Does Jesus still pray to God? Will he forevermore pray to God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Would you say then that the man was an “it”?

I doubt it. I don’t see how that would work in his theology. Perhaps he’ll confirm that for me and our readers.

What about me?

I do. It works perfectly and precisely with my theology. The theological concept is known as “notional” or “ideal” preexistence.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Light vs the Heavy....

The Light...

The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. - Romans 10:8-10

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? - Micah 6:8

The Heavy....

1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child. - Revelation 12

This thread is as heavy as Revelation 12. We can all build imaginations of the workings of God, Christ Jesus, the woman, the serpent, the arch angels.... But it would likely be unique imaginations.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
When it comes to the truth, God is IT.

It will be easier for you just to say,
I don't want to believe IT.

God is a person, not an it.

It will be necessary for you, as long as you hold onto your theology, to reject it.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
A question I frequently ask myself: Would Jesus believe ”it” (whatever the “it” in question might be.)

The principle: If he would, I will. If he wouldn’t, I won’t.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The question is, does Jesus believe you.
You are certainly going to find out firsthand.
That is the beauty of all these people posting what they believe on all these bible forums.
They are going to find out first hand if they were right or wrong.

I’m certain that Jesus believes me.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You went to bible college and you know all the translations
and your God is the God of Jesus Christ …

With the exception of knowing all the translations, so I’ve said. Thank you for taking my word for it.

… so tell me,
who is the prince in

Ezekiel​

Chapter 46?​

First, please tell me what you believe the connection is between your good question and the topic of this thread?

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.

Yeshua , Emmanuel returned to heaven. Scripture says he now sits at the right hand of the Father. However, when Jesus was God the Father that reference means he returned to his power. Because in Judaism the right , hand, is symbolic of power., the hand of power.

Jesus wasn't praying to himself when he prayed. He was a Jewish male comporting himself as was expected of a Jewish male.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t think many, if any, would challenge the assertion that Jesus prayed for his followers during the time frame of his earthly ministry.

“If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me.” - Robert Murray M’Cheyenne

Jesus is presently sitting at the right hand of God in heaven. Does he still pray to God? Will he forevermore?

M’Cheyenne obviously believed that he does still pray to God. (So do I.)

“Yet distance makes no difference.”

M’Cheyenne was speaking about the physical proximity of Jesus to his followers in the 1st century and the physical proximity of Jesus to his followers in all subsequent centuries making no difference. The spiritual proximity is the same.

I’m thinking about the physical proximity of Jesus to God then (on earth, in the 1st century) and the physical proximity of Jesus to God now (in heaven, since the 1st century). The physical proximity has changed but the spiritual proximity remains the same.

Those are understandable assumptions.

But to properly understand Jesus praying to the Father, one must first understand that He was with the Father and God "before the foundation of the world." Also, that like all people born of women (including Christ)...we were and are born of an "image." We are like little wallet size pics of God. Again, including Christ.

Thus, there are two contexts to consider: 1) heaven where God is God and all things are in Him, and 2) this world where everything is an image made manifest of what is otherwise in God. Meaning that Jesus' prayers (and ours) are communication back through the mirror, all of which are a form of request to return to heavenly status. As such, some prayers are better than others.

If one knows what they are asking, and of whom, prayers are greatly more appropriate.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, who was not an attribute of a person, not a separate person.
But was Jesus the man who
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

I am guilty as charged,
I idolize Jesus. He is the Idol of my life.
He is my God.

He not only rescued me
but He made me a King and Priest.
I am with Him.

You suit your own self.
There are some very strange ideas on this forum, don't you find?

Jesus was God. There's no denying that. The charge of Idolatry for acknowledging what God made possible isn't actually the insult it is intended to be.

Isaiah 43:11
I, yes I, am the LORD, and there is no Savior but Me.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I think it will not belong till you will be living the truth.

How much of the teaching of Herbert W. Armstrong / Worldwide Church of God besides his concept of God have you retained?

I long ago rejected his idea of living the truth.

If I’ve inadvertently given you the impression that I’m close to it, I’m sorry. That wasn’t my intention in speaking with you about your theology.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
To know God, you have to be taught by God. I do not believe anyone on this forum
has been taught by God, except I.

That’s the most significant post you’ve ever made on this forum. Every member and reader of the forum should read and remember it.