Does Satan run the world? Or does God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

3 Resurrections

Jan 20, 2024
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You dont like any of this, as your Preterism is being revealed, and its UGLY.
What is ugly is to essentially call Christ a liar by denying what He said about His own wicked generation experiencing all those foretold disasters in the Olivet Discourse. What is ugly is to promote such fear-mongering as fact when they are past events fulfilled back in the first century.

It's just like God once said of the false prophets who had made the heart of the righteous sad, whom He had not made sad.

3 Resurrections

Jan 20, 2024
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you shouldn't do it. @3 Resurrections

You should go immediately and put your demonic Preterism Videos and Commentaries, in the DUMPSTER where they Belong.

And then you need to repent of teaching this "doctrine of devils" on a Christian Forum.
Your vitriol is nothing new to me. I never respond in kind to this type of language. As MatthewG would probably say also, you are kindred in Christ, and that suffices to keep both you and me in the family of God - not whether we see eye to eye on eschatology. We are not eternally saved by our level of knowledge of scripture's contents, or infants would have no chance of salvation.

I have made a twelve-year study of what I present here online, and God has continued to answer all the questions I ever had on this subject. The Interlinear NT was what led me in the direction of Preterist teaching. And the scriptures all reconcile with each other on this. Christ bodily returned to the Mount of Olives as promised back on Pentecost day in AD 70, bringing His resurrected saints back to heaven with Him, and He will return once more for the final third resurrection event and another GWT judgment in 3033.

In the meantime, the gospel of the kingdom, as promised, will grow into a mountain that fills the whole world. I am "occupying" until God sees fit to take my spirit to Himself at my death. And I've no problem waiting for that future final bodily resurrection when I will receive my own changed, incorruptible body form made immortal.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Your vitriol is nothing new to me.

Still trying to dodge... are you? @3 Resurrections

Here is the thing.., so pay attention.

You post Preterism, as if this is True., and that is going to call you out, continually.

And, you have denied that John the apostle, wrote The Revelation, and that is going to come back to you, also.

So, there it is, as when you intentionally and knowingly and carnally bring false theology to a Christian forum, to try to deceive real Believers.... then you have to wear the consequences that you bring upon yourself.

Understand : Mr Preterist?

= That's on you, as those are your posts..

Believe it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

3 Resurrections

Jan 20, 2024
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still trying to dodge... are you? @3 Resurrections
Behold, I have a responsibility to meet deadlines for my workroom clients. Not all of us have unlimited time at our disposal to respond to every single comment. If you want to interpret this as a "dodge", that's on you.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Behold, I have a responsibility to meet deadlines for my workroom clients. Not all of us have unlimited time at our disposal to respond to every single comment. If you want to interpret this as a "dodge", that's on you.

Yes, Mr Preterist.... i can tell you are very busy in life..
That absolutely explains.... why you are here on the Fourm so much.....

See you there..

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your vitriol is nothing new to me. I never respond in kind to this type of language. As MatthewG would probably say
I’m so glad I blocked @Behold a long time ago. I read the many replies to his vitriol.

Some think they are God’s gift to Christianity, lecturing all us little people about proper doctrine. It’s remarkably un-Christ like.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I’m so glad I blocked @Behold a long time ago. I read the many replies to his vitriol.

Some think they are God’s gift to Christianity, lecturing all us little people about proper doctrine. It’s remarkably un-Christ like.

You slandared me, but you posted no quote, so that is innuendo, and that is what Liar's do..

Welcome to your "christianity".

You understand right ?????? @Wrangler

So pay attention...

Im glad you blocked me.....as Im only here for the real. bible students.

Believe it.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you still 13 yrs old? @MatthewG

Then enough with the teenager speech, = "ok DUDE" "ok MAN".

= "got that Dog"?

= "are we down"?

GEEZ...

Grow up.
Its time.... dont you agree?

also...

Its a LIE, when you post preterism...... as "truth".

See, for you, its not a ""VIEW.""

You BELIEVE this Preterism nonsense., as does 3-Resurrections.

So, you get over that , and you are good to go... @MatthewG
All the best to you. I am just going to hold your post on ignore like some others I have to use it against. The ol tit, for tat, gets old.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
op: satan runs this world?

Yep, Scripture:

"But if our Gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:​

"In whom the [satan] god of this world hath blinded the minds​
of them which believe not, lest the light of The Glorious Gospel
Of Christ, Who Is The Image Of God, Should Shine Unto them."​
(2 Corinthians 4:3-4 AV)​
Amen.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All the best to you. I am just going to hold your post on ignore like some others I have to use it against. The ol tit, for tat, gets old.
We should be able to agree to disagree agreeably. Some just can't do that.

As my wife is fond of saying, what a shame.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tradition is not proof. Never has been. And there was more than one "John" in the ministry in the early church (John surnamed Mark, for instance).

John in writing Revelation says he was presently at that time a "companion in tribulation" along with his brethren (Rev. 1:9). Combined with all the other datable events John gives in Revelation, this "tribulation" period can only be the one which happened just after the AD 57 Ephesian riot in Asia, an episode in which Paul said he had "despaired even of life" (2 Cor. 1:8). The Jews antagonistic to the faith took advantage of that riot directed against Paul to continue persecuting the believers. John's being sent to Patmos (just off coast from Ephesus, and under its jurisdiction) was a result of the persecution in Asia against Christians which was jumpstarted by the AD 57 Ephesian riot against Paul.
@3 Resurrections.....I'm back.... smiley_cheerleader.gif I feel as though I am so behind but I want to address this John business with you and ask you why you believe the following to be wrong ( because you will :Laughingoutloud: ) ( And that is perfectly fine...:dusted:...before going into any more specifics on dates. Catching up on old posts and reading newer ideas... I feel like I am studying for finals.... and alas it was so much easier then. Seriously though..........
This makes a lot of sense to me... tell me why it is wrong please.

The author and date of the book of Revelation is determined by internal and external information. First we will consider the internal and external data that helps us know that the apostle John wrote the book. Second, internal and external data is provided for the location where the book was written and the date of its writing.

Date of the Book of Revelation

The Author – The Internal Evidence​

First, we will address the question, “Who wrote the book of Revelation?” The internal evidence of the book of Revelation is very important since the Word of God is without error and is the only source of truth. It is important to note that the Scripture is the Word of Truth (2 Timothy 2:15) and it is the Word of God (Colossians 1:25). The external evidence can only support what is internal. The external can never override the internal truth. That is the operational principle by which we discover truths about the book of Revelation.

First, let’s examine what the book of Revelation says about its author. We will start with Revelation 1:4.

John to the seven churches that are in Asia: Grace to you and peace, from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne . . . Revelation 1:4 (NASB)
Here we are told that John wrote to the seven churches in Asia. Then in chapters two and three of the book of Revelation, God used him to communicate to seven churches. A person identified as “John” is the author of the book. Paul, James, Peter, and Jude introduced themselves to their readers as the author of their letters or books at the beginning also.

Then in Revelation 1:9-10, John refers to himself as “I.”

I, John, your brother and fellow partaker in the tribulation and kingdom and perseverance which are in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus. I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet . . . Revelation 1:9-10 (NASB)

Then John once again refers to himself as “I” in verse 10. In fact, he refers to himself as”I” in every chapter of the book of Revelation, except in chapters two and three where he quotes God as saying, “I”. In the last chapter, Revelation 22:8, John uses his name once again. That means John referred to himself by name in the first chapters and the last chapter and as “I” in between. The internal evidence states that John is the author of the entire book of Revelation.

Who is this John? Revelation 1:5 gives us a hint when the author says, “To Him who loves us and released us from our sins by His blood . . .” This is a very personal statement and is very similar to the opening verses of 1 John. In 1 John 1:1, the apostle John speaks about touching the Lord with his hands and seeing Him. It is important to recall that he was the disciple whom Jesus loved (John 13:23; 20:2; 21:7, 20). Consequently when the author speaks of Jesus as the One who loves us, it is a clue that this is the apostle John. No other author in the New Testament spoke in this manner of his personal relationship with Jesus as John did! This strongly suggests the apostle John wrote the book of Revelation.

The Author – The External Evidence​

The testimony of the early church fathers strongly supports the view that the apostle John is the author of the book of Revelation. For example, Irenaeus (A.D. 115 – 202) wrote this in his book Against Heresies,

John also, the Lord’s disciple, when beholding the sacerdotal and glorious advent of His kingdom, says in the Apocalypse: “I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks . . .” [1]

Here he states that John was a disciple or apostle of Jesus Christ and that he wrote the Apocalypse or the book of Revelation. The verse that he quotes is Revelation 1:12. Then in numerous other passages in Against Heresies he refers to John and quotes from the book of Revelation.[2]

Justin Martyr (A.D. 100 -166) wrote in Dialogue With Trypho chap 81 that the author of Revelation was John, an apostle of the Lord. He goes on to say,

John, one of the apostles of Christ, who prophesied, by a revelation that was made to him, that those who are in our Christ would dwell a thousand years in Jerusalem . . .[3]

John Walvoord makes this statement about the authorship of Revelation,

The arguments for rejecting the apostolic authorship stem largely from the theological climate of the third century. At that time the Alexandrian School of Theology, including Dionysius, opposed the doctrine of the millennial kingdom which is plainly taught in chapter 20 with its reference to the thousand years. An attack by them on the authorship of John intended to weaken the force of the prophecy . . .

The substantiating evidence for any other author than John the Apostle, however, is almost entirely lacking. While notable scholars can be cited in support of divergent views, the proof dissipates upon examination. It seems clear that the early church attributed the book to John the Apostle. Justin Martyr quotes John’s view that Christ would dwell a thousand years in Jerusalem. Irenaeus quotes every chapter of the book of the Revelation. In like manner, Tertullian cites the author as “the Apostle John” and quotes from almost every chapter of the book. Hippolytus quotes extensively from chapters 17 and 18, attributing them to John the Apostle. Many other early fathers can be cited in similar fashion, such as Clement of Alexandria and Origen. The latter not only quotes from the book but confirms that John the Apostle was on the Isle of Patmos.

The first commentary on the book of Revelation to be preserved, written by Victorinus, regards John the Apostle as the author. [4]

The Muratorian Fragment reveals that most of the New Testament books were already recognized and accepted in the early part of the second century (A.D. 100-150). This would have been shortly after the apostle John died. The Muratorian Fragment was written about A.D. 170 since Polycarp (A.D. 69-155) refers to the Fragment himself.[5] The Fragment is important since it recognizes most of the books of the New Testament and mentions their authors. Here is a partial quote from the Fragment. For a full quote visit The Muratorian Fragment.

As for the letters of Paul, they themselves show those who wish to understand from which place and for which cause they were directed. First of all [he wrote] to the Corinthians forbidding schisms and heresies; then to the Galatians [forbidding] circumcision; to the Romans he wrote at greater length about the order of the Scriptures and also insisting that Christ was their primary theme. It is necessary for us to give an argued account of all these, since the blessed apostle Paul himself, following the order of his predecessor John, but not naming him, writes to seven churches in the following order: first to the Corinthians, second to the Ephesians, third to the Philippians, fourth to the Colossians, fifth to the Galatians, sixth to the Thessalonians, seventh to the Romans. But although [the message] is repeated to the Corinthians and Thessalonians by way of reproof, yet one church is recognized as diffused throughout the whole world. For John also, while he writes to seven churches in the Apocalypse, yet speaks to all. Moreover [Paul writes] one [letter] to Philemon, one to Titus and two to Timothy in love and affection; but they have been hallowed for the honor of the catholic church in the regulation of ecclesiastical discipline. [6]

It is important to notice that the Fragment states that John wrote to the seven churches of the Apocalypse. The external evidence strongly agrees with the internal evidence that the apostle John is the author of the book of Revelation. Now the question before us is when was Revelation written and where was it written?

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Carrying on with my reply 315 I have a question for @3 Resurrections

Whether or not you agree or dont with the link I provided .... As i was reading yet again this popped into my mind.

I have a question.... John said Rev 1:9-10
9 I, John, your brother and fellow partaker in the tribulation and kingdom and perseverance which are in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus. 10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet,

Why, if he had been banished to Patmos would he make the simple statement "was on the island called Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus. "?... almost as if that was the reason he was there and not of any banishment that we have been told
but voluntary in order to write the book.

Also...he said fellow partaker in the tribulation and kingdom and perseverance which are in Jesus, ... to me, does not necessarily mean that he is referring to an ongoing tribulation but
as if he was partaker with others during such....

But if we would assume that he had been banished by Domitian.. who was quite a tyrant to say the least... for we know Domitian, had shown great cruelty toward many, and having unjustly put to death no small number of well-born and notable men at Rome, and having without cause exiled and confiscated the property of a great many other illustrious men..
to live under such circumstances would be nothing less of a tribulation ( The meaning of TRIBULATION is distress or suffering resulting from oppression or persecution; also : a trying experience.) itself.

So this may not be the tribulation that your are assuming... and most others do.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We should be able to agree to disagree agreeably. Some just can't do that.

As my wife is fond of saying, what a shame.
Did you share with me what you see as far the topic? God has always been the ruler over all things hasn’t he?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want to address this John business
Is this post your original work or is it from the referenced articles or other?

Very detailed. One of your paragraphs indicated what "suggests" is the Apostle Paul. I understood the evidence to be that way as well. Yet, I'm OK either way, the author being another John or "the" John. Not sure what difference - at this point - does it make, to quote Hillary? @3 Resurrections, can you explain; is this just esoteric or substantitive to the point of the OP?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a great question Matthew, one that I've struggled with for a long time. Thanks for asking it. I believe we have to admit there is Scriptural evidence for both sides. So, we have the task of reconcilling Scripture.

I think it comes down to the fact that there are general rules and exceptions to those rules. So, it takes quite a bit of discernment. A frequent prayer in Scripture is that one falls into their own trap.
  • YHWH is the Supreme Being, ruler of all.
  • Lucifer + 1/3 of Angels + Adam rebelled. (This tells us rebellion is possible).
  • YHWH left his Creation to the fallen - as a general rule.
  • There are 2 important exceptions to this: (1). We rebel agains the temporary god of this world in allegience to YHWH; (2). YHWH asserts his will on Earth over Lucifer.
Regarding the 2nd important exception, not only does this allow for revelation through the prophets but deliverance through the Messiah. As I pondered this in light of Daniel 10:13, an angel of God was delayed for 21 days by the angel of Persia, I can only imagine there must have been one of the greatest battle of all time in the Spiritual realm surrounding the birth and upbringing of our Lord.

The victory of Satan to destroy the Anointed before he attained full power, wisdom and stature had to be prevented at all costs. Does anyone believe the first time Jesus ever encountered a (fallen) angel was in the desert after his baptism? I don't.
Thank you the apt reply and sharing your insights.