Does Satan Ever Use People?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I was just talking about in another thread sometimes I do believe that he does. I sort of picture my walk with the Lord to be like a little toddler learning how to run. They might stumble and fall sometimes but then they continue right on running and I recently stumbled and fell because Satan asks me really tough questions sometimes that I honestly don't know how to answer. My heart knows that it wants Jesus and loves Jesus but Satan was just asking me that if people were going to constantly judge me why don't I just give up my Christianity when he can give me the ultimate freedom and power?

That definitely sounded like Satan to me and other than the fact that I love the Lord and I want to go to Heaven to be united with Him and reunited with my other loved ones I don't know why I'm a Christian. Do I have to have another reason of why I'm abandoning doing everything that I really want to do just to try and please the Lord? As funny as it sounds,.. sometimes I feel like Troy Bolton from High School Musical.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I was just talking about in another thread sometimes I do believe that he does. I sort of picture my walk with the Lord to be like a little toddler learning how to run. They might stumble and fall sometimes but then they continue right on running and I recently stumbled and fell because Satan asks me really tough questions sometimes that I honestly don't know how to answer. My heart knows that it wants Jesus and loves Jesus but Satan was just asking me that if people were going to constantly judge me why don't I just give up my Christianity when he can give me the ultimate freedom and power?

That definitely sounded like Satan to me and other than the fact that I love the Lord and I want to go to Heaven to be united with Him and reunited with my other loved ones I don't know why I'm a Christian. Do I have to have another reason of why I'm abandoning doing everything that I really want to do just to try and please the Lord? As funny as it sounds,.. sometimes I feel like Troy Bolton from High School Musical.

in all seriousness and just straight to the point, that was the problem with Judas. "I have chosen 12 of you and yet one of you are of the devil!" so short answer, yes

Last edited:

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With that in mind, even though Satan was the one working behind Judas, God has the plan before the plan and knows from before the time he started and now we have eternal life. romans 8:28

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well,.. I was originally going to ask for prayers to help me get rid of Satan but I just did that on my own. He kept nagging me that I should follow him because he would let me do whatever I want so in not so many words I looked up to Heaven and was like "Dad,.. he's picking on me again make him go away" and he left me alone just like that. Imagine, all I have to do is call on the Father and He's there to help me get rid of him. So in other words Satan bite the dust. :D Fly high Carman and I'll be seeing you on the other side. I already know that now. :)

Last edited:

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well,.. I was originally going to ask for prayers to help me get rid of Satan but I just did that on my own. He kept nagging me that I should follow him because he would let me do whatever I want so in not so many words I looked up to Heaven and was like "Dad,.. he's picking on me again make him go away" and he left me alone just like that. Imagine, all I have to do is call on the Father and He's there to help me get rid of him. So in other words Satan bit the dust. :D Fly high Carman and I'll be seeing you on the other side. I already know that now. :)

oh! wow! i haven't heard carman in a LONG time. lol glad you are feeling better <3 once you realize its an attack its easier to get through it. I still go through moments like that. have you seen the animated version of pilgrims progress? came out i think in 2019

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
satan has used every single one of us at one time .
Remember what paul said . We were all under the influence of satan , BEFORE Being translated into the Kingdom of Christ .
Most folks see satan as someone who uses folks to murder or kill , ONLY
But i tell us all , if we are followers of the flesh , He is the one whom we are heeding . Ponder on that one .
Satan allures , THROUGH the flesh . He can only tempt the flesh .
He allures through the lusts of the flesh , of the eyes , of the pride of life . Yeah . So lets not heed The flesh .
HEED JESUS , HEED the SPIRIT . By faith we can resist him . Let none be the servant of the flesh .
Follow the SPIRIT and ye shall not fullfill the lusts of the flesh . And if any errs , rebuke them quickly
and confess those faults . And if we see any brethren err from the truth , know that the one who converts
the sinner from the error of his ways , he has saved a soul from death . James wrote that one .

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh! wow! i haven't heard carman in a LONG time. lol glad you are feeling better <3 once you realize its an attack its easier to get through it. I still go through moments like that. have you seen the animated version of pilgrims progress? came out i think in 2019

No,.. but I guess we all stumble from time to time though but we just can't fall for Satan's lies.

Reactions: saintiaint

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Btw I meant to say Satan bite the dust not bit the dust lol and I was just singing that really loud and it felt really good. :D

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No,.. but I guess we all stumble from time to time though but we just can't fall for Satan's lies.
okay, look it up if you can. its free. i think God wants you to see that one. felt it. anyway, it deals with quite a few of things you are going through.the animated version is fun and really cool, but there is a lot in that FOR YOU. its free online somewhere. you can find the trailer on YouTube for an idea

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thanks,.. but I think I'll use that from now on when he comes back (and he will come back) and bothers me again. I'll just tell him to bite the dust. :D I've heard that the devil only picks on the strong so my faith must be stronger than I think because otherwise he would have already given up trying to steal my salvation from me, but he can't do that no mater how hard he tries. :)

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks,.. but I think I'll use that from now on when he comes back (and he will come back) and bothers me again. I'll just tell him to bite the dust. :D I've heard that the devil only picks on the strong so my faith must be stronger than I think because otherwise he would have already given up trying to steal my salvation from me, but he can't do that no mater how hard he tries. :)
that is the best thing you can do! just to be clear though that's not all pilgrims progress is about. it covers all of the struggles and tests we go through. that bag on his back is the weight of our sin and he has to go through different journeys and so on and fighting temptations and worldly things. i wish they had done the holy wars, too. if they did it would knock LOTR out of the water.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"As I was just talking about in another thread sometimes I do believe that he does. I sort of picture my walk with the Lord to be like a little toddler learning how to run. They might stumble and fall sometimes but then they continue right on running and I recently stumbled and fell..." <----We won't always win the battles, but the war has already been won from eternity past, amen sister!
...because Satan asks me really tough questions sometimes that I honestly don't know how to answer. <---- Satan MUST flea from you when you give it all to God and resist. That is when God shows us that He makes straight." "In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:6

"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."
James 4:7
To me, it seems that you're desire is to want the things of God and you ARE being attacked by Satan BECAUSE you are moving closer to Him. Satan does not want to lose you, or any of us and, his fiery darts do not stop so...once we recognize his "wiles", it becomes easier to ward them off. God replaces our desires if we truly want that and, it has taken me SOOOOO long to honestly trust in Him.

Just see how Jesus answered Satan's questions when He was tempted in the wilderness...He always started with "It is written..." Then goes on to quote certain scripts.

"My heart knows that it wants Jesus and loves Jesus...<---Then I would say you are in a good place as, He knows our hearts and will eventually make your "want's" into His wants and His will! Heck, doesn't happen overnight, lol.

... but Satan was just asking me that if people were going to constantly judge me why don't I just give up my Christianity when he can give me the ultimate freedom and power?
<--- This is always the problem it seems. "Other Christians".
Here's an old short story about where our eyes need to be...and it sure ain't on other Christians!

"The story started with a woman who told her pastor that she would no longer go to his church. She reasoned that she could not stand how members gossiped about each other, or checked their mobile phones during service, or did wrong things when outside of the church walls.

The pastor was not surprised about her frustrations but he asked the woman to do one final thing before she left for good. He said: "Take a full glass of water and walk around the church three times without spilling a drop on the ground. Afterward, leave the church if you desire."

"The woman obliged and did as asked. When she came back to the pastor with her glass of water still full, he asked her a few questions. She confirmed that she did not see anyone gossiping or checking their mobile phones. She also did not encounter any hypocrites."

"You were focused on the glass, to make sure you didn't stumble and spill any water," the pastor told the woman. "When we keep our eyes on Jesus, we don't have time to see the mistakes of others," he added. "We will reach out a helping hand to them and concentrate on our own walk with the Lord."

That definitely sounded like Satan to me and other than the fact that I love the Lord and I want to go to Heaven to be united with Him and reunited with my other loved ones I don't know why I'm a Christian. Do I have to have another reason of why I'm abandoning doing everything that I really want to do just to try and please the Lord? As funny as it sounds,.. sometimes I feel like Troy Bolton from High School Musical. <--- You'll be just fine sister. Your heart is where it needs to be and, He will reveal as you desire His will :)
xo

Reactions: Debp and April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So since I can't really memorize scripture how can I always know how to answer him when he bullies me? Anyways that story you told me sort of reminded me of this moment in the Bible.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So since I can't really memorize scripture how can I always know how to answer him when he bullies me? Anyways that story you told me sort of reminded me of this moment in the Bible.

Yeah, it's all in "trust", no matter what is happening around us in the physical.
Far as memorizing scripture, someone on here a while ago posted something that had me rethinking the Memorization" thing and, what he said made sense, he said that there is no need at all to memorize His word because, the Holy Spirit can bring a scripture back to your mind even if you had read it only one time, even a long time ago so. That brought me comfort as, I stink at memorization!!! o_O :D

Far as Satan fleeing, simply say "be gone, in Jesus name, God rebuke you and you must flee."...then I just say, Thank you Lord, amen! :)

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Far as Satan fleeing, simply say "be gone, in Jesus name, God rebuke you and you must flee."...then I just say, Thank you Lord, amen! :)

Or you can be cool like Carman was and be like "I represent the Christian of today, and I have been authorized and deputized to blow you clean away." :D

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or you can be cool like Carman was and be like "I represent the Christian of today, and I have been authorized and deputized to blow you clean away." :D
Yeah, I was sad to hear he died. But I have to ask...what is different from a Christian then and a Christian of "today"?

Reactions: April_Rose

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I do not believe that the Devil can use people, people just only fall into that trapping due to the Stain of Original Sin.
Say if the Devil himself wanted you to do something against your will, he can not make you do anything at all, the Devil could not make Jesus do anything at all, the only thing that the Devil was doing was putting temptation forward and Jesus rejected such temptations and pointed out to the Devil the truth and the titch was gone.

So no the Devil can not make anyone do a thing himself at all but tempt one. that's all that such is about.
No one can claim that the Devil made you do anything at all, you did such because of your Sin nature, it's free will.
Possessed means that one is taken over by such depravity or you are under what ever the delusions are. one is bathing in such.

The Satanist are promoting a Godless world.

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not believe that the Devil can use people, people just only fall into that trapping due to the Stain of Original Sin.
Say if the Devil himself wanted you to do something against your will, he can not make you do anything at all, the Devil could not make Jesus do anything at all, the only thing that the Devil was doing was putting temptation forward and Jesus rejected such temptations and pointed out to the Devil the truth and the titch was gone.

So no the Devil can not make anyone do a thing himself at all but tempt one. that's all that such is about.
No one can claim that the Devil made you do anything at all, you did such because of your Sin nature, it's free will.
Possessed means that one is taken over by such depravity or you are under what ever the delusions are. one is bathing in such.

The Satanist are promoting a Godless world.

I was actually just thinking about that today but I forgot to say something about it. If Jesus Himself was tempted then I'm definitely not alone when I become tempted. The only problem is that I don't always like what I become when somebody starts pushing my buttons. :(

Reactions: saintiaint