Does Satan run the world? Or does God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
??? It’s cool @Behold. I accept you for who you are.

@MatthewG , your comment sounds like something from a book that came out in the '1970's.

"im ok, you're ok".

And that is a good idea, but its impractical...... as when we realize that "all have sinned" and are in love with it, then that does not make us "OK".
That makes us owned and operated by the Devil.

But there is a way out.

A.) Jesus came into the world to Save sinners.

And after we are saved, we have to read the NT and find out how to keep ourselves out of cults.

Hebrews 13:9 was one you missed... @MatthewG , and that is why you teach a cult theology.

And at some point, you have to realize that we can't accept cult teachings, like Preterism.

So, I edited the previous post for you. @MatthewG

In Matthew 24........Jesus is speaking of a generation that is to come.... Because... Jesus was not just The Lamb of God.. Jesus was/is a Prophet. And He Prophesied in Matt 24, regarding the Trib and Grt Trib.

And certain things had to happen before.... that all began.

Like.

"many shall come in my name, saying im a Christ"... Pretending to be the Messiah

"wars and rumors of wars"

You have "the elect"

So, all of those and so many more, take Time to get there.
Much more then 70 yrs AD

But here is the main one..

Jesus says that the "gospel of the Kingdom" shall be preached in the Trib.

See that Gospel?

That is not the Gospel of the Grace of God. That is not Paul's Gospel.

How do you know?
Its because that one is related to what Jesus was giving to the Jews, before He died to become OUR Gospel.

See it?

And that is why Jesus says it'll be given in the Trib., as the Trib is when ""the Time of the Gentiles"" is over, and God resumes His dealing with the JEW.

Reader, the body of Christ, is the gentile church, not the Jewish Church, tho a Jew or anyone can be saved in "the time of the Gentiles".

The "time of the Gentiles' Gospel that is given to the gentile Church, that we have believed, came from Paul who is "the apostle to the Gentiles".
So, OUR Gospel is "the Gospel of the GRACE of God"...
See that one?
That one is.. "The GIFT of Salvation"... not "he who endures to the end"..

Paul's Gospel.....is for the GENTILES... and once the "time of the Gentiles is over" then God resumes dealing with the Jew.
= Rule changes.
So, if you miss the Rapture, then you have to Believe, and do works, and endure to the end, to be saved.
That is not OUR Gospel... at all.
And that is why 144,000 JEWS come forward and that is why you find no CHRISTIAN Gentile Church Preaching., as we dont preach that Tribulation gospel.
See, OUR Gospel = is the "reconciliation" or that ""God was in Christ in the world...= not counting you sins against you.""
That is 2nd Corinthians 5:19 and John 3:17.
That one is not found in the Trib.

The Gospel of the Kingdom, is what Jesus was talking about to JEWS, in Mark 1.... and that is why its not speaking about a CROSS, as Jesus hadn't died on it yet.. .so, He could not be talking about that one to those Jews.

Therefore, when God resumes His dealing with the Jew, in the Trib... = then the "time of the gentiles is over".... and the Gospel of the Grace of God is also.

So, you now have 144,000 Jews, coming forward, and a "gospel of the kingdom", ..
And that one is " believe, and do works, and endure to the end and you shall be saved".

Is that our Gospel?
Its is absolutely not, but it is the one that Jesus is talking about to JEWISH APOSTLES, (Prophetically) regarding the Trib that is on the way, when God resumes His dealing with the JEW.

And its about to start.
And the born again will not be a part of it.
See, God didnt save us, by His Grace, to then put us under another Gospel that is "believe, do works, and endure to the end".= Trib Saints.

We the born again are not those.
We are the "new Creations in Christ" who are reconciled to God by "justification by faith" and "faith is counted by God as (Christ's) Righteousness.

Our Gospel, is .. ."The GIFT of Salvation.. and "The GIFT of Righteousness"... and "come and be ye reconciled to God by the CROSS and receive the Gift of Eternal Life".... and that one wont be found in the Trib/Grt Trib

The is NO "Free Gift of Salvation" after the "time of the gentiles" is over.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t believe that’s Satans name. Jesus was one who brought light not Satan. But Lucifer in is a mistranslation I personally believe. And I believe Nebuchadnezzar would be appropriate.
When the Bible is contradicted by a personal belief, the personal belief is not of scripture .

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the Bible is contradicted by a personal belief, the personal belief is not of scripture .
Blessed I’m okay with the way you are too. No hatred, or two faced joshing. Anyone may choose to believe whatever they want. Anyone who tells you, that you must obey their way of belief, is only fooling you. Our source is God. And I have a certain view that most don’t understand. It takes a lot of time, and study. That’s why it is not any easy feat for anyone who has never done something like that before. You know? To get to book of revelation in a week or a day, is beyond me. It takes sometimes years of study. May the God above be with us as he indwells us in which produce fruits of love to one another and accept each others differences goes a lot further than anything else.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@MatthewG , your comment sounds like something from a book that came out in the '1970's.

"im ok, you're ok".

And that is a good idea, but its impractical...... as when we realize that "all have sinned" and are in love with it, then that does not make us "OK".
That makes us owned and operated by the Devil.

But there is a way out.

A.) Jesus came into the world to Save sinners.

And after we are saved, we have to read the NT and find out how to keep ourselves out of cults.

Hebrews 13:9 was one you missed... @MatthewG , and that is why you teach a cult theology.

And at some point, you have to realize that we can't accept cult teachings, like Preterism.

So, I edited the previous post for you. @MatthewG

In Matthew 24........Jesus is speaking of a generation that is to come.... Because... Jesus was not just The Lamb of God.. Jesus was/is a Prophet. And He Prophesied in Matt 24, regarding the Trib and Grt Trib.

And certain things had to happen before.... that all began.

Like.

"many shall come in my name, saying im a Christ"... Pretending to be the Messiah

"wars and rumors of wars"

You have "the elect"

So, all of those and so many more, take Time to get there.
Much more then 70 yrs AD

But here is the main one..

Jesus says that the "gospel of the Kingdom" shall be preached in the Trib.

See that Gospel?

That is not the Gospel of the Grace of God. That is not Paul's Gospel.

How do you know?
Its because that one is related to what Jesus was giving to the Jews, before He died to become OUR Gospel.

See it?

And that is why Jesus says it'll be given in the Trib., as the Trib is when ""the Time of the Gentiles"" is over, and God resumes His dealing with the JEW.

Reader, the body of Christ, is the gentile church, not the Jewish Church, tho a Jew or anyone can be saved in "the time of the Gentiles".

The "time of the Gentiles' Gospel that is given to the gentile Church, that we have believed, came from Paul who is "the apostle to the Gentiles".
So, OUR Gospel is "the Gospel of the GRACE of God"...
See that one?
That one is.. "The GIFT of Salvation"... not "he who endures to the end"..

Paul's Gospel.....is for the GENTILES... and once the "time of the Gentiles is over" then God resumes dealing with the Jew.
= Rule changes.
So, if you miss the Rapture, then you have to Believe, and do works, and endure to the end, to be saved.
That is not OUR Gospel... at all.
And that is why 144,000 JEWS come forward and that is why you find no CHRISTIAN Gentile Church Preaching., as we dont preach that Tribulation gospel.
See, OUR Gospel = is the "reconciliation" or that ""God was in Christ in the world...= not counting you sins against you.""
That is 2nd Corinthians 5:19 and John 3:17.
That one is not found in the Trib.

The Gospel of the Kingdom, is what Jesus was talking about to JEWS, in Mark 1.... and that is why its not speaking about a CROSS, as Jesus hadn't died on it yet.. .so, He could not be talking about that one to those Jews.

Therefore, when God resumes His dealing with the Jew, in the Trib... = then the "time of the gentiles is over".... and the Gospel of the Grace of God is also.

So, you now have 144,000 Jews, coming forward, and a "gospel of the kingdom", ..
And that one is " believe, and do works, and endure to the end and you shall be saved".

Is that our Gospel?
Its is absolutely not, but it is the one that Jesus is talking about to JEWISH APOSTLES, (Prophetically) regarding the Trib that is on the way, when God resumes His dealing with the JEW.

And its about to start.
And the born again will not be a part of it.
See, God didnt save us, by His Grace, to then put us under another Gospel that is "believe, do works, and endure to the end".= Trib Saints.

We the born again are not those.
We are the "new Creations in Christ" who are reconciled to God by "justification by faith" and "faith is counted by God as (Christ's) Righteousness.

Our Gospel, is .. ."The GIFT of Salvation.. and "The GIFT of Righteousness"... and "come and be ye reconciled to God by the CROSS and receive the Gift of Eternal Life".... and that one wont be found in the Trib/Grt Trib

The is NO "Free Gift of Salvation" after the "time of the gentiles" is over.
Sorry man, I don’t want to read this. All the best to you my friend. Always in Christ. No matter the differences of views.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Sorry man, I don’t want to read this. All the best to you my friend. Always in Christ. No matter the differences of views.

Why do you think i want to read what you post to me?

Am i interested in your cult teaching?
Why do you BELIEVE that any real Christians want's to read about PRETERISM?

So, let me give you something that is good for you.

Here is a verse.

"be in the world, but not OF the world".

And how is that to be understood, other then, not to be a part of the LUST of the world..?

Its like this @MatthewG ...

A.) Cult teachings, like Calvinism, and Gnosticism, and Scientology, and Preterism, and Catholicism.....

See those?

Those are man made heresies..

What does that mean? It means they are OF THE WORLD, as they came from the WORLD.

So, you are to stay away from all those, = "be in the world but not of it" = to be caught up in a cult , is to be "in the world'.

That's not for us, @MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay. Thank you for stating your point. It’s just different views. You make it sound like it’s taboo, though when it’s very apparent. This is from my Thompson chain reference Bible. There is probably more views you could add besides the three here. You can keep calling me deceived or whatever. It’s a view dude… a view… you need to accept that. Maybe you’ll get over it… it’s nothing new… or cultic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    567.5 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    613.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
It’s a view dude… a view… you need to accept that. Maybe you’ll get over it… it’s nothing new… or cultic.

Are you still 13 yrs old? @MatthewG

Then enough with the teenager speech, = "ok DUDE" "ok MAN".

= "got that Dog"?

= "are we down"?

GEEZ...

Grow up.
Its time.... dont you agree?

also...

Its a LIE, when you post preterism...... as "truth".

See, for you, its not a ""VIEW.""

You BELIEVE this Preterism nonsense., as does 3-Resurrections.

So, you get over that , and you are good to go... @MatthewG

3 Resurrections

Jan 20, 2024
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation is prophetic, not historic.
Prophecy is not necessarily about future things. Remember, when Christ was on trial before the Sanhedrin, those who struck Him mocked Him, saying, "Prophesy, who was it that smote thee?" (Luke 22:63). This striking of Christ had already occurred, yet they were urging Christ to prophesy, identifying the one who had just done this.

Revelation is a compilation of prophecy about things that had happened before, things that were presently taking place, and things that were ABOUT TO take place shortly afterward in John's days (Rev. 1:19).

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Prophecy is not necessarily about future things.

Actually, regarding God's foreknowledge, prophecy is always related to the future.

See, if it was related to the past, then it would be HISTORY, not Prophecy.

So, those Ignorant Jews who were slapping Jesus, misused that word, and what they meant was...."show us a sign".

See, "Jews require a sign", and they were tempting Jesus (trying to)... to get Him to do what they said....

This is the same idea as when Christ was on the Nails, on the Tree, they told Him to "come down"..

So, all this is mocking = blasphemy = on many levels.

Its literally no different then the Devil saying to Jesus, "if you bow before me".. "If you do what i say"...

And that is why Christ had defined these as "YOu are of YOUR Father,.. the Devil"... long before they arrested Him, and proved it for eternity.

3 Resurrections

Jan 20, 2024
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark was imprisoned on Patmos?
I never said that. The early church fathers mentioned a John the Presbyter as being a separate individual from John the son of Zebedee (Eusebius gives this quote from Papias). Yet John the son of Zebedee is mentioned as being separate from the "beloved disciple" in the book of John. Some of the confusion of which particular "John" survived the AD 70 period is a result of mistakenly identifying which of several "Johns" was doing what. It was John Eleazar who was on Patmos. This was the resurrected Lazarus, beloved disciple of the Lord who cared for Mary after Christ's crucifixion. It would have been John Mark who survived past the AD 70 period. John the son of Zebedee died by martyrdom as well as his brother James, just as Christ foretold that they would drink the same cup that He did. John Eleazar the author of Revelation never died again, and remained on earth until Christ returned, as Christ also foretold.

3 Resurrections

Jan 20, 2024
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, regarding God's foreknowledge, prophecy is always related to the future.

See, if it was related to the past, then it would be HISTORY, not Prophecy.
Sure, if you are talking about foreknowledge, of course that kind of prophecy is related to the future.

But the prophets of the OT were often sent to rehearse people's past sins to them as a rebuke from God. This kind of prophecy was concerning past events.

And when the OT temple musicians prophesied on harps and other musical instruments in 1 Chronicles 25:1-3, giving praise to God, this was not of future events, but was giving thanks and testimony of God's eternal character and glory.

Revelation's prophecies are not all related to the future. Many of them were of past events - even the ancient past, such as the "song of Moses" in Rev. 15:3 that was given all the way back in Deuteronomy 32. Such as the birth of Christ and His ascension to His Father's throne in Rev. 12. Such as the martyrdom of Antipas in Rev. 2. Such as the ancient history of the Sea Beast n Rev. 13:2 going all the way back to the "lion" kingdom of Babylon and Nebuchadnezzar. Such as the past activity of "Jezebel" to whom God had given a space to repent, but who had not done so. Such as the past millennium's literal thousand years which ended with Christ's First resurrection event in AD 33. Etc., etc.

3 Resurrections

Jan 20, 2024
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree.
The full preterist here struggles to make their doctrine fit contemporary reality.

This is a new Earth? If so, we'll need saving again. :(
YES, we do need the next final (third) resurrection and a final GWT judgment event to bring fallen mankind's history to a close. Even with the NHNE reality which we are currently living in, Isaiah never said that this was the culmination point of all human history. Isaiah's description of the NHNE included the presence of sinners, death of both righteous and wicked (even with extended lifespans), the birth of offspring continuing, and prayers to God still ascending to heaven. The inclusion of all of these things in Isaiah 65 shows us that this NHNE not the ending point of all human history. Once we are in the eternal state, prayers to God won't be necessary anymore, since we will be directly in His presence. Also, the birth of offspring will not be occurring in the eternal state, since there will no longer be a need to replace the dying members of humanity.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I never said that. The early church fathers mentioned a John the Presbyter as being a separate individual from John the son of Zebedee (Eusebius gives this quote from Papias). Yet John the son of Zebedee is mentioned as being separate from the "beloved disciple" in the book of John. Some of the confusion of which particular "John" survived the AD 70 period is a result of mistakenly identifying which of several "Johns" was doing what. It was John Eleazar who was on Patmos. This was the resurrected Lazarus, beloved disciple of the Lord who cared for Mary after Christ's crucifixion. It would have been John Mark who survived past the AD 70 period. John the son of Zebedee died by martyrdom as well as his brother James, just as Christ foretold that they would drink the same cup that He did. John Eleazar the author of Revelation never died again, and remained on earth until Christ returned, as Christ also foretold.

You bring to the forum some of the best religious Sci-Fi that ive read in a while.
Only @Episkopos can match you... @3 Resurrections.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Sure, if you are talking about foreknowledge, of course that kind of prophecy is related to the future.

Yes, its good to see you try to walk back the nonsense you posted previously. @3 Resurrections

You are one of these...

You state something that is man-made, non biblical, unprovable nonsense, (like Preterism)... then when you are revealed ... you then come running back and try to do some damage control by saying... "that is what i said".

-classic

3 Resurrections

Jan 20, 2024
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, John wrote the Revelation in AD96.

So, you are not going to accept the History of John being on Patmos in 96AD and writing the Revelation, but you agree completely that 70 AD is when the Temple was destroyed?
This presumption of John being on Patmos in AD 96 is what sends your whole interpretation of Revelation off-track. The internal evidence of Revelation and scripture itself denies that late date and requires a date between late AD 59 and early AD 60.

And your understanding of which individuals were to be raptured is also off-base, according to scripture. The living saints who never died were not promised to sail off into heaven without passing through the death process. ALL must die the one appointed time, according to the rule in Hebrews 9:27. The whole concept of the globe's living believers being translated is a lie. No one gets off this planet without passing through death the one time.

It was only resurrected saints which were raptured and taken to heaven with Christ in AD 70. John the author of Revelation was one of them.

3 Resurrections

Jan 20, 2024
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, its good to see you try to walk back the nonsense you posted previously.

You are one of these...

You state something that is nonsense, then you are revealed and then you come and try to do some damage control by saying "that is what i said".
I am not responsible for the mistaken impressions you get from what I wrote. I can clarify what I wrote, but this is not "walking back" anything. Try not to be so suspicious of people's motives. It's not good for your health to be so cynical.

Reactions: Wrangler

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
This presumption of John being on Patmos in AD 96 is what sends your whole interpretation of Revelation off-track.

I have no interpretation.

I posted the Historical reality based on Dates, that are both related to the bible and to other historical sources.
And i explained them.

You dont like any of this, as your Preterism is being revealed, and its UGLY.

3 Resurrections

Jan 20, 2024
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You bring to the forum some of the best religious Sci-Fi that ive read in a while.
LOL, I have the best version of Sci-Fi that I took from my father's collection when he died. Larkin provides some of the most elaborate stuff imaginable. Though I do appreciate his artistic abilities. Too bad it was applied to such mistaken eschatology. It sent so many people off in the wrong direction, including myself for so many years until I did my own thorough Bible study on these themes.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I am not responsible for the mistaken impressions you get from what I wrote.

You are entirely responsible for trying to dodge what you posted by trying to spin the facts.

Thats on you, Mr Preterist.

Now come and do it again, as this forum needs the amusement that you keep providing as your "theology".