Does Satan has an end, or will he continue living forever?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
(kriss;55891)
Well I can not agree completly with that statement We were created as souls with a spirt... or spirt with a soul... how ever you want see it Its how God foreknew us ...flesh is only a temporary state in this age .. it will never exist again our true self is what returns to the father at death of the flesh.. it is what we will return to at the changing this is not a ghost body it has substance Just as Christ could be seen and touched and eat after his resurection. He is our example of incoruptable body... incorubtable means we can not die of the things our flesh body dies from.. old age ect. We can only die if God kills our soul thats why its called the second death if God kills our soul we are no longer remembered..cease to exist. We will have substance live on earth with Christ as our King but we are not flesh. To be Flesh is to be in sin. And as I have stated flesh and blood can not enter heaven and heaven is where God is.
As I have said in my original post, this is the reason why I avoid this kind of forum; most believe that what they believe is the only truth (they believe that they are more correct than those who they disagree with), so no matter what anyone can say will convince them otherwise, even if one were to use scriptures that shows that they are in error.Rarely have I ever come across anyone who is willing to believe something against what they have been taught to believe. So I will end this discussion here.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
verzanumi24As I have said in my original post, this is the reason why I avoid this kind of forum; most believe that what they believe is the only truth (they believe that they are more correct than those who they disagree with), so no matter what anyone can say will convince them otherwise, even if one were to use scriptures that shows that they are in error.
Of course people will believe they are more correct,thats why there is a disagreement,and its not just this site,or any site for that matter,thats life.Now, if you use scripture and your interpretation is different that mine Im still going to feel Im right,and yes thats regardless of what anyone else says.But if I am wrong and its shown,I have no problem admitting it.Your point about satan dying the second death,Ive never really thought about it,but I happen to agree with you,satans death will not be his second.As far as a spirit and a spiritual body,can you tell me what the difference is?

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
(n2thelight;56079)
Your point about satan dying the second death,Ive never really thought about it,but I happen to agree with you,satans death will not be his second.As far as a spirit and a spiritual body,can you tell me what the difference is?
Because they are two different words; the word spirit is one kind of word, and the word spiritual is another….they are similar but they are not the same. If the writer had meant spirit body, then he would have used the word spirit body, since there is a word for spirit in the Greek. We should not go about the Bible and saying things that are different than what is actually says in the scriptures. It's one thing to surmise from what is written, it's another thing to say a word does not mean what it says, but mean this or that instead......whatever the word says that's what it means, unless we are talking about visions parables and things like that, and in those cases that Bible gives it own interpretations.Here are a few scriptures that show the difference between spiritual and spirit.1 Corinthians 15:44 (KJV) 44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. Spiritual:Greek Word: πνευματικόςTransliteration: pneumatikosPhonetic Pronunciation: pnyoo-mat-ik-os'Root: from Cross Reference: TDNT - 6:332,876Part of Speech: adjVine's Words: Spiritual from (pneuma); non-carnal, i.e. (humanly) ethereal (as opposed to gross), or (dæmoniacally) a spirit (concretely), or (divinely) supernatural, regenerate, religious :- spiritual. Compare (psuchikos). Strong's Talking Greek & Hebrew Dictionary.1 Corinthians 6:20 (KJV) 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's. Spirit:Greek Word: πνεῦμαTransliteration: pneumaPhonetic Pronunciation: pnyoo'-mahRoot: from Cross Reference: TDNT - 6:332,876Part of Speech: n nVine's Words: Breath, Breathe, Spirit, Wind from (pneo); a current of air, i.e. breath (blast) or a breeze; by analogy or figurative a spirit, i.e. (human) the rational soul, (by implicaiton) vital principle, mental disposition, etc., or (superhuman) an angel, dæmon, or (divine) God, Christ's spirit, the Holy Spirit :- ghost, life, spirit (-ual, -ually), mind. Compare (psuche). Strong's Talking Greek & Hebrew Dictionary.I don’t know about you or anyone else, but as far as I am concern it is quite clear that glorified human beings (Christians) will have a spiritual body, and spiritual does not mean spirit. So we will have a physical body that is ageless, indestructible and filled with the power of God. It will not be the body that we now have, because the scripture says we will change in the twinkling of an eye. If God wanted us to be purely spirit, then He world have done so in the beginning, but instead He made us to be beings that are comprised of both body and spirit. Glorified human beings will exist in both worlds, as God does through Jesus His Son.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
I see what you are saying,but I don't think it matters,here's how I see itWe are and were created souls,for the purpose of this age we wre given a flesh body the spirit is the intellect of the soul,its what makes you,you.When we die,we simply step out of the flesh.What Im trying to say is that technically we are a soul.

jtartar

Mar 14, 2008
(verzanumi24;55768)
I would like to say that am not fund of this part of Christian forums, because it's generally does not that edifying in my opinion, because we tend to argue our point baste on what we believe, in an attempt to convince each other against what they have concluded that what they believe is the truth. But I am gong to make an exception here; I'm going to ask a question about the faith of Satan, and what you as an individual believe will ultimately happen to Satan (I will tell you what the scripture has to say after I have gotten enough response)....here it is. Do you believe that Satan will be around forever? Do you believe that God will allow Satan to continue living?
verzanumi, Satan will positively be put to death!! You are wise not to believe what other men tell you, unless they use scripture to prove the point. Only the Holy Scriptures can be relied upon when trying to understand Bible doctrines, that can very well mean our everlasting life.. What is pointed to as the first priphecy in the Holy Scriptures is Gen 3:15. This is a long range prophecy that pointed to the death of Jesus as he being brusised in the heel, by Satan. But later Satan would be brusied in the head. Many translations say CRUSHED in the head. This points to Satan's end. We have several scriptures scriptuures that also point to this destiny for Satan. Consider Matt 25:41, where we are told about the everlasting fire prepared for the Devil and his angels. This everlasting fire is the same place as the Lake of Fire mentioned at Rev 20:14,15, 21:8, also Mark 9:43-47, where this everlasting fire is called Gehenna, by Jesus. At Rev 20:10 we are told about the Devil being thrown into the Lake of Fire. At Rev 20:14,15, 21:8, this Lake of Fire is identified as the second DEATH. As Matt 25:46, tells us this is an everlasting CUTTING-OFF.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
(jtartar;57520)
verzanumi, Satan will positively be put to death!! You are wise not to believe what other men tell you, unless they use scripture to prove the point. Only the Holy Scriptures can be relied upon when trying to understand Bible doctrines, that can very well mean our everlasting life.. What is pointed to as the first priphecy in the Holy Scriptures is Gen 3:15. This is a long range prophecy that pointed to the death of Jesus as he being brusised in the heel, by Satan. But later Satan would be brusied in the head. Many translations say CRUSHED in the head. This points to Satan's end. We have several scriptures scriptuures that also point to this destiny for Satan. Consider Matt 25:41, where we are told about the everlasting fire prepared for the Devil and his angels. This everlasting fire is the same place as the Lake of Fire mentioned at Rev 20:14,15, 21:8, also Mark 9:43-47, where this everlasting fire is called Gehenna, by Jesus. At Rev 20:10 we are told about the Devil being thrown into the Lake of Fire. At Rev 20:14,15, 21:8, this Lake of Fire is identified as the second DEATH. As Matt 25:46, tells us this is an everlasting CUTTING-OFF.
Yes, Satan's days are numbered; God will destroy or remove him from existence.Ezekiel 28:11-19 (NKJV) 11 Moreover the word of the Lord came to me, saying, 12 "Son of man, take up a lamentation for the king of Tyre, and say to him, 'Thus says the Lord God: "You were the seal of perfection, Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. 13 You were in Eden, the garden of God; Every precious stone was your covering: The sardius, topaz, and diamond, Beryl, onyx, and jasper, Sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold. The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes Was prepared for you on the day you were created. 14 "You were the anointed cherub who covers; I established you; You were on the holy mountain of God; You walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones. 15 You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created, Till iniquity was found in you. 16 "By the abundance of your trading You became filled with violence within, And you sinned; Therefore I cast you as a profane thing Out of the mountain of God; And I destroyed you, O covering cherub, From the midst of the fiery stones. 17 "Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty; You corrupted your wisdom for the sake of your splendor; I cast you to the ground, I laid you before kings, That they might gaze at you. 18 "You defiled your sanctuaries By the multitude of your iniquities, By the iniquity of your trading; Therefore I brought fire from your midst; It devoured you, And I turned you to ashes upon the earth In the sight of all who saw you. 19 All who knew you among the peoples are astonished at you; You have become a horror, And shall be no more forever." ' "