Does John 1:1 say Jesus is God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Are you telling me you weren't painting me in a certain light?

I told you that you reminded me of the most important trinitarian in my life. He read the Bible plainly, just as you say you do.

Let's be real, can we?

I’ve always been real.

Yes, I know about the single-horns in the Bible. What's your point? Do you think they weren't real? Is there a credibility issue?

"He died believing in unicorns"

Right-o.

Much love!

I don’t believe in unicorns but the KJV plainly speaks about unicorns. He died believing what he plainly read in KJV.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s why I said I didn’t know and told you what impression you’re giving.
I'm giving? Or you are receiving? I suggest that people often perceive what they are inclined to perceive. Cognitive Bias, they call it. You think that someone is uneducated, and so you see them as uneducated.

I suggest the thing that speaks loudest to you that I'm not educated is my disagreement with your conclusions. And there's no education in the world worth a thing if it causes you to disbelieve the plain sayings of plainly stated Scriptures. But that's just how I see it.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I told you that you reminded me of the most important trinitarian in my life. He read the Bible plainly, just as you say you do.
Yes, I reminded you of a man who believes in unicorns.

Nevermind. I don't actually expect anything here. We can skip past it.

Much love!

Last edited:

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I'm giving? Or you are receiving? I suggest that people often perceive what they are inclined to perceive. Cognitive Bias, they call it. You think that someone is uneducated, and so you see them as uneducated.

I don’t know anything about your level of education. I provided you with feedback about how you’re coming across to me.
I suggest the thing that speaks loudest to you that I'm not educated is my disagreement with your conclusions.

I don’t know if you’re educated or not. Are you?

And there's no education in the world worth a thing if it causes you to disbelieve the plain sayings of plainly stated Scriptures. But that's just how I see it.

Much love!

See unicorns in KJV. It’s as plain as the ink on the paper.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Yes, I reminded you of a man who believes in unicorns.

You remind me of a man who believed in the plain reading of the Bible. He plainly read about unicorns in the Bible and there is nothing anyone could say or do that would convince him that there is no such thing as unicorns.

Nevermind. I don't actually expect anything here. I think we all know what you were saying there. We can skip past it.

Much love!

We can skip past it but you continue to leave me with the impression that you don’t know what I’m saying here. You ascribe motives to me which don’t exist anywhere except in your mind.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See unicorns in KJV. It’s as plain as the ink on the paper.
So is this something else that you find incredible, that there were single-horned animals named in the Bible?

Translated correctly in the KJV as "unicorn", from the Latin word meaning the same. Not to be confused with mythology. Anyway, I said I'd skip past this . . .

Let's get away from the topic of unicorns, and away from the topic of me, and talk about what the Bible says. If you think my hermenuetic is incorrect, or inappropriate, feel free to say so. I'm not KJVO, btw . . .

Much love!

Last edited:

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
So is this something else that you find incredible, that there were single-horned animals named in the Bible?

Read the KJV plainly. Unicorns.

Translated correctly in the KJV as "unicorn", from the Latin word meaning the same. Not to be confused with mythology.

The man died believing in what he plainly read in the Bible - unicorns. He wouldn’t have tolerated you trying to explain away what KJV plainly says. He would have rebuked you for saying KJV doesn’t mean exactly what it says.

Anyway, I said I'd skip past this . . .

Much love!

So much for that. You said you would do something and then you did the thing you said you wouldn’t do. In that respect, you don’t remind me at all of the trinitarian man I’ve alluded to.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible plainly speaks about God sending saviors. I simply asked for your commentary on it.
Quote the passage(s) you have in mind. Do you mean to save them from the Philistines? Or from their sins? Are we looking at apples and oranges?

Much love!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Quote the passage(s) you have in mind.

I’ve quoted it to you multiple times already. Do you not remember? Do you not know without my assistance?

Do you mean to save them from the Philistines? Or from their sins? Are we looking at apples and oranges?

Much love!

I mean what the Bible plainly says when it says Yahweh sent saviors.

You quoted the passage which says there is no savior except Yahweh. “I,” not “we”.

You haven’t quoted any passages, yet, about Yahweh sending saviors but you have ruled out agency.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not your teacher. You either know where it is or you don’t.
And I'm not your mindreader, but I can see the way the wind blows. I can see the direction you've turned. We're done.

Much love!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
And I'm not your mindreader, but I can see the way the wind blows. We're done.

Much love!

We’re done because you’re unable to explain how Yahweh sends saviors when Yahweh himself says that there is no savior besides himself.

For readers who are interested in the question, the answer is agency.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
We're done because you don't keep on your side of the fence.

Much love!

We’re done because your [theological] fence has been torn down and can’t be repaired.

Will you come and visit me if the Board goes the ghettoization route?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.