Does God love, or hate unbelievers?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Judas was doomed to destruction, according to the prophetic scriptures.
He also did not repent of his sin.

Matthew 27:3-5 Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders, [4] Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that. [5] And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.

You said “He also did not repent of his sin.”
how do you read the above then?

. He shows no fruits of repentance, He did not give away his blood money payment for the betrayal, he went and bought himself a field.

“he did not give away his blood money payment” … “and he (Judas) cast down the princes of silver in the temple and departed, and went out an hung himself”

how is “he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple” in the OT ‘The Lord said to me “throw it to the potter, [that] magnificent price at which I was valued of them.’ Still OT ‘so I took the thirty silver pieces and threw them to the potter in the house of the LORD’ odd how it lines up with what Judas did by going to them chief priest and elders with the silver pieces and casting them down in the temple.

“I have sinned against innocent blood.” Judas tells the chief priests and elders…the same ones who replied “what is that to us. It is your responsibility.” They took the silver and thinking it wasn’t lawful to put it in the offering, so they bought a field with it.

but what is being discussed in OT concerning “Go throw the silver to the potter in the house of the LORD.” Are “wages” with “go throw the silver to the potter in the house of the Lord.”

Now this man purchased a field with the wages of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst open in the middle and all his entrails gushed out. 19 And it became known to all those dwelling in Jerusalem; so that field is called in their own language, Akel Dama, that is, Field of Blood.)

“field of blood”
yet Judas told them “I have sinned in that I betrayed the innocent blood” doesn’t matter except I don’t see that Judas took the silver and bought the field of blood, instead he cast it to the priests and elders in the temple. I think he (Judas) had a little help from way back in: go to the potter in the House of God and throw the silver in.
Then comes “woe to the shepherds who will not help”

Last edited:

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Matthew 27:3-5 Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders, [4] Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that. [5] And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.

You said “He also did not repent of his sin.”
how do you read the above then?

“he did not give away his blood money payment” … “and he (Judas) cast down the princes of silver in the temple and departed, and went out an hung himself”

how is “he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple” in the OT ‘The Lord said to me “throw it to the potter, [that] magnificent price at which I was valued of them.’ Still OT ‘so I took the thirty silver pieces and threw them to the potter in the house of the LORD’ odd how it lines up with what Judas did by going to them chief priest and elders with the silver pieces and casting them down in the temple.

“I have sinned against innocent blood.” it says the chiefs and priests …the same ones who said “what is that to us. It is your responsibility.” They took the silver and thinking it wasn’t lawful to put it in the offering, so they bought a field with it.

but what is being discussed in OT concerning “Go throw the silver to the potter in the house of the LORD.” Are “wages” with “go throw the silver to the potter in the house of the Lord.”

Now this man purchased a field with the wages of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst open in the middle and all his entrails gushed out. 19 And it became known to all those dwelling in Jerusalem; so that field is called in their own language, Akel Dama, that is, Field of Blood.)

“field of blood”
yet Judas told them “I have sinned in that I betrayed the innocent blood” doesn’t matter except I don’t see that Judas took the silver and bout the field of blood, instead he cast it to them in the temple. I think he had a little help back in: go to the potter in the House of God and throw the silver in.
Then comes “woe to the shepherds who will not help those broken”

Well Peter tells us Judas bought the field with the blood money
Simply just forget all of the above, Jesus calls Judas Iscariot a son of hell, and a devil.
Which means Judas died and went to hell, his own place in hell prepped for him to inhabitat.

Notice the similarity to absolute evil, nothing good about these guys, the first is about Judas, the second about antichrist.
  1. John 17:12
    While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled.
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
  2. 2 Thessalonians 2:3
    Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,
ACTS 1
24 And they prayed and said, “You, O Lord, who know the hearts of all, show which of these two You have chosen
25 to take part in this ministry and apostleship from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.”

And simply acknowledging your sin does not mean you repented of them. People who are reprobates do not repent as they cannot do so, unless God grants them repentance. They also find no place for repentance even though sought with tears. The sorrow of the world brings forth death. Judas was sorrowful but his sorrow led to his suicide death, so by this you also know he did not repent.
The following verse is what Judas had. He said he had sinned against innocent blood, tis true, but he never acknowledged the Christ as the Lord. King of kings and Lord of Lords. Judas did not have a godly induced sorrow as he hung himself.

They are rejected, just like it says of Esau. They are not granted repentance. 2 Timothy 2:23-25

2 Corinthians 7:10
For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.

Hebrews 12
14 Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord: 15 looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled;

16 lest there
be any fornicator or profane person like Esau, who for one morsel of food sold his birthright. 17 For you know that afterward, when he wanted to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no place for repentance, though he sought it diligently with tears.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well Peter tells us Judas bought the field with the blood money
Simply just forget all of the above, Jesus calls Judas Iscariot a son of hell, and a devil.
Which means Judas died and went to hell, his own place in hell prepped for him to inhabitat.

Notice the similarity to absolute evil, nothing good about these guys, the first is about Judas, the second about antichrist.
  1. John 17:12
    While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled.
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
  2. 2 Thessalonians 2:3
    Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,
ACTS 1
24 And they prayed and said, “You, O Lord, who know the hearts of all, show which of these two You have chosen
25 to take part in this ministry and apostleship from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.”

And simply acknowledging your sin does not mean you repented of them. People who are reprobates do not repent as they cannot do so, unless God grants them repentance. They also find no place for repentance even though sought with tears. The sorrow of the world brings forth death. Judas was sorrowful but his sorrow led to his suicide death, so by this you also know he did not repent.
The following verse is what Judas had. He said he had sinned against innocent blood, tis true, but he never acknowledged the Christ as the Lord. King of kings and Lord of Lords. Judas did not have a godly induced sorrow as he hung himself.

They are rejected, just like it says of Esau. They are not granted repentance. 2 Timothy 2:23-25

2 Corinthians 7:10
For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.

Hebrews 12
14 Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord: 15 looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled;

16 lest there
be any fornicator or profane person like Esau, who for one morsel of food sold his birthright. 17 For you know that afterward, when he wanted to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no place for repentance, though he sought it diligently with tears.

you make a strong case. It may seem Judas is way off topic of: does God love or hate unbelievers. But surely Judas would come up along with Esau. Maybe you are right and Judas didn’t repent but was only sorry that he got caught.

Reactions: Scott Downey

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But he does not pour out his wrath on those of us who are truly reborn spiritually and he is also merciful. And the outpouring of wrath does not signify hate as we understand it.

YOu are correct! Gods anger toward His children was fully poured on Jesus on teh cross! Now He is fully free to love us and conform us to Jesus' image.

NO it does not signify hate as we know it! It is far deeper and darker and powerful than human hate goes. It is perfect hatred like He shows His children perfect love!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does God love, or hate unbelievers?
Very interesting. Who knows the mind of God?

I think God loves them. Maybe he sometimes grows impatient with them when they refuse to learn life's lessons. He will discipline them, just as he disciplines us. I think they will come around eventually, and God would know that.

Reactions: Lambano