Does Jesus still pray to God? Will he forevermore pray to God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I don’t think many, if any, would challenge the assertion that Jesus prayed for his followers during the time frame of his earthly ministry.

“If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me.” - Robert Murray M’Cheyenne

Jesus is presently sitting at the right hand of God in heaven. Does he still pray to God? Will he forevermore?

M’Cheyenne obviously believed that he does still pray to God. (So do I.)

“Yet distance makes no difference.”

M’Cheyenne was speaking about the physical proximity of Jesus to his followers in the 1st century and the physical proximity of Jesus to his followers in all subsequent centuries making no difference. The spiritual proximity is the same.

I’m thinking about the physical proximity of Jesus to God then (on earth, in the 1st century) and the physical proximity of Jesus to God now (in heaven, since the 1st century). The physical proximity has changed but the spiritual proximity remains the same.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“Who is going to condemn?

It is the Messiah, Jesus, who has died, or rather has been raised;
who is at God’s right hand, and who also prays on our behalf!”

(Romans 8:34, NTFE)

Reactions: APAK and Lambano

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The Spirit of God in any being and God are one in the same, therefore any thing taking place
concerning the being with the Spirit of God, is God. Just as when the Spirit gives utterance by
me, it is not me, it is God. So the answer to your question is Jesus never prayed to His Father,
the Spirit of His Father to which was His Spirit, prayed for Him.

I don't think they teach this in Bible College.

I love God's Sabbaths.

I’m not aware of any Bible College or Seminary that teaches neither we nor Jesus himself ever pray to the Father.

Reactions: APAK

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
That is because the only way you can know the Lord and the truth, is
by the anointing which you have received of him abides in you, and you
need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teaches you of all things, and is truth,
and is no lie, and even as it has taught you, you shall abide in him.

That is why.

No one on earth loves God more than I.

In view of your apparent position that prayer is not something that man does, what would you offer for consideration as a simple definition of prayer?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“We should never give advice until we have prayed about the matter.” - Charles Spurgeon

I’m trying to reconcile this thought with the thought that prayer is something that man doesn’t do.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From my understanding we are to worship Yahavah and pray in Jesus name. With Jesus no longer being on the right hand throne, it seems we continue to pray openly to God having access to him by and through the death, burial, and resurrection of the Lord Yeshua and his victory? Does Jesus have victory every time in the narrative? And does Jesus continue to pray to the Father in that narrative? Yes.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Since I never said so much as so, how did you come to this understanding of my words?

Jesus is a man. I came to it from what you wrote about Jesus (in addition to what you wrote in the post about yourself. You were also silent in correcting it when I mentioned it in post #4.)

So the answer to your question is Jesus never prayed to His Father, the Spirit of His Father to which was His Spirit, prayed for Him.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There were at times three arch angels under the Great Father God...

1. Gabriel - With his third of the angels
2. Michael - With his third of the angels
3. Lucifer - With his third of the angels

There will, I believe afterwards, be three arch angels under the Great Father God

1. Christ Jesus- With his third of the elect humans
3. Gabriel - With his third of the angels

Christ Jesus being the one above all spirits under God the Father. We will have to wait and see what eternity holds.

The day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. - 2 Peter 3:10

Very soon the mass (m) returns to plasma (E/c2) where something else will be done with it! To plasma energy she returns! To mass she reforms! All we know that that everything will be made new and judging by the size of the universe God has a lot of plasma to work with!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A word is an attribute of a person, not a separate person. Jesus is a person, not an attribute of a person. See the difference? Therefore, Jesus was a person not a word.

Have you ever given any thought to how anything can be with X and be X at the same time? A mystic appeals to mysticism. A fact based person refers to word senses. He saw my friend bob above and below the water whose name is bob. My friend bill was given the bill.
  • bob was what my friend was doing and my friend was bob.
  • the bill was with my friend and bill was my friend.

• Haha
Reactions: Walter24

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, just change subjects when your idolatry is challenged. Not God incarnate but his word was made flesh in fulfillment of Deut 18:15-18.

Scripture says an attribute of God, his word, would be put into the mouth of one chosen among the people. This chosen person was Jesus who affirmed. Not much of a God unable to speak on his own authority.

I don’t speak on my own authority. The Father who sent me has commanded me what to say and how to say it.
John 12:49

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: APAK

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
There were at times three arch angels under the Great Father God...

1. Gabriel - With his third of the angels
3. Lucifer - With his third of the angels

There will, I believe afterwards, be three arch angels under the Great Father God

1. Christ Jesus- With his third of the elect humans
3. Gabriel - With his third of the angels

Christ Jesus being the one above all spirits under God the Father. We will have to wait and see what eternity holds.

The day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. - 2 Peter 3:10

Very soon the mass (m) returns to plasma (E/c2) where something else will be done with it! To plasma energy she returns! To mass she reforms! All we know that that everything will be made new and judging by the size of the universe God has a lot of plasma to work with!

I’m surprised to see Christ Jesus included in your list of three archangels. I learned something about your belief concerning him that I didn’t know before, and I appreciate that.

My question though is this: Do you think he still prays to God? Do you think he will forevermore?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m surprised to see Christ Jesus included in your list of three archangels. I learned something about your belief concerning him that I didn’t know before, and I appreciate that.

My question though is this: Do you think he still prays to God? Do you think he will forevermore?
Christ is our intercessor...
24 But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.
25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens; - Hebrews 7

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

I think I’ve probably mentioned this to you before but I may be mistaken. My view of the prologue in John’s Gospel is reflected in the Geneva Bible translation (and all English translations made directly from the Greek manuscripts published prior to 1611).

”1. In the beginning was that Word, and that Word was with God, and that Word was God.
2. The same was in the beginning with God.
3. All things were made by it, and without it was made nothing that was made.
4. In it was life, and that life was the light of men.
5. And that life shineth in the wilderness, and the darkness comprehended it not.”

I think it’s easy to see how that works with a one-person deity. Does it work with your two-person “God family” deity? If so, I would be interested in understanding how.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Christ is our intercessor...
24 But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.
25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens; - Hebrews 7

I fully agree with that. I understand it to mean that he continues now to pray to God for us.

Forevermore?

In other words, will there ever come a time when we no longer need and intercessor with God himself?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
That Word made flesh was that man who In the beginning was that Word, and that Word was with God, and that Word was God.

Scripture refers to God’s word as “it” but I’m not familiar where God is ever referred to as “it”. That proposition (“God is an it”) certainly falls well outside of my theology; simply put - unthinkable.