Does God love, or hate unbelievers?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do we reconcile those above “….can’t you just feel the Love” with
The question was about GOD … it is always dangerous to conflate us with God.

God gets to judge … we don’t.

God has the right to hate His enemies and to punish our enemies … we are called to teach people about God’s love (if they reject His love, they will learn about His wrath soon enough without any help from us needed).

We are rewarded for doing what we were commanded (Love God and Love our neighbor); we are not the “sword of God” sent to deliver His wrath.

So the solution lies in letting God be God and in Christians striving to be LIKE CHRIST.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The question was about GOD … it is always dangerous to conflate us with God.

God gets to judge … we don’t.

God has the right to hate His enemies and to punish our enemies … we are called to teach people about God’s love (if they reject His love, they will learn about His wrath soon enough without any help from us needed).

To be like your Father which is in HEAVEN
that you be the children of the Father.
To me sounds like a “likeness”

Reactions: Lambano

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last edited:

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God loves the believer and unbeliever, hoping that the unbeliever would repent and be baptized into a new creation, go and sin no more, taking up their cross everyday, giving them a chance but if they don't follow what is good and right then there's nothing more left but punishment, they had their chance, a choice, from what I understand.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God loves the believer and unbeliever, hoping that the unbeliever would repent and be baptized into a new creation, go and sin no more, taking up their cross everyday, giving them a chance but if they don't follow what is good and right then there's nothing more left but punishment, they had their chance, a choice, from what I understand.

what I can’t understand and I promise I’m not upset. I’m calm and just talking it through with what others say. What I can’t understand is I could come in here and ask for physical healing…regardless of whether it was for one who believes or one who doesn’t believe. And immediately others will post an agreement for healing. But I can come on here and mention hope for my mother and share I’ll rejoice that God will receive her when she passes, my not being hopeless. And not a person agrees. there real quick to over take any hope and to instead promote the opposite. Not very friendly. You know what I hate? Sitting in a church having a meal with believers, and listening to them discuss all their family members who have chosen to not believe as they believe God. Discussing their “unsaved” family members burning in hell as if it is well-deserved for making the wrong choice of disobedience to God. You don’t see anything strange about that…a table discussing others disobedience while doing what?

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, confuse yourself and God if you want.
Who am I to stop you. :)

see. I’m disobedient to God. You are not. Wow I feel the Love. We are nothing but an arrogant group of back-patting narcissistic geniuses who call themselves Christians by default. No wonder Jesus sat and ate with sinners and publicans.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, confuse yourself and God if you want.
Who am I to stop you. :)

And you’re right @atpollard. At the end of the day when I go through things, the truth is I’ll be alone. However I choose to handle it…even if I confuse myself that is on me. I’ll be one of those I guess others will discuss occasionally, that they sure wish I’d been converted before it was too late. I’m going to go watch t.v. have a good night. Carry on with how much God hates sin.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why reason did God have to dislike Esau?
This is the hate or love of the human heart. As with Cain and his selfish evil sacrifice of the produce of the land, as so with Esau, who was not interested in the ways of God and his Father. He judges the heart as 'good' or evil and evil is hateful to him.

Now the ramifications of this heart condition is God's domain. I will not make a rash judgement on what he will do in our future with those hearts/spirits he calls hateful.

Even as a growing believer in Christ, we alone are not good without the covering of our Savior and Christ.

Reactions: face2face

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
High on a hill was a lonely goatherd
Lay ee odl lay ee odl lay hee hoo
Loud was the voice of the lonely goatherd
Lay ee odl lay ee odl-oo
Folks in a town that was quite remote heard
Lusty and clear from the goatherd's throat heard
Lay ee odl lay ee odl-oo
O ho lay dee odl lee o, o ho lay dee odl ay
O ho lay dee odl lee o, lay dee odl lee o lay
A prince on the bridge of a castle moat heard
Men on a road with a load to tote heard
Lay ee odl lay ee odl-oo
Men in the midst of a table d'hote heard
Men drinking beer with the foam afloat heard
Lay ee odl lay ee odl-oo
One little girl in a pale pink coat heard
She yodeled back to the lonely goatherd
Lay ee odl lay ee odl-oo
Soon her Mama with a gleaming gloat heard
What a duet for a girl and goatherd
Maria and the Children:
Lay ee odl lay ee odl-oo
Ummm (ummm)
Odl lay ee (odl lay ee)
Odl lay hee hee (odl lay hee hee)
Odl lay ee
Yodeling
One little girl in a pale pink coat heard
Lay ee odl lay ee odl lay hoo hoo
She yodeled back to the lonely goatherd
Lay ee odl lay ee odl-oo
Soon her Mama with a gleaming gloat heard
Lay ee odl lay ee odl lay hmm hmm
What a duet for a girl and goatherd
Lay ee odl lay ee odl-oo
Happy are they lay dee olay dee lee o
Yodeling
Soon the duet will become a trio
Lay ee odl lay ee odl-oo
Odl lay ee, old lay ee
Odl lay hee hee, odl lay ee
Odl lay odl lay, odl lay odl lee, odl lay odl lee
Odl lay odl lay odl lay
Hoo!

Reactions: Earburner

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How do we reconcile those above “….can’t you just feel the Love” with
Matthew 5:43-44 You have heard that it has been said, You shall love your neighbour, and hate your enemy. [44] But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Luke 6:27-28 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, [28] Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

Luke 6:35-39 But love you your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and you shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. [36] Be you therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. [37] Judge not, and you shall not be judged: condemn not, and you shall not be condemned: forgive, and you shall be forgiven: [38] Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that you mete withal it shall be measured to you again. [39] And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch?

My fear is that so often it is those saying it is not fair…in regard to want. For example why did they get a penny too? did we not labour more than they? Always a “well that is not fair” didn’t we do more? To look at our enemies, those that cut the deepest and say “well I thought …a cursing on them! look over here God, we are the group that did well. Why are they blessed?” “Why are they blessed” seems to be a continuous question?
God's words say when you do that, burning coals of fire are on the heads of the wicked, and when they do not receive your testimony wipe the dust of the place off of your feet, as a testimony against them on the Day of Judgement.

Romans 12
19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. 20 Therefore

“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
If he is thirsty, give him a drink;
For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.”

21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

AND

1. Matthew 10:14
    And whoever will not receive you nor hear your words, when you depart from that house or city, shake off the dust from your feet.
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
  2. Mark 6:11
    And whoever will not receive you nor hear you, when you depart from there, shake off the dust under your feet as a testimony against them. Assuredly, I say to you, it will be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city!”
  3. Luke 9:5
    And whoever will not receive you, when you go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet as a testimony against them.”
  4. Luke 10:11
    ‘The very dust of your city which clings to us we wipe off against you. Nevertheless know this, that the kingdom of God has come near you.’
  5. Acts 13:51
    But they shook off the dust from their feet against them, and came to Iconium.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Herein is wisdom from God, give place to wrath, do not take vengeance on those who despitefully use you. but do good to all men. The Lord is the great Judge, and he will give a full recompense against the wicked. Coals on their head speaks to their destined future in hell.

Proverbs 25:21-22
New King James Version
21 If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat;
And if he is thirsty, give him water to drink;
22 For so you will heap coals of fire on his head,
And the Lord will reward you.

Psalm 11:6
Upon the wicked He will rain coals; Fire and brimstone and a burning wind Shall be the portion of their cup.

Psalm 140:9-11
New King James Version

9 “As for the head of those who surround me,
Let the evil of their lips cover them;
10 Let burning coals fall upon them;
Let them be cast into the fire,
Into deep pits, that they rise not up again.
11 Let not a slanderer be established in the earth;
Let evil hunt the violent man to overthrow him.

Isaiah 47:13-14
13 You are wearied in the multitude of your counsels;
Let now the astrologers, the stargazers,
And the monthly prognosticators
Stand up and save you
From what shall come upon you.
14 Behold, they shall be as stubble,
The fire shall burn them;
They shall not deliver themselves
From the power of the flame;
It shall not be a coal to be warmed by,
Nor a fire to sit before!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's words say when you do that, burning coals of fire are on the heads of the wicked, and when they do not receive your testimony wipe the dust of the place off of your feet, as a testimony against them on the Day of Judgement.
It also says
Matthew 10:42 And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.

You said
Coals on their head speaks to their destined future in hell.
I don’t think so. Just an opinion but I’ve read all those same verses you quoted…give unto your enemies drink when thirsty, and food when hungry …you said giving them something to drink when thirsty and something to eat when hungry proves their destined future in hell …then we all would be destined for hell because Christ stood and cried in the last day: “Let him who thirst come and drink, and let him who hungers come and eat bread” as you also were enemies but obtain mercy…the Lord will reward.
2 Corinthians 13:10 Therefore I write these things being absent, lest being present I should use sharpness, according to the power which the Lord hath given me to edification, and not to destruction.

Many churches today call “Holy Spirit come and fall on this place” …what is this with giving of drink when one is thirsty, and food when one is hungry? Does the Lord come to reward destruction or edification? A lot of questions. But personally I don’t see giving your enemies drink for thirst and bread when hungry is sending them to a futuristic hell…I say it again because Christ Jesus gave His enemies drink for thirst, and bread for hunger…yet they gave Him gall and bitterness for His “I thirst”…see that is what we say of Christ that He gives His enemies “gall and bitterness” to drink in their thirst. Did He? Or did they?

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Herein is wisdom from God, give place to wrath, do not take vengeance on those who despitefully use you. but do good to all men. The Lord is the great Judge, and he will give a full recompense against the wicked. Coals on their head speaks to their destined future in hell.

Proverbs 25:21-22
New King James Version
21 If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat;
And if he is thirsty, give him water to drink;
22 For so you will heap coals of fire on his head,
And the Lord will reward you.

Psalm 11:6
Upon the wicked He will rain coals; Fire and brimstone and a burning wind Shall be the portion of their cup.

Psalm 140:9-11
New King James Version

9 “As for the head of those who surround me,
Let the evil of their lips cover them;
10 Let burning coals fall upon them;
Let them be cast into the fire,
Into deep pits, that they rise not up again.
11 Let not a slanderer be established in the earth;
Let evil hunt the violent man to overthrow him.

Isaiah 47:13-14
13 You are wearied in the multitude of your counsels;
Let now the astrologers, the stargazers,
And the monthly prognosticators
Stand up and save you
From what shall come upon you.
14 Behold, they shall be as stubble,
The fire shall burn them;
They shall not deliver themselves
From the power of the flame;
It shall not be a coal to be warmed by,
Nor a fire to sit before!

let evil hunt him…

question…why does anytime dealing with destruction of the flesh or destruction of evil works, or even teaching not to blasphemy God …why is it always turn them over to Satan? Let Satan do the tearing down of? Let Satan have the destruction of it —to lie, steal and destroy. To bite tear and consume.
Yet that they may return to God…for what? The receiving of, for mercy, for restoration and rebuilding what who tore down? Then the question I have is who is our master: the one who tears down and destroys. Or the One who builds again what has been torn down? That is what I keep going on about..who do we promote God is…why turn them over to satan? Who torments?

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find it odd that the insurrectionists on the right and left of his cross where both saying what the Pharisees were saying.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 27:44 KJV
[44] The thieves also, which were crucified with him, cast the same in his teeth.

And the robbers also that were crucified with him cast upon him the same reproach.

Makes me think of
Romans 15:1-3 We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves. [2] Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification. [3] For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me.