really I agree with Tom

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(tomwebster;55173)
Does He know what is going to happen? If He did, why are we in this flesh age? Why didn't He just destroy all those that were not going to love Him
...Yes! God already knows every move or thought you will ever have. fact

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
God has so many children to watch over... and so many people He would like to make His children... I don't think He could ever get bored. Also... being bored is something that happens when we "don't know what to do." I believe God always knows what to do... Oh, and being bored is usually something that happens as we just seem to waste away at time (not being able to think of something to do). Not only is God outside of time, but the time we have (that He has given us) on Earth, I do not believe God to waste. Jesus was about His Father's business at a time children would usually be getting bored... out with his mother and father, around religious men.So, No, I do not believe God gets bored. He has plenty to do, He is outside of time, and the time He has made isn't being wasted.
smile.gif

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
1 John 3:2020For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things. GOD KNOWS ALL!!!! That is straight from scripture! So yes God already knows everything that is going to happen. And he knows every person that will accept him and all that will deny him. Yet he lets them live on. Gods love is beyond our understanding.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(followerofchrist;55175)
...Yes! God already knows every move or thought you will ever have. fact
Before I answer that question I need to ask you a question. Do know that this is the second heaven and earth age?

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(tomwebster;55179)
Before I answer that question I need to ask you a question. Do know that this is the second heaven and earth age?
Thats wasn't a question, I was stating a fact backed by scripture I provided in my next post.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(followerofchrist;55181)
Thats wasn't a question, I was stating a fact backed by scripture I provided in my next post.
If you can't answer my question I will not answer yours.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(followerofchrist;55185)
What was your question again?The second earth age? If so, then yes I'm aware
The question or statement, "So does God not get bored watching all the things when he already knows what is going to happen?" was made in the first post. I answered, "Does He know what is going to happen? If He did, why are we in this flesh age? Why didn't He just destroy all those that were not going to love Him?" You commented, " ...Yes! God already knows every move or thought you will ever have" and "So yes God already knows everything that is going to happen. And he knows every person that will accept him and all that will deny him."I am questioning your last statement, "... he knows every person that will accept him and all that will deny him"If He knows "every person that will accept him and all that will deny him" Why did He put us into this Second earth and heaven age? Why didn't He just destroy Satan and those that followed Satan in the first earth age.PS. I know the answer

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(tomwebster;55186)
The question or statement, "So does God not get bored watching all the things when he already knows what is going to happen?" was made in the first post. I answered, "Does He know what is going to happen? If He did, why are we in this flesh age? Why didn't He just destroy all those that were not going to love Him?" You commented, " ...Yes! God already knows every move or thought you will ever have" and "So yes God already knows everything that is going to happen. And he knows every person that will accept him and all that will deny him." I am questioning your last statement, "... he knows every person that will accept him and all that will deny him" If He knows "every person that will accept him and all that will deny him" Why did He put us into this Second earth and heaven age? Why didn't He just destroy Satan and those that followed Satan in the first earth age. PS. I know the answer
All I know is God is omniscient! He knows ALL!! Why he does what he does I don't know. But I'm not in the posistion to question him, and neither are you. So whatever you think you know is irrelavent. Scripture already told us God knows ALL!!!!

Red_Letters88

Jan 5, 2008
(tomwebster;55186)
The question or statement, "So does God not get bored watching all the things when he already knows what is going to happen?" was made in the first post. I answered, "Does He know what is going to happen? If He did, why are we in this flesh age? Why didn't He just destroy all those that were not going to love Him?" You commented, " ...Yes! God already knows every move or thought you will ever have" and "So yes God already knows everything that is going to happen. And he knows every person that will accept him and all that will deny him."I am questioning your last statement, "... he knows every person that will accept him and all that will deny him"If He knows "every person that will accept him and all that will deny him" Why did He put us into this Second earth and heaven age? Why didn't He just destroy Satan and those that followed Satan in the first earth age.PS. I know the answer
I would have to say: Because God delights in our obedience. If he wanted robots he could have made them and programmed them each acting like the next. It is in our decisions and our actions (that we make in Christ) that we serve and please God each day.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(tomwebster;55186)
(followerofchrist;55185)
What was your question again?The second earth age? If so, then yes I'm aware
The question or statement, "So does God not get bored watching all the things when he already knows what is going to happen?" was made in the first post.I answered, "Does He know what is going to happen? If He did, why are we in this flesh age? Why didn't He just destroy all those that were not going to love Him?"You commented, " ...Yes! God already knows every move or thought you will ever have" and "So yes God already knows everything that is going to happen. And he knows every person that will accept him and all that will deny him."I am questioning your last statement, "... he knows every person that will accept him and all that will deny him"If He knows "every person that will accept him and all that will deny him" Why did He put us into this Second earth and heaven age? Why didn't He just destroy Satan and those that followed Satan in the first earth age.PS. I know the answerHey Tom, I think you got the wrong person. I think you should aim it at Letsgofishing, not followerofchrist.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(thesuperjag;55189)
Hey Tom, I think you got the wrong person. I think you should aim it at Letsgofishing, not followerofchrist.
If you look at my first post, post #3, you will see that it was directed at "Letsgofishing."

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
Ok Tom your position is a little hazy to me, do you or do you not believe God is ALL knowing? Do you believe he knows ever part of the future already, who will and will not accept him, everything?!

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Does God get bored? He used to ---- all those angels floating around in the sky and all He did was sit in a big chair all the time and look at white clouds and blue sky and a little earth below.Then in Revelation 4 John describes the new heavenly decor that the Lord remodeled it with.In addition God got four-faced angels. That's because he did not like the two-faced ones.