Does Jesus give people a 2nd chance after death?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel this is a much debated subject.
People like to read more into Scripture than what is there.
I've read of pastors who believe Jesus gives everyone a 2nd chance after death because he doesn't want anyone to go to hell.
some believe that when Jesus went to hell, he preached the Gospel and gave everyone from old a 2nd chance.
But the Bible doesn't say that.
Or does it.
Anyone have anything to say about this?
If the end can truly be called the end...what could possibly happen after the end?

Indeed, we shall sing a new song. But there is no encore after the final act of this world, no second chances, no do-overs. The end, is the end. Forever.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the end can truly be called the end...what could possibly happen after the end?

Indeed, we shall sing a new song. But there is no encore after the final act of this world, no second chances, no do-overs. The end, is the end. Forever.

When is the end?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are speaking of Physically Alive men, spiritually separated from God.

I was speaking of Physicaly Dead men, VOID of "their LIFE", which is "their" BLOOD.

You are speaking of Christ's Blood.

I was speaking of Mankinds Blood.

We are not speaking of the SAME THINGS.

God Bless,
Taken

But they will rise for judgement?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When is the end?
Paul eluded to the end when he proclaimed that each comes, "each in his own order." And before that, Jesus also eluded to the end when He proclaimed that "No one knows the day nor the hour."

There is only one time that meets this criteria: death. For every other time of life can be known...if not before, after.

Reactions: Nancy

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, Some to everlasting life, Some to shame and everlasting contempt." ...would indicate that judgement actually happens before the resurrection.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, Some to everlasting life, Some to shame and everlasting contempt." ...would indicate that judgement actually happens before the resurrection.

1 Peter 4:17-18
[17] For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? [18] And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

But it is still confusing.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes. Their (unglorified) body, void of its life (ie it's blood), is risen from the grave, sent to hell, their living soul (in hell) imparted into their body, and they shall stand in Stand before the Judge, ie the body of Jesus, and then by seeing, they shall bow to Him, Judged, by (evidence) of what is written in Gods Books.
Their Name is blotted out of Gods Book of Life, for rejecting God.
Their Name was never entered into the Lambs Book of Life, for not having Accepted Christ Jesus.

IOW the Books do not reveal evidence of THEIR Life.

Life in their soul shall be departed their soul, and by default is departed out of their body...
And LIFE that was IN their "living soul", is Life that belongs to God, and thus returns to God, and their Body and Soul, VOID of Life, destroyed.

God Bless,
Taken

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except that the context makes it clear that Christ preached to the spirits in prison AFTER His crucifixion and before His resurrection.

For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh [crucified], but quickened by the Spirit [entered Hades]: By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison...

But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth [Hades]. (Mt 12:39,40)

He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell [Hades], neither his flesh did see corruption.
This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
(Acts 2:31,32)
All of these details and explanations. What is it we have to know? What is it have to believe? What is it we have to do?

Jesus indeed descended into the hell, the hell where mankind lives from day to day, the hell where all of us have been since being born to our natural mothers. Jesus came into this when he was born in Bethlehem, into this hell. He came to make a Way for us when there was no way. Who else should we follow?

Where would we or could we all be if it were not for all the mish mash of notions that our carnal teachers and the man educated theologians have taught us with regard to the scriptures? As to time and timing, all of us are running out. Before long for us time shall be no more.

I most certainly don't have all the answers to all of the questions, but I hope that I have left enough junk behind so that I can walk toward the Light of God's Truth. What are the important things?

Are we even allowed to question the some say is unquestionable? Will our lack of questions in the right places not cause some of us to needlessly follow someone, a leader or leadership, into a ditch?

The answer is not that "context makes it clear", but rather, I cannot make my way alone so I am following the One who knows the Way.

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

"Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me." Matt 19:21

What do we have to sell? How about everything that stands between us and God? Take off the blinders and remove the ear plugs!

"For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them." Matt 13:15

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service." Rom 12:1

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[17] For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? [18] And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

It is written that "the saints will judge the world"...therefore, the judgement is not after the end of the world, but before.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Philippians 2:10
10 "That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11. And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. "

Reactions: ScottA

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Not at all. There are 4 destinies listed in 2 distinct resurrections/judgments

The house of God at the BEMA seat is judged at the first resurrection...with 2 outcomes....honour and shame.

Then the world is judged at the GWT or 2nd (last) resurrection....the righteous to life in the nations and the wicked to the lake of fire.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul eluded to the end when he proclaimed that each comes, "each in his own order." And before that, Jesus also eluded to the end when He proclaimed that "No one knows the day nor the hour."

There is only one time that meets this criteria: death. For every other time of life can be known...if not before, after.
Hmm, interesting...never looked at these verses in any other light than His 2nd coming and/or the "rapture". Food for my thoughts ty :)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 2:10
10 "That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11. And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. "

Yes, that shall come to pass.
The "things" under the earth, ARE dead body's who rejected Christ, while in their own Blood Life, and shall confess Christ, VIA the life of the Living soul, imparted into their bodies.
All souls belong to God.
All Life belongs to God.
Yes, the "thing" under the earth, with the Lords SOUL and Lords LIFE in the SOUL shall confess Jesus Christ is Lord....
Which is NOT a confession unto Salvation.

God Bless,
Taken

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Peter 3:18-20
[18] For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: [19] By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; [20] Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

With longsuffering God waited for the preparing of the Ark....and went to tell the “sometimes disobedient”.

In the days of Noah, only eight souls were saved by water. ONLY eight. But the risen Christ...the New Ark...the “Just” for the “unjust”. Do you believe God waited with “longsuffering” to preach doom to them? Or do you believe it was evil spirits of demons God waited with “longsuffering” to see they are also doomed?
It doesn't matter what I believe.
I believe the
Bible, period.